Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

hi space pals

do u still brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Picture Gremlich spending 30 minutes trying to explain to German police that there's a perpetrator of aggravated libel and corporate espionage loose somewhere in Europe

"Sir, I asked what he looked like, not details about his genitals."

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Last week's numbers are in and saw dips in the player counts in all three EA modules. Latest figures:

Star Marine: 20.83
Arena Commander: 23.65
Racing: 3.10

Given the persistent unpopularity of the racing minigame, it seems like a strange decision to feature a racing theme for the latest sale. The best marketer of all time acts in mysterious ways...

The department of goon FUD brings you the average player count figures for the previous 9-ish days!

Star Marine: 19.7
Arena Commander: 24.2
Racing: 2.7

Stay tuned for next week's installment!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

The department of goon FUD brings you the average player count figures for the previous 9-ish days!

Star Marine: 19.7
Arena Commander: 24.2
Racing: 2.7

Stay tuned for next week's installment!

Kinda shows just how groundbreaking and anticipated the games truely are. :)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/881612354441498624

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Thanks for that--I'm hoping in a few hours someone comes along and re-inflates his balls. But alas, they will undoubtedly become overinflated balls at that point.

hot balls man no homo posted:

He'll never make it in. Bunnyman and the dark knight will be working security at the door.

He made it in just fine last year. The disguise worked perfect. You can see him in the background of one of the shots with lots of people. He is the one doing the "hold the roof up" dance.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

do u still brain?

I had a hospital thing on Fri and now know what they are going to do to me, it is not good :v:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Whenever the citizens post about Derek, I mentally add "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, " in front of it. Makes it a bit more interesting IMO.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Looking forward to Derek running naked through GamesCom screaming "let me loving finiiiissshhhhhhhhh"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Does anyone follow him except goons? I just wonder if there are people out there waiting to see which fascinating piece of Wing Commander history he'll uncover next

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Chalks posted:

Looking forward to Derek running naked through GamesCom screaming "let me loving finiiiissshhhhhhhhh"

"I've taken down tougher opponents than you, backer scum! Why, you're not even one tenth of a coke machine, this will be a breeze!"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Don't forget Sandi's crack personal security team.

I'm the cameraman.

"Okay, look natural. I said natural... yeesh. Alright, this is hopeless, onetwothree" *click*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm the cameraman.

"Okay, look natural. I said natural... yeesh. Alright, this is hopeless, onetwothree" *click*

what the gently caress I thought that was a cardboard cutout of Sandi hahaha

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Mr.Tophat posted:

what the gently caress I thought that was a cardboard cutout of Sandi hahaha

You are not the only one. :stare:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Foo Diddley posted:

Does anyone follow him except goons? I just wonder if there are people out there waiting to see which fascinating piece of Wing Commander history he'll uncover next

To say how much poo poo he's never seen before he's not much of a fan anyway imo

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

peter gabriel posted:

To say how much poo poo he's never seen before he's not much of a fan anyway imo

Hey good luck with your hospital visit friend

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

peter gabriel posted:

I had a hospital thing on Fri and now know what they are going to do to me, it is not good :v:

Stay safe dancey cat, don't let the siren call of the stimpire turn you toward the dork side

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MilesK posted:

Derek Smart storms the stage, bodyslams Chris Roberts, takes his mic, then starts reciting his July blog verbatim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVeVcVBW_CE&t=1254s

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The hardcore citizens really do run the gambit of strange stuff.

Remember when we found that actual mermaid citizen thing? Like a pasty white bearded dude with a tail in a creek somewhere.

Not a photoshop. Literally made a tail for himself and had someone take photos of him. For the internet. For the public. Completely un-ironic.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Maw posted:

Hey good luck with your hospital visit friend

Thanks
I went on Fri and had an exploratory thing done, stung a bit. Got to look at a cat scan of my head which was weird.
Signed a consent form so they can go at me at some point with scalpels or hammers, was a good day out

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks
I went on Fri and had an exploratory thing done, stung a bit. Got to look at a cat scan of my head which was weird.
Signed a consent form so they can go at me at some point with scalpels or hammers, was a good day out

May your doctors/nurses be skillful and gentle!

Now laugh at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17YMw1mcxo

And know that these dudes are crazy.

