Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nobody on earth has ever bought an Amiibo for in-game content

So virtual amiibos are a completely new market?
Ka-ching!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Mace Bacon posted:

Also Mighty Gunvolt Burst is a really cool little game, too. Has anyone talked about it?

Not really, which is surprising to me. I think it's the best non-nintendo title on the console right now. It's very tight and fun, and super replayable.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got the Link amiibo so I could unlock the Fidget Spinner in Hyrule warriors.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
gently caress. A friend left Arms at my place last night and I gave it a spin with regular controls instead of motion.

Ordered it a minute ago. It's way more enjoyable to me with regular controls, and the matches were quick and fun! I lost every one, though, but people have a few weeks of practice on me so that's fine.

Is there a thread for it or should I ask stuff here? I want to gjt decent!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hugoon Chavez posted:

gently caress. A friend left Arms at my place last night and I gave it a spin with regular controls instead of motion.

Ordered it a minute ago. It's way more enjoyable to me with regular controls, and the matches were quick and fun! I lost every one, though, but people have a few weeks of practice on me so that's fine.

Here you go.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820816

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Waggle controls... bad? :eek::eek::eek:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Wheany posted:

Waggle controls... bad? :eek::eek::eek:

:wrong:

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe not bad, I understand the appeal, I've just never been into them too much, it feels gimmicky and I lose interest. Regular controls are good enough that I can enjoy the game without having to use them, and it won me over like that!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yes, I sure as hell didn't purchase these Splatoon amiibo for challenge stages that reward with fancy trivial in-game items and extra minigames.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hugoon Chavez posted:

it feels gimmicky

i.e "bad"

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Regular controls better than motion controls? You don't say :monocle:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Agreed arms needs a demo. I am lukewarm on fighting games, but I do enjoy some. So I want to try before I buy.

An arms demo on Switch would be perfect, Nintendo.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Hugoon Chavez posted:

They were kicking your rear end because you're not good at motion controls, duh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Frankston posted:

Regular controls better than motion controls? You don't say :monocle:

Actually the motion controls on ARMS are better, because you have full control of your ARMS mid-flight. With the regular controller you can only manipulate the last one you threw.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Andrewmd5/status/880932876153475072

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guys, if you are Puyo Puyo Tetris actually on the fence about buying Puyo Puyo Tetris, just buy Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you enjoy Puyo Puyo or Tetris, you will enjoy Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you have no interest in either game Puyo Puyo Tetris, you will probably not enjoy Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you have a double-digit Puyo Puyo Tetris number of plays on the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo, then please just buy Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Puyo Puyo Tetris came out in the West, because fans of the Puyo Puyo Tetris series have been yelling at Sega for years. If you buy Puyo Puyo Tetris, it will let the crotchety higher-ups over there know that Puyo Puyo is a property worth releasing over here and will maybe convince Puyo Puyo Tetris Tetris Company to stop working with people who make their game lag and stay Puyo Puyo Tetris with cool people who make their game Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 3, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Trash man doing a heckin SCAM o this communty

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Efficient German Engineering! :eyepop:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Guys, if you are actually on the fence about buying Puyo Puyo Tetris, just buy Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you enjoy Puyo Puyo or Tetris, you will enjoy Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you have no interest in either game, you will probably not enjoy Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you have a double-digit number of plays on the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo, then please just buy Puyo Puyo Tetris.

PPT came out in the West, because fans of the series have been yelling at Sega for years. If you buy PPT, it will let the crotchety higher-ups over there know that Puyo Puyo is a property worth releasing over here and will maybe convince Tetris Company to stop working with people who make their game lag and stay with cool people who make their game fun.

Is there a proper endless Tetris mode in it that I could select from the start menu? I've come to enjoy vs Tetris via the demo but no classic mode = no sale for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NofrikinfuN posted:

Is there a proper endless Tetris mode in it that I could select from the start menu? I've come to enjoy vs Tetris via the demo but no classic mode = no sale for me.

There is, in fact, direct options from the start screen to jump right into endless Tetris or Puyo Pop.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Has Been Heroes is $10 at Gamestop already. Must have bombed.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want to buy puyo puyo Tetris, but not for £35.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There is, in fact, direct options from the start screen to jump right into endless Tetris or Puyo Pop.

Yeah there's basically a gently caress You Give Tetris button and it kinda rocks

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

NofrikinfuN posted:

Both Endless Puyo and Endless Tetris are available from the in-game main menu under Solo Arcade. You can also experience Fusion there, which has both Puyos and Tetrominos on the same field and emphasizes getting quick combos for garbage blocks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Has Switch got any games since MK8DX? Wanna blow the dust off this beast soon.

Breath of the Wild Master Mode is a brand new game.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

This disgusts me in how much I want it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Has Switch got any games since MK8DX? Wanna blow the dust off this beast soon.

Splatoon comes out soon, I think. You can get a swifter and Splatoon package together for a good deal.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

C-SPAN Caller posted:

This disgusts me in how much I want it.

This would be PC Overwatch streamed to Switch? If so, have fun getting thoroughly owned.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is the Dreamcast can do cross platform Quake then the Switch can definitely do cross platform Overwatch!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Wheany posted:

This would be PC Overwatch streamed to Switch? If so, have fun getting thoroughly owned.

You'd probably be serviceable on Winston, Rein, Sym, Mercy (at least healing), and Lucio (depending on your comfort with needing to see where you're going to ride).

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

In America for holiday and I'm tempted to buy a bunch of Nintendo store cards

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dugong posted:

In America for holiday and I'm tempted to buy a bunch of Nintendo store cards

hold on to your cash, Nintendo is dead.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does Splatoon 2 really not have games during the loading screens? I liked those stupid games.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Wheany posted:

No I want a port with gyro controls but this picture of it being streamed just reminds me of it more.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I want to say that the option to play tetris is not endless. I feel like it stopped my when I got to level 15 and it bummed me out and I haven't play it since.

Also that Andrew Sampson guy needs to stop getting my hopes up for something that will never be allowed on the eshop. If that app thing ever is officially released and sanctioned by Nintendo I will buy 3 animal crossing Amibo. Go ahead and toxx me. I dont give a heck.

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 3, 2017

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Zaphod42 posted:

Even better we should just port N64 The New Tetris to Switch Virtual Console.

Because that's the best loving Tetris there ever was and for some stupid reason they won't implement Square Tetris rules in modern Tetris games. gently caress, Square Tetris is easily 10x more fun than standard Tetris.

Agreed square mode is best and The New Tetris had the best music of any video game ever.

I love the swtich pro controller but the dpad is super poo poo for puyo tetris for some reason. Maybe my two pros are just borked though. Pls recommend me a good dpad for puyo tetris goons.

KingEup fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 3, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/881710210166824960

If we get Bayonetta1+2 on Switch I will mark the gently caress out.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Get the gunwitch on the Switch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pierson posted:

https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/881710210166824960

If we get Bayonetta1+2 on Switch I will mark the gently caress out.

Nintendo give me the crazy big titty hair anime lady on the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Bayonetta 1 and 2 for switch hinted at today by platinum games. I will buy this and play bayonetta for the first time.

EDIT: And beaten

• Locked thread