Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the middle of the Josh bashing session they say that Josh says offensive stuff (I haven't noticed much, just dumb stuff) and they try and get him to repeat it to call attention to it and get him in trouble.

Jessica: What you said this morning wasn't that great either.
Cody: You talking about "Tranny"?
Jessica: Oh God, stop.
Cody: I don't give a poo poo! They can [cut off?] their dicks all they want. Do you really think they're going to loving come after a Marine Corp Infrantyman for saying the word tranny?
Paul: I'm just going to drink my coffee.
Jessica: I regret bringing that back up.
Mark: Its entertaining.

Having finished tolerating bigotry they go back into another half hour of Josh bashing. Its largely driven by Paul and its worth noting that this is what Paul did all last season. Michelle, Tiffany, Natalie, Bridgette. His game was all about getting everyone bashing and bashing one person and just worked up into a frenzy so they can't think of anything else.

The Josh bashing shifts to Jillian bashing. Then they talk about sending Kevin home to his family and Paul sticks up for him staying. Mark asks if they're cool with Kevin and Ramses as "the 11" after their "9". Paul says Ramses and Cowboy are the same to him and Jessica says Cowboy's gone this week. Paul asks if she's sure and Jess says Cody hasn't told him anything. She says all he's said is the list of who he trusts and Alex is on it. Paul's quizzing Jessica on what Cody is doing and she says she's 85% its Jason. The conversation shifts to more Temptation/Curse speculation and Paul trying to manage that. Kevin comes up to tell the HOH crew that Josh asked Cody if the Marines are "the guys who don't fight in the war" which starts a whole new round.

Meanwhile downstairs Alex walks by and whacks Jason in the leg toppling him over. Then starts play fighting with Cody.

Alex: You hit them once in a balls and it makes them mad, then hit them a second time to take them down.
Kevin: She's a little toughie. Imagine her being your wife? When you come home late, she'll kick your rear end.
Jason: If its an endurance comp she'd probably win the son of a bitch.
Cody: Its blowing my mind. That chick is Wonder Woman, dude.
Jason: She is.
Kevin: No doubt. Its deceptive. Motherfucker. When she stood up there for an hour and forty minutes, shoulda known better.
Cody: I'm pretty sure she intakes like 10,000 calories a day, is hopped up on Coca Cola and for some reason she still looks amazing.
Kevin: Keeps it interesting, doesn't it?
Cody: I love it.

I think Jessica might have a point about Cody/Alex. And the whole time this is happening the HOH crew is watching on the TV freaking out and saying how much Alex has to go home.

Turbl posted:

It's hilarious to me that Cody seems to have this goofy little crush on Alex. I think he really likes that she gave him a run for his money in that safety comp and her telling him to eat poo poo.

That's it totally. He loving loved "eat poo poo". Then she beats him in the POV? This is like the opposite of the usual alpha male thing. This scrappy, ballsy, poo poo talking little girl is kicking rear end and Cody loving loves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Paul i'm not sure it's great gameplay to talk endlessly how you played such a great game. Everyone in there looks like they are loving sick of listening to this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

Paul i'm not sure it's great gameplay to talk endlessly how you played such a great game. Everyone in there looks like they are loving sick of listening to this.

Well he's been doing this same rant for a few hours straight...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would hate living with Dom more than Josh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul's STILL screaming about last season (everyone has run away besides Ramses) and now he's ranting about hate he gets online and why "oval office" is a totally suitable word. "And Michelle said she was being a oval office!" Like, a 10 minute rant about "oval office."

Now he's ranting about people calling him a racist for calling James a "little Korean man." He sounds deranged.

Jason tells Alex that his gut's telling him Paul is the nom. Alex thinks they should keep Paul in the game because he's good for them. She says it would be tough if its Paul/Jillian. Says Jason will beat Jillian if he goes up. Jason says he's talking to Cody up in the morning and he has a "trick up his sleeve." Jason asks why Alex didn't let him win POV and but she says she didn't know his score and the HGs wouldn't tell her. Alex thinks Cody threw the POV so Alex could win so he could backdoor someone. This might actually be true if Cody's been thinking Paul this whole time.

Dom did a "show" for After Dark. It was stupid as they almost always are, but the interesting thing is that the "audience" of it was Kevin, Paul, Christmas, Jason, Alex, Jillian, and Ramses. It was dumb but they were all having a laugh and making the best of it. While this is happening Cody/Jess, Mark/Elena, and Raven/Matt are all on the other side of the house rolling their eyes and acting too cool for it. After awhile Mark is called in for Dom to "interview" him and Elena, Matt, and Raven go to watch now that their friend is involved. Cody and Jessica skip it entirely.

This HOH couples crew are in power and have spent the whole week letting the social dynamic revolve around them, and particularly Cody. But that's what happens in Week 1. Its two weeks where someone is HOH and doesn't end their nomination power until Day 12 or 13. Without that power to demand people focus on the HOH and his friends this house's social dynamics could look very different.

Alex tells Jillian she thinks Paul is the replacement nom. She thinks the showmances might be scared of him. Jillian isn't sure she could win that vote (me neither). Alex says Cody wouldn't do it if he didn't have the votes. Sure, that's logical and how it usually works.

Christmas and Paul do a "show", which sucks, but reveals that her name is "Christmas Joye" because she was born on Dec 20th and... that's it. Which is a disappointing explanation to question I had. She went by "Joye" until college. That's boring but it answered my questions. Also Paul thinks you should have ham on Thanksgiving, so another reason to hate him.

Mark's pissed off because they asked him "showmance" questions during the "show." Because apparently he thinks no one noticed Elena shoving her breasts in his face, grinding on him, and grabbing his crotch all the time? Dom seems to be instigating it as she seems to have been. Matt is confused, as I am.

Mark goes to HOH and tells Cody he really wants to talk game. He says he was talking to Dom and people are worried about the couples. He complains about Christmas asking about showmances. Dom comes in. Cody says tomorrow he's going to make deals for the couples and Dom. Jess comes in. Mark and Dom end it rather suspiciously and Jessica notices. Someone finally got Cody to have a game talk and it got messed up.

Mark and Dom. Dom wants to know if Cody is really planning to take the couples far. "That's five people? Seven?" Dom doesn't like this and Mark doesn't have answers. Mark, "I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow with the Veto." Dom dances around the obvious problems with this but doesn't say it. Mark's really pissed off at Matt too for something he said. Mark's kind of quietly melting down and says he "hates them more than anything." Mark doesn't know what Cody's doing tomorrow but he hopes its not Cowboy or Ramses. Dom says Matt's changed "in the last couple of hours." Elena calls up to Mark and he says he's playing chess with Dom (pieces aren't moving). Dom points out that its becoming a problem. Now Mark's mad at Jessica. Mark hates his entire alliance now. She wasn't even in the room.

Mark: I hope he [Cody] screws up.
Dom: Oh, he's going to.

Cody tells Jessica that they might have to keep Josh as a shield for the couples. He promises to tell Jessica all about his game "after the show", which may be the funniest thing I've ever heard on BB.

