Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Of the comics that have had a punchline I think this is the most boring.

Still more entertaining than dumb musical strips or six hundred more "miserable relationship" moanfests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread doesn't deserve Zelda. She's too good and woke for our world.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDmseLGETcM&t=93s

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Aspirin? This guy is clearly in the pocket of the big pharma companies.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Reminder that less than a week ago this guy was crying about how toxic political discourse had become.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Let me reiterate my theory that Varvel wants impeachment so the former Governor of Indiana becomes President.

I obviously can't speak for Varvel specifically, but there is absolutely a faction of conservatives who want Trump out of office (preferably resigning, of course) so Pence can take the reigns. Since the Republicans are in control of all three branches of government, they're also the only hope for anybody who wants Trump gone.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

Why don't you register on gocomics and post that? I'm sure Stannis will have a sudden change of heart thanks to your insightful commentary.

Are you seriously trying to have a go at me for screaming into the wind? You do know what this entire subforum is for, right?

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

For reference here is the plan that Abbott posted on his website:

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've seen impoverished migrants come from overseas and buy a 4 million dollar home in Narraweena right out from under the nose of a white couple who wanted to buy it for themselves. drat these poor muslims who somehow keep buying the most expensive houses in the most expensive areas.

Can Australia not just call a snap election so this fucker can go away? The time is right, just throw him under the bus. Even if it blows up in Turnbulls face, getting rid of that monkey gently caress will be worth it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-20/tony-abbott-polling-data-leak-election-warringah/8458024

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Can Australia not just call a snap election so this fucker can go away? The time is right, just throw him under the bus. Even if it blows up in Turnbulls face, getting rid of that monkey gently caress will be worth it.
They have a majority of one. They are stuck with him until the next election.

There is also a good chance that if the Libs continue to slide in the polls they will panic and replace leaders again.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Every open relationship ever.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

That fuckin' second panel :3:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Trapezium Dave posted:

They have a majority of one. They are stuck with him until the next election.

There is also a good chance that if the Libs continue to slide in the polls they will panic and replace leaders again.

And Abbott will absolutely run again for leader.

There are very good practical reasons to not have an election before mid-August 2018, regardless of any political concerns.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Somfin posted:

That fuckin' second panel :3:

Tove has no lower body.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

pray for my aunt posted:

Tove has no lower body.

Also, Zelda is running around barefoot in what appears to be a bar.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
How did that bottle break?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wow, that art is amazing. These eyes and the body languaje.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

All these years later, I think I can pinpoint the time at which Frank Miller lost his goddamn mind at somewhere between that, and the sequel miniseries. (Probably also after the first bits of Sin City, which narrows it down to approximately 1994 or 1995.)

Groke fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 3, 2017

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

This thread doesn't deserve Zelda. She's too good and woke for our world.

This, but ironically.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'd worship her hairy legs

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groke posted:

All these years later, I think I can pinpoint the time at which Frank Miller lost his goddamn mind at somewhere between that, and the sequel miniseries. (Probably also after the first bits of Sin City, which narrows it down to approximately 1994 or 1995.)

Didn't he lose his mind being in New York on 9/11?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Certainly didn't improve his mental health but think he was starting to go long before then

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Arguably he was never completely sane (even the early Martha Washington stories are pretty loopy) but 9/11 pushed him in a more conservative/racist direction.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

July 4, 1976 - The Greatest Hostage Rescue in History: Operation Thunderbolt: Entebbe Documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3LTfZ1CZ1g
Labels: Entebbe, IDF, Israel, July 4th

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Why is one of the fingers labeled blame?
So we have nothing to blame except blame itself?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fulchrum posted:

Are you seriously trying to have a go at me for screaming into the wind? You do know what this entire subforum is for, right?

http://www.gocomics.com/pricklycity/2017/7/3
(Can't seem to link to comments)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

World Famous W posted:

As another poor slob in the service sector, eat poo poo.

Seriously. You just know Ol' Drinky Duck is one of those people who howls like a beaten dog if he can't get a McMuffin on a holiday and ruthlessly shits on people for serving him on a holiday because they didn't bootstrap their way into politooning

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Doonesbury reruns have hit a storyline which seems relevant to today. (From 1989):

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Prick City is literally "BUT HER EMAILS" as a daily political strip.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May and public spending – Theresa May is facing a chorus of Tory demands for a radical overhaul of state funding for public services as cabinet ministers and senior Conservative MPs back higher pay for millions of NHS workers, more cash for schools and a ‘national debate’ on student debt"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson 'strongly believes' public sector pay cap can be lifted 'in a responsible way'

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Playstation 4 posted:

His approval really is Free Falling though.

Now this is the sort of surface-level pop culture reference I can get into.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

For reference here is the plan that Abbott posted on his website:

I think First Dog's art style is the best in this thread. Every single dog is :3:, even the evil ones.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Yes, single payer means taxes pay for healthcare and not just taxes from schlubby white political cartoonists, contrary to the beliefs of schlubby white political cartoonists.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

Yes, single payer means taxes pay for healthcare and not just taxes from schlubby white political cartoonists, contrary to the beliefs of schlubby white political cartoonists.

PICTURED: the common American Taxpayer, who is broke because his high medical bills have bankrupted him. The single-payer system advocated by the donkey in panel 1 would help this poor man and many more who are even more unfortunate than he. AGC.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's really unfortunate that only 1 person in the US pays taxes. I'm amazed the country survived so long.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Internet Webguy posted:

I mean, who the gently caress else pays for your goddamn healthcare if not a taxpaying entity, nonprofits aside?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

A startling "I'm so mad I have to pay for things" cartoon.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Populism is about convincing uneducated mases that they are getting screwed by blacks/jews/immigrants/tutsi/intelectuals/x. This distract people from the real thieves, but also make people easy to control. It sometimes end with a lot of people murdered by normal folks.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Tei posted:

Populism is about convincing uneducated mases that they are getting screwed by blacks/jews/immigrants/tutsi/intelectuals/x. This distract people from the real thieves, but also make people easy to control. It sometimes end with a lot of people murdered by normal folks.

Unfortunately those murdered are usually the "blacks/jews/immigrants/tutsi/intelectuals/x."

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

ketchup on a hot dog