Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oxxidation posted:

gently caress off, MIGF.

Wildly different writing style, much lower productive input.

Unless MIGF went off the deep end between Trump and the impending Chicagopocalypse, which is a theory I'd find plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

Oh well - If our countries laws are going to be decided only by the supreme court then we we're going to get hosed

Snipped the rest cause gently caress.

Now look here you. No one has been a bigger doomsayers than me apart from loving covok, but how many times does it need said?

Yes. We are hosed. Yes. The enlightenment has ended. Yes. We have nothing to look forward to but a few generations of anti intellectualism and the literal Christian taliban. Yes, there is nothing that can be done about any of these things.

But do you loving give up about it? Hell no. You fight in whatever little way you can, you canvas and vote a protest and poo poo post on some dead gay forum. Rage against the dying of the light or whatever. When your grandchildren ask you how the world got so hosed, tell them you did your best. That's all we can do, and god drat it it's worth it.

And also presidential tweets are funny. What's the point of thousands dying if you can't laugh at the dimwits who make it happen.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Wildly different writing style, much lower productive input.

Unless MIGF went off the deep end between Trump and the impending Chicagopocalypse, which is a theory I'd find plausible.

So it's migf then.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

axeil posted:

I've told her to leak everything. She could bring the company down, or at least horribly mar their image with the poo poo she has but she (rightly) doesn't want to be sued into oblivion.

Just don't get caught.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Avalanche posted:

This is an official statement from the President of the United States of America

A conglomeration of followers and bots larger than the Cleveland city limits saw that post and clicked ❤️

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

EwokEntourage posted:

Gorsuch was a clerk for Kennedy and They probably agree on the vast majority of issues

5d chess: Trump appointed someone Kennedy respects so he'll feel confident retiring knowing that he'll probably be replaced by a standard evil conservative judge.

Then Trump nominates a sovereign citizen.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ague Proof posted:

5d chess: Trump appointed someone Kennedy respects so he'll feel confident retiring knowing that he'll probably be replaced by a standard evil conservative judge.

Then Trump nominates a sovereign citizen.

In a 4-4-*!1!* decision...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tayter Swift posted:

A conglomeration of followers and bots larger than the Cleveland city limits saw that post and clicked ❤️

I'd have thought about it if I still bothered with my anonymous Twitter. :v:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Paradoxish posted:

Losing Kennedy and having him replaced by someone closer to Gorsuch or Thomas is worth being nervous about. That basically guarantees that if Ginsberg retires or dies the court is going to be overwhelmingly conservative.
...until some coalition that is nothing like the Democratic party in its current form seizes control of the government, expands the court, and maybe impeaches a Justice or two.

This idea that the Supreme Court will be conservative for a generation no matter what is entirely an illusion, and I'm convinced its one that benefits the Democrats at least as much as the GOP, and is definitely perpetuated by both. It's horseshit - don't believe it and don't lower your expectations because of it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Now look here you. No one has been a bigger doomsayers than me apart from loving covok, but how many times does it need said?

Yes. We are hosed. Yes. The enlightenment has ended. Yes. We have nothing to look forward to but a few generations of anti intellectualism and the literal Christian taliban. Yes, there is nothing that can be done about any of these things.

But do you loving give up about it? Hell no. You fight in whatever little way you can, you canvas and vote a protest and poo poo post on some dead gay forum. Rage against the dying of the light or whatever. When your grandchildren ask you how the world got so hosed, tell them you did your best. That's all we can do, and god drat it it's worth it.

And also presidential tweets are funny. What's the point of thousands dying if you can't laugh at the dimwits who make it happen.

Germany had actual literal Hitler and it only took like 20-50 years to recover

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

If it makes you doom and gloomies feel better the Earths gearing up to retake the planet anyway.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

If it makes you doom and gloomies feel better the Earths gearing up to retake the planet anyway.

That makes me feel the opposite of better!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Maybe you should step away from the world at large for a while.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mustached Demon posted:

I've actually come to take comfort within the last year in the knowledge that effective human extinction through either nuclear holocaust or climate change is almost certainly inevitable.

The only thing that gives me pause is the worrying possibility some of us might actually escape into space before that happens.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I've actually come to take comfort within the last year in the knowledge that effective human extinction through either nuclear holocaust or climate change is almost certainly inevitable.

The only thing that gives me pause is the worrying possibility some of us might actually escape into space before that happens.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is good advice.

Also, it's true, the Enlightenment is dead look forward to a new Dark Ages, losers.

But there's no sense in getting worked up.

Razputeen
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

there's much less hope of humans surviving in space than on earth

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Y'all are also doomsaying in a thread where everyone who can slams the D onto every ballot they can.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
There's no Canada to move to in space, you're trapped with the crazies.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

TildeATH posted:

This is good advice.

Also, it's true, the Enlightenment is dead look forward to a new Dark Ages, losers.

