Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This is the worst possible ending. :gonk:

Go back and explain to Denny instead of carrying him. I doubt Denny will listen, but I want to see if the other branch of this fork is a fail state as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You've got to warn your family. "Stop!" you cry as you dash across the street. "Go back to the hotel!"

At first they all ignore you. Then your mom's eyes grow wide. She looks back and forth between you and the other you.

"I don't have time to explain what's happening!" you shout at her. "Don't cross the street! Mom, please! It's dangerous!"

But now your family is hurrying to get away from you. They're totally freaked out!

"Stop!" you cry again.

"I don't know who you are or why you're pretending to be my child," your father says angrily. "But if you don't leave us alone, I'm calling the police!"

"Please!" you beg. "Just stop for a minute! You have to listen to me! I'm trying to save your-"

"I mean it," your dad says. "Get out of here or you'll be sorry!"

quote:

"Yeah, get out of here!" Denny adds. A karate chop lands on your arm.

You can't help it. You punch him back. "Don't be a jerk!" you say. "Turn around now! If you don't, something terrible will happen!"

"You're not the boss of me!" Denny yells. He rushes toward the intersection.

"Stop!" you yell again. Denny turns around and kicks you, hard, in the shin. You are so mad you grab him in a headlock. "Say you're sorry!" you yell.

"You're not the boss of me!" Denny screams again.

This time the other you jumps into the fight. While you hold on to Denny's neck, the you from the future pokes him in the chest.

"Say you're sorry," you demand, tightening your hold on his neck. "Say it."

This time you don't even see the truck bearing down on you and your family. It's too much fun having two of you to gang up on Denny!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Chronometer

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Knocked face-first into a pit of quicksand by a belching dinosaur.
Got distracted watching a prehistoric chicken hatch.
Got locked up and used as a zoo exhibit.
Answered the teacher's question wrong and got frammilized.
Wrapped up by space plant tentacles.
Forced to watch Washington cross the Delaware forever.
Jumped into a moat and got eaten by crocodiles.
Lost a game of baseball with a knight and got chucked into the moat.
Accidentally brought two Dennys back to the present.
:siren:Run over by a truck while beating up Denny. Totally worth it.:siren:

Achievements
Knight in Shining Armor: Rescued a princess from a dragon.
The Boss of You: Gave Denny his much-deserved comeuppance.

Our options posted:

• Find Denny instead of travelling through time.
  • Go to the future.
  • Use the chronometer before the teacher reaches us.
  • Go to the engine room.
  • Go deeper into the castle.
  • Run from the dragon.
  • Read the book on an odd-numbered day.
  • Roll into the knight's path.
  • Try to stop the truck.
  • Talk Denny into going with you.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Rebonack7 posted:

:siren: Run over by a truck while beating up Denny. Totally worth it. :siren:

:911: it's beautiful

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 2, 2017

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Let's try to talk Danny into going with us. Nothing can possibly go wrong!

As an only child, I don't understand why Danny is being such and entitled brat. Can somebody with experience in the field of younger siblings explain?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Little brothers are the worst up until you both become adults and pretend the animosity was all just fun and games. it's the rules of nature

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Junpei posted:

As an only child, I don't understand why Danny is being such and entitled brat. Can somebody with experience in the field of younger siblings explain?

As the middle child of 3 sons, I'm a bit of an expert on this: younger siblings see how 'cool' the older sibling is and get jealous. The older sibling gets so much cool stuff, like phones and a car before the younger. They get special privileges, like getting to have their friends come over. Parents inherently trust the older sibling more. All of this together makes the younger sibling incredibly jealous, and they lash out in any way possible. I went through it both on the giving and receiving end.

Or maybe Denny is just a loving bastard, who the hell knows.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Rebonack7 posted:

A tingling sensation races through your body as you're transported back to the present and the Museum of Natural History. When the misty air clears, you're back in the time exhibit, standing near a sundial.

"Come on," you say to Denny, sighing with relief. "Let's go find Mom and Dad."

"No way," two voices reply in stereo. "You're not the boss of me."

"Oh, no," you moan out loud as you realize what you've done.

Both Dennys have returned to the present with you!