Jason tells Paul that Jessica was mocking him and he thinks Cody is going to backdoor him!!

This game is alive!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While the game is going crazy Jessica is telling Cody that eventually Alex's metabolism will slow down and she'll get fat.

While Dom and Mark continue to whisper at the chess board Elena is sitting in the kitchen alone with a clear view. Now Mark says if Ramses or Jason don't go up tomorrow he's going to "erupt." I guess Mark's "calmed down" enough that he's back on "The Nine" and he says he'll stick with that until he finds out someone isn't. Then he'll "erupt." Dom says he "can't let them see you sweat" which is a nicer way of saying "calm down and stop acting loving crazy." He's "seen the true colors" of Christmas, Elena, and Matt. Dom starts back up with the "Cody likes me so Jessica might be jealous" thing which has me very confused. She's saying something about how Mark and Cody can't choose her over Elena or Jessica in the game if they want something out of the house.

Mark: For me the game just started.
Dom: The game started 3 days ago.
Guys, the game started 11 days ago.

Now Jessica's mad at someone. Oh, its still just Alex. Nevermind. Jess says she can understand Cody wanting her around because she's a fighter and not a floater. Cody confirms. Jessica says she understands that but the game is more than that. Jess is riled up that Alex said she likes guys more than girls because girls are drama. Jess thinks its "obscene" to "disregard your own gender" like that. Jessica's kind of a head case too.

Dom tells Mark that God sent her to him. She's riling him up further against Elena and Christmas. Dom says she gave her word to Christmas but then she saw what she was doing. She says Ramses and Christmas both asked about Dom/Mark. This too is a stressful revelation to Mark because apparently he thought this was smooth too. Dom says Elena likes Mark. They both like Paul but think Paul/Cody will be an issue (snicker). Dom's saying weird things I don't understand again. Mark thinks he's screwed because of how out of control of his emotions he is, which is the smartest thing he's said.

Dom: You hate fakeness, so what are you doing with Elena?
Mark: I don't know!

Mark says he needs Elena for game but she won't open up to him personally. He says 1-on-1 with Elena is real but the show they have in the house is a showmance. Dom tells him to talk to her and she's been hurt. This talk is going on a loooooooong time with everyone in the house aware of it, especially Elena. They keep going in circles.

Alex and Jillian are talking about Jess's breasts, so its two way cattiness.

Elena, Christmas, and a blow dryer have an intense conversation about something. I think I heard Ramses' name. I think Elena mentions the marathon Dom/Mark talk. Elena says Cody is "simple minded", but not in a stupid way. She thinks Cody is protectiver of her because they're from Texas. Dom comes by and fucks with Elena saying the night has been "very enlightening."

Mark complaining to Paul that people are messing up "The Nine." Paul doesn't know who he's talking about but Mark doesn't want to say names. Mark says he feels blindsided. Mark says its people asking questions about him and Elena. Paul says he was trying to divert it because he could tell Mark was uncomfortable, and Mark says he knows he did. Mark says people were bringing up personal stuff in the group. Paul says he shouldn't open up to people because they'll use it against him. Paul wants him to open up to him but Mark says he's close to "certain people." I think he means Christmas. Mark finally says "Christmas and Matt." He's upset that Christmas asked something about how he treats women and Matt asked if he'd be with Elena outside the house.* Mark spills everything to Paul and says that when they get down to "the nine" he'll reveal his "true emotions" and Paul will be with him. Paul says him and Mark are "mamma's boys" and emotional and just the same. Paul's doing a good job as he usually does when he's not going crazy and winning Mark over as a loyal soldier. Mark says he was worried to tell him because he's close with Christmas, but Paul says he's not and he's worried people are seeing them as a showmance. Paul tells Mark that if he feels himself losing control to come to him but if he blows up Paul has to walk away. He tells Mark NOT to talk to Elena and stirs up his "the girls will gently caress with you" stuff some more.

Paul: People are going to start blowing their own poo poo up.
Mark: Hopefully its not me. Maybe its meant to be. Maybe I needed this one on one talk with you.

I think if you locked me in a room with Mark for 30 minutes I could convince I was sent from God for him. Meanwhile Paul just found a big dumb meathead he can control. He loves those.

*I think I figured this out. When Mark went to do the interview Elena was left with Matt/Raven and Cody/Jessica. They had a quick conversation where Elena revealed her insecurity that she worried Mark might only be interested in her because she's the best of limited options. Matt then went and asked if Mark would be interested with her outside the house. Then afterwards Elena said to Matt that its funny he asked that right after their conversation. Mark assumes that Matt was loving with Elena saying that Mark wasn't interested, when it was the other way. Which all could have been resolved if Mark talks to his girlfriend.

Over on that other show Cody tells Jessica he has a kid.

Alex tells Jillian and Kevin she wants to hide under the HOH bed and listen to conversations. Jillian thinks its against the rules. I'm pretty sure James or someone did it. Jillian fishes to see if Kevin would keep her "even if your best friend is up" but Kevin plays hard ball asking who is best friend is and Jillian won't say Paul.

Cody promises to not make Jessica laugh when he says offensive things. She asks if he's planning to say worse. He's non-committal.

Paul asking Jason why he thinks he's getting backdoored. Jason says he thinks Jessica was mocking him when he was telling a story about Josh, but Paul thinks he was mocking Josh. Jason doesn't know but Paul tells him not to get paranoid.

Alex: You know what, now I'm watching live feeds! There's a lot of poo poo going on!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody's rambling about PETA death camps. Now Cody's saying he wants to go on the block next week as the pawn to win the POV. He really wants to play in the spelling comp because he has a word no one can trump. Jessica asks about the Mark/Dom conversation she walked in on, but calls her Da'vonne. She says that's the second time today. Cody blows off the conversation as "just another piece in the puzzle." Cody says he appreciates the "blind trust" she's giving in him. She says if it doesn't work out she'll shove her foot up his rear end. Jessica says that people trust him but they're confused by everything he's doing.

Christmas awkwardly apologizes for "busting up" Mark and Elena while playing pool with them. Mark says its fine and "people wanted to know." Matt and Elena have an awkward conversation about their relationship and opening up more to each other and Elena's insecurity that Mark's settling for her. I glossed past all of this as I dozed off (SLEEP!). Christmas also seemed freaked out by things but I didn't catch her saying anything specific.

I just got out of bed to post this.

Cody tells Jessica that Paul and Christmas are the people bringing anxiety and paranoia to their group and sewing distrust. This seems to be setting up for the Paul nomination but its the first real sign (besides Mark's insanity earlier) that Christmas is in trouble. Jessica seemed troubled by this but only stuck up for Paul, not Christmas.

