Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

khwarezm posted:

Reading the comments on channels related to the Green brothers people seem really mad about them and Anita Sarkeesian, what the hell's going on?

You made the mistake of reading youtube comments is what's going on. It's easily remedied, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Dark Souls 2 was fun and infinitely better than 99% of the other Triple-A titles released around it.

it's true, the worst souls game is better than all non-souls games.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I just wish they could make one game where rolling was not broken AF.

https://tenor.com/view/dark-souls-roll-gif-4890688

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

khwarezm posted:

Reading the comments on channels related to the Green brothers people seem really mad about them and Anita Sarkeesian, what the hell's going on?

It turns out that Anita is a bullying harpy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbM69Zz-94U

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Somehow I feel as though Intrinsic Field Marshal won't be giving me the full account of what happened.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

that's not what the video you linked says, dude; the video you linked says pretty much the opposite of that

i noticed i keep having to do this with the videos you link

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 2, 2017

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Carlgon was in the audience at a panel Anita was on at VidCon, a con run by the Greens. Someone else was asking a question and she got annoyed and interrupted them without answering. She then pointed out that Sargon was there and called him a garbage person. He had not said or done anything yet. The Greens were initially concerned by her behaviour, believing she may have violated their policy (several other people, like Ricegum, were kicked out of the con for doing so), and that they would look into it. They later apologised to her, arguing that Sargon had deliberately shown up to intimidate her and she had done nothing wrong.

Apparently she also "snapped" at Boogie at some point. I think Boogie himself said that he wasn't that bothered by what occurred, but others are acting like Boogie is too nice to figure out he been done wrong. Boogie's videos on the topic alone are like 12 minutes long and my eyes were glazing over so I may be wrong on this, I couldn't be bothered to get far enough into any of them to figure out what was actually said.

Weldon Pemberton fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 2, 2017

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Apparently she also "snapped" at Boogie at some point. I think Boogie himself said that he wasn't that bothered by what occurred, but others are acting like Boogie is too nice to figure out he been done wrong. Boogie's videos on the topic alone are like 12 minutes long and my eyes were glazing over so I may be wrong on this, I couldn't be bothered to get far enough into any of them to figure out what was actually said.

the video above your post goes into it in decent detail, at 5:58

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Seems like she was actually very kind to him to the point of doing some impromptu emotional labor when he responded badly to her feedback, feedback that also seemed like an invitation to further discussion.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Carlgon was in the audience at a panel Anita was on at VidCon, a con run by the Greens. Someone else was asking a question and she got annoyed and interrupted them without answering. She then pointed out that Sargon was there and called him a garbage person. He had not said or done anything yet. The Greens were initially concerned by her behaviour, believing she may have violated their policy (several other people, like Ricegum, were kicked out of the con for doing so), and that they would look into it. They later apologised to her, arguing that Sargon had deliberately shown up to intimidate her and she had done nothing wrong.

What was the question she interrupted?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Midig posted:

I just wish they could make one game where rolling was not broken AF.

https://tenor.com/view/dark-souls-roll-gif-4890688

They did. It's called Bloodborne.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

armoured skeptic is that you??

Who What Now posted:

They did. It's called Bloodborne.

word.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

the video above your post goes into it in decent detail, at 5:58

Thank you, I have post Twitter attention deficit disorder. So for anyone even worse than me: she spoke to him in an even tone, saying she strongly disagreed with his comment at the end of the panel but was sorry if he had faced any harassment about it.

business hammocks posted:

What was the question she interrupted?

There is video of at least part of it, but it gets us no closer to an answer. I don't know if the guy said something else before the clip I saw started (or if he is a person she has a history with), but he begins the question "do you really believe" in a confrontational tone, and then she interrupts him and asks to have him thrown out. No idea if there is any context at all, that part did seem pretty lovely of her to me.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Thank you, I have post Twitter attention deficit disorder. So for anyone even worse than me: she spoke to him in an even tone, saying she strongly disagreed with his comment at the end of the panel but was sorry if he had faced any harassment about it.

There is video of at least part of it, but it gets us no closer to an answer. I don't know if the guy said something else before the clip I saw started (or if he is a person she has a history with), but he begins the question "do you really believe" in a confrontational tone, and then she interrupts him and asks to have him thrown out. No idea if there is any context at all, that part did seem pretty lovely of her to me.

Honestly the most humanizing information I've ever received about Anita Sarkeesian is that she walked a strange lump of a man over to a chair and held his hand and talked him through a panic attack when she realized he wasn't able to withstand direct criticism.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Honestly the most humanizing information I've ever received about Anita Sarkeesian is that she walked a strange lump of a man over to a chair and held his hand and talked him through a panic attack when she realized he wasn't able to withstand direct criticism.

This. Also boogie isn't a bad guy, just overly optimistic about people's beliefs/motives and a idiot.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

fyi he was physically and sexually abused growing up and has severe ptsd. Hes not a antisjw youtuber.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ausmund posted:

fyi he was physically and sexually abused growing up and has severe ptsd. Hes not a antisjw youtuber.

I watched his account of their meeting and it seems pretty clear from that video alone that he is burdened with some very real problems. I don't mean to denigrate him.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It's honestly pretty infuriating seeing the anti-sjw types taking advantage of Boogie with all this new info about his situation. All it's gonna take is him breaking ranks with them on something and they'll turn and make his life living hell. :sigh:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

was this intentional?

the h stands for hour

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

SteelMentor posted:

It's honestly pretty infuriating seeing the anti-sjw types taking advantage of Boogie with all this new info about his situation. All it's gonna take is him breaking ranks with them on something and they'll turn and make his life living hell. :sigh:

Yeah if you look at his Reddit or the comment section for his video on how he and Anita talked like civilized adults, it's a lot of "pathetic loser" and "beta cuck" and "don't take that from her!"