You've saved your brother's life, but ruined your own.

THE END

And tomorrow in New York City, Denny will get taken back into yesterday, leaving him stuck in a time loop forever! How is this not a win condition?

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Somehow you've got to talk Denny into coming back to the present with you. But how?

Then you get an idea. "Denny," you say very calmly. "I'm going back to Dr. Peebles's laboratory now. But I don't want you to come with me."

"Why not?" Denny asks suspiciously.

"It's none of your business," you say as nastily as you can. "You can come back later today - or tomorrow."

"No!" Denny whines. "I want to go back *now.*"

"Well, you can't," you say. "I'm going without you."

"NOOOO!" he whines louder. "Take me with you!"

"Sorry."

"I'll tell Mom!" he insists. "I'll tell her how you're always trying to be the boss of me."

"Oh, all right," you say, trying to sound disgusted. "Hold my hand, then." Looking pleased, Denny takes your hand. You glance down at the chronometer. Forty-five seconds - plenty of time to spare. And Denny doesn't even realize that he tricked himself!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Chronometer

:siren:Goal Endings: 2/2:siren:

Bad Endings
Knocked face-first into a pit of quicksand by a belching dinosaur.
Got distracted watching a prehistoric chicken hatch.
Got locked up and used as a zoo exhibit.
Answered the teacher's question wrong and got frammilized.
Wrapped up by space plant tentacles.
Forced to watch Washington cross the Delaware forever.
Jumped into a moat and got eaten by crocodiles.
Lost a game of baseball with a knight and got chucked into the moat.
Accidentally brought two Dennys back to the present.
Run over by a truck while beating up Denny. Totally worth it.

Achievements
Knight in Shining Armor: Rescued a princess from a dragon.
The Boss of You: Gave Denny his much-deserved comeuppance.

And with that, we're officially done dealing with the single worst character in the entire Give Yourself Goosebumps franchise! Next time, we take part in a scavenger hunt on the grounds of a haunted house, with predictable results.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

GIVE YOURSELF GOOSEBUMPS #03: ESCAPE FROM BAT WING HALL

quote:

"This town stinks!"

It's Friday afternoon - the end of your first week at your new school. Your family just moved to this town last month. And so far no one at school has even tried to be your friend.

Day after day, you sit in class waiting for someone to talk to you. Waiting and staring at all the strange faces around you. How can you possibly go through the year without any friends? you wonder. You're cool. You know you are. You had tons of friends at your old school.

You trudge home slowly. All you have to look forward to is a boring weekend of watching TV with your parents and your bratty little brother. Then something hits the back of your jacket.

You whirl around. A pebble drops onto the ground. You glance up - and notice a brown-haired boy about your own age.

"Hi!" he calls out. "I'm Nick!

"Hi," you reply and introduce yourself.

"We're in the same class at school," Nick says.

That's funny, you think. You don't remember seeing him there. But you smile anyway. You're so happy someone is finally talking to you.

"I live there," Nick tells you. He points to a two-story green house on the next block. You gaze back at him, shocked.

"But you can't live there!" you exclaim. "There's no way!"

quote:

"What do you mean I can't live there?" Nick asks, laughing. "I know my own house."

"I live next door," you tell him. You point to the red-brick house next to the green one. "The green house has been empty all month. There haven't been any lights on. No cars in the driveway."

"I was on vacation with my family. We got back last night," Nick says. "What do you think of school?"

"Okay, I guess," you reply. You're afraid to say anything more. You never know - maybe this kid Nick actually likes school.

"Can you believe how much homework our teacher gave us this weekend?" Nick complains. He kicks a stone down the street as you walk. "All the kids who had Mr. McCormick last year say he's really tough. And mean. A total monster!"

You agree. The next thing you know you and Nick are comparing favorite rock groups and comic books. Both of you collect Spider-Man comics. Nick has all the first issues from the last five years, too!

"Comics are cool," Nick says. "But do you know what's even cooler?"

"What?" you ask.

"Horror stories!" Nick exclaims. "In fact, I-" He stops talking and stares at you.

quote:

"What?" you ask. "What about horror stories?"

"It's probably way too scary for you," Nick replies.

