Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
June Q&A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLKqeIokHJs

Something that came up on the forums but might not be in here (haven't watched it yet) is that a lot of the basic passives they put together are getting moved onto "basic" disciplines that can be made with rocks & trees and stuff like basic weapons. The reason for this was that they're a massive boost to skill trees that take you from 0 to mid-grade in a skill for a temporary passive swap. Their idea is that by putting it on a discipline, swapping is harder because effectively you're locking out that slot from expensive disciplines (you COULD swap out disciplines, but doing so destroys the discipline you're removing so you can't put anything nice there if you intend to swap gathering skills around). I think this will also make them more positive on stacking basics with other stuff like leadership bonuses, so gathering basic + leadership bonus will give you 4 pips immediately, and then 5 after a week or two of skill training. The only question is how stepping that back down so you can use "real" major disciplines will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
June LIve Q&A: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153168879

The race/class system is coming together, looks like they're using the discipline tech to handle races, so when you craft a vessel, it comes with an unremovable discipline for the race you crafted, and that discipline provides a single unremovable passive, some stat boosts, and one or more slottable abilities. In the video, they showed off the human discipline card, which has:

- Flat 10 stats (basically no bonuses)
- A fourth passive slot
- A 9th tray slot
- A passive that gives some meager damage reduction
- A slottable dodge roll
- A slottable spend more resources/deal more damage buff ability

EDIT: https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousSassyOstrichDogFace

Wood elf gets
- Only 5 str and con
- 25 dex
- Passive is out of combat speed boost
- Druid teleport
- Ability that gives stealth while standing still

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 20, 2017

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Is this game getting any better, or still bad?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

2DCAT posted:

Yes.

EDIT: To be totally clear, post-disciplines, the balance is more hosed than it's ever been, but the performance has been steadily improving including the reintroduction of mobs this past week that seems to have gone OK (they apparently have a dedicated engineer on making mobs not poo poo now) and they are moving gradually to the Campaign World test that will hopefully reintroduce risk to play. The design team is mostly concentrating on class/race but the engineers are doing some cool CW prep stuff, including, it sounds like, introduction of scouting as a role this week or next.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 20, 2017

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

2DCAT posted:

Hard to say

I've got crows colored glasses

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'll believe it when I see it. Still doing way better than Star Citizen.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
My favorite crowfall balance thing is how they designed the ranger is a high-damage low mobility ranged class that can slow-swap to a high-mobility medium-damage melee class when you close with them.... but now they've given the wood elf race a ton of mobility options & massive dexterity, completely nullifying that decision. I suspect that crowfall is gonna have off the wall stupid shadowbane balance forever, but it might be fun anyway.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

...I suspect that crowfall is gonna have off the wall stupid shadowbane balance forever, but it might be fun anyway.

That was always part of the fun with SB, though.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

still a ways off to tell but there aren't any egregious warning signs at the moment

besides the bilking for EK and closing the forums a while ago of course

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Lastgirl posted:

besides the bilking for EK and closing the forums a while ago of course

What's the bilking for EK in reference to? Are they not implementing EKs now?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

What's the bilking for EK in reference to? Are they not implementing EKs now?

They are generously allowing players to assist the game's development by pledging wads of cash to get rinkydink houses and statues for like, hundreds of dollars

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
shieeet thousands even

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

shieeet thousands even

Hundreds per payment if you do the jandy instalment plan

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Oh okay, well that's just like the regular dumb poo poo that crowdfunding games are doing these days. I don't really have a problem with that, but I guess I can see why some folks might. Thanks!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I think its hilarious but its just good to know that ya theres a lot of moving parts behind the scene that is generally :raise:-worthy at, with healthy skepticism

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

The statues aren't even cool

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can you get a dong statue?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

I think its hilarious but its just good to know that ya theres a lot of moving parts behind the scene that is generally :raise:-worthy at, with healthy skepticism

Specially since EKs seem to be the huge weak point in their design so far.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

malhavok posted:

Specially since EKs seem to be the huge weak point in their design so far.

yeah i'm really not quite sure what the point of the EK will be... is it just going to be a giant barbie doll house instance?

is there any actual advantage of having a giant gently caress you castle over a small house...

