Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If the tournament ends up being shorter than the pre-tournament arc I will riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

lezard_valeth posted:

Slice of Life filler is also a safe bet in small doses like what Soul Eater or Code Geass did. Dragon Ball Z sometimes went overboard with it, specially so during the beginning of the Majin Buu arc.

Super filler is at it's best when doing comedic Slice of Life, whereas the weakest filler is the magic water one which had everyone tired by the end of it's 2nd (out of 2) episode.

I have a real soft spot for the Gohan/Videl stuff at the start of the Buu saga for some reason, to the point that one of the reasons I hate the rest of the arc so much is because Buu barges his way in on the cute love story, so that Videl is sidelined for the rest of the arc with nothing to do and there isn't even any proper payoff to her and Gohan's whole thing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

All the time Vegeta spends punching the blue guy is time he won't spend getting his rear end kicked by magical girls, so it's just smart strategy.

I can't wait for Vegeta to get owned by RiBrienne and all the power level fans having an aneurysm over it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

a cartoon duck posted:

I can't wait for Vegeta to get owned by RiBrienne and all the power level fans having an aneurysm over it.

I mean, not sure why it would cause aneurysms. We've never seen her fight before and Toppo was equivalent to SSB as well. No reason she couldn't be.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Covok posted:

I mean, not sure why it would cause aneurysms. We've never seen her fight before and Toppo was equivalent to SSB as well. No reason she couldn't be.

Your heart already knows the answer.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Momomo posted:

Yeah, yeah...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p40p3frdZ8

It's this.

It's always this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

It wouldn't even be the first time that happened to Vegeta

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I tried watching Dragon Ball Super over the weekend and apparently MHA and Dragon Ball Kai spoiled me because these first 8 episodes have been like 70% filler and I just want to shoot myself.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

I tried watching Dragon Ball Super over the weekend and apparently MHA and Dragon Ball Kai spoiled me because these first 8 episodes have been like 70% filler and I just want to shoot myself.

:getin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

watch the movies, then skip to around when the tournament with universe 6 starts. the first few arcs are just retelling battle of gods and resurrection f

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Manatee Cannon posted:

watch the movies, then skip to around when the tournament with universe 6 starts. the first few arcs are just retelling battle of gods and resurrection f

I'm only watching the dub. Is the tournament after season 1? That's all that's dubbed so far.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah sorry season 1 is just Battle of Gods. Either catch subs it wait for it to get to season 3.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

:thunk:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

It wouldn't even be the first time that happened to Vegeta

18 beating Vegeta like a red headed mule was the highlight of that whole arc.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope Ribrianne Caulifla and Kale beat a bunch of people and make nerds mad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

I hope Ribrianne Caulifla and Kale beat a bunch of people and make nerds mad.

Are there msygonist DBS nerds who are annoyed they're women fighters?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Oh you sweet summer child

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Covok posted:

Would you really be surprised?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm expecting somebody here is gonna be willing to take a cheap shot on someone transforming, and the magical girls waiting until the scrum to suit up seems like it'll lose Ribrianne at least one of her crew.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Covok posted:

a vast majority of the fans loving hate women and jerk off to Videl being beaten up and would loathe to see a single one of them fight and hold their own against Power Levels

same poo poo different shonen

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

I'm expecting somebody here is gonna be willing to take a cheap shot on someone transforming, and the magical girls waiting until the scrum to suit up seems like it'll lose Ribrianne at least one of her crew.

This already happened this episode they got hit by the Robot, and Halles complained about it attacking them before they transformed.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I love how a lot of fighters will get hosed up and lose because they still don't seem to get this is a fight for their absolute survival and right to exist, and they will be EATEN ALIVE by the ones who do get that and don't hold back a single percent from the start

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the ones that win in the end are probably gonna hold back at the start because otheriwse they end up like golden freeza in rof

kinda expect jiren and the pride squad to win in the end and have all the universes saved by making the tournament annual or something

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I super duper want the Pride Troopers to win, legitimately and not fooling around at all. I want Goku to try his best and come up short against Jiren, to continue to motivate him to push further.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's something weird about being transferred next to the God of your universe and having to watch the hope of your universe fade.

Covok posted:

Naruto Kai would, Shippuden and OG together, last a grand total of 200 episodes. 100%.

Yeah. Naruto Shippuden is one of my favorite animes except for the fact that the filler was awful, and the excessive use of flashbacks that sometimes would cover half an episode or more. Naruto Kai would easily be under 200 if done right.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

I super duper want the Pride Troopers to win, legitimately and not fooling around at all. I want Goku to try his best and come up short against Jiren, to continue to motivate him to push further.

Can't be motivated to do much if you're dead and erased from existence.

The Pride Troopers will win and uphold justice, destroying the evil Universe 7 and the multiversal genocidal monster Son Goku.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Jiren is going to realize Goku didn't mean for any of that poo poo to happen and beat his rear end anyways

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Jiren is going to realize Goku didn't mean for any of that poo poo to happen and beat his rear end anyways

All along it was a staged intervention for Goku's punchproblem

Time is gonna run out and they're all gonna jump down to surround him and show him why his addiction is bad as the walls fall away and reveal they never left U7

Nobody told Freiza

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Black August posted:

a vast majority of the fans loving hate women and jerk off to Videl being beaten up and would loathe to see a single one of them fight and hold their own against Power Levels

same poo poo different shonen

I feel like that is an overestimation of the number of fans who do that

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stallion Cabana posted:

They will win and as the true heroes of Space/Time they will wish to make all the universes to be deleted merge into one to save those infinite lives.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Sadly it only takes a couple

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They will win and as the true heroes of Space/Time they will wish to make all the universes to be deleted merge into one to save those infinite lives.

this is how I see it going. Either Goku or the Pride Troopers doing it, and I just don't see Goku being the one that does it, though I guess it could happen. I'd like for Goku to have to realize there's more things to think about then Punching, even though Punching things is Good And Cool.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

11 gods of destruction sharing a single universe sounds like a bad idea.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TFRazorsaw posted:

11 gods of destruction sharing a single universe sounds like a bad idea.

It's 8 Universes that are in the tournament since the top 4 got exempt and they've got 8 universes worth of planets to deal with so basically all the loser gods will become middle management to the winning universes Gods.

Berrus and Champa having to answer to a literal clown is a bit too good for Toriyama to pass up.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Just fuse all the GoDs together into a big mess

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Beerus effectively becoming King Kai in the deity hierarchy would be hilarious

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

People really hated Caulifla after one episode where she slaps away Goku's hand and made typically saiyan trash talk despite her being the new waifu just two episodes earlier.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

The most interesting thing about the Pride Troopers is that it kind of comes across that Universe 11 is just as much of a shithole as Universe 9, but the Pride Troopers are just constantly going out and doing whatever they can to keep it alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

khwarezm posted:

People really hated Caulifla after one episode where she slaps away Goku's hand and made typically saiyan trash talk despite her being the new waifu just two episodes earlier.

Who are these "people"? Is this measured in reddit upvotes or something?

• Locked thread