Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To clarify, that's 8 years after next year -- so 6 years in total of their goaltender being better than yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

10.5? Christ

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Highest paid goalie now?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

10.5? Christ

He's the best goalie in hockey, with the exception of maybe Bobrovsky, although I can see maybe having an issue with committing 10.5M to a guy behind suspect D who will probably only play 60-65 games a year

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Krime posted:

Highest paid goalie now?

Not just the highest paid goalie but tied for the highest paid player until McDavid's extension is finally announced.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Krime posted:

Highest paid goalie now?

Starting in 2018-19, yeah, by (I think) 2 million.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/881578493385035777

Wow indeed.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

i.e. Lockout proof

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/Bob_Stauffer/status/881573834645811200

:psyduck:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would rather pay Brian Elliot 2.5 and dump 8 into a top tier defenseman any day of the week.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/881583195749273601

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I would rather pay Brian Elliot 2.5 and dump 8 into a top tier defenseman any day of the week.

Ya that sure worked well for the Flames.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, they were missing a good defenseman, so

e: while I actually love gio a lot, i do think this comparison makes the point. both teams lost in the first round to a superior team, but one had greater flexibility to move on and adjust their roster

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 2, 2017

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

i.e. Lockout proof

More specifically, unbuyoutable which could be a big issue down the line for the Habs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They'll just dump him on an expansion team.

The Kansas Flying Monkeys would love to have Price as the face of their franchise.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It seems like a lot, but I think Price has an easy time arguing he's worth 2.28 Karl Alzner's at the very least.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, but he isn't worth 1.7 Holtbys

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

They'll just dump him on an expansion team.

The Kansas Flying Monkeys would love to have Price as the face of their franchise.

gently caress, now I'll be disappointed if KC gets a team and doesn't use this name

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

So the hawks will get sbisa and I'll have to quit hockey right?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Carey is cool and good and deserves all the money.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

*high pitched stupid nerd voice*

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yeah, but he isn't worth 1.7 Holtbys

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

what the gently caress! god dammit

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If it is for Sbisa, I think we can dial back the "Goerge is an idiot" rhetoric, although I'll maintain that he still drafted sorta poorly and should have just just rolled the dice on Hudon.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/BHTVeric/status/881588908454289408

Good ol' future considerations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wonder if Vegas is planning on just flipping him to someone else. His contract at half retained is probably worth... something

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
That Price contract is probably just keeping up with the % of cap hit that someone like Lundqvist had at the time he signed

It's a poo poo ton of money though

He's the best goalie when he's on his game but man he looked kind of off in the playoffs last year

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stiev Awt posted:

*high pitched stupid nerd voice*

stop reading my posts aloud ty

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Carey Price will end up being the greatest Canadien to never win a Cup.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
lol I just looked at Dan Girardi's HERO chart and he doesn't even have a visible bar for shot suppression

So bad

e: ownthepuck only goes back to 2010-2011 but Staal's numbers take a big noticeable dive after he got that bad concussion from his brother that took forever to recover from.

Levitate fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 2, 2017

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

that chart is really Good

e: as in dan girardi is really Good

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Meaning back to Chicago at some future deadline, I assume.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

mastershakeman posted:

what the gently caress! god dammit

That move has been expected for quite some time to get the Hawks under the cap. Bottom six is gonna be a mess next year, though. Even if he was overpaid, Kruger is more effective defensively than the guys they're going to try and replace him with.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

lol I just looked at Dan Girardi's HERO chart and he doesn't even have a visible bar for shot suppression

So bad

e: ownthepuck only goes back to 2010-2011 but Staal's numbers take a big noticeable dive after he got that bad concussion from his brother that took forever to recover from.

We Have Our Own Analytics

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

a false posted:

We Have Our Own Analytics

A comment that ranks right up there with "But does he fit our culture?"

They did get Kunitz who is a fancy stat darling though so I guess they balanced things out just a lil bit

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

e: while I actually love gio a lot

thanks, man. i dont know who you are but i appreciate it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ummagumma posted:

That move has been expected for quite some time to get the Hawks under the cap. Bottom six is gonna be a mess next year, though. Even if he was overpaid, Kruger is more effective defensively than the guys they're going to try and replace him with.

hossas weird thing and losing hammer made me think they could keep Kruger. I feel like they got afraid of the league office doing anything where the hossa contract would matter and are playing safe instead of abusing the cap

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Trade him to Nashville so he can get the cup he deserves

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Aphrodite posted:

To clarify, that's 8 years after next year -- so 6 years in total of their goaltender being better than yoursinjured most of the time.

Carey deserved to get paid and I am glad it's not my team paying him

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

yellowcar posted:

He also deserves a good team in front of him but here we are....

edit: The team is //okay// at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Price should get injured less often now that the team no longer has Emelin to crosscheck guys into him.

• Locked thread