This is a problem for Christmas. If Cody puts up Paul, he uses the Pendant, and Cody has to put someone else up it sure seems like Christmas would be the likely option. I have no idea how that vote would go but I could definitely see her losing it. But there's still the question of Ramses' Curse and the feedster theory that he goes up if Paul uses the Pendant. Which I think is the best chance to Save Christmas.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
You are doing the Lords work

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Has anyone ever dumped their showmance and started another one. As I would laugh if Cody dumped Jess to chance Alex.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
It seems pretty clear to me now that OTT was not watchable for me because of the lack of STAC Goat play by plays. Thanks for the work that you do. :unsmith:

Also, did Jessica have no reaction to Cody having a kid?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She had a pretty normal reaction. "Really?" Giggles. Joking she had one too. Seemed like a basic getting closer showmance conversation. I was just more interested in Mark's meltdown. Going back over some stuff it looks like during that conversation Cody admitted he actually did make a safety deal with Alex during the apple comp after "eat poo poo" which explains why he's been so weird and she's so mad. Also I guess he gave Jessica the hints that Paul and Christmas were not in his trust circle.

The kitties are back so POV Ceremony time!

Looks like Cody made his deal with Jason before them so its definitely Paul/Christmas. Should be interesting.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Really hoping for Paul and the ensuing fallout.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lol first video back is Alex saying to Paul "You on board for breaking up the showmances?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We're back!

Cody's pissed off. Paul is justifying lying about his power.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody: Three weeks of safety! loving assholes!

Christmas pissed off calling Cody a "loving liar" so she's definitely up.

Dom telling Paul she had no idea. Jess says she found out yesterday. Christmas bursts in furious. Jessica tells them not to turn on each other, which is hilarious. Josh is hilarious in the room. Jessica says she didn't know its going down. Paul says he was "hosed by the team" and has to play a different game.

Dom: I knew nothing about this.
Paul: Everyone's going to know nothing about this.

Alex, Jillian, and Ramses are happy.

Christmas is LIT. I love her.

Jessica: gently caress, guys.

Cody: All he did was gently caress over Christmas.
Yeah, Paul hosed Christmas.

Jessica: We're going to have to start from scratch with the plan.
Christmas: gently caress his plan.
Jessica: Our plan.

Christmas: Josh, no offense, this not about you. You're safe. Get out of my loving face!

Christmas: This is not the military! This is not a dictatorship!

Jessica is trying to get answers from Cody and she gets nothing satisfying. He's complaining about the Pendent and doesn't think Paul should be allowed to play in HOH. Jessica says she doesn't know how to feel. Says she's angry at Paul for lying and angry at Cody for ruining the "peace in the house." Cody defends himself and Jessica says he looks like he's playing both sides.
Cody: Hopefully that makes me the target.
Jessica: Yeah, I think that's pretty clear right now.
Cody storms away from Jessica.

AMAZING!!!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Insanity, yay.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I mean Cody ain't wrong, it's bullshit that Paul has secret safety that caused him to hurt his game.

OTOH, there's no guarantee his backdoor would have even worked since he didn't get his alliance on board, and he burned his whole alliance doing it.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

YES! This is what I wanted! :munch:

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Paul is convinced that a bunch of people knew ahead of time, which is true like 99% of the time someone gets backdoored, but I'm pretty sure no one but Cody really knew.

If he doesn't figure things out quickly, he's wasting an opportunity to turn the Mark/Elena/Matt/Raven group against Cody.

It sounds like maybe even Jessica won't vote out Christmas.

rafington fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 2, 2017

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Thank you Cody for your crazy plan.

Paul's temptation thing seems way too good though. I feel like his safety should be used up once he has had to use it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica tracks down Cody who is angry exercising.

Cody: All you should feel towards me is trust.

Jessica: You're really selfish.

Cody insists he had to take the first shot.

Paul asking why Christmas and him got linked. Christmas says he's gotta ask Cody because she doesn't know.

Jessica: You understand if you want Christmas gone its up to the votes. You need to do some damage control.
Cody: There's nothing I can do. Its out of my hands.

Christmas comes out to angry exercise too.

Jessica: I'm going to go change. Can you not do anything stupid?

Now Paul's out.

Cody: The second you didn't give me [a Friendship bracelet]...
Paul: Is that really it? Really? Come on, man!

Cody just insisting that Paul was coming for him (which he wasn't) and Paul saying he wasn't.

Jessica's trying to hold the group together. Matt and Raven say they can't trust Cody now. Jessica says she should have realized this last night because Cody was hinting to him. Elena says she's not voting Christmas out. Raven agrees and says Jillian's gone. Matt says Cody pulled Cowboy and Alex up today and he's working with the other side of the house. Raven is PISSED.

Eltoasto posted:

I mean Cody ain't wrong, it's bullshit that Paul has secret safety that caused him to hurt his game.

OTOH, there's no guarantee his backdoor would have even worked since he didn't get his alliance on board, and he burned his whole alliance doing it.

Yeah, Cody got screwed but he also screwed himself by backstabbing his ally in Week 1 and blindsiding his entire alliance by putting up maybe the most well liked person in the house.

rafington posted:

Paul is convinced that a bunch of people knew ahead of time, which is true like 99% of the time someone gets backdoored, but I'm pretty sure no one but Cody really knew.

If he doesn't figure things out quickly, he's wasting an opportunity to turn the Mark/Elena/Matt/Raven group against Cody.

It sounds like maybe even Jessica won't vote out Christmas.

Yeah, no one knew. Paul's totally justified in assuming they did but they didn't. He just doesn't realize how crazy Cody is, and how could he? Logic is everyone's lying to him.

Like, Paul spent all last season telling people he didn't know about blindsides when he did.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Voiceover guy is going to start rolling out all of the Christmas puns earlier than I thought he would this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WE MUST SAVE CHRISTMAS!

THIS IS TRULY A NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

WHO WILL BE EVICTED? CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

I laid in bed last night just thinking of nothing but puns.

Cody and Paul babbling to each other. Cody saying he has blessings in his life so he's fine going home and he considered that with Paul too as he wants good things for everyone else. Cody says "Mission Accomplished."

Dom, Christmas, Mark, and Raven asking where Jessica stands. Christmas says she might not have known but she never breaks from him. Mark says "for a fact" no one knew and Christmas is lost.

Elena telling Jessica and Matt that they just handed the game to the "floaters." Matt says the one thing he's been basing his game on so far is not lying and now Cody made them all look like liars. Elena rubs her nipples. Raven's back to fume some more. They've occupied the HOH so Cody shows up. Matt doesn't get it, but is a wuss and says "I'm not criticizing, I'm just asking." Cody rambles that if people give him "100% complete trust" and if not he'll "raise holy hell."

Christmas tells Dom Jessica wasn't looking at her or something. Paul and Dom tell Christmas she has their votes and Paul says him and her are together next week.

Mark and Dom have joined HOH. Mark and Jessica are advocating for voting out Jessica and holding the group together against Paul. Matt and Raven don't like it and leave. Elena tries and Mark tries to stop her but she leaves. Mark and Jessica saying they have to vote out Christmas. Jessica doesn't like it but "because what you [Cody] did, we have to." Mark has Cody's back "no matter what." Mark saying they need to clear their heads and get with the program. They say they have to turn Elena to their side to get the votes. Cody saying he made deals to protect the couples and Dom and Jessica points out he's putting Dom in a lovely position with that. Mark says she's not with them against Christmas. Jessica tells Cody Raven's furious at her.