"Nothing's too scary for me!" you boast.

"That's because you've never been to the Horror Club," Nick says.

"What's that?"

Nick grins. "It's a club I belong to. You've got to be really brave to be a member. When we meet, we tell spooky stories. Really scary!"

"Cool!" you reply. "I love scary stories. Can I join?"

"If you think you can handle it," Nick says. "We meet every Friday night at Bat Wing Hall. That's the deserted house at the dead end of our street. It was old Professor Krupnik's house."

"I've seen the house. It looks haunted," you tell Nick with a laugh.

"Don't laugh," he warns you. "It is haunted."

quote:

"Haunted? For real?" you ask.

"For real," Nick replies seriously. "That's why we picked it. Some of the scariest stories I've ever heard happened in Bat Wing Hall."

"Like what?"

"Like the story of the kids on Halloween night," Nick says. "They were all dressed up. Trick-or-treating. They rang Krupnik's doorbell. A figure dressed all in black answered, and the kids were invited inside... only they never came out!"

"What happened?" you ask breathlessly.

"Nobody knows," Nick replies. "But late at night you can still hear the kids' screams. Horrible screams. And when the moon is full - some people say they've seen little creatures in monster costumes roaming about inside the house! Trapped. Forever!"

"Wow! Great story!" you say.

"It's not a story," Nick tells you. "Being a member of the Horror Club can be dangerous. Very dangerous." He pauses, then adds, "Today is Friday. We meet tonight. Do you want to come?"

What do you think?

Risk it and go to the Horror Club tonight, turn to PAGE 17.

Say thanks anyway and go to PAGE 91.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Lets hang out with this kid who certainly isn't secretly a monster luring children to their doom. Let's go to the horror club.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

The prick threw a rock at us to get our attention. Who does that?! gently caress you, kid, and gently caress your Horror Club!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I wonder if we get a game over for not going to Bat Wing Hall in a book called Trapped in Bat Wing Hall

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Common sense prevails! We're not going!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

serefin99 posted:

The prick threw a rock at us to get our attention. Who does that?! gently caress you, kid, and gently caress your Horror Club!

seriously, don't need this crap

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

This kid is clearly a ghost or vampire or something so we should go to the Horror Club.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

serefin99 posted:

Yeah!

We can make our own horror club! With blackjack! And not getting horribly murdered!

Show him the door

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Great choice!

Now you're stuck at home with nothing to do. Sure, you can clean out your closet. Or play stupid board games with your little brother. But that doesn't change things.

You still have no friends. You're still bored.

But wait - you have one last chance!

You hurry to the big yellow phone book. You look up Nick's phone number. You grab the phone and dial. It rings. And rings.

And then you hear Nick's voice. "Hello?"

quote:

"The Horror Club sounds great!" you tell Nick. "Count me in!"

"I'll meet you in front of your house at nine o'clock tonight," Nick says. You agree and say good-bye. Then you rush into your kitchen to find your parents. You tell them you've made a friend, and you've been invited to a club meeting. They're so happy for you. Of course, you don't tell them that the meeting is in a deserted, boarded-up old house!

At nine o'clock, you join Nick under the elm tree in your front yard. A skinny, fidgety girl with messy, long dark hair waits with Nick.

"This is Debbie," he tells you. "She's a member of the club, too."

"Hi," Debbie says. You can barely see her face under all her thick hair. And she always seems to be squirming about! You wonder what's with this strange girl.

You follow your new friends up the hill to the end of the long dark street. The farther you go, the fewer houses there are. At the end of the road, all the streetlights are out. The sky is pitch-black. If it weren't for Nick's flashlight, you'd probably trip over your own feet.

"There it is," Nick says, pointing. "Bat Wing Hall."

quote:

A huge, dark shadow looms at the end of the street. It's the mansion.

You stop walking and gaze up at it. Nick shines his flashlight at the old house on the hill.

Bat Wing Hall is a two-story, old-fashioned house. All the windows that aren't boarded up are broken. Loose shingles flap from the roof. Paint peels from the weathered sides of the house. It looks as if no one has lived here for hundreds of years.

