Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

your Toad looks sick m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Spent yesterday driving across the state, Switch is cool.

Was also cool to come back to my hotel and just pick up my Switch for more Mario Kart.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What happened to that new thread

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What happened to that new thread

It's out of stock

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Working on it. I got this week off of work. I got a big doc on my Linux mint brand operating system open.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's out of stock

Why is there a white Kirby with cat whiskers wearing a gold hippie medallion

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Master Mode putting a Lynel in the starting area is hilarious. I got a twig to fight it, what are my odds of winning? Lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Bloop posted:

Why is there a white Kirby with cat whiskers wearing a gold hippie medallion

That's what happens when you play it loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArjEUhBgP4

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

InFlames235 posted:

Master Mode putting a Lynel in the starting area is hilarious. I got a twig to fight it, what are my odds of winning? Lol

How many sticks does it take to kill a Lynel? I don't think you can carry enough.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

chaleski posted:

How many sticks does it take to kill a Lynel? I don't think you can carry enough.

You can do it with one. Just keep mounting it. Weapons don't degrade when you're mounted.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKuQx5vZXZM

There's some arrows involved to stun the bastard but it's basically stick-only.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 2, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

chaleski posted:

You should have thought of that before deciding not to buy Link amiibos for free weapons.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Why can't I pick a Kirby character for my Switch icon yet

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Lobster posted:

You can do it with one. Just keep mounting it. Weapons don't degrade when you're mounted.

Now add regeneration to the mix and sticks don't cut it anymore.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Lobster posted:

Wait how do you get the dark link armor set? This game has so many secrets.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Louisgod posted:

Fang and Bone sells it after completing all 4 Divine Beasts.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Louisgod posted:

http://nerdist.com/how-to-unlock-dark-link-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

a.lo posted:

Why can't I pick a Kirby character for my Switch icon yet

Kirby usually shows up at the dying phase of Nintendo console life cycles.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo hundreds of times. Should I buy the full version

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo hundreds of times. Should I buy the full version

Yes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Best Buy is currently selling it and Binding of Isaac for $10 off right now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Louisgod posted:

There's a secret monster vendor that wanders around and trades you monster outfits and dark link outfits in exchange for monster bits

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SeANMcBAY posted:

Best Buy is currently selling it and Binding of Isaac for $10 off right now.

Are they selling a digital code for $19.99 somewhere, because it's already $29.99 on the eShop and a digital version is already more convenient...?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Spacebump posted:

Kirby usually shows up at the dying phase of Nintendo console life cycles.

Kirby is the angel of death, consuming everything he comes in contact with. Truly Nintendo's greatest monster.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are they selling a digital code for $19.99 somewhere, because it's already $29.99 on the eShop and a digital version is already more convenient...?

I don't think so but it does come with the nice keychain if you buy it physically.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

"You don't understand, I'm telling you to stay late."

"You don't understand, I'm already clocked out and on my way out."

"You know, your attitude..."

"If you're gonna fire me, loving fire me." And I handed the phone back to my shocked coworker.

Sounds sort of like how I quit.

I worked at Staples for SIX YEARS. I started from the bottom and ended up with what other places would call a Keyholder position. Basically, a shitload of responsibility for about a quarter of the pay you're worth. By the end of my time there I was an INVENTORY ASSOCIATE. A guy who helps open the store, unpack the truck by myself, sort the truck by myself and handle various inventory related tasks while filling in for a chronically understaffed store because its retail and all retail stores have to bleed you the gently caress dry to make budget so that the upper management can afford get togethers at Las Vegas.

One summer a few years ago, well into the retail apocalypse hours were cut for all full timers as a response to health care regulations and we had a shitload of new people in the store who weren't trained on how to do... well anything. Also, our warehouse was flat out refusing to take our returns because they were full up so our backroom (my work area) and our furniture showroom were packed full of palettes of returns and recalls.

The one guy who knew what he was doing called out and it was up to me, the to make a no win choice. Help the single guy on the floor out actually unpack the truck and show him the ropes a bit so we have actual inventory on our shelves, or ignore that, continue my job and let the inventory numbers get hosed anyway because nothing gets packed out over the weekend because they expect a single, 16 year old to unpack 14 palettes of back to school freight in 5 hours... so I chose to help out.

Monday rolls around and I receive the predictable lecture. I explain my reasoning but naturally; there's no understanding from management here. During this talk he was joined by another manager, a tiny lady with a penchant for working off the clock and blaming everyone else for her mistakes. I had the misfortune of working closely with her most of the time.

After the talk the general manager left, and the tiny lady decided to take me aside for to try and scold me. I don't remember the particulars, but it was something about "I dont know if you care, or if you take pride in doing this, the store is in bad shape and blah blah".At this point, in this empty aisle at 8am I screamed at her, nervously saying that if everything is my fault, I should probably just leave. I then placed my pricing gun and inventory list down in a basket, stormed away from her; haphazardly shook hands with one of the new kids on my way out and told him that "I just quit", and "good luck". I went to the break room to grab my bike when I overheard small lady explaining the situation, naturally embellishing the truth to make her sound like a victim "He screamed at me in front of everyone!".