Paul's campaigning with Jason and Kevin to keep Christmas because she's a good competitor and is LIVID gunning for the other side.

Sounds confirmed that Paul is safe for 3 weeks.

Paul bringing up to Elena and Raven that Jason warned him Jessica was mocking him last night. That was nothing, but this is what happens when the HOH lies to his alliance, they all get suspected. Elena and Raven trying to convince Paul they didn't know and Paul says he can't believe he did this without votes and the only thing that makes sense to him is the couples. Raven and Elena can't convince Paul and are frustrated. You can't blame anyone here (except Cody, of course). Elena think she would have been Plan C for some reason. Raven says their group is done and "gently caress Cody."

Paul: There's no way that nobody knew this was coming and there's no way that Jessica didn't know.

Cody told Christmas she "got screwed" when nominating her.

Raven and Elena tell Paul how they and Matt walked away from Mark, Cody, and Jessica. Paul says it speaks volumes that Cody turned his back on 2 allies. Raven says she's done with him. Paul says Cody's speech made it seem like they all were with him (Cody said something about how "in every conversation I have with people there's 2 people stirring the pot".

Mark doesn't care about Christmas, says he came up last night to try and get Cody to target her. They're trying to count votes. Jessica tells Cody to do damage control with Raven. Cody is disinterested and Jessica says "This guy wants me to kill him." Mark says he wasn't that surprised. Mark and Jessica bitching about Matt, Raven, and Elena leaving HOH because "they want to keep their distance." Geez, I wonder why.

Jessica: We have some work to do.
Mark: A lot.

Raven gives Christmas her word on her pacemaker that she has her vote. Matt's 100% too.

Dom joins Cody's Crew and says she's loyal to them but she's not voting out Christmas. Mark says he appreciates that but he asks her not to tell Elena he's campaigning. Mark's real dumb about what he thinks he can keep quiet. Mark's mad that Paul was making such a big thing of trying to figure out who had the Temptation (that was a genuine game mistake by Paul). Cody again saying he made deals with the other side of the house to protect the couples and Dom. Cody says he's fine if they feel the need to distance themselves from him. Dom says she "saw" that Cody was going to do something crazy when she was "reading" (the Bible).

Christmas: Are you kidding me? Paul is your best chance for getting far in this! I mean... that's not why I'm hanging out with him... whoops.

Ramses tells Elena he's voting Jillian out. Says Jillian did too much stuff with Megan and Christmas is a good ally to have.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jason seems like he's pro-Christmas. Telling Paul he's been gunning for Cody since Day 1. He hopes Christmas blows poo poo up. Neither buy that Jessica didn't know. Jessica and Mark are going to super incriminate themselves campaigning for Jillian.

Mark and Jessica campaign to Elena, Matt, and Raven.
Elena: Where are you with this?
Jessica: I'm with Mark.
Elena: gently caress!
They say they HAVE to stick with Cody because they're stuck now. Elena doesn't feel good about voting against Christmas. Elena, Matt, and Raven say they can stick with them after the vote but aren't voting out Christmas. Jessica says she needs Christmas to go. Jessica says Cody promised not to do it again and Matt nearly has to hold Raven back. Jessica says Cody's risking himself for Raven. Elena says she no longer feels safe with their group. Mark acts indignant.

Paul's working Alex to get her on his side. Paul is working hard. Alex is all about taking it to Cody's crew next week. She says she was hoping to throw HOH to Paul so they could keep their words to Cody but Paul points out Cody's broken his word like 3 times in Week 1. Alex says they need Jillian to keep Ramses. Alex tells Paul he has the Curse and Paul lies and says he knew. Alex and Jason say Ramses is saying the Curse can affect them and Paul says that's a lie (he should know WHAT the Curse is if its the consequence of his Pendant).

Cody tells Christmas some random story about the gym. He tells her he put her up because he knew when he went against Paul she'd be with him and that she'd be pissed at him. Says she brings anxiety to the group. Cody whines that all he wanted to do was take out Megan. Christmas says he's been screwed having to nominate 5 people. Cody says his promises of safety only counted for the first set of nominations. Cody is totally timid in this and apologizes for "giving her the indication" that she was safe. Christmas gets emotional and says she has fought for everything and has integrity and was always with the group even if she questioned things. Cody says no one knew about it except him. Christmas hopes for his sake that the group has his back. Christmas says she trusted Cody and it hurts and gets emotional again. Cody says "at a certain point" everyone's going to feel that. Its Week 1. Both agree they want Raven to win the game. Cody says he won't campaign. Christmas asks if the group is collectively voting her out and Cody says "nope, that's the issue for me". He says they're pissed at him and split. They're all saying he destroyed the group. "So you got that going for you." They hug and part amicably.

Mark tries damage control with Paul. Paul says the Cody made deals with the entire other side to protect the couples. Paul thinks the weird conversation they had last night was about Mark knowing her was going up. Mark swears he didn't and he never would have opened up to him if he had any idea. Paul asks where the vote is and Mark lies and says they're confused. Mark looks away when he's lying. SKIPPY LEAVES THIS CONVERSATION TO GO TO ALEX AND JASON!

Alex tells Jason that he and Jillian are "her heart" so sounds like she's a safe vote for Jillian. Alex says she'd never do what Cody did. Elena joins them and Alex expresses sympathy. Jason says he doesn't feel too bad because he thought he was going up, and Elena says she gets that. Ramses showed up at some point. Jason doesn't know who to vote off. Elena says she has no idea what to do with her game. Christmas pulls Jason away and asks for Elena next.

Jason: That shocked the living dog gently caress out of me.
Christmas working Jason. Jason says he made a deal with Cody. Its kind of a lot of just trying to figure out Cody's madness. Jason says he thought the HOH was a snake den and Christmas was one of the snakes. Jason says he's got some mysterious piece of information he almost used with Cody and Christmas tells him to hold onto it. Christmas says the group thought Ramses was the target and says Cody said it (I think that's a lie). Jason says Cody lied and said the group all wanted Jason (the group did). Lots of circles until Christmas gets around to asking Jason who he's voting for. Jason says he has no idea and doesn't know what's going on. Jason asks who Christmas is going after and she says Cody. Jason isn't totally convinced this isn't some weird play and she isn't a pawn. This conversation is a hilarious, incomprehensible mess.
Jason: So you're literally on the block?
Christmas: I want you to watch this when we're done and buy me a drink.

Paul working Matt. Says he did this all last season and I guess he has to do it again. Matt says he's handling it better than he would. Paul points out that his power shouldn't have mattered if they had stayed loyal and says Ramses had the curse but he was already a target, so it didn't change anything. Matt seems ok with all this. Matt doesn't say much.

Mark working Raven. Raven says she's fine going home and fighting her disease, she's done it her whole life. She doesn't humor Mark long. SHe goes inside and runs into Cody and hugs him and tells him she loves him.

