Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

AriadneThread posted:

he knows it's physically impossible for us to hate him any more then we already do, so why not?

He was last sitting at like 16% approval rating, let's see how low this bitch gets

e: speaking of bitches, a female golden retriever, the greatest breed

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Chris Christie has a snowballs chance in hell of getting reelected now right? God what a worthless piece of poo poo :cripes:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Spiffster posted:

Chris Christie has a snowballs chance in hell of getting reelected now right? God what a worthless piece of poo poo :cripes:

Christie would need to pull a Huey Long to stay in power.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Shutting down the beaches this time of year, with hotels booked and everything, seems like a really stupid move on multiple levels. At the very least they'll lose a lot of revenue, but things have the potential to get ugly

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Crow Jane posted:

Shutting down the beaches this time of year, with hotels booked and everything, seems like a really stupid move on multiple levels. At the very least they'll lose a lot of revenue.

Oh god I didn't even think about that either. I was just thinking about the display of arrogance not the repercussions of the time of year. What a reprehensible asshat

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Spiffster posted:

His term is up. It's why he's behaving like this now. No need to keep the mask on.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
He's loving over the state party. He probably thought he was loving over the National GOP(e) too but look how that turned out.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Spiffster posted:

Oh god I didn't even think about that either. I was just thinking about the display of arrogance not the repercussions of the time of year. What a reprehensible asshat

Yeah, peoples' vacations have been totally ruined, and that fat rear end in a top hat is quite literally rubbing their faces in it. I'm really kinda hoping an angry drunken mob forms.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's proper procedure to close beaches when a whale washes ashore.

I do not care how many times that joke gets used.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
shot:

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/881698016687603712

chaser:

https://twitter.com/ElliottStephenB/status/836763460591566848

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
You know I hated Bush but there was never a video of him getting bodyslammed as far as I know.

And yes I know the video of Trump getting body slammed was just a fake rear end wrestling body slammed but regardless it still makes me :unsmith:

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
So wait Trump is actually going to raise tariffs and trigger that future recession people keep saying is coming?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

It's proper procedure to close beaches when a whale washes ashore.

I do not care how many times that joke gets used.

Whale of a male Chris Christie can't breach this scandal. At least, Narwhal being spermed by sinking approval ratings. Orcan he?

Sorry for the overkrill

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HPanda posted:

Whale of a male Chris Christie can't breach this scandal. At least, Narwhal being spermed by sinking approval ratings. Orcan he?

Sorry for the overkrill

Not bad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

HPanda posted:

Sorry for the overkrill

Don't you dare feel sorry for this.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

He barely speaks english I swear.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I'm proud of you

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

empty whippet box posted:

Who?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

empty whippet box posted:

He speaks in broken Memoese. He's likely grown used to having an executive secretary transcribe everything he's said over the past two decades before it's filtered through someone like Don Jr. or Ivanka for public consumption, but they can't get away with that right now, so the other 'official' mouthpieces are doing it.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Just one noun verb disagreement and calling USA evil. Not bad for one tweet.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why is he cheering on the defeat of the evil USA?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ora Tzo posted:

So wait Trump is actually going to raise tariffs and trigger that future recession people keep saying is coming?

Who knows? They keep talking about doing it. Bannon wants it so loving bad. Real money will go apeshit: Are you goddamn crazy? If they try...

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

Shutting down the beaches this time of year, with hotels booked and everything, seems like a really stupid move on multiple levels. At the very least they'll lose a lot of revenue, but things have the potential to get ugly

Like, even the Mayor of Amity didn't want to do that!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrandorKP posted:

Who knows? They keep talking about doing it. Bannon wants it so loving bad. Real money will go apeshit: Are you goddamn crazy? If they try...

Hasn't Bannon kinda been relegated to the kiddy table these days? I thought he had much less influence now.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I dunno if this is legit or Alt White House Staffer levels of masturbatory fanfic (I'm sure I'll be dunked on if it's the latter) but
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/881706240484790272

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Drifter posted:

Hasn't Bannon kinda been relegated to the kiddy table these days? I thought he had much less influence now.

