Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah I feel like it would be fairly easy to kill a horse with glitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Reverand maynard posted:

yeah I feel like it would be fairly easy to kill a horse with glitter

It would probably have a heart attack if you just threw the glitter in the air. Or slip on the glitter and break all its legs.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Catberry posted:

How are the HAW weapons on a Phoenix? I know they are easy to smartbomb but do they apply damage well to Cruisers without target painters?

Depending on the cruiser's sig radius, with web + painter and faction ammo, you are applying ~40-60% of your dps which isn't bad.

Edit: This is from a solo perspective. Having alts/friends to add is going to make it easier. Only takes 2 webs and 3 painters total to apply 95%+ dps to a vexor.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 29, 2017

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

FranktheBank posted:

Only takes 2 webs and 3 painters total to apply 95%+ dps to a vexor.

That seems like pretty insane requirements when these are supposed to be anti subcap weapons in their own right.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Catberry posted:

That seems like pretty insane requirements when these are supposed to be anti subcap weapons in their own right.

Torps are poo poo on anything not a bomber.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Catberry posted:

For comparison, with a web and painter, a naglfar with faction ammo deals less than 30% dps if the vexor is closer than 9km. At 12km its 50% dps. The pinnacle is 18km (heated fed web) where the nag is dealing 75% dps.

Adding a 2nd web brings all the numbers up about 20%. And paper, having a vexor sit at 16-18km is great dps. It just falls off HUGE if you lose web.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Catberry posted:

I gently caress horses.

Easy there Mr. Pence.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lucifirius posted:

Torps are poo poo on anything not a bomber.
torps are probably the coolest weapon system in eve. Slow, can't apply for poo poo, but huge damage if they actually connect on the right target. They're loving useless right up until some poor fucker is painted and vindicator webbed and then he gets erased from eve by a phoenix

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

FranktheBank posted:

For comparison, with a web and painter, a naglfar with faction ammo deals less than 30% dps if the vexor is closer than 9km. At 12km its 50% dps. The pinnacle is 18km (heated fed web) where the nag is dealing 75% dps.

Adding a 2nd web brings all the numbers up about 20%. And paper, having a vexor sit at 16-18km is great dps. It just falls off HUGE if you lose web.

What about two HAW Revs dropped 30 km apart firing scorch on the same target?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Reverand maynard posted:

torps are probably the coolest weapon system in eve. Slow, can't apply for poo poo, but huge damage if they actually connect on the right target. They're loving useless right up until some poor fucker is painted and vindicator webbed and then he gets erased from eve by a phoenix

Solution to the 'torp problem' on Phoenixes: give them web strength and web range, in the form of a grappler bonus.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
guristas drone phoenix :getin:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Catberry posted:

What about two HAW Revs dropped 30 km apart firing scorch on the same target?

Assuming they are firing at a Vexor as well. At 30km, no webs will be on it. So we can say they both have a painter. At 30km they are each dealing ~40% dps. If they each have 2 painters (4 total on target) they are dealing ~60% dps.

Most Revs fit 2 TCs w/ tracking script that I see, so with just those, they are dealing less than ~28% dps. But, if the both have 2 TCs and a painter, they are dealing 70% dps.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

FranktheBank posted:

Assuming they are firing at a Vexor as well. At 30km, no webs will be on it. So we can say they both have a painter. At 30km they are each dealing ~40% dps. If they each have 2 painters (4 total on target) they are dealing ~60% dps.

Most Revs fit 2 TCs w/ tracking script that I see, so with just those, they are dealing less than ~28% dps. But, if the both have 2 TCs and a painter, they are dealing 70% dps.

And if the 2 revs are 60 apart they'll alpha the vexor while the Phoenix wishes it had any range at all.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Booley posted:

And if the 2 revs are 60 apart they'll alpha the vexor while the Phoenix wishes it had any range at all.