You climb up to the sagging porch with Nick and Debbie. Tall, overgrown trees and bushes cast eerie shadows across the deserted lawn.

"Isn't this place awesome?" Debbie whispers to you.

"Really cool," you agree.

"This house has been empty for two years," Nick tells you. "Ever since crazy old Professor Krupnik died."

"No one will buy it because it's haunted," Debbie explains. You notice she's chewing nervously at the ends of her long hair. Yuck!

"The front door was boarded up until we figured out how to pry it open," Debbie says. She points to the large wooden door. "Let's go."

You take a step forward.

"Stop!" Nick shouts. "Get down! Now!"

If you do as Nick says, hurry to PAGE 19.

If you ignore him and head for the door, go to PAGE 85.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

How many movie antagonists have died because they just stood there slack-jawed while the hero actually dodged the incoming hazard? Hit the floor!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
"You wanted to do the sensible thing, BUT THOU MUST"

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Into the door we go.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The penitent man is humble. Kneels before God.

KNEELS!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Hit the deck!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Of all the railroading horseshit...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
The page starting 'The Horror Club sounds great!' would make just as much sense coming after us saying yes at the first 'choice'. Is it, in fact, the same page?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
This is the first one of these I read, my cousin gave me her old goosebumps stuff and she had a few of these. I remember one choice in particular that annoyed the crap out of me.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

We attempted to ignore Nearly Friendless Nick before we were but thou must'd into this mess and I see no reason to change our policy now. Door.

SirKibbles posted:

I remember one choice in particular that annoyed the crap out of me.

On a scale of one to Denny...?

The one I remember fondly is One Night In Payne House, though not enough to not need to google it. Now that's an inventory management simulator.

It also has one of my favourite failures in a gamebook.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

FredMSloniker posted:

The page starting 'The Horror Club sounds great!' would make just as much sense coming after us saying yes at the first 'choice'. Is it, in fact, the same page?

As a matter of fact, it is.

quote:

"What is it?" you cry, as your body hits the ground.

"We've got to be careful," Nick whispers. "If anyone catches us going in the front door, we could be in big trouble. We're not really allowed in here."

You nod. And watch Debbie as she squirms and glances around nervously.

You wonder why your new friends are so jumpy. You can't imagine how anyone could possibly see you in the darkness. But you figure Nick and Debbie know what they're doing.

You stand and follow Nick and Debbie across the porch. Keeping as quiet as possible, you pull off the broken boards on the front door.

You enter the dark house.

The air in the entryway is stale and dusty. You hold back a sneeze. Nick motions for you to follow him.

You creep after Nick and Debbie down a dark hallway. The floorboards creak loudly with each step.

Then you enter a big, dimly lit living room. A broken chandelier sways from the ceiling. The faded wallpaper hangs in pieces from the walls. Dirty sheets cover what appear to be old sofas and chairs.

And then you see them!

quote:

Four kids sit in a circle on the living room floor. A big yellow candle flickers in the center.

They all turn and stare at you.

No one seems happy to see you.

You stand awkwardly as Nick introduces you and says, "This is our newest member."

"What are you talking about?" cries a girl with short, curly red hair. She glares at you.

"I've brought a new member to the Horror Club," Nick repeats.

"Not today!" exclaims a large boy with bulging arm muscles.

"Why not?" Debbie asks, squirming next to you.

"Didn't anyone tell you?" asks another girl. "Tonight's the special night. You've got to get that kid out of here. We're not telling stories tonight. The plan has changed!"

quote:

Nick and Debbie quickly leave your side and huddle together with the other kids. You can hear them arguing. Arguing about you.

Then one voice rises above the others. "But today is game day! You know what that means!"

"I don't," you suddenly call out. You're sick of standing there. You want to know what's going on.

It works. All six kids stop arguing.

The girl with the red hair steps toward you. "I'm Marcie," she tells you. "There are no stories tonight. We're playing games instead. But new members can't play. It's the rule."

"Can't you break the rules just this one time?" you ask.

"These aren't ordinary games," warns the boy with the large muscles. "These games are scary. Really scary."

"The scarier the better," you announce bravely. This starts another argument. Some kids want you to stay and play. Others want you to leave.

