Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Any team that drops below Brooklyn in the standings should have their staff fired almost immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Rick posted:

Sorry friend, Julius Randle was first by a month and some change unless we're using Price is Right rules where because he started weight loss posting in May it doesn't count.

Did he gain muscle?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Keep in mind the majority of the free agents are still out there. Brooklyn can easily get 5-7 of those guys that are good enough starters and win via depth.

They have their choice of any center on the market, cause where else are they going?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Every single starter from that 60 win hawks team is gone? That was fast.

It's a nice move for the Nuggets, Jokic can do his thing, Millsap can play defense and shoot and all that. And it ends when Millsap should be running downnnn.

Hawks future incoming picks, they retain all their present picks:
2018 first round draft pick from Minnesota
Minnesota's 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-14 in 2018, 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020; if Minnesota has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Atlanta by 2020, then Minnesota will instead convey its 2020 2nd round pick and 2021 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Minnesota, 2/10/2015]

2019 first round draft pick from Cleveland
Cleveland's 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-10 in 2019 and 1-10 in 2020; if Cleveland has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Atlanta by 2020, then Cleveland will instead convey its 2021 2nd round pick and 2022 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Cleveland, 1/7/2017]

2019 second round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 2019 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-New York-Washington, 6/25/2015]

So that starting 5 could be

Schröder/Bazemore/(Hardaway or Sefolosha)/Muscala?/Miles Plumlee
With Taurean Prince, Kris Humphries and some of their other reecent rookies on the bench, plus Jose Calderon

This team is going to lose 47-56 games

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/basquiatball/status/880939817948766208

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/881737103310077952

Edit

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/881734125224382464

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 3, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
At this point I've become an Earvin Johnson Accelerationist so every bad move is one step closer to them toppling his statue and sending him away from the Lakers forever. Bring on Rondo.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Did he gain muscle?

YOu know, it's been long enough I don't remember if he gained or lost the 20 lbs but I would imagine with his physique it was probably the latter.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty confident that Philly won't make the playoffs, even in the new-look tire-fire East. Two rookies, a guy who's only played 30 games, and a starting lineup that's basically never played together before. That is not the recipe for a playoff team.

Meanwhile the Trail Blazers are going to pay $136 million plus luxury tax to field a 9th or 10th seed.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
All teams play 2 games versus each out-of-conference opponent. That's 450 matches during the regular season.

Last year the East won 204 while the West took home 246. Season before that it was 218-232. (#s were mental math so may be off a few).

Given how FA has gone, what would you set the line at for an O/U prop bet? East wins 200 feels high for the moment, but how low feels right?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
woj me

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881740701632954368

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

leftist heap posted:

I'm pretty confident that Philly won't make the playoffs, even in the new-look tire-fire East. Two rookies, a guy who's only played 30 games, and a starting lineup that's basically never played together before. That is not the recipe for a playoff team.

The East is not a recipe for a conference but here we are. I see 6 playoff teams, especially if Miami gets Hayward. Then you have 2 spots for who knows what. Charlotte, Detroit, Indy and Chicago limping along. Philly doesn't need everything to go their way to beat that out for sure.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

If Carmelo goes to the Rockets, LeBron might play 25 mpg until March and the Cavs will still be the #1 seed.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yes, because it was the Knicks holding back the Cavs this whole time.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I don't hate the McLemore signing, but if he's their TA replacement, he's got some major shoes to fill in terms of fan acceptance.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kalensc posted:

All teams play 2 games versus each out-of-conference opponent. That's 450 matches during the regular season.

Last year the East won 204 while the West took home 246. Season before that it was 218-232. (#s were mental math so may be off a few).

Given how FA has gone, what would you set the line at for an O/U prop bet? East wins 200 feels high for the moment, but how low feels right?