Yes thank God.

But they just brought up the tariff crap again recently. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...j0fCcjJitbopFwQ

Ryan seems open to it too. I scare the hell out of the maritime people I talk to every chance I get. I also focused on it at grad school... I think deeply I worried the program head with the model I constructed.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Then I see poo poo like this and I'm reminded why I could never, ever vote Republican unless the entire party was reformed from the ground up.

There's a big difference between the insane, criminal cabal that operates on a national level and someone running for Drain Commissioner in your county with (R) next to the name. Spend a few minutes reading each candidate's platform and vote for the best one regardless of party affiliation.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Ora Tzo posted:

He certainly wants to. He dumb.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Post 9-11 User posted:

There's a big difference between the insane, criminal cabal that operates on a national level and someone running for Drain Commissioner in your county with (R) next to the name. Spend a few minutes reading each candidate's platform and vote for the best one regardless of party affiliation.

This isn't true. In order to get the nod to run as the Republican candidate for sewer inspector they'll have already forwarded the cause of the state and national party. They're a small cog in a vast machine, but by giving them your vote you're supporting that machine regardless of what they say in a pamphlet.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Post 9-11 User posted:

Depends if they're beholden to the local GOP branch. Like if their campaign was funded by the GOP then gently caress them that's blood money.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

40% steel tariffs will murder the entire economy.

Idk Obama slapped a 500% tariff on steel last May and the economy is fine, or at least it didn't get any shittier

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FlamingLiberal posted:

Chris Christie is done giving a poo poo

https://twitter.com/DVNJr/status/881651250395303936

(all NJ state parks are closed because he vetoed the budget bill before they went on holiday recess)

Sounds like NJ needs to call up Selfridge in Michigan and ask to borrow a few Warthogs for a training strafing run on Christie

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

awesmoe posted:

this is a really loving good counterweight to all those 'but what do all the poor trump voters think" https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.2f050879aec0
Not quoting, just read it all

“Why are terrorist attacks always from Muslims?”

Because you are a racist fucker that thinks only muslims carry out terrorist attacks

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Funny story: There was a study in Norway a few years back about unisex dorms in the army, for the express purpose of determining how that affected rates of sexual harassment etc and it turns out the mixed groups had WAY lower rates. Seems if you have people interact with the opposite sex on a daily basis and don't segregate them they learn to adjust to that situation and treat their group members more like people they respect and care for, seeing them as, you know, people.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140320111756.htm

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Idk Obama slapped a 500% tariff on steel last May and the economy is fine, or at least it didn't get any shittier

"Chinese cold rolled steel" isn't the same as all steel imports though.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mustached Demon posted:

40% steel tariffs will murder the entire economy.

The only thing I get out of this move is I get to watch Trump supporters cheer him on and shout "Yeah, gently caress chinese steel" while my bosses send them off to the unemployment line.
I won't get to see the moment it sets in that they got fired for Trump's dumb poo poo and will chant the famous line of all idiot republicans; "But I didn't vote for this!"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SocketWrench posted:

The only thing I get out of this move is I get to watch Trump supporters cheer him on and shout "Yeah, gently caress chinese steel" while my bosses send them off to the unemployment line.
I won't get to see the moment it sets in that they got fired for Trump's dumb poo poo and will chant the famous line of all idiot republicans; "But I didn't vote for this!"

Followed shortly by the classic "I deserve the welfare I'm on."

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Post 9-11 User posted:

Like the drain comissioner for Michigan? The reason why Flint is hosed forever? gently caress everyone with an R next to his name. Republicans deserve to go the way of the Wiggs.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

How does this make any sense what so ever?

And I'm pretty sure ARE TROOPS have been on the evil side quite a few times through history.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Spaced God posted:

I dunno if this is legit or Alt White House Staffer levels of masturbatory fanfic (I'm sure I'll be dunked on if it's the latter) but
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/881706240484790272

Given Trump's history of being jilted and a petty rear end in a top hat, if he keeps dropping and gets kicked out or leaves on the shitties ratings if he'll go into "watch the world burn" mode

• Locked thread