But there's no sense in getting worked up.

BardoTheConsumer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Y'all are also doomsaying in a thread where everyone who can slams the D onto every ballot they can.

I don't want to watch people doing that at my polling place. Maybe that's the real reason for the booths? Is that how we vote now?

Dogwood Fleet fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 3, 2017

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I don't want to watch people doing that at my polling place. Maybe that's the real reason for the booths? Is that how we vote now?

The 'R' stands for 'rectum'. :eng101:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
When the other party on the ballot literally wants to kill you there's not much choice other than slamming straight D.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Shukaro posted:

When the other party on the ballot literally wants to kill you there's not much choice other than slamming straight D.

Some people are going to go L no matter what.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

loving hell.

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/881553652116328448

I seriously need to tune out for a while, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

loving hell.

I seriously need to tune out for a while, but I'm not really sure how to do that.
Read a book. Exercise. Play an instrument if you know. Unplug yourself for a while. It does a body good.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

loving hell.

It's pretty nice outside man.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Why would you unplug now? Things get more interesting every day.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It's the 4th of July. Take what little shred of patriotism you have left, get day drunk, grill some poo poo, and watch fireworks.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

loving hell.

This isn't even the first time Trump has retweeted white supremacists.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have a big garden, go to the gym, read books, play games, hike, walk my dog, go to shows, cook elaborate meals.

It just takes 5 minutes to know how lovely the day's been.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

Why would you unplug now? Things get more interesting every day.
Because following this clown car of an administration gets tiresome? Gotta learn to just... shut down this whole poo poo-sandwich for a while.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wark Say posted:

Because following this clown car of an administration gets tiresome? Gotta learn to just... shut down this whole poo poo-sandwich for a while.

And then some rear end in a top hat at work or family member suddenly bursts in and reminds you of how terrible everything is anyway.

When everyone won't shut up about it, it becomes kind of inescapable, short of becoming a hermit.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Wark Say posted:

To each his own I guess. I personally look forward to every day even more now. Seeing what kinds of stupid, horrible poo poo will happen next is pretty exciting. Watching the optimists cling on to hope is icing on the cake.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Sinistral posted:

This isn't even the first time Trump has retweeted white supremacists.

What about @POTUS?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Someday sooner than I'd like, it's likely at least one of my parents will need medicaid if they end up needing nursing home care.

Thing are as bad as the doomsayers think. People will die if the Republicans are sucessful in healthcare. Hell some posters in this thread might. Tariffs might cause a depression. Things could get really loving bad. Climate is so depressing I won't even read the thread about it.

But the end of the world isn't. There are things to take heart in. But they do not lessen or mitigate how bad things go. But it isn't the correct response to dwell and stew and wallow drepressedly. We should be motivated to action. gently caress me I'm staring at the prospect having decided to volenteer with the dems for 2018. I've attempted to convince those close to me to do the same.

Keep loving moving. Our fascists have played thier hand and outed themselves (and they are fantastically stupid.) If hope is absent one must be it. If nothing matters, then one must choose what matters and live it. Emotions and thoughts are infectious. Be and say what you think the world needs and gently caress caring what others think about that. That's how to respond to this situation not sad sacking.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

Watching the optimists cling on to hope is icing on the cake.

Yeah man, thirst for liberal tears, a real good and good thing to post about.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

It's the 4th of July. Take what little shred of patriotism you have left, get day drunk, grill some poo poo, and watch fireworks.

Your calendar is set wrong.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BrandorKP posted:

Someday sooner than I'd like, it's likely at least one of my parents will need medicaid if they end up needing nursing home care.

Thing are as bad as the doomsayers think. People will die if the Republicans are sucessful in healthcare. Hell some posters in this thread might. Tariffs might cause a depression. Things could get really loving bad. Climate is so depressing I won't even read the thread about it.

But the end of the world isn't. There are things to take heart in. But they do not lessen or mitigate how bad things go. But it isn't the correct response to dwell and stew and wallow drepressedly. We should be motivated to action. gently caress me I'm staring at the prospect having decided to volenteer with the dems for 2018. I've attempted to convince those close to me to do the same.

Keep loving moving. Our fascists have played thier hand and outed themselves (and they are fantastically stupid.) If hope is absent one must be it. If nothing matters, then one must choose what matters and live it. Emotions and thoughts are infectious. Be and say what you think the world needs and gently caress caring what others think about that. That's how to respond to this situation not sad sacking.

This is a good loving post, and said what I was trying to way way better than I could. The sky is actually falling but don't stop trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

To each his own I guess. I personally look forward to every day even more now. Seeing what kinds of stupid, horrible poo poo will happen next is pretty exciting. Watching the optimists cling on to hope is icing on the cake.

It's a shame George Carlin is dead. Could you at least be a funny as he was about it?

• Locked thread