Unfit vexors sure. 2 revs are gonna alpha for like 8k each at 60km. So i will leave in structure.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

FranktheBank posted:

Unfit vexors sure. 2 revs are gonna alpha for like 8k each at 60km. So i will leave in structure.

With scorch I think it might be higher. Regardless, it's higher than the 0 that a haw phoenix does because ccp can't figure out how to balance missiles.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I'm thinking about what Dreads to focus on. I've been asking around a lot and I think I'll be focusing on the Rev because I want to play with the HAW weapons and I like that the tank is immune to cap warfare.

Also XL Scorch :swoon:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Booley posted:

sup retarded rote kapelle dude

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
Someone take all this isk off my hands and give me btc/eth

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

goodness posted:

Someone take all this isk off my hands and give me btc/eth

contact angelique duchemin ingame

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Ok

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Its easier to sell isk than buttcoins idk why you would want buttcoins

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
drugs

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

has Law and Order done a darknet drugdealers episode yet?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

orange juche posted:

you can buy stuff with buttcoins

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you can buy stuff with buttcoins

All of it drugs, weapons or bulk copies of Atlas shrugged.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Do missile damage application mods get forgotten? I see a lot of making GBS threads on Caldari Supremacy yet every HAW fit for other races uses tracking mods. I've never used a HAW dread at all but I can say that any ship/weapon system that needs a tracking mod gets one and I find a lot of people seem to forget that they exist now for missiles. Phoenix already has a disgusting tank and the alpha DPS is great so are people considering adding a low/mid tracking mod for missiles, then seeing how "lovely" it is?

Also the DPS application no matter what the range is definitely overlooked when you're in an immobile ship. It's real biggest deterrent for use is the distance to target travel time for weapon damage.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Catberry posted:

All of it drugs, weapons or bulk copies of Atlas shrugged.

yeah and for $5 i can gently caress your mom

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah and for $5 i can gently caress your mom

Don't forget the change then.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Catberry posted:

Don't forget the change then.

You mean the second tip?

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
I think the biggest mistake ccp does is to try to fix the game for small groups.

The endgame is and should be to join a big alliance and be a part of the epic battles or stay in high/lowsec.

I was hoping we get it back with the upcoming moonmining

Like the way

First scan down a moon after mining the ore a new moon must be scanned down

Second the new moonmining arry must first build and defend and can than work like ccp planed it.

And last we must work together to mine in a big fleet and defend this big fleet for all the others they found our moonmining​ arry and come to kill the miner and or steal the ore/mine it for selfe.

But I know it will never happend in that way. And maybe you have good points, I don't see atm, why my idea is bad.
:allears:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

source your quotes

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
No soure, its just my wish for the upcoming moonmining. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

The whole moon mining thing is a serious gently caress up. It's an integral part of alliance income. Also, it gets some fights.
I don't understand why they're so steadfast in loving things up...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Valar Morghulis posted:

The whole moon mining thing is a serious gently caress up. It's an integral part of alliance income. Also, it gets some fights.

the new moon mining is cool + good, we're excited for it

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Valar Morghulis posted:

It's great because all our strongest enemies depend on moon mining to live while at the same time being too cool to mine manually.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah, as with any change to the game that rewards cooperation and large-scale organization, it's effectively a buff for us.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Valar Morghulis posted:

Alliances are gonna have to either require taxes or force corps to run their own SRP programs. But either way, the moon goo is gonna have to be collected by somebody.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

eh, its likely people will turn to renters again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

XenJ posted:

Like the way

First scan down a moon after mining the ore a new moon must be scanned down

Second the new moonmining arry must first build and defend and can than work like ccp planed it.

And last we must work together to mine in a big fleet and defend this big fleet for all the others they found our moonmining​ arry and come to kill the miner and or steal the ore/mine it for selfe.

If moons are minable by Rorquals gently caress all will happen under an alliance's supercap umbrella.
If they require barges it'll just lead to a Claw extravaganza.

• Locked thread