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/771413832648499200

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

spacetoaster posted:

Now laugh at this:

Good loving grief

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's Sandi being arrested for her crimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWLVI_mnn2I&t=193s

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"Everyone be cool this is a robbery!"
"Any of you loving commandos refund, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks

Best of luck with the deskeletonization

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks

Good luck, see you in the 'nurse.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just found this gem on humble bundle: Dream Factory. Seems to be about Foundry 42.

Might be a good marketing idea to edit this trailer to be about CIG, just putting that out there.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Clearly goons disguised as Sandi and Erin trying to make them look bad. That cringe activated my fight or flight instinct.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

spacetoaster posted:

Now laugh at this:

Why does the Completionist package in this video show its cost at $18,500 USD?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWLVI_mnn2I&t=193s
This stuff is right before my time so bear with me if I'm re-hashing old FUD.

The messaging is strong here, probably a little smoke an mirrors.

'Watch out for that grenade!' (course we have grenades, so what)
'Aw man I got hit by an EMP, EMP guys! Did I say EMP loud enough Chris?' (heh how do you like our grenades now :smuggo:)
<cut to demo scene where commando shuts off gravity>
<cuts back to the original scene right as debris starts floating, 100% legit, no grav=0 cryengine map switch :trustme:>

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Virtual Captain posted:

That cringe activated my fight or flight instinct.

So did Chris's costume.

Speaking of cringe. Here's the highlights from last years citcon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWt25iHmIY8

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 3, 2017

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

clean your loving room, you loving boot

also you would have been hazed to death looking like that

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 3, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

nawledgelambo posted:

clean your loving room, you loving boot

also you would have been hazed to death looking like that

Yeah! And why is a married guy living in the barracks??

Unless he got put there for abusing his wife. Or he's on a "deployment" to one of those fancy places where you get an actual nice room to stay in.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah! And why is a married guy living in the barracks??

Unless he got put there for abusing his wife. Or he's on a "deployment" to one of those fancy places where you get an actual nice room to stay in.

Or he's an airsofter living with his family but his younger brothers are the ones with the room that has a full-body mirror.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Or he's an airsofter living with his family but his younger brothers are the ones with the room that has a full-body mirror.

Nah, that's a barracks room. I've stayed in a lot of them. I recognize the bed, the freaking door/frame, the stupid floor, and even the stinking paint on the cinder block walls.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, defiantly barracks. Being a crayon muncher I would venture to say put in barracks for dependa abuse. Why that shitbag has his mags backwards though is anyone's guess. That's an extra half second of wrist contorting motion to load.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
poor guys been deployed this whole time. has no idea whats going on with his backer funds

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thronde posted:

Oh yeah, defiantly barracks. Being a crayon muncher I would venture to say put in barracks for dependa abuse. Why that shitbag has his mags backwards though is anyone's guess. That's an extra half second of wrist contorting motion to load.

Perhaps it all started because he gave all their money to CIG?

Croberts destroys another family! :argh:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

That's just a normal, everyday, star citizen!

Also I'm the absolutely terrible trigger discipline of an obvious idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I'm the customer service drone for a multi-million dollar company who uses a loving internet pseudonym when engaging in official correspondence with a paying customer. This company can literally do NOTHING right.

e: All those citizen pictures trigger me with the guns. It's only the last guy who's made any effort to make his gear look even vaguely futuristic. Then again, they're just following Coutts Imperium Games' example.

I don't mind the cosplay. It was people just excited about something, and there's nothing wrong with that. I've dressed up as goths and other characters before for parties, events and Halloween.

The way I see it, this is all squandered opportunity. CIG promised to release a long time ago and I don't care how much John Doe does or doesn't understand game development because he's not a game developer. Thousands took CR at his word and his estimation and bought into it wholesale. CR failed them, and then proceeded to treat people with questions like ship because they had no answers.

I just hope these guys got their money out by now. The dream is probably all they'll ever get, and the foolishness of remembering how much they believed in Chris Roberts.

All these pictures I hope Chris Roberts can see some day, because it's the people who really believed in him the most, and he just took them for their money. Unfortunately I realize CR and the Roberts' in general have no amount of empathy, so he probably won't care at all. But I hope he does.