Raven and Paul now. Paul says he trusts Raven but asks if she trusts Matt. Raven says Matt knew nothing. Paul asks where the group is and Raven says she doesn't know. She confides that she doesn't trust Jessica, doesn't know about Mark, and trusts Elena more. Raven says she rather give up everything and rather die than vote out Christmas. She says Mark is voting her out (Mark lied to Paul and said he didn't know). Raven and Paul were REALLY unexpectedly close during this, Raven said something about "I trust you for reasons I can't say", and apparently there's a photo of them from the outside floating around.

Mark campaigning to Matt and Raven. Not much to it. Raven and Matt seem set and Mark isn't good at this. He leaves. Raven tells Matt she doesn't trust Jessica. Raven says they gotta win HOH. Matt says he'll win an endurance comp. He's cocky.

Paul and Kevin. Kevin says Paul is what people want to watch "not high school kids rubbing on each other."

Jessica and Paul. Jessica says she loves Paul and won't stab him in the back, she didn't know. Jessica says she knew Cody was against him but thought she had more time to fix it. Paul admits he knows what the Curse is but says it doesn't affect them and the person who has it is already a target on the other side. Jessica's sore about him lying about the Pendant. Paul says he didn't tell her so he wouldn't have to lie to Cody. Paul correctly points out that if he hadn't taken the temptation he'd be going home. Jessica says no matter what happens this week Cody disrespected her and she's taking out Alex next week to disrespect him. Paul asks what the group does next and Jessica says they're split now. Paul asks if there's anyone else expendable in the group and SKIPPY LEAVES!

Dom breaking down with Raven. Oh, she's just praying to God for Raven's health. I'm super over Dom.

WORST WEEK 1 HOH EVER!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meanwhile Kevin shrugs and goes "yeah OK I'll keep Christmas" as he slides closer to winning with minimal effort. I love him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas and Jason are still speaking nonsense. Christmas says she doesn't need an answer now but proposes a "Misfits" alliance. Christmas asks about his deal with Cody and Jason says he just said "the showmances".

Paul and Ramses? Sure. Paul tells Ramses to quit playing so hard because people (Paul) are talking about him gaming hard. They talk about the Pendant/Curse and they should work together. Jason says he assumes Ramses' group knows he has it. Ramses lies and says no one knows. This is kind of interesting because Ramses only told Jillian and Jillian told Alex, Kevin, and Jason. It sounds like Ramses' Curse is he has to go on the block in the next 3 weeks and Ramses hopes he has the votes when he does.

Paul mercifully ends Christmas/Jason. Paul says people are pissed about him taking/lying about the Pendant but Christmas points out that THIS is why he did it. Its tough to argue that logic. Christmas says Cody showed who he is here. Betraying Paul and then Christmas is "guilty by association." "Its his trend." Jason still wants to see who's giving Christmas the cold shoulder this week. Paul says there's a split and Christmas needs to watch out, and she says she knows.
Paul: They think your a poked and prodded pitbull.

Cody and Jessica, and Cody has a poo poo ton of regret about Christmas. Jessica, "If you're telling me you want to keep Christmas I'm going to stab you." Cody says he knows what has to happen. Jessica says she's in a "really weird" position in the house. She's relieved Mark is with them. She says everyone else is emotional but they all know logically Christmas has to go. Jessica and Mark are working under the idea that "WE DREW SIDES AND WE'RE STUCK WITH EACH OTHER." They don't seem to be considering that the house can reform now and leave them in the minority.

Raven joins Paul and Christmas and says she'll stab Matt if he votes her out. Christmas is worried about Matt but Raven says Matt thinks Cody has something with Alex and Jason. Raven thinks they have Elena and Dom with them. She says Mark is worried she'll go after Cody. Kevin busts it up.

Paul tells Kevin they need Christmas. Kevin says some gibberish.

Elena and Mark are in HOH with Cody and Jess and its back to kissing Cody's rear end and bashing Josh. Oh Elena's talking about her breasts.

Paul and Dom. Dom says Cody told her he made deals for the couples and her but she heard it was just the couples. Paul asks why her and Dom says she has no idea. Dom lies and says she's never talked game with Cody and doesn't know why he's so loyal to her. Dom says she thinks Jessica manipulated Cody into this. Dom sucks.

Elena's breasts are gone so Mark and Jessica talk more about how logical and smart they are and how illogical and emotional everyone else is. Mark is mad that Elena doesn't trust Cody and thinks he could have put her up. Cody talks about how amazing and lifesaving his deals with the other side are. Jessica says they were in their group because they thought they were all loyal and the others weren't, so she doesn't trust their deals. Mark whines more about last night's nonsense and Christmas. Blah blah blah. Mark is a super loyal guy, which is why Christmas has to go.

Mark: I gotta ask. What were you thinking? Did you just think we'd all do the same thing and say we have to vote him out?
Cody: I guarantee it would have been a unanimous vote against Paul.
Jessica: Oh, Jesus.

Christmas and Elena. Elena says she had a feeling something was up. Christmas thinks Cody is trying to replace her with Alex in the group. Christmas says its clear Cody has alliances outside the group. Elena says her game involved Paul, Christmas, and Cody so her game has been blown up. Skippy left this conversation for Alex/Jillian? They're saying something about Ramses? Who cares? Ok, back. Raven is trustworthy, Jessica isn't. Elena is hurt and confused. Pull it together and play the game, Elena. Matt joins and Elena's having a meltdown about "what happens next after Christmas stays?" Matt and Christmas say HOH will determine it and Elena doesn't seem willing to accept that their group is dead.

Ramses is in HOH and appears to be telling Cody and Jessica about his Curse. Kitties come back because he's complaining that production won't give him details. They won't stop talking about production so we keep getting cats. Assholes.

Raven, Matt, and Paul have joined Elena and Christmas. Elena's always been with the team and feels caught in the middle. Paul doesn't understand why Cody said Christmas got screwed. Christmas repeats that its "guilty by association" just like with Megan/Alex. Mark is in there now and talk comes up of why Paul took the Pendant. Paul says he saw the writing on the wall and brought it up multiple times. He says he spent all week saying he was worried he was the veteran target. Paul says it doesn't makes sense for Cody to do this if he didn't know he had the numbers. Mark asks Christmas if she'll come after him if she stays in the house. Christmas says yes and she needs the chance to prove that. Christmas says Cody gave her his word and went back on it. Paul emphasizes that Cody is making deals with the other side and lying to them and keeping Jillian gives them another number.

Cody is telling Jessica how he knows exactly what he's doing and is always right. He says people on the other side are more loyal to him and Jessica has a serious reaction to that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh has come to life and he's having a fight with Jillian. Apparently Jillian asked him for his vote and he said something Joshy. Jessica is out to lecture him.

