Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Some real plot-changing headcap possibilities on the field this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

And #megamek immediately zooms in on the Mauler pilot lol

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Nice looking map!
PTN, is there an updated waiting list now that we did new signups?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

kingcom posted:

And #megamek immediately zooms in on the Mauler pilot lol

OUR HOME PLANET

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I can work with this mech, even though it is a Jagermech.

I expect to forget that I do not have torso twist approximately three times this map.

At long last, I will have vengeance on the Clans for losing the first-ever Steiner Rules brawl.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Keru posted:

OUR HOME PLANET

Looking forward to casual racism towards his allies

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mukaikubo posted:

At long last, I will have vengeance on the Clans for losing the first-ever Steiner Rules brawl.

If you'd won, they probably would have said it was made-up bullshit and shouldn't count. It was a strategic win despite the tactical loss.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
That Sagittare looks very mean, what with lots of pulse lasers, a targeting computer, AND an accuracy bonus at short range. Aim high for days! But it's a 3/5 so getting into short range could be a problem.

Take it easy, PTN, don't hurt yourself more pushing yourself.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I think I can get behind the new ER Light AC brackets. They're an interesting improvement on the regular version without requiring their opponents to weather multiple turns of accurate fire to even get a chance to shoot back.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
[madden mode: ON]

"Look, in this league, everyone has to have a playmaker, the guys who make plays for you and put points on the scoreboard. This team has got a few playmakers, and that's why they win games. But there's guys at, uh, kind of uh less flashy positions too, guys down in the trenches. They can make plays too. There's no one on this roster that you can sleep on."

"That Hunchback is your, you know, prototype middle linebacker, a real old-school one. Now some guys have to replace speed with skill and strength and that's what this guy does, you cannot get hit by him in the open field, or BOOM! You're gonna get rocked out of your cleats, a real decleater."

"Some guys like to stay in the pocket and try to go for the big play downfield. The Naginata is a guy who has the arm to do it, and a real field general to boot. You need playmakers like this, guys who have the patience and football IQ to get the job done."

"You know Al, I think, uh, some people, they...they really sleep on the Jagermech, maybe not as flashy, but look, you need your special teams guys in big games. You know football isn't nuclear physics, but it's not so simple that you can make it simple. It takes some explaining to get it across. How important special teams are to that is one of those things."

"More and more in this league size is becoming important with your playmakers, and this guy has that and the toughness to go along with it. The BattleMaster is a real all-star caliber kind of player, and he, uh, you know he always find ways to contribute whether it's down the field or in pass protection. You're not gonna win too many football games without that."

"People who don't grow up around football don't always know how important your offensive and defensive lines are, but this is a guy to watch. The Sagittare, you know, he just eats up blockers, phenomenal defensive tackle. He's not gonna be running guys down in the open field, but, you know, he gives you size up the middle, and you need your line to be the biggest guys on the field. They’re bigger than everybody else, and that’s what makes them the biggest guys on the field."

"This Hatamoto-Chi, you just don't see too many players like him in this league. A real selfless, team guy. You ask anyone in this league - players, coaches, staff - they'll all tell you this guy is a born winner. You gotta have guys like this in the locker room if you want to win a Super Bowl, there's no question."

"It really tells you a lot when someone gets a nickname like the Mauler does. Young guy, but I think he's really something to watch in this league. You know, discipline in football happens on the field, not off it, and this is a real disciplined young talent."

[madden mode: OFF]

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy gently caress its tense already.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

dis astranagant posted:

I think I can get behind the new ER Light AC brackets. They're an interesting improvement on the regular version without requiring their opponents to weather multiple turns of accurate fire to even get a chance to shoot back.

PTN, did you end up making the change that being closer than minimum range is a flat penalty of +2? This affects this Jagermech quite a bit, so I hope so.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Did some poor fucker get splatted by the falling dropship?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Artificer posted:

Did some poor fucker get splatted by the falling dropship?

PSRs on concrete can be a real killer.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Hunchie's quirks still refer to an AC/20, even though the weapon was relabled an Assault Autocannon, FYI.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

I'm very hype now. :jerky:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Sees the Mauler pilot Hey wait, Isn't that...?
Checks Sarna Yes, yes it is.
Checks the rest of the thread And naturally it gets pointed out in seconds. :allears:

Lovely 'mech lineup. Saggitaires are evil, evil area denial machines, I'd rather be in close range to multiple Assault Autocannons than one of those beauties.

So, odds on the Fox or lead Kurita eating a headcap?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

So, odds on the Fox or lead Kurita eating a headcap?

98% on Hanse. Alternatively he fucks up a PSR early and slide tackles a clan mech while he blacks out.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Ha ha ha ha ha loving awesome. And I love Battlemasters almost as much as the Warhammer.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Holy poo poo is Isoroku a good pilot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hooboy this is gonna be good

It's time for muk to reclaim the honor he lost so many, many years ago

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Holy poo poo is Isoroku a good pilot.

