Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like when Kratos ∞ climaxes all over Persephone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't decide which kind of SNES I want to gently caress

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Bleck posted:

I can't decide which kind of SNES I want to gently caress

The euro one.

Gar
May 13, 2005
I got the Playstation but I still play the Sega
So GameStop has Has Been Heroes for $10... is it worth it?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Golden Goat posted:

I'm sorry did you compare action game God of War to CHARACTER ACTION game Bayonetta?

How dare you, you casul

Let me tell you about the kind of fighting game I like: Imagine having your controller on your knee and using the left hand to move the character around. Then imagine taking a flipflop and mashing that on the face buttons. If you can still win, then that is My Kind of Fighting Game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gar posted:

more like has been game devs

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Bayonetta 2 singlehandedly justifies the purchase of a (used) Wii U and Pro Controller. It's the greatest 3rd person brawler action game ever made and should absolutely be on the switch so people can see what's up.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zaphod42 posted:

Even better we should just port N64 The New Tetris to Switch Virtual Console.

Because that's the best loving Tetris there ever was and for some stupid reason they won't implement Square Tetris rules in modern Tetris games. gently caress, Square Tetris is easily 10x more fun than standard Tetris.

I still habitually make squares when I'm playing Puyo Puyo Tetris. It even makes the sound in my head :negative:

KingEup posted:

Agreed square mode is best and The New Tetris had the best music of any video game ever.

I love the swtich pro controller but the dpad is super poo poo for puyo tetris for some reason. Maybe my two pros are just borked though. Pls recommend me a good dpad for puyo tetris goons.

This man is a Smart Man. He should try using split joycons -- the buttons-as-dpad are extremely appropriate and satisfying for Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Have you played and enjoyed other Clover/Platinum character action games titles such as Metal Gear Rising, God Hand, or Wonderful 101? Bayonetta 2 is the best game they've ever made and it also has competitive co-op online multiplayer.

I played a bit of God Hand at a friend's long ago and it was delightful, primarily for the theme / exuberance / music. How does Bayonetta (/2) compare to God Hand stylistically?

Gar posted:

I dug the game quite thoroughly and got a good 30-something hours out of it. Once you get into the zone it's fairly meditative in the same way that Sudoku or Brain Age were.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Hammer Bro. posted:

I played a bit of God Hand at a friend's long ago and it was delightful, primarily for the theme / exuberance / music. How does Bayonetta (/2) compare to God Hand stylistically?

It's got oodles of style even if the gameplay is much different (and better) then Godhand. Also gunheels

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Not only is Bayonetta's combat more in depth and fun the protagonist isn't a massive boring pile of poo poo like Kratos is. I still don't know how you can take the insanity of Ancient Greek god myths and crank out a story as utterly boring and angst filled as God of War got

My dream Plantinum game would be a Fist of the North Star brawler not gonna lie

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe Platinum is working on HD remasters or something

That would be cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not only is Bayonetta's combat more in depth and fun the protagonist isn't a massive boring pile of poo poo like Kratos is. I still don't know how you can take the insanity of Ancient Greek god myths and crank out a story as utterly boring and angst filled as God of War got

Yeah, stylistically on every level God of War has been one of the most grotesque and dispiriting series for more than a decade, and I shudder to think of the people who find its storytelling appealing. Bayonetta, on the other hand, is rad

The Bloop posted:

Maybe Platinum is working on HD remasters or something

That would be cool

Was Bayonetta not in HD on the Wii U?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just a reminder of how terrible the Wii U was...

The Switch version of Breath of the Wild would be the 9th best selling Wii U game of all time with it's March sales numbers alone.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I like God of War a lot more than Bayonetta but there's room for both excellent franchises. I also like the God of War characters, world, and themes but I'm real glad they're taking Kratos in a more grounded direction for the next one. Being an rear end in a top hat isn't fun if it's a 100% of the time thing. You have to have a balance. Cool dadding in Norse mythology sounds like the absolutely raddest time.

