Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

"I wish I could tell you that Spidey fought the good fight, and the Kingpin let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but heroing is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - hero life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Spidey would show up with fresh bruises. The Kingpin kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'im off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Spidey - that was his routine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Comicskingdom blew up again, so having to source this from a lower res site :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The did not name the next strip "living on the edge" and I am disappointed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"I wish I could tell you that Spidey fought the good fight, and the Kingpin let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but heroing is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - hero life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Spidey would show up with fresh bruises. The Kingpin kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'im off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Spidey - that was his routine."

Fisk walks smugly into his cell. The Punisher emerges from the shadow in the corner...

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Comicskingdom blew up again, so having to source this from a lower res site :(

oh dear gently caress may is going to ask him to marry her and live on the surface, isn't she

and frankly i want to see that

i want that to happen

i want spidey's new uncle to be the mole man and i want him to be a supporting character in the cast and i want this to be like a perfect marriage and everyone is like "what the poo poo she's married the mole man" but they're really good together and they make each other happy and it's just the loving best

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
In the 2000s DCAU series Static Shock, one of the very first bad guys is Rubber-band Man, who is introduced when he tries to kill a record executive over stealing his music. After Static stops him, Rubber-band Man realizes what he did was wrong, reforms, and starts a crime-fighting career alongside Static, and later ends up dating Static's sister.

It's a heartwarming story, very well executed.

I expect nothing of the sort from Newspaper Spider-Man :allears:

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
If this arc concludes with the Mole Man and May living on the surface in marital bliss I will send Stan Lee a check for $10

Further tales from the archives:

It's my favorite superhero, Spider-MRA. (I love how he says this like MJ doesn't bail his rear end out in a ton of modern-day storylines.)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

A combination of higher resolution source material and better Photoshop skills than mine might have made this work better, but enjoy the Amazing Spider-Quark.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Woebin posted:

A combination of higher resolution source material and better Photoshop skills than mine might have made this work better, but enjoy the Amazing Spider-Quark.

I like to imagine he's swinging off to check on his Bitcoin mining cluster.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Comics Kingdom is back up so here's the high res sunday strip:

And another!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do it May, get married and give Peter a new Uncle and he can just stick around in the strip for decades as Uncle Moley :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He'll get his new Uncle killed when he sleeps in. Oh noooooooo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Little kid: Hey Spidey, how come you don't have an uncle? :smug:

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
This is loving happening :xd:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

As he's pronouncing, he opens a ring box that contains a tiny brick which he flings at Spider-Man, rendering him comatose.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
moleman is masterminding this whole situation to get may to marry him, tyrannus doesnt exist and lenny had no idea that he was going to have to get some of his skin ripped off just so moley could get some

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm willing to bet there's no Tyrannus and this is all a clever ruse to get May to marry him.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
She was willing to marry him without any tricks last time, so that would make no sense.

So that's probably exactly what's happening.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

i believe in Mole Man's virtue

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I'm willing to bet there's no Tyrannus and this is all a clever ruse to get May to marry him.

It would explain how weirdly ready he appeared to be to martyr himself to Lenny.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ZeroCount posted:

i believe in Mole Man's virtue
This empathy with Mole Man is verging on jokes about goon stereotypes and identification.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I Believe in Harvey Elder

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

This empathy with Mole Man is verging on jokes about goon stereotypes and identification.

Untrue, I would never leave my subterranean gooncave for anything as trivial as the love of a woman

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I suspect that there is no Tyrannus... but I'm hoping Mole Man is on the level.

And then the jilted ex enters the scene...

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ZeroCount posted:

Untrue, I would never leave my subterranean gooncave for anything as trivial as the love of a woman

But what about free wheatcakes for life?!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Elfface posted:

Dr. Octopus vs Mole Man vs Tyrannus with Spider-Man and a bunch of monsters and Moloids thrown in to fight over the love of an old lady and also the fate of two worlds would be a better event than any Spider-Man event in a long time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I always love Spidey just plastered against the window like that. People look out and wonder if he's some sort of street urchin who is hungry and just needs some warmth.

Also that wedding is a total sausage fest.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I wonder what Aunt May thinks about Peter not attending her wedding there.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I just finished Mole Man arc of Squirrel Girl and man, I think he may honestly have the most consistent characterization between Newspaper Spider-Man and his 616 version

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Elfface posted:

I suspect that there is no Tyrannus... but I'm hoping Mole Man is on the level.

I don't think Octopus and May have a thing in the newspaper continuity.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

New York Times has an article out about Joe Sinnott, the strips Sunday inker.Apparently Stan Lee still approves the storylines.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edmund Lava posted:

Apparently Stan Lee still approves the storylines.

Ghost Writer: So the basic thrust of this storyline is that Moleman wants to bang Aunt May, and she's down.
Stan: I approve.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That look on MJ's face.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:neckbeard:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mole Man's gonna die.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do not gently caress up Aunt May's happiness, Peter :argh:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

This is why it'd be really weird if Tyrannus was just a trick. Aunt May is clearly down to marry Mole Man and was only stopped because she couldn't move underground. It's not like he needs to trick her into doing it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Uncle Ben has been in the cold cold ground for decades; let your Aunt move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Who could resist a proposal given in the pastel void?

• Locked thread