Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Elsa posted:

This is a common myth but they're actually low so that the girl can reach the other pedal while sitting on the bike sideways a la sidesaddle.

Do you know that you're retarded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Do you know that you're retarded?

I don't know if Elsa was joking but Victorian ladies really did use to ride their velocipedes sidesaddle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tgu0ytp-OM

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I don't know if Elsa was joking but Victorian ladies really did use to ride their velocipedes sidesaddle.

Radar: "Why do women ride side saddle?"
Colonel Potter: "Would you marry a woman who didn't?"

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
RE: bike gender arguing

the toy is clearly modeled after a folding bicycle, as evidenced by the hinges on the middle lower frame and above the headset. those generally always have low slung bodies like that.

jopos own, though.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It's been a while since I did a bootleg dump, let's do one for old times' sake!

And by that, I mean shamelessly steal some choice bootlegs from this site

And one more, just in case!

But wait! I lied.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I want all of those

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh god, is there video of the Uncanny Embryo

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think I have that Godzilla!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Captain Invictus posted:

oh god, is there video of the Uncanny Embryo

Yes. Yes there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM7TOyqiZ_8

Multiple, in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhh-0rZDB2E

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Does it vibrate? Just curious, no reason in particular.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
It's just a motile poo, big whoop.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

EorayMel posted:

It's been a while since I did a bootleg dump, let's do one for old times' sake!

And by that, I mean shamelessly steal some choice bootlegs from this site

Oh hey I had this guy right here as a kid. I didn't even know what it was supposed to be at the time, I just thought it was a cool fake dinosaur and I loving loved dinosaurs as a kid so it was all good.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Veib posted:

Oh hey I had this guy right here as a kid. I didn't even know what it was supposed to be at the time, I just thought it was a cool fake dinosaur and I loving loved dinosaurs as a kid so it was all good.

I also had one and i just thought it was a badly made godzilla and i loving loved codzilla so i didn't care.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Wait...did all of us have that weird godzilla?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah the classic 1985 Imperial Toys Godzilla. It looked like a lovely knockoff but apparently it was officially licenced from Toho.

Edit: seems like the Imperial Godzilla came out a few years too late for me, when I was a kid I had these Imperial toys:

The generation before me got this way cool Shogun Warriors Godzilla by Mattel which shot its fist off and had red 'flames' on a ribbon you could extend from its mouth.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:03 on Jul 3, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It reminds me of Poodonkis, Strong Mad's stuffed compsognathus.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

It's pretty common to find that imperial mold godzilla in general rubber dinosaur bins wherever actually.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's just a motile poo, big whoop.

It's mothra who I totally would have fight my imperial Godzilla.

:colbert:

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

The generation before me got this way cool Shogun Warriors Godzilla by Mattel which shot its fist off and had red 'flames' on a ribbon you could extend from its mouth.

I had this Godzilla as a child and am here to report it was just as awesome as it looks.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Achernar posted:

I had this Godzilla as a child and am here to report it was just as awesome as it looks.

Seconded. Got even cooler when we discovered the hand could be fired interchangeably with the darts from our dollar-store dart guns.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I got that Godzilla for by birthday when I was a kid. Loved that thing.

I obviously used to have the best fashion sense too.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Worth a fair bit nowdays as well.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Always wanted that Godzilla but never got it.. at least I got the Gaiking that shot his fist and rockets.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I got that Godzilla for by birthday when I was a kid. Loved that thing.

I obviously used to have the best fashion sense too.

I have never seen such an ill-fitting slipover in my life. Is it starched or something? (I'm glad I don't have any pictures of me as a kid in digital form.)

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Shai-Hulud posted:

Wait...did all of us have that weird godzilla?

I had a version.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have never seen such an ill-fitting slipover in my life. Is it starched or something? (I'm glad I don't have any pictures of me as a kid in digital form.)

I'm guessing they were new birthday clothes, fresh from Montgomery Wards.

I've looked into getting that Godzilla to give to my 3yo, but don't really want to blow $600 on a toy that would in really just be for me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I've looked into getting that Godzilla to give to my 3yo, but don't really want to blow $600 on a toy that would in really just be for me.

Why is no-one making godzilla lawn gnomes?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why is no-one making godzilla lawn gnomes?

That's a really goid question.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DicktheCat posted:

That's a really goid question.

And apparently the answer is: someone is making them!

Not very good though.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not very good though.

Yeah but it's supposed to go in the garden, if it was too good you'd never want to put it outside because it'd get ruined by the weather/elements

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I bought the gnomezilla as a gag gift for a friend and it was disappointingly small. It's sightly over a foot tall so the lawn gnomes it was destroying are pretty tiny.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
drat, Sharp Hand Joe got swole.

I too had one of those Godzillas and it was one of my most treasured possessions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought the gnomezilla as a gag gift for a friend and it was disappointingly small. It's sightly over a foot tall so the lawn gnomes it was destroying are pretty tiny.

Tonttus are small though. REALISMS!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not very good though.

I got my mom one for xmas last year! (She loves dumb lawn junk)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I'm guessing they were new birthday clothes, fresh from Montgomery Wards.

Jakks did a large one of the 2014 Godzilla. It's even bigger than the Shogun one, though he doesn't shoot off any appendages.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Choco1980 posted:

I got my mom one for xmas last year! (She loves dumb lawn junk)

I also got my mom one because she has a bunch of lawn gnomes. I told her to make sure the others saw it so they wouldn't step out of line.

My brothers had a Godzilla toy when they were kids thats eyes lit up red and scared them. They couldn't sleep with it in the same room. Is that the same one?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I remember reading a book about building hot rods when I was a kid, that cautioned against cheap knockoff parts with deceptive labelling, like "Food" or "Focomo" or, hilariously, "Frod". Never knew stuff like that actually existed.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I have a manga published by the World Intellectual Property Organization that's about counterfeit goods, and in the climax the hero, a motorbike delivery guy for the brand goods store, saves the love interest, who delivers for the knockoff store, from certain death after she buys *gasp* the knockoff bike brakes. It's a quick read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Phy posted:

I remember reading a book about building hot rods when I was a kid, that cautioned against cheap knockoff parts with deceptive labelling, like "Food" or "Focomo" or, hilariously, "Frod". Never knew stuff like that actually existed.

Reminds me of the labeling you'll find on knockoff video game carts. There's stuff like Nintondo and Nintemdo.