Debbie hurries over to your side. Through her mane of dark hair, she whispers, "Go home. Go home now!"

But at that moment, Marcie announces, "It's decided. You can stay and play games with us."

"Great!" you say, ignoring Debbie. "What are we playing?"

quote:

"The game is called The Hunt," Marcie tells you. "I am captain of the Blue Team. Nick is captain of the Red Team."

You watch as Nick picks Debbie and a skinny boy named Connor to be on his team. Connor has short bristly hair and a very strange smell. As Connor walks by, you decide he smells as if he's been lying in a Dumpster!

For the Blue Team, Marcie chooses a beautiful girl with long blond hair and green eyes. Her name is Lara. She smiles shyly at you. Marcie also picks the guy in the muscle shirt.

"Hi, I'm Martin," the kid says, pounding you on the back. "Welcome to the Horror Club!" He laughs, then flexes his muscles. You step back. Martin's arm is bigger than your whole body!

"That's three on each team," Marcie announces. "Our new member can join either one." She turns to you. "It's up to you. Which team will you join?"

Would you rather hang out with Nick, Debbie, and Connor on the Red Team? Or get to know Lara, Marcie, and Martin on the Blue Team?

To join the Red Team, turn to PAGE 88.

To join the Blue Team, turn to PAGE 33.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Debbie seems like she has some kind of thing going on, let's find out what it is on the Red team.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
The Blue team has a hot girl on it, let's get our mortifying teen embarrassment out of the way early.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Blue for us.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Better dead than red. Join team Blue.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"Welcome to the Blue Team," Marcie says with a smile.

"Glad you're on the team," Martin adds. He crushes your hand in a hearty handshake.

"So, what are we playing?" you ask.

"The game is called The Hunt," Lara tells you.

"What are we hunting for?" you ask.

Marcie's voice drops down to a croaking whisper. "The creepiest, most terrifying things we can find," she says.

"We vote on which team finds the scariest stuff," Martin explains. "If you haven't chickened out by then, you'll become an official member of the Horror Club."

"Don't worry about me," you say. "I love a good scare."

"Come on," Lara says. "Let's get this game going!"

You follow your teammates outside. Marcie goes first. Her flashlight beam bounces around the overgrown yard, making weird yellow shadows.

You begin scanning the yard, but Martin stops you. "Not here," he says. "You're the newest member. You have to pass the test!"

Test? You don't like the sound of that.

Martin grins and points across the street. "You go there!"

The cemetery!

quote:

They want you to search the cemetery all by yourself. You're about to say No way, Jose, but then you figure that's just what they expect you to do.

You'll show them!

"Great!" you declare. "I bet I'll find the winning object." You even kind of mean it. After all, if the game is won by finding the scariest stuff, then your teammates just handed you an easy score. What better place to look than a cemetery? You give your teammates the thumbs up, and hurry across the street.

The cemetery is really old, and most of the gravestones are chipped and crumbling. As you stumble over a lumpy grave, you feel something grab at your ankle! You yelp and jump back.

Phew! It was just a gnarled root.

The moonlight casts an eerie glow, creating strange shadows. You carefully make your way toward a small building. There's just enough light for you to read the words KRUPNIK CRYPT carved in the stone over the doorway.

Here's your chance to impress your new friends. You know you will find something scary inside a crypt. But do you have the nerve to enter?

quote:

You approach the heavy stone door of the crypt. Instead of a doorknob, it has a thick iron ring. Chiseled into the stone above the ring are these words:

WHO TURNS THE STONE WILL GROW BAT BONES

What could that possibly mean? you wonder. A sudden movement draws your attention. Near the top of the crypt you see a small hole - about your size. While you watch, a tiny black bat flies out of the hole and flutters off into the night.

Outrageous, you think. Maybe you can catch a bat inside the crypt. That would win the contest for sure.

But how will you get inside? The door is covered with cobwebs. Obviously, it hasn't been opened in a long time. Maybe you could climb to the top of the crypt and crawl in through the hole the bat came out of.

Or maybe you should just try to pull the big stone door open. It might work.

Which will you try?

If you crawl in through the hole, turn to PAGE 32.

