Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
That's... that's an actual Ridley Scott quote

quote:

Oh, it was always my thesis theory. It was one or two people who were relevant were... I can't remember if Hampton agreed with me or not. But I remember someone had said, “Well, isn't it corny?” I said, “Listen, I'll be the best f#@king judge of that. I'm the director, okay?” So, and that, you learn -- you know, by then I'm 44, so I'm no f#@king chicken. I'm a very experienced director from commercials and The Duellists and Alien. So, I'm able to, you know, answer that with confidence at the time, and say, “You know, back off, it's what it's gonna be.” Harrison, he was never -- I don't remember, actually. I think Harrison was going, “Uh, I don't know about that.” I said, “But you have to be, because Gaff, who leaves a trail of origami everywhere, will leave you a little piece of origami at the end of the movie to say, ‘I've been here, I left her alive, and I can't resist letting you know what's in your most private thoughts when you get drunk is a f#@king unicorn!’” Right? So, I love Beavis and Butthead, so what should follow that is “Duh.” So now it will be revealed [in the sequel], one way or the other.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06...e-of-the-series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It might be my drinking tonight but I didn't follow one word of that.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Chapo go on Best of the Worst

They only have films there. You can't put a podcast on a wheel.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
I love it when people call Ridley Scott's revisionism the horseshit that it is. loving dullard rear end nerds wanna see twists everywhere.

Edit: That sweet Rich laugh.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 3, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can't argue with THE VISION.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Okay, knowing now how stupid Blade Runner's most recent version is, I'm tempted to rewatch it if i can track down a different cut. The Perfect Cut was indeed bad, and I'm a little relieved to hear that most people had seen other copies previously.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
When your movie has half a dozen cuts released, you might be working with a lovely movie. I liked the novel, but the movie(s) are just kinda meh to me. But it's nice to know Ridley Scott is apparently an insane man with too many ideas and ~visions~

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love Jay's weird knowledge of forgotten lovely horror movies. I want Jay to do a video of his top ten movie child murders

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snatcher is better at being Blade Runner than Blade Runner.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Rocky reviews:

Rocky - A classic and a best picture winner. Solid film. Definitely watch it.

TAXI DRIVER!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Blade Runner gave the world Shadowrun so I will forever respect it. Well, respect the set designers anyway!

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

mng posted:

When your movie has half a dozen cuts released, you might be working with a lovely movie. I liked the novel, but the movie(s) are just kinda meh to me. But it's nice to know Ridley Scott is apparently an insane man with too many ideas and ~visions~

I like how the Mercer subplot isnt addressed at all

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Jack wants a series called "Hi-Jacked" where he takes over the studio and reviews a movie. I hope they film and release him asking Mike and Jay and them turning him down.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah all the crowd here is CGI. It was super obvious to me in the cinema. I like the idea but the background really took me out of it.

Oh, hmmmm, I never noticed, but I can understand why they did it. It really is all one take, so a real audience introduces the possibility that you get a perfect take except for an extra fucks it up.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Snatcher is better at being Blade Runner than Blade Runner.

You mean Impostor :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that Ridley Scott quote. The sequel is going to be a trainwreck.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks the "Deckard is a Replicant" is retarded, but then I like the theatrical cut cheesy voice overs ( it's the version I owned on VHS for years ) so my opinion is probably null and void.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The 3hr Blade Runner documentary that comes with the bluray is better than the movie.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ZombyDog posted:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks the "Deckard is a Replicant" is retarded, but then I like the theatrical cut cheesy voice overs ( it's the version I owned on VHS for years ) so my opinion is probably null and void.

I think it's stupid also.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Has no one really attempted to release a straight theatrical release with no voice overs?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

"Is he?" Who cares?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I burst out laughing over "Part time!" dubbed into the voiceover

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I've only seen the final cut and for years I thought, if anything, the unicorn was ambiguous and just there to make Deckerd question his own identity. adds a nice layer of, well wouldn't everyone start questioning their memories? but I couldn't make it fit in with the rest of the movie.

I did not realize Ridley Scott is a crazy old man and used footage from loving Legend against everyone's will. holy poo poo :stare:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

priznat posted:

I burst out laughing over "Part time!" dubbed into the voiceover

jay's editing on point in this one.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Who ever did the "My name is Pistacio Disguisy" line has a solid Harrison Ford impression.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I notice josh was yapping from offscreen about doing a re:view on house IV and being a complete loving tool like usual

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Laughter makes you... Rich.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I thought the unicorn-footage-from-Legend rumor was bullshit.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Rambo 5 was rumored to have him go up against ISIS. I still want it to happen just because Rambo 4 was ultra violent and rad as gently caress.

I always bring up old 90s-era movie scoop sites and there were a few different ones. Rambo 4 apparently went through some rumors that I'm not sure how valid any were:
https://web.archive.org/web/20030207142139/http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/rambo4.html

There was another story I mentioned that I saw years ago that was supposed to be Rambo had become a Peace Activist-type character whose adopted son ended up teaming with terrorists to take the UN hostage.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Is Beavis and Butthead any good?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Is Beavis and Butthead any good?

Yeah it's good.

Blade runner isn't. Though the set design, special effects and ideas are, but the movie is so painful to watch uhhhgggg

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
nvm

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I never had a zima and always imagine it to taste like an alcoholic version of crystal pepsi.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I never had a zima and always imagine it to taste like an alcoholic version of crystal pepsi.

Ever had a Schmirnoff Ice? It tastes like that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Y'all reminded me I've never seen Rocky 3, so I'm watching it now and holy poo poo Rocky is wrestling Hulk Hogan and Paulie just hit him with a chair. I think this one doesn't get enough credit for being insane because Rocky 4 is utter madness.

Edit: They didn't take Mickey to the hospital??? He had a heart attack before the fight and he's still there after the fight and the doctor's like "Boy Rocky, we gotta get this guy to the hospital asap."

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 3, 2017

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Blade Runner is the most forgettable film I have ever seen, I've watched it at least 4 times and other than the tears in the rain monologue I can't remember a single scene.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Koburn posted:

Blade Runner is the most forgettable film I have ever seen, I've watched it at least 4 times and other than the tears in the rain monologue I can't remember a single scene.

VISTAS

PILED HIGH

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

KakerMix posted:

VISTAS

PILED HIGH

Everything about Bladerunner is amazing except for the dialogue and the acting, the two things usually most important connecting people to a film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Rich's laugh during the quote made it for me

• Locked thread