Elena whining to Mark, Matt, and Raven that she's stuck in the middle between her friends. She doesn't want to pick a side and be at risk. Elena says she worries what Cody and Jessica will do if she votes to keep Christmas. She doesn't want Mark going back to Cody and Jessica and telling him this. She's a mess. Oh wait, she's talking about her breasts again. Raven says her heart's hurt. More talk about how Cody is such a great guy and they love him and he had good intentions... too bad he's a lying, backstabber who is working both sides of the house, huh? They're coming around to the idea of keeping Christmas and letting Christmas/Paul go against Jess/Cody while they go after the outsiders. Mark says he's divided on who to vote for.

Matt: I gotta say. They're [Paul and Christmas] both very motivated and I'm not necessarily rooting against them.

Dom promises Christmas she gave her her word and she has her vote. Christmas thinks everyone was blindsided. She thinks Jessica might not have known it but she "wasn't dumb to it" and she's with him. Dom repeats the same poo poo about not knowing what Cody did but "seeing" it. God told her that the House doesn't like the way this went down and all will be targeted. Well, it IS Christmas so I guess if God is gonna go to bat for someone...

Jessica's joined her friends to complain about the outsiders and Josh and say "they're so irrelevant they're making up their own storylines." She recounts her badass dressing down of Josh and Skippy is uninterested and goes up Alex, Jillian, Ramses, and Kevin doing nothing.

Alex says Cody's been hiding in HOH since the ceremony. Yep.

Mark telling Matt he's torn and even if Christmas assures him she's not coming for him she's still coming for her best friend. Matt points out that Jillian is too. Matt forgets Jillian's name because he never interacts with the other side of the house and literally doesn't consider them part of the equation. They all laugh at him. Matt points out that they just exposed their alliance to the other side of the house if they didn't already know. For some reason they're debating the trustworthiness of Ramses.

Josh tells Christmas he's voting to keep her.

Jessica joins Mark and Elena to bitch about Josh and Alex some more. They talk some about the situation and express their compassion for Jessica's terrible position. Then Ramses comes by and Elena calls him in and Jessica lets out an "Oh God." Poor Jessica, being forced to spend time with the peasants since she mad at the King. Ramses leaves and more "we must protect Cody from himself". Jessica pushing that they have to get out one of the threats to him (Christmas). Mark no longer helping with this campaigning. Mark may be turning, or may just realize they're not pushing Elena/Matt/Raven/Dom right now. Jessica's been largely isolated with Cody so she isn't as aware.
Jessica: Its hard to take out someone on our side while there's someone on the other side on the block.
You think?

Jessica goes back to find the Mad King who says he cursed off the DR. Jessica rips Alex a new rear end in a top hat and vows to take her down.

Kevin, Jason, and Josh saying they don't know what to do but you can't blame people for fighting for their lives.

Mark tells Elena that Christmas will probably be safe... which seems like a change. Elena doesn't know if her relationship with Christmas will even be the same now that there's a war.
Mark: Whatever I choose to do on Thursday won't affect us.
Elena: Hopefully.

Things have calmed down so I'm gonna go find out what the gently caress happened with Megan.

Worst. HOH. Ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody confesses to Jessica that he gave up on POV/threw it to Alex. Jessica is NOT happy. She tells Cody that if he ever lies to her about something like that she'll put him on the block herself because she's not getting played on national TV. She also calls Alex "socially immoral" while Cody hopes she can be a role model for people by how tough she is. Jessica got real mad.

Dom tells Jessica she doesn't understand today's move at all. Jessica first agrees but then justifies the move as Cody thought Paul and Christmas were on the outside and it was tough to make so many nominations. Dom says no noone knows who to trust and if Cody wanted to work with the other side he should have talked to "the team" about it.

Dom and Christmas try to work through Cody's sense. They suspect Jessica of having a hand in it. Christmas says there was some kind of drama/meeting last night and Dom lies and says she wasn't part of it. Christmas wonders why if everyone disagrees with what Cody did why isn't Cody the one on the outside? Dom asks who Christmas has and she thinks Dom, Raven, Matt, Paul, Josh, and Kevin with Mark and Elena as uncertain. "But its Sunday."

Paul telling Elena and Mark that Cody gave him no real reason so he has to assume there's more to the story. He says he has three weeks to gather himself and then he'll figure it out based on what happens. He says trust has been hurt and it only gets harder going forward. Mark finds out that Ramses has the Curse and Elena asks him not to share it since she knew for awhile from Ramses. Paul says if there's a power shift next week he has nothing to do with it and he warned them all and its exactly what happened his season (its super not). He says there's no way that if the outsiders win HOH they don't take a shot (and there's definitely no way now that Paul is there to talk to them about it). Says Cody put some kind of emotions (Alex, whatever) ahead of the group and screwed it all up. Paul's got a lot of "I told you so" and condescending that he was trying to coach them not to make the mistakes his allies made last year and "maybe we should listen to Paul" but these guys seem to eat it up.

Jason and Alex say Christmas has to go as they watch her huddled with Paul and the cool kids.

Paul is now basically preaching to Christmas, Matt, Raven, and Elena that Cody doesn't want to be part of a group, he's playing an individual game. Paul asks where Mark is and Matt says he wants to keep Christmas but he isn't there yet. Elena thinks he'll come around with time. Matt talks about how loyal and genuine he is.

Alex and Jillian discuss that they don't know what to think of this. The clique is still acting cliquish and they don't trust any of them. They realize they need to start being nice to Josh because Jessica could just smile at him and he'll vote her way. Jason joins and they all think this is some sort of "trojan horse." They say Jessica suddenly started socializing for the first time in days and it was obvious she was just campaigning and doing damage control. Jason points out Christmas exposed the whole alliance.

Christmas and Paul are left alone. Christmas asks if Paul thinks she's "full of poo poo". Paul says no but if she's going to work with him "don't drop the ball." Paul says if they play together they can gently caress up this game. Christmas says they haven't talked game and she wanted to wait to later in the game but she feels forced up by the actions and wants a F2 with him. Paul says its something they can only really do by solidifying working together through the game. "So take my advice" and he has a "checkmate" move plan for next week. Its an obvious target but in a non-obvious way that will have people scratching their heads. He says they need to create some distance from each other to get the target off themselves. They agree Cody knows he hosed up.

Matt and Elena. Elena says she loves Cody and Jessica but "what he did today doesn't work." Elena says Matt and Raven are the only people in the house she trusts. She says she's not on the same page as Mark and that's concerning. Neither want to "go against" Cody and Jess. Matt doesn't think they'll have to. Elena thinks they can ride the middle for a few weeks. Matt agrees. Elena babbles a lot about relationships and the basic fact that she's have a hard time accepting that "the nine" isn't making it to F9 together. Then she talks about sex. That encourages Matt to end the meeting and say they need to just make sure to pull Mark over to keep Christmas. Elena thinks she might be able to pull Ramses. Elena asks if Matt thinks Cody threw the POV. Matt hesitates a long time and says "its crossed his mind" and he's "having a hard time rationalizing it." Elena says she thought Cody was playing a loyal, straight up game and she was wrong, but she thinks he's loyal to them.

Everything's calmed down now and its going to be nonstop game talks through the week. What I can tell this is the current vote count.