If you try to open the stone door, go to PAGE 9.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Let's open the door. It can only end well.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Yup, let's open the door and grow us some bat bones. Children are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so that'll be sure to win us the contest!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Crawl through the hole. Becoming a bat is all fun and games until you have no way to change back.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

serefin99 posted:

Crawl through the hole. Becoming a bat is all fun and games until you have no way to change back.

:yeah:

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Open the door for a brief nostalgia trip to Animorphs, probably.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You step up to the door and grasp the ring in both your hands. It's covered with rust and cobwebs, and you have a feeling it hasn't been moved in a long time.

You pull on it, but the thing won't budge. You clutch the ring even tighter and put all your weight into it.

A hideous screeching noise fills the air. What is making that ghastly sound? Slowly, slowly, the heavy stone door swings open.

Holding your breath, you tiptoe inside. You see a large casket sitting on a stone platform in the middle of the dark room. For a moment, you can't move. You stare at the casket and think: There's a dead person in there. A dead person!

Yikes! Something just grabbed at your hair. You brush it away. And gasp.

A bat flutters off into the darkness, its fangs glinting in the moonlight. Maybe catching a bat isn't such a great idea, you decide.

You quickly search the tomb for scary stuff to bring back to your teammates, but you find nothing except dust and cobwebs. With a final glance, you leave the tomb to rejoin your friends.

There's only one problem. You don't see them anywhere. You're all alone.

quote:

"Lara!" You call. "Martin! Marcie!"

The only answer is the wind rustling through the trees. Your eyes search the cemetery, but your gaze falls only on crumbling headstones. You glance across the street at the mansion, but it's completely dark. Has everyone gone home?

Another bat flies by and you decide not to wait around. You race out of the cemetery and head for home.

Later that night, you don't feel very well. Your shoulders ache and your fingers feel stiff.

Maybe you're getting sick. You hope not. You don't want to miss soccer practice. You climb into bed and drift into a troubled sleep. When you awaken a few hours later, it's still dark, and you feel even worse.

Maybe a drink of water would make you feel better. As you get up, you notice that your hands seem to be very stiff. You glance down and see something dark between all your fingers.

It must be the shadows in the room, you think. Your feet don't seem to be working very well, but somehow you make your way to the bathroom. You reach up to flip on the light. But the light switch isn't where it's supposed to be.

Instead, it's three feet above you! And the bathroom mirror is even higher.

quote:

Somehow, since you went to bed, your bathroom has grown to ten times its normal size.

Or you've shrunk.

I must be dreaming, you think. You climb up on the bathroom sink and stare into the mirror. The face gazing out at you from the mirror isn't your own.

It's the furry face of a small, hairy creature with a short nose, huge ears, and tiny white fangs.

It's the face of a bat!

You wink your right eye, and, to your horror, the bat in the mirror winks at you at the same time. The bat in the mirror is you!

"No!" you scream. It comes out as a tiny squeak.

This can't be real, you think. It's got to be a dream, right? You try to pinch yourself, but you can't work your bat fingers.

You continue to stare at your reflection, horrified. How could this have happened?

You think back over the last evening. You try to remember every detail. You hung out with your new friends at the Horror Club. There was a contest to find the scariest things. And then you remember something else - something that sends a chill down your furry little back!

quote:

You remember the Krupnik Crypt. And that the only living creature you saw was the bat that flew out of the tomb. With a gnawing fear, your mind plays over the words carved in the crypt: WHO TURNS THE STONE WILL GROW BAT BONES.

You should have realized it was a warning. But no, you had to go ahead and turn that stupid stone!

That must have been how this happened. You try frantically to remember everything about the crypt, any little detail that could help you. You picture the crypt and suddenly recall that you'd left the stone door open. Maybe if you turn the stone again - closing the door of the crypt - you'll be transformed back.

Should you return to the cemetery now? You're not sure you can even find it in the dark.

Or would it be better to go to sleep and wait until morning? Maybe when you wake up, you'll be back to normal.

If you return to the cemetery now, hurry to PAGE 27.

If you wait until morning, turn to PAGE 53.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Let's wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

This sounds like a tomorrow problem, go back to sleep.