The general manager, who I was generally cool with asked me as I passed the manager's room into the break room "What happened?". I kept walking, grabbed my bike and made my way out the store saying simply as I passed "I can't" and got the hell out of there.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 3, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
super marios world

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Not really tbh, unless you want to play online a lot and/or really really really want endless Tetris.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

super marios world

Not a good fit for switch

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

HyperPuma posted:

super marios world

It's super mario's world, you just live game in it.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

It is impossible to achieve Tetris zen without endless Tetris.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HyperPuma posted:

super marios world

It's a blasts from the past

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Night Blade posted:

Sounds sort of like how I quit.

I worked at Staples for SIX YEARS. I started from the bottom and ended up with what other places would call a Keyholder position. Basically, a shitload of responsibility for about a quarter of the pay you're worth. By the end of my time there I was an INVENTORY ASSOCIATE. A guy who helps open the store, unpack the truck by myself, sort the truck by myself and handle various inventory related tasks while filling in for a chronically understaffed store because its retail and all retail stores have to bleed you the gently caress dry to make budget so that the upper management can afford get togethers at Las Vegas.

One summer a few years ago, well into the retail apocalypse hours were cut for all full timers as a response to health care regulations and we had a shitload of new people in the store who weren't trained on how to do... well anything. Also, our warehouse was flat out refusing to take our returns because they were full up so our backroom (my work area) and our furniture showroom were packed full of palettes of returns and recalls.

The one guy who knew what he was doing called out and it was up to me, the to make a no win choice. Help the single guy on the floor out actually unpack the truck and show him the ropes a bit so we have actual inventory on our shelves, or ignore that, continue my job and let the inventory numbers get hosed anyway because nothing gets packed out over the weekend because they expect a single, 16 year old to unpack 14 palettes of back to school freight in 5 hours... so I chose to help out.

Monday rolls around and I receive the predictable lecture. I explain my reasoning but naturally; there's no understanding from management here. During this talk he was joined by another manager, a tiny lady with a penchant for working off the clock and blaming everyone else for her mistakes. I had the misfortune of working closely with her most of the time.

After the talk the general manager left, and the tiny lady decided to take me aside for to try and scold me. I don't remember the particulars, but it was something about "I dont know if you care, or if you take pride in doing this, the store is in bad shape and blah blah".At this point, in this empty aisle at 8am I screamed at her, nervously saying that if everything is my fault, I should probably just leave. I then placed my pricing gun and inventory list down in a basket, stormed away from her; haphazardly shook hands with one of the new kids on my way out and told him that "I just quit", and "good luck". I went to the break room to grab my bike when I overheard small lady explaining the situation, naturally embellishing the truth to make her sound like a victim "He screamed at me in front of everyone!".

The general manager, who I was generally cool with asked me as I passed the manager's room into the break room "What happened?". I kept walking, grabbed my bike and made my way out the store saying simply as I passed "I can't" and got the hell out of there.

2 months of job searching later, I worked for Home Depot for about a year, then went onto to work for an international non profit that refurbishes computers and redistributes them to people worldwide. Storming out of that poo poo hole without a plan was the best thing I ever did in my life.

Talking with a reference a few weeks later, I'm told she was transferred out of the store and was blamed by upper management for me quitting, and the sorry state of the store. They even sent some people over to interview the employees.

did you post this in the "why i'll never work retail thread"?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Staples Job Simulator on the Switch would be...uhh...

What's the word I'm thinking of...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

Staples Job Simulator on the Switch would be...uhh...

What's the word I'm thinking of...

Easy

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

incoherent posted:

did you post this in the "why i'll never work retail thread"?

Night Blade posted:

Talking with a reference a few weeks later, I'm told she was transferred out of the store and was blamed by upper management for me quitting, and the sorry state of the store. They even sent some people over to interview the employees.

I think the part where the world falls apart without him and corporate launches a special investigation into how they could have ever let the staples superstar go mean would make this a better fit for the stdh.txt thread.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Blackchamber posted:

I think the part where the world falls apart without him and corporate launches a special investigation into how they could have ever let the staples superstar go mean would make this a better fit for the stdh.txt thread.

thats what i immediately thought but was too much of a coward to post, thank you for being this brave

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Nintendo Switch

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
its pretty good

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So my local library finally got Switch games in! Borrowed Just Dance, Tetris, Lego City, and Bomberman because why not...

So what the hell am I doing wrong in Bomberman? I've played for an hour. My experience is that I am the first one to die as the computer evades all my bombs with exact timing. I then watch all 7 of those fuckers start panicking as the spike stones close in on them after 2 minutes of perfect play. Instead of remaining still, they run back and forth In the two squares they are trapped in and then die prematurely by not just loving staying in place on the closest in block. As good as the computer is at ducking staying alone against me, they sure turn into idiots within the last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Has anyone said like those pitch perfect movies but instead switch perfect??

• Locked thread