Why are we talking about PS4 games tho

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Hammer Bro. posted:

It's very different in regards to theming and music, but the exuberance is on par/greater in all regards. So while you don't have the same guitar work as God Hand, you'll be flying to the moon or crossing moon river with the same kind of gusto. I guess what I'm saying is that while they have completely different settings and themes, they give you the same kind of feeling where, if you're doing well, you feel amazing and like you're actually performing all the moves yourself instead of just mashing buttons and watching wrote combos perform themselves.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'd like to see Platinum put their trademark character action style into a more open-world setting like Dark Souls or Breath of the Wild.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 3, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I also like the God of War characters, world, and themes

:psyduck:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mahoning posted:

The Switch version of Breath of the Wild would be the 9th best selling Wii U game of all time with it's March sales numbers alone.

The Wii U was good regardless of sales

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

I like God of War a lot more than Bayonetta but there's room for both excellent franchises. I also like the God of War characters, world, and themes but I'm real glad they're taking Kratos in a more grounded direction for the next one. Being an rear end in a top hat isn't fun if it's a 100% of the time thing. You have to have a balance. Cool dadding in Norse mythology sounds like the absolutely raddest time.

Why are we talking about PS4 games tho

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mahoning posted:

and #FE is the number one wii u game all day every day babyyyy

it should be on the switch

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mahoning posted:

There's a lot of ways to quantify how bad the Wii U performed but "a wildly popular and critically acclaimed game from a beloved series made it onto the top ten list within the first month of sale" isn't a great one imo.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 3, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Was Bayonetta not in HD on the Wii U?

poo poo, probably I guess I don't know

Bayonetta DX with nude(r) code

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Atlus/Nintendo please re-release Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the switch, thanks in advance.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Bloop posted:

Bayonetta DX with nude(r) code

When you try to enter the code Bayonetta appears on-screen and wags her finger at the player

orphean posted:

Atlus/Nintendo please re-release Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the switch, thanks in advance.

:yeah:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bayonetta was never not HD.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Phantasium posted:

Bayonetta was never not HD.

:confused:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

poo poo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/881905421971324928
:getin:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

God dammit, Reggie, whose dick do I have to suck to get this released stateside

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Just w8 they'll come

They're just staggering the releases to add excitement, hold your goddamn horses people

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fuuuuuuuuck

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Joke's on you Nintendo, I'm already locked in for two amiibo, Splatoon 2 and the Splatoon Pro Controller that week. I win this round! :shepspends:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gar posted:

Yea, it's not a bad little strategy game. I got like 30 hours out of it before it started wearing thin, and I could see myself going back to it. It only got poo poo on at release because it had severe balancing issues and like 95% of the enemies are variants of a skeleton.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nintendo.

Please.

Dpad Joycon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bayo 1+2 rerelease on Switch would probably be the most money the series would ever make

If any game deserved a a second lease on life it's Bayonetta 2. No idea how the gently caress people put Dragon Age Inquisition over that for GOTY in 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nintendo release white joycons you can draw on.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I owned bayo 1+2 on Wiiu but never played and i will Switch it for the first time, the perfect platform

I own both Bayonetta and W101 on the Wii U but I've been waiting for a good deal before buying the console. I'm still waiting 😐

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

DLC Inc posted:

No idea how the gently caress people put Dragon Age Inquisition over that for GOTY in 2014

EA money is the only possibility.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

DLC Inc posted:

Bayo 1+2 rerelease on Switch would probably be the most money the series would ever make

If any game deserved a a second lease on life it's Bayonetta 2. No idea how the gently caress people put Dragon Age Inquisition over that for GOTY in 2014

"Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are all great games in a year full of buggy, bland, and disappointing games... but are they enough to save the Wii U?"

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Release a right green Reggie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr Cheeto posted:

When you try to enter the code Bayonetta appears on-screen and wags her finger at the player
It's a nude code but it works on everything but Bayonetta :gay:

• Locked thread