Christmas (to keep): Paul, Matt, Raven, Elena, and Dom
Jillian (to keep): Alex, Jessica, Jason, Ramses, and Mark

Kevin and Josh are wildcards bit Christmas seems confident in both. She's one of the few people who is nice to him so maybe, but its Josh. Kevin is really close to Paul but he's also close to Jillian and Alex. Christmas needs both of them but Jillian only needs one. So its a tough pull.

Then there's the idea of Mark flipping, which I think is reasonably possible. And the outside shot of Ramses because he's a little in nowhere but I get the sense he wants to get in good with Cody and Jessica. But if those two become the minority as the week goes on he might flip. Or he could end up on the block.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'm am REALLY hoping for a close vote this week. After many season's of the obnoxious "I have to vote with the house", I want some close votes.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Just from a game play perspective, I'd like to see them take out the huge loving threat on the block week one instead of the worthless nothing they can take out anytime.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather watch more Christmas than Jillian, but I want to see a house with some big brass balls.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin promised his vote to Christmas and it seemed legit.

Paul's been doing rounds. He's really pushy and leans super heavy on "I'm the vet, listen to me, I know what I'm saying" in a really condescending way. Its worked so far but he's really ramping it up now and eventually its gotta wear on people. But he's feeling good right now.

I flashbacked and the Cody/Christmas conversation right when feeds came back was amazing. Cody tells Christmas that she's distrustful and a problem and she swears up and down she's got no side deals or alliances and has never broke her word. Cody says she never talked to him and she points out that he refuses to talk game so she respected that, because that's what he asked. Cody says he can't tell her how to play her game and that's when it really goes to hell. How about a transcript?

Cody: I can't tell you how to play your game, Christmas.
Christmas: I'm not asking for your opinion on how to play this game.
Cody: And I'm not trying to bring you in and coax you into saying the right things.
Christmas: I'm not asking for that either. I'm saying we sat there... What I'm saying is originally when we sat there you said we can go to jury.
Cody: Do you have any idea how often the plan has changed with my fifth nomination?
Christmas: So stick to your plan! Stick to your word!
Cody: I am sticking to my plan now.
Christmas: By putting me not in jury.
Cody: Please. Give me a break.
Christmas: You give me a loving break. There were two other potential nominations.
Cody: You don't... you don't understand it. Its so far into these nominations...
Christmas: Ok.
Cody: ...that the game has changed so much.
Christmas: I do understand it. I understand that you aren't a man of your word. You're not loyal.
Cody: So says you, Christmas. So says you.
Christmas: Have I loving lied to you?
Cody: Go ahead and play your game.
Christmas: Have I lied to you?
Cody: Play it. We'll see if you get yourself off the block.
Christmas: Have I lied to you?
Cody:...
Christmas: Do you want to answer that?
Cody: I-I-I-I-I can not tell you the individual conversations I've had with people.
Christmas: That's not an answer. Its a yes or no question.
Cody: It is an answer. Because I'm not going to tell you what everyone else is saying to me. I'm not going to say anything.
Christmas: So far. So much respect gone.
Cody: Whatever. So says you.

Cody's gonna be an awesome BB villain.

Teek posted:

I'm am REALLY hoping for a close vote this week. After many season's of the obnoxious "I have to vote with the house", I want some close votes.

Not only a close, split vote... a Week 1 close, split vote. And the HOH's target could stay and leave the HOH and his showmance out to dry!

Worst. HOH. Ever.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jul 3, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul just might have turned Mark. He made a lot of really good points about how Cody screwed them and broke his word and how he never has and Mark was clearly agreeing with it all. He said he wanted to be with Paul he was just dealing with a "personal issue" that Cody is his friend.

Mark is eventually gonna come to peace with the fact that Cody hosed him and its not worth risking his game to stand by him.

Paul also pulled the "America is going to hate you now" card, which I hate him for but which they're going to eat the gently caress up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas keeps up the campaign on Mark (and Elena). All the same stuff about how Cody broke his word. Mark asks Christmas to give him her word that she's not coming after him. Christmas asks if Mark knew anything about her going up, Mark says no, and Christmas says then she's not putting him up and won't until he breaks her trust. Mark gets all squeamish about that answer saying he's worried and Christmas reiterates that she doesn't think Mark had anything to do with it, she trusts him, and he's nowhere on her list. Mark tells her she has nothing to worry about. Christmas hits the main points hard.

"Cody broke our trust and did something selfish."
"Cody is making deals with the other side of the house and protecting them."
"I've never done anything to you and you've never done anything to me, so we're good."

I think Mark is still leaning. He didn't like Christmas' pretty straight shooting that if Mark sticks with Cody and votes her out then he's fair game.

Meanwhile Cody and Jessica are having another passive aggressive fight after Cody reveals that he made deals with Alex and Jason so wouldn't mind them winning HOH. Jessica hates this poo poo but can't make a dent with Cody. Cody's moping that there's "little to no leeway with game trust" and that he's now considered "a liar." He's got a martyr complex that he did this all for the team and he's taking the heat. Jessica's enabling him. Jessica wonders if the outsiders will vote to keep Christmas so she can come after Cody and them. Cody says he doesn't think so and he made pretty drastic moves to win their trust and isn't even sure that worked, so it takes a lot. Jessica calls their side divided and Cody disagrees. Cody says that he had to divide them to see who is truly trusting. Jessica asks if he thought she might leave him over it. He says no but she was real mad about the POV thing. Jessica points out she was right and he lied to her so he tries to semantic why his lie wasn't a lie. Then he admits that when she sees it he said something to Alex too. Jessica cries about Cody's repeated lies and says he's endangering her by keeping Alex.

Elena and Mark are left alone and Mark gets all pissy that Elena says they haven't gotten a chance to talk. Elena doesn't know what he's doing. Mark says "we need to vote together" and "I have to talk with Cody and Jessica" and "I want to keep everyone happy" and "I want to work with Paul". Which all seems kind of impossible together. Elena reiterates her conflicted nature but she's not voting out Christmas. Mark criticizes her for not hearing out Jessica's case earlier for voting out Christmas. Elena says she listened, but she makes the decision on her own. Love Cody, he's awesome, blah blah blah, not voting out Christmas.

Raven tells people that Josh peeped on her in the shower.

Matt and Raven discuss that Christmas and Paul are handling this way better than they would. Me too, probably. I imagine I'd be following Cody around calling him a liar and a man of no honor just to get him to lose it.

Elena: Me and Matt are on the same page.
Mark: Me and Matt are on the same page.
Elena: You are not on the same page.
Mark: You don't think so?

I have no idea who Mark is voting for.

Bed time. Until I inevitably come back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not.

Second straight night the entire house is goofing around telling stories and the showmances make no effort to take part.