All the wealth and access to training that being the Coordinator's first cousin implies but none of the political responsibility tends to make you very good at your job.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

How come the Mauler didn't have the negative quirk Weak Crotch Armor?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
*hype intensifies*

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Dear Hanse Davion's Player: don't feel the need to pay a ton of attention to self-preservation

I'm just saying, I'm sure Hanse would be pleased to be remembered as the guy who freed Luthien by leaping off a height 18 building to impale a Star Colonel on his giant fuckoff 'Mech Sword before Stackpoling his Battlemaster in order to take out all the Colonel's forces

I'm sure he'd be thrilled

The Draconis Suns are clearly stable enough to survive

Do it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
But for not-sarcastic real though, if Hanse Davion gave his life in the defining moment of the defining conflict to retake Luthien in a move that tilted the entire battle in the DS's favor, it would probably make sure that the above poster was actually correct.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dear Hanse Davion's Player: don't feel the need to pay a ton of attention to self-preservation

I'm just saying, I'm sure Hanse would be pleased to be remembered as the guy who freed Luthien by leaping off a height 18 building to impale a Star Colonel on his giant fuckoff 'Mech Sword before Stackpoling his Battlemaster in order to take out all the Colonel's forces

I'm sure he'd be thrilled

The Draconis Suns are clearly stable enough to survive

Do it

It probably doesn't help that as a 12 year old first playing BT I was a Davionista.

Playing as Hanse... Oh, fox.

This should be interesting.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

7 against 12? Ouch. :)

I suppose you might free someone from the wreckage though.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 3, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Jew it to it! posted:

It probably doesn't help that as a 12 year old first playing BT I was a Davionista.

Playing as Hanse... Oh, fox.

This should be interesting.

Luthien has already seen the end of two major faction leaders, an entire faction, and numerous big names besides. It is a graveyard of the great: Make sure your tombstone is amazing.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I think Courvalant won the mech lottery. :stare:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Strobe posted:

But for not-sarcastic real though, if Hanse Davion gave his life in the defining moment of the defining conflict to retake Luthien in a move that tilted the entire battle in the DS's favor, it would probably make sure that the above poster was actually correct.

Yeah, I wasn't being entirely sarcastic. If Hanse dies to a random headshot or something, well, I'll laugh like hell - but if he dies in a sufficiently metal fashion, he might just achieve in death what he would have needed Stackpolian levels of enemy-incompetence to achieve in life.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RA Rx posted:

7 against 12? Ouch. :)

I suppose you might free someone from the wreckage though.

12? probably more like 15-20 going by the at least clause there.

Joining up is going to be a real challenge. Both lances are very slow and will be deploying to opposite ends ends of the map. There are a lot of things that need doing and plenty of Clanners waiting to pounce.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 3, 2017

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

For like five minutes until everyone remembers the whole "lack of an acceptable heir" thing and the Draconis Suns implodes into like five civil wars at once.

Honestly, what Hanse needs to do to make this whole thing work is to liberate the rest of the old Combine over the next twenty five to thirty years, making sure his heir gets trained up properly including winning renown in battle and proper leadership and administrative experience, THEN go out in a blaze of glory. Because dying now leaves you without anyone who has both the gravitas to rule the Kurita half and the charisma to rule the Davion side.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

jng2058 posted:

For like five minutes until everyone remembers the whole "lack of an acceptable heir" thing and the Draconis Suns implodes into like five civil wars at once.

Honestly, what Hanse needs to do to make this whole thing work is to liberate the rest of the old Combine over the next twenty five to thirty years, making sure his heir gets trained up properly including winning renown in battle and proper leadership and administrative experience, THEN go out in a blaze of glory. Because dying now leaves you without anyone who has both the gravitas to rule the Kurita half and the charisma to rule the Davion side.

There's one problem with this plan: Hanse Davion is not a good parent. He had five kids and only Peter turned out halfway okay.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Defiance Industries posted:

There's one problem with this plan: Hanse Davion is not a good parent. He had five kids and only Peter turned out halfway okay.

Leave the kids with Uncle Chandy.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Chandy was the one babysitting little kathy I assume.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

This. This is a good plan.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

AJ_Impy posted:

Sees the Mauler pilot Hey wait, Isn't that...?
Checks Sarna Yes, yes it is.
Checks the rest of the thread And naturally it gets pointed out in seconds. :allears:

Fill in those of us who are less in the know?

And drat, Isoroku is a good pilot. Was expecting Hanse Davion to be better as well, but he's no slouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Maybe this mission can make up for the time PTN jammed like half a dozen faction leaders and other plot-critical personalities onto a battlefield littered with headcap machines and nobody died but some random lieutenant.

• Locked thread