It's gonna take some time for the new West rosters to gel, so I think 200 would still be a good bet.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You lose 15 games per first or second year player you play in your top 7 rotation but maybe the East is bad enough that Philadelphia is still a playoff team.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Chris Wallace has the biggest Jayhawk boner.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I don't think I'm ready for a new era of grit n grind without z-bo or Tony Allen.

We have this Jah Okafor

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Dang thats a good deal for the Nuggets, essentially just a 2 year deal for Paul Millsap is great. Not sure it puts them in the playoffs though

Minnesota, Utah, Memphis, Denver, New Orleans, Portland, LAC all have serious playoff hopes and just 4/7 are gonna get in. I think they'll be slightly better than Memphis, Portland, LAC and New Orleans.

SpiritOfSanDimas fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 3, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I dont' know what to expect out of the Clippers next year at all, in short periods Paul-less Clippers usually still played pretty well, but that sort of thing rarely holds up over a season.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pelicans are gonna go 98-0 and beat up and foul out other teams every game on their inevitable march to glory, victory, and a championship parade that is somehow still smaller than any given parade with LSU or Saints floats. Asik will win Finals MVP and a mid-season trade will see Austin Rivers winning 6 MotY for them.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
And shortly afterwards, I will die like a heartbroken widow as nothing else in life could compare to the happiness that next season will bring me.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if the Clippers commit to Blake as the focal point of their offense I guess I could see the Clippers sneaking in the back half of the west. but it depends on who else they sign in FA

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Blake inevitably missing 15+ games to injury is enough to sink the Clippers' playoffs chances

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

Blake inevitably missing 15+ games to injury is enough to sink the Clippers' playoffs chances

Most likely it will be just in time to sink their playoff run rather than their playoff chances.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/AlyshaTsuji/status/881547253910880256

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If they did drop conferences at some point, what's the procedure? Would that be the regular summer rules committee or what?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Gabrielle Union roasting her husband is so good to me

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Gabrielle Union roasting her husband is so good to me

He had a bastard child so she gets to roast him as much as she wants.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

Pelicans are gonna go 98-0 and beat up and foul out other teams every game on their inevitable march to glory, victory, and a championship parade that is somehow still smaller than any given parade with LSU or Saints floats. Asik will win Finals MVP and a mid-season trade will see Austin Rivers winning 6 MotY for them.

I was with you until Austin Rivers.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

All i want to know is Hayward, Freon, and James Johnson news. Please WojGod!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Maaaan, the east is bad. Like, I know it's been Lebron's conference for the last 8 years, but for the last two years the bottom end climbed out of the slums and it wasn't quite as embarrassing as the 8 seed Jennings/Ellis Bucks....but now we're right back there, aren't we. Goddamn. I wonder if we can have the 6-8 seeds all make playoffs with losing records. That would be great.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

attackmole posted:

Maaaan, the east is bad. Like, I know it's been Lebron's conference for the last 8 years, but for the last two years the bottom end climbed out of the slums and it wasn't quite as embarrassing as the 8 seed Jennings/Ellis Bucks....but now we're right back there, aren't we. Goddamn. I wonder if we can have the 6-8 seeds all make playoffs with losing records. That would be great.

6th seed? The third seed is going to have trouble getting a winning record!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Hail Satan

Do it GM LeBron make it happen

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Bashez posted:

6th seed? The third seed is going to have trouble getting a winning record!

By the sheer fact that the East plays itself more than the west they're going to have some decent records.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/Espo/status/881724542598619136

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

leftist heap posted:

Most likely it will be just in time to sink their playoff run rather than their playoff chances.

This would be very on-brand.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I am in no way interested in trading for Melo on his current contract

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I was with you until Austin Rivers.

It's OK. Only me and Scott Kushner understand and appreciate him and how lucky we are to watch such a fine young man play this sport of kings.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
LAC lost CP3 because of Austin Rivers lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

The absolute wasteland that is the east, makes Ainge standing pat even worse. How can you just let a real chance to go to Finals pass you by like that?

• Locked thread