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Blackdog420 posted:

yeah i'm really not quite sure what the point of the EK will be... is it just going to be a giant barbie doll house instance?

is there any actual advantage of having a giant gently caress you castle over a small house...

Better and more NPC thralls and craft stations apparently but probably mostly Barbie Dream House

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It's the true endgame of any right and proper mmo, after all.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Capntastic posted:

Better and more NPC thralls and craft stations apparently but probably mostly Barbie Dream House

Right, cept you might not even be able to take gear into some campaigns. It's at best glorified housing that's detached of the pvp worlds.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Since when has Barbie Dress Up housing not been motivation enough for people to obsess over it in MMOs?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The problem (not really a problem) is that they're not doing the Shroud of the Avatar thing of spending 60% of their development time on purchaseable cosmetics, so idk if it'll work out. But I guess they can always do this crazy thing where they make a game first and add the cash grab later.

In other news:

MOTHERFUCKERS IT IS HAPPENING
https://crowfall.com/en/news/first-campaign-ready-set-crow/

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Everyone knows the first campaign is the only one that matters. Do we have enough people in to make a guild or something?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Guilds aren't in yet and the campaign's only going to last the weekend and there will be no benefit to victory whatsoever. It's still just a test. Hop onto the discord, tho, let's do some stuff this weekend.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

They crow up so fast...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Capntastic posted:

They crow up so fast...

Come clean, how long have you been waiting to use that?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Come clean, how long have you been waiting to use that?

I'd tell you but then I'd have to murder you

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Guys when this game comes out. We'll need to stick together like VEL-CROW.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Turd Herder posted:

Guys when this game comes out. We'll need to stick together like VEL-CROW.

Why because goon drama will craw us apart?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Better hope this game doesn't turn into a giant pile of CAW-CAW

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Doggir posted:

Why because goon drama will craw us apart?

We should all RP an in game bar.... We can call it the CrowBar.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
This is absolutely disgusting and I refuse to participate in the crawcklepot of degeneracy.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

30.5 Days posted:

The problem (not really a problem) is that they're not doing the Shroud of the Avatar thing of spending 60% of their development time on purchaseable cosmetics, so idk if it'll work out. But I guess they can always do this crazy thing where they make a game first and add the cash grab later.

In other news:

MOTHERFUCKERS IT IS HAPPENING
https://crowfall.com/en/news/first-campaign-ready-set-crow/
Good to see they're not falling into the cash shop pitfall and are working on core game concepts and mechanics.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Lemon King posted:

Good to see they're not falling into the cash shop pitfall and are working on core game concepts and mechanics.

Anything major pay to play Barbie dreeamhouse should at least be isolated to the EK

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Lemon King posted:

This, unironically, as well.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Seems kind of uncertain if CW goes live tomorrow- they still haven't published an article about the siege mechanics and they've published 3 articles this week. It's pretty unlikely they'll have a patch tomorrow if the article doesn't go up.

Here's what they published today: https://crowfall.com/en/news/skill-training-mechanics-and-you/

With the CW patch a minor improvement to the passive skill gain system is coming, with each skill having 5 fat points instead of 100 skinny ones, linear skill gain times (currently points take exponentially longer as you complete the skill), the ability to move on to dependent skills after 3 or 4 points are completed, better messaging for Any Prereq vs. All Prereq requirements, and the beginning of the VIP/non-VIP divide for skill queueing (non-VIP has to manually train each point when the previous is complete).

The trees are getting rebuilt & possibly wiped some time after CW launches.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I checked my account and I should have access to the Beta 2 testing pool which currently has access but I have never received an email saying Yo you are in come download. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Possibly! Sometimes stuff is broken. See if you can log in & get the game from https://crowfall.com/client/ - if you can't, you'll need to send mail to support to get your account activated