Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man who gave Cole Aldrich $7M
https://twitter.com/aaronbruski/status/881654946252193792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Waiters seems like he would be a good fit on Lakers but I wouldn't wanna sign him long-term.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Tom Thibodeau did

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
69 unread posts

Nice

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

verbal enema posted:

69 unread posts

Nice

Not any more!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Thibs is pretty mixed on this GM thing.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/BBNation15/status/881534945310760961

John is worth it

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
The Lakers are after Dion Waiters and Rajon Rondo? Well, guess it's time to focus on the Dodgers

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cole for bis contract was fine for a back up defensive big. He's kinda not needed now that dieng is moving to the bench.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He's baaaaack

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/881697281988329472

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Reports are that Portland offered the 15, 20 and 26th picks plus any player not named Lillard, Nurkic or McCollum in exchange for Paul George. That seems better than OKC's offer, but I'm guessing Pritchard didn't want to deal with the team that fired him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Reports are that Portland offered the 15, 20 and 26th picks plus any player not named Lillard, Nurkic or McCollum in exchange for Paul George. That seems better than OKC's offer, but I'm guessing Pritchard didn't want to deal with the team that fired him.

Do they have any Indiana born or college alum players

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881699715171201025

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

nachos posted:

Wait when did I miss Otto Porter becoming good

uh basically while Shaq was making fun of him every week for a single silly defensive lapse he started being good at Everything. Need someone to guard 1-4? Need some shooting? Need someone to finish around the rim? Need somebody to carry your car? Call the Auto Porter and open your wallet

leftist heap posted:

Underarmour sucks and nothing was ever going to make the Steph Curry brand valuable. Jump shooters can't move shoes, everyone knows that.

well not releasing the worst shoe of all time, a shoe so dumb and ugly it shamed the Greatest Regular Season Team Of All Time blew an 3-1 lead in the finals, lead by the first ever unanimous MVP who was wearing said Bad Shoe, might have helped some.

Aldrich the Devourer is a high-level rim protector/hockey enforcer/thug goon. He's not a bad big to have coming off the bench.

Lockback posted:

The total amount that goes to players is always 50%of the total basketball related income, regardless of how much is spent on contracts. There is an escrow system in place to guarantee this. If every team spent the maximum or the minimum the players as a whole would get the same amount.

The tax only pushes money from teams over the tax and gives it to teams under the cap. It's a complex and uneven form of revenue sharing, but it doesn't change what labor gets paid.

Although naturally the owners do have a bunch of sneaky ways of hiding a few million here and there.

"Basketball Related Income" is kinda broad yet murky and requires at least 10 pages in the CBA defining what it is.

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 3, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like McLemore in Memphis, i feel that he could benefit from the culture and he gives them a good shooter as Grit and Grind continues to evolve

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Oh my god why hasn't Pritchard fallen on top of that?!?!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man I really hope Shumpert gets to stay

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

verbal enema posted:

Man I really hope Shumpert gets to stay

I loved this sequence where LeBron made his normal superhuman pinpoint pass, Deron couldn't finish while directly under the basket so he almost threw it out of bounds, but Shump recovered on the cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2hnpE82VHE
great motion

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This seems like an extremely good signing??? What's happening

I mean I guess I shouldn't be too effusive with my praise for a deep bench guy but still, Holiday is solid. Surprised the Knicks didn't match

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Tae posted:

Do they have any Indiana born or college alum players

We have this Noah Vonleh

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

InnercityGriot posted:

The Lakers are after Dion Waiters and Rajon Rondo? Well, guess it's time to focus on the Dodgers

Magic is in charge of the dodgers too

Go Rams? :suicide:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

xbilkis posted:

This seems like an extremely good signing??? What's happening

I mean I guess I shouldn't be too effusive with my praise for a deep bench guy but still, Holiday is solid. Surprised the Knicks didn't match

He sucks?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

He sucks?

He sucks but at least he tries, one of the top knicks

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
And it'll make him one of the top Bulls!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The Glumslinger posted:

Magic is in charge of the dodgers too

Go Rams? :suicide:

He just one of many owners. I don't think he has a say in anything.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls wings are holiday, a guy who is more or less retired, a guy with prescription shoes, and two knee guys

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Come home Dion.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

lol, ya think?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

He sucks but at least he tries, one of the top knicks

I can't say I share your enthusiasm for all porter, I think that 4%2p and 7%3p jump is a fluke and I think we watched different dudes on defense, he's...fine. Mostly adequate

I hope all these Pacers trade rumors are true and Pritchard passed up not one or two but like a half dozen better deals because he has a weird grudge list

Celtics: dickhead
Blazers: fired me
Rockets: city has unpleasant weather
Lakers: possible gay???
Cleveland: once had a bad taco there

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 3, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big time lol at the Eastern Conference

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/881708946842689537

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Great fit but sadly Millsap is not competing for a ring until he goes chasin'. Awesome frontcourt though, will be super fun to watch

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

:eyepop:

The Sixers really could make the playoffs if Fultz isn't godawful.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ah yes every star go west that seems smart

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

$30 million a year for Millsap? Wow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine having such a lovely team that rondo, who came to the bulls so toxic that he was transported between NBA cities like Lenin on a sealed train in order to sow dissent amongst your enemies, comes out with his reputation improved

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jokic/Millsap is going to be one of the best frontcourt pairings next year, gotta hope Jamal Murray takes another leap forward

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

EvanTH posted:

I loved this sequence where LeBron made his normal superhuman pinpoint pass, Deron couldn't finish while directly under the basket so he almost threw it out of bounds, but Shump recovered on the cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2hnpE82VHE
great motion

:unsmith:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

two of the lovely, tanking eastern teams are going to accidentally make the playoffs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 76ers will make the playoffs by virtue of not being the Pistons

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If Gordon Hayward goes to Boston or Miami, he'd be the sixth-best Eastern Conference player by All-NBA vote totals. He'd be the 16th best Western Conference player. He wouldn't even make the All-Western Conference third team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Carlosologist posted:

Jokic/Millsap is going to be one of the best frontcourt pairings next year, gotta hope Jamal Murray takes another leap forward

Yeah Millsap is a really great fit in that team.

• Locked thread