Some "fans" they are. They're goddam vultures and this whole incident proves yet again that online gaming culture is a toxic sewer.

I just have to remind myself that, while the thousands of dregs seem like a lot, they really aren't. I mean, sadly, tey are still a threat to individuals and I hate that but I just mean in terms of overall society. These people are worthless and they know they are worthless which is why they congregate on teh Internet and pick easy targets.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

NikkolasKing posted:

I just have to remind myself that, while the thousands of dregs seem like a lot, they really aren't. I mean, sadly, tey are still a threat to individuals and I hate that but I just mean in terms of overall society. These people are worthless and they know they are worthless which is why they congregate on teh Internet and pick easy targets.

This could apply to the SJW faction as well

They seem more upset that Anita bullied Boogie in the first place and want him to stand up for himself and the horrible awareness that if put in Boogie's shoes they would clam the gently caress up or start trying to stammer out a half-hearted apology due to being "beta cucks" who cant talk to a woman while looking them in the eye in the first place. If only Anita could cool her jets and not attack a sacred cow of the internet celeb scene she might of come out of Vidcon with some sympathy but she shot herself in the foot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

This could apply to the SJW faction as well

They seem more upset that Anita bullied Boogie in the first place and want him to stand up for himself and the horrible awareness that if put in Boogie's shoes they would clam the gently caress up or start trying to stammer out a half-hearted apology due to being "beta cucks" who cant talk to a woman while looking them in the eye in the first place. If only Anita could cool her jets and not attack a sacred cow of the internet celeb scene she might of come out of Vidcon with some sympathy but she shot herself in the foot.

Seek help.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

I did and all I got was some lousy anti-depressants

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
gently caress yeah I'm rewatching hbomb's DS2 video for a refresher and it's much worse than I remember. I forgot he took matthewmatosis to task for...using a shield? And expecting the lock-on mechanic to work?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The game really does get better if you don't play super conservatively, and I say that as someone who specs for greatshields, the best thing you can do with a greatshield (only in DS2) is dunk people with the jump attack.

Nothing better than that sweet jump dunk on someone's head.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I mean I agree but basically calling someone who does precious and hint that maybe that's why they don't like the game is silly.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I did and all I got was some lousy anti-depressants

Take them nonstop for several weeks at least.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

blowfish posted:

Take them nonstop for several weeks at least.

*gets migraines*

Thanks

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Deified Data posted:

gently caress yeah I'm rewatching hbomb's DS2 video for a refresher and it's much worse than I remember. I forgot he took matthewmatosis to task for...using a shield? And expecting the lock-on mechanic to work?

Dunking on Matt is the good part of the video

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Those are good criticism though. DS2 strives to break players away from the crutch of the shield. They're still usable but definitely one of the less good options, compared to something like another weapon. And he criticizes matthewmatosis' seeming inability to play without lock-on. If you play with lock-on all the time you're gonna run into issues because some fights are not design for it to be used.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Deified Data posted:

I mean I agree but basically calling someone who does precious and hint that maybe that's why they don't like the game is silly.

Eh the criticism is that the game encourages bad behaviour which is somewhat true, he brings it up in the bloodborne video that he thinks its better because it makes you not rely on the shield.

So I think it's entirely possible that people come to the game, run into the difficulty, and then it pushes them to develop a really conservative way of playing that helps them survive but isn't fun, and they take away that the game's hosed. It's certainly not fun if you feel you have to play that way, but the game has a lot of provision for more fun playstyles, they're just not obvious, and it's easy to get stuck in the obvious but dull one.

E: ^^ and yeah, DS2 is less shieldy than DS1, so it's obviously trying to break you out of that mindset, it just doesn't always achieve it and the punishing stamina cost of shield usage can make it even worse if you still have to rely on them, because you have to play even more conservatively. It's good if it achieves its goal of making you stop using them a lot but if it's the only way you know to play it, it's just gonna make it tedious.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Watching the Demons' Souls video MM did, dude really does seem to lean on the shield and lock on super hard. To the point he seems to take the shield being a joke item in Bloodbourne almost as an insult, he spends at least a few minutes bitching about BB moving away from the more defensive style of Souls with constant references to it.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Deified Data posted:

yeah its easily his worst video

i agree that shields suck tho

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He locks on to the crawling guy in the magus fight and complains how it makes the fight too hard.
The magus fight... Hard

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He locks on to the crawling guy in the magus fight and complains how it makes the fight too hard.
The magus fight... Hard

I mean if that fight doesn't make you break out the halberd and spin2win your heart out I dunno what's wrong with you.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dark souls 2 has the red-iron WINblade which is probably the best weapon in the series

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015

Dongicus posted:

yeah its easily his worst video

Not if the promises of making a video about why SW prequels are great comes true.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Spin to win! 'til you die! 'til the fire fades in your eyes... Spin to win! Take it all! Just keep fighting till you fall... Day by day! Spinning all the way, I'm not giving in... Let another round begin, SPIN TO WIN!

Yeahhhhhh!!! Spiiin!! Yeaaaahhh!! Wiiiiiin!

If you aren't singing that all the time you play DS2 you're playing it wrong.

Also true of dark souls 3 which elevates spinning to win to an artform with the stamina chaining.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Dark souls 3 is beyblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Though unforgivably they made the partizan poo poo, which is infuriating because it has the best special attack and is spin themed.

• Locked thread