Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I ended up buying Puyo Puyo Tetris. I am doing the story mode and actually have to play Puyo Puyo (I only played Tetris with the demo). I watched the tutorial videos for Puyo Puyo and logically understand what I should do to get chains but it is difficult to wrap my head around it in the heat of the moment. Like, years of playing Tetris means it takes microseconds for me to sense where to slot a piece, and I know what a good board that I have under control feels like, and I can look at the next pieces list and actually plan stuff out. But with Puyo Puyo it's like reading a foreign language. I panic easily and garbage puyos feel so much more damaging than garbage lines. It's like culture shock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

So my local library finally got Switch games in! Borrowed Just Dance, Tetris, Lego City, and Bomberman because why not...

So what the hell am I doing wrong in Bomberman? I've played for an hour. My experience is that I am the first one to die as the computer evades all my bombs with exact timing. I then watch all 7 of those fuckers start panicking as the spike stones close in on them after 2 minutes of perfect play. Instead of remaining still, they run back and forth In the two squares they are trapped in and then die prematurely by not just loving staying in place on the closest in block. As good as the computer is at ducking staying alone against me, they sure turn into idiots within the last minute.

What you're doing wrong is playing Bomberman against the computer. Play it multiplayer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Has Switch got any games since MK8DX? Wanna blow the dust off this beast soon.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gonner is a game that recently released and its good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah it got shaq fu 2

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
it also has arms, a controversial but good title

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

My man have you heard of Cave Story???

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I ended up buying Puyo Puyo Tetris. I am doing the story mode and actually have to play Puyo Puyo (I only played Tetris with the demo). I watched the tutorial videos for Puyo Puyo and logically understand what I should do to get chains but it is difficult to wrap my head around it in the heat of the moment. Like, years of playing Tetris means it takes microseconds for me to sense where to slot a piece, and I know what a good board that I have under control feels like, and I can look at the next pieces list and actually plan stuff out. But with Puyo Puyo it's like reading a foreign language. I panic easily and garbage puyos feel so much more damaging than garbage lines. It's like culture shock

Especially since western players have gotten like one Puyo game before (not even under the Puyo name) while the Japanese have had decades to have their muscles surgically replaced with puyos.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Undertale was confirmed!Q!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ostentatious posted:

Undertale was confirmed!Q!

Where?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It hasn't been confirmed for the Switch.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, confirmed for being poo poo

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

I think the part where the world falls apart without him and corporate launches a special investigation into how they could have ever let the staples superstar go mean would make this a better fit for the stdh.txt thread.

Fair. i didn't have to throw that last part in. Also I was probably bad at my job anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's PS4/Vita only and I assume Sony had some hand in that because Toby Fox can't actually program

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

I assume Sony had some hand in that because Toby Fox can't actually program

I don't think that's the case precisely because it's on the Vita.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah, confirmed for being poo poo

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ARMS

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Splatoon 2 comes out in a little over 2 weeks as well.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Takoluka posted:

I don't think that's the case precisely because it's on the Vita.

oh gently caress yeah

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

no

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No, and they took some back

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Bloop posted:

No, and they took some back

Perfect, Nintendo. Perfect.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
switch has negative games now.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Arms is legit good

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
People don't like Arms? :psyduck:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

It really needs a demo in the store. Global tests were ok for stability, but there are going to be people wanting to try it first.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is why I didn't end up picking up Puyo Puyo Tetris even though I love Tetris :ohdear:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

orphean posted:

I know. They're bad people.:D

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

This is why I didn't end up picking up Puyo Puyo Tetris even though I love Tetris :ohdear:

:same:

I just play Tetris vs Tetris in the demo. Tetris vs Puyo is way easy and Puyo vs Tetris seems impossible. Kinda wish there was just a virtual console Tetris-rear end Tetris, but PPT is great as a free demo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NofrikinfuN posted:

:same:

I just play Tetris vs Tetris in the demo. Tetris vs Puyo is way easy and Puyo vs Tetris seems impossible. Kinda wish there was just a virtual console Tetris-rear end Tetris, but PPT is great as a free demo.

Even better we should just port N64 The New Tetris to Switch Virtual Console.

Because that's the best loving Tetris there ever was and for some stupid reason they won't implement Square Tetris rules in modern Tetris games. gently caress, Square Tetris is easily 10x more fun than standard Tetris.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mister Facetious posted:

buy Link amiibos for free weapons.
:thunk:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

orphean posted:

Probably Snezzers

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Coming back into the thread to remind people ARMS is actually, in fact, good.

Also Mighty Gunvolt Burst is a really cool little game, too. Has anyone talked about it?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Is Gonner any good?

Also

incoherent posted:

It really needs a demo in the store. Global tests were ok for stability, but there are going to be people wanting to try it first.

:agreed:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Mace Bacon posted:

Coming back into the thread to remind people ARMS is actually, in fact, good.

Also Mighty Gunvolt Burst is a really cool little game, too. Has anyone talked about it?

I'm put so much time into ARMS it's so good. The Mario Kart team did a terrific job. I really hope Splatoon 2 doesn't cannibalize ARMS' online community.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:haw:

"Uh, uh... it's amortized over the life of Nintendo's use of them in games (yeah, that's the ticket). It practically pays for itself!" :v:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

JackDarko posted:

I'm put so much time into ARMS it's so good. The Mario Kart team did a terrific job. I really hope Splatoon 2 doesn't cannibalize ARMS' online community.

I wonder if Nintendo is gonna coordinate the updates between Splatoon 2 and Arms. Like one week we get a new Arm's character then two weeks later we get a new Splatoon 2 map then two weeks after that another new Arm's character, so on and so forth.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Is Gonner any good?

Also

:agreed:

It's pretty solid for $10, but you might not get a whole lot out of it after beating it once, unless you're particularly into score attacking games. If you are, it has a daily challenge and (coming soon) online leaderboards. The core gameplay is really fun.

Alternatively, it's currently on sale for $2.99 on Steam.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mister Facetious posted:

:haw:

"Uh, uh... it's amortized over the life of Nintendo's use of them in games (yeah, that's the ticket). It practically pays for itself!" :v:

Mark my words: the end game will be "virtual amiibos" that work like paid-for dlc but for multiple games. It's a win-win. People don't get more plastic crap in their home, Nintendo doesn't have to manufacture more plastic crap and even if the virtual amiibos are sold for less than the physical ones, Nintendo gets profit margins++++. No more shelf-warming amiibos and no more supply issues. Also no more piracy.

Just pure pay-to-win goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheany posted:

Mark my words: the end game will be "virtual amiibos" that work like paid-for dlc but for multiple games. It's a win-win. People don't get more plastic crap in their home, Nintendo doesn't have to manufacture more plastic crap and even if the virtual amiibos are sold for less than the physical ones, Nintendo gets profit margins++++. No more shelf-warming amiibos and no more supply issues. Also no more piracy.

Just pure pay-to-win goodness.

Nobody on earth has ever bought an Amiibo for in-game content

• Locked thread