Mark pulls Cody aside and tells him that he wants Christmas out but Matt, Elena, and Raven won't flip and were getting nervous about Mark so he has to lie and say he's on the same page with them. He says they don't have the votes for Christmas right now but if they get them he's in. He tells Cody to be careful what he tells Jessica because she "doesn't know." Says he's pissed off at Elena for pushing saving Christmas and getting on the same page. Cody says they don't understand what a good move this was and how great he's in with Alex and Jason. He doesn't think its a big deal if Christmas stays because he can just get Alex and Jason to target Paul and Christmas. Cody claims he never gave Christmas any loyalty and it only counted for the first set of nominations, not the replacement noms. Says there was never a "group" or alliance. Cody basically calls everyone pussies for being scared of the other side and Mark says there's only "one female" to worry about. Mark says he wouldn't have stirred this up so soon, but whatever. Cody claims because Megan left and Alex won POV Paul just moved up the line and its really Week 3 or 4. Mark's saying how good it will be for him to be good with the others so he can protect him and Jess. Cody says the people he trusts/protects are down to Mark and Jessica. Cody says he cut a deal with Alex and she's going to give him her HOH next week and if Jillian goes home he'll just direct her at Paul and Christmas. Mark says he's waiting for Josh to have a breakdown and then he'll make a deal to protect him. He's hoping Josh peeps on another girl so he can cut that deal. He says if Raven, Matt, and Elena find out he voted out Christmas he's in trouble. He's mad at Christmas for saying that she'd be against him if he voted her out. Cody says Alex is way better than Christmas. Cody hopes the fans are pissed off that Paul won the fan vote super power. Cody says if Paul had just been honest and told him he couldn't be nominated then he never would have nominated him, so its Paul's fault and now everyone thinks he's disloyal? Mark says he just made it easier for them to play. Mark says he's shocked people though there was "a nine." Cody says he wants to bring people like Alex and Jason to jury so they can take out Jessica, Elena, and Raven. Mark says Cody is a smart person. Cody thinks even if Paul wins HOH he'll probably cut a deal with Cody.

Downstairs:
Elena: Are you concerned they're still up there?
Matt: It doesn't put me at ease.

Cody thinks it would be cool if they can chill in the middle and let the two sides pick each other off.

Cody: I can look like an rear end in a top hat or I can look like a genius.

Mark says he's going to lay back and not do anything until Wednesday. Cody says he's going to hide in HOH. Mark says they just need one HOH and they can settle it down. Cody wants it to be Alex and Jason so everyone panics and he can be the hero and prove he was right all along.

Matt and Raven tells Dom they need Mark to vote out Jillian. Dom thinks he's going to but Raven's nervous he's been upstairs a long time. Dom doesn't get what Cody did, especially the deals he made. Says it makes her look bad grouping her with the couples. Dom says she would have been fine if "the leader of the pack" wanted to take Cowboy to jury, but not this way. Its sketchy. Dom says Cody wants to flip Alex and Jason to their side and Matt and Raven are indignant. Raven's pissed Cody still won't tell them what's up. Dom thinks those deals already fell through. Matt says you can't make a deal with 8 people's games without even a word.
Matt: I love you, dude, but I want to at least control my own game.
Raven says Jason told her "the nine of ya'll's leader went rogue" so she thinks Cody told him about their group. Dom isn't sure about the votes and Raven reiterates they need Mark and he thinks Christmas will target him.

Mark lies to Elena about the talk with Cody. Says he just talked up that Elena still loves him. Elena doesn't love him speaking for her. Mark claims he told Cody he has to vote out Christmas. Tells the truth that Cody wants Alex or Jason to win HOH. Mark's whining about the showmance talk show poo poo again. He's gonna vote out Christmas because she said he was in a showmance.

Kevin tells Alex, Jillian, Ramses, and Jason that if Alex hadn't won POV none of this would have happened and "They would have just had their backs' scratched and we'd all be down here not getting our backs scratched, balls scratched, nothing scratched!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas has a long talk with Jessica which is ill advised but very ambitious. She basically tries to turn Jessica against Cody pointing out all the obvious true stuff, but still Jessica's stuck.

It did clearly shake Jessica though because she went straight to Cody and recounted it as "We're both targets, the house sees us as the same player, and they're gunning for us." Cody asks who "they" are and Jess says she made it sound like the whole house. Cody laughs at that and says he has the outsiders. He says hilariously after her and Mark he trusts the outsiders more than their alliance. Jess says nothing for a long time and Cody asks if she's stressed. Jess says yes but not for why he thinks, because she doesn't trust the people he wants to align with. Cody says she can align with who she wants and Jess tries to explain why they can't align with opposite sides of the house. Jess says she feels physically sick. Cody says it will be fine and they all have "fear in their hearts."

Jessica: Christmas spent most of the day talking to your side.
Cody: What's my side?
Jessica: The outsiders. And they're not outsiders anymore because they have the numbers now.

Jess says Christmas was upset that Cody had a harder time putting Alex up than her. Cody says he "digs" Alex more than Christmas and she deserves to be there.

Cody: What has Christmas done?
Jessica: What have I done?
Cody: You basically single handidly took out Megan.
Jessica: I regret that.

Jess wants to know where she is on Cody's totem pole. Cody babbles something about showmances and Alex. Jessica rants a little about how much she hates Alex. Jess says Christmas made it clear they're targets which sealed her vote. Cody promises they're all filled with fear. Jess wonders if she can change Elena, Raven, and Matt's minds if she tells them about that conversation (I have no idea why). She says it will show them where their loyalties lie because if they keep Christmas they're against her. Jessica says it would be dumb of them to vote to save Christmas. Jess think she can get a unanimous vote and reunite their seven. She's deluded. Cody says as much. Alex says she can't play this game with the other side, she can't even have a conversation with them.

Cody: I'm going to play to their fears.
Jessica: Jesus Christ! Maybe you don't do anything! We've tried your way.
Cody: I kinda dig it.
Jessica: Oh God. Save me.

Jess reiterates that any doubt she had Christmas pushed away with that conversation. Cody says if it helps she's got the strongest guy in the house. Jess thinks Jason or Alex might take out Josh if they win HOH. Cody says he can make them take out the "untrustworthy." Jess asks who that is and he says Christmas, to which Jess points out they want Jess gone this week.

Cody: Oh, poo poo. I guess just Josh. But then I'm competing in the next HOH.
Jessica: If its mental one you're screwed.

Then Cody admits his age and tells her about his military experience he lied about.

Cody: I also graduated at the top of every military school I went to.
Jessica: Then how are you so dumb?
Cody: I promise I can get myself out of all the situations I'm in. Trump did.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Cody also said on the feeds that when he flew to Ferguson during the riots "just to see if he could survive."

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Oh lord. Christmas was working out this morning and apparently broke her foot. She was yelling and they cut to fish/cats.

Hopefully she'll be okay. But major sad insanity if three people leave the game before the first Thursday eviction.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 3, 2017

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

No! I've been enjoying Christmas :ohdearsass:

I hope it turns out Cody has never been in the military, and he just made the whole thing up.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That would be pretty easy to disprove by now.

If Christmas can't compete in comps properly she is toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Weird, crossfit people don't usually injure themselves

• Locked thread