Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Addamere posted:

im too dumb to know what this means please explain

a bunch of people who were seen as really strong challengers to dem senators aren't jumping in the race. part of picking up seats is how strong your recruiting class is. if its garbage people like McCaskill manage to sneak through again :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vladimir Putin posted:

At the same time where are the actual technical signals that the economy is overheating and in a bubble? Inflation as far as I know is still pretty low so there's not a pile of hyped up money out there chasing goods. Interest rates are still rock bottom, so even with all the incentive to go out and use your money, there's little inflation.

I see no signs of a bubble or that even the economy is overheating. There are systemic issues like inequality etc... but I doubt a repeat of 2008 where there was a bubble and a massive crash.

With the amount of money consolidating into fewer hands the likely problem is a slow deflationary slide as Gen Y&Z can't afford the living standard that the Boomers enjoyed.

Of course a shock can happen if Trump carries out his trade war.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/881914181443657728

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/881900237585043457

terrified and able bodied refugees? nah

brain dead babies? hell yeah! usa is the home of brain dead babies!

gently caress I feel bad for laughing at that, if that were my daughter I'd feel awful but I'd want her to die with dignity instead of be some drat lab rat

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

nice

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Muppets On PCP posted:

tbf it's not like anyone's going there for a decent steak to begin with

Oh my god, i missed that longhorn steakhouse part :laffo:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

:wow:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

my point is if they beat the tar out of someone they hate they will actually be happier

so maybe focus less on nominating someone non-Democrats hate for extremely short-term spite reasons that will immediately blow up in your face and focus more on winning stuff

because you know as well as I do that when the GOP actually loses an election the chuds stay angry for years

tbf I'm operating under the assumption that my hypothetical peak right wing rage candidate is capable of running a better election than hilldawg, who declared a bunch of swing states her blue wall but I'm sure the democrats can surprise me further

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

feel like maybe it's a bad idea for democrats to circulate graphics labeling states like Michigan and Wisconsin as permanently red areas we need to cast off

wisconsin is obviously extremely salvageable and we elected the first open lesbian to the Senate as well as Russ Feingold

but surprise the obama poo poo dems completely ignored wisconsin for the past decade and subsequently repeatedly accrued narrow losses

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Killing the rich and especially Wall Street bankers plays extremely well even in red districts you know

Obama bailing the banks out is the big non-racial reason people went Obama -> Trump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

It's true, the best way to win in red districts is by running middle of the road centrists, take for example the stunning wins in

are you sincerely under the impression that I'm arguing for running middle of the road centrists rather than against doing that

I can't tell

we're under too many layers of irony

Also Agean90, what if I told you Republicans would have paroxysms of rage against any Dem nominee no matter who it was, even if it was someone with a clear and strong policy message who could win

imagine that as a Morpheus meme

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

what are the odds that trump himself hired some idiot to try this

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mayor Dave posted:

i;m thinkin about those steaks

b e e f y

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Would a Prime Minister Macron assassination be good for centrists?

by Jessica Valenti

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rowdy Donny Griper

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

don't doxx lastgirl

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

whered the thread title come from because :same:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also if you want to win you need to absolutely avoid anything approaching nuanced or specific plans and instead make sweeping generalizations that are very TV friendly

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

also jesus christ 6 months of trump

:eng101: only a bit more than five months! it'll be six months in a couple weeks

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

a bunch of people who were seen as really strong challengers to dem senators aren't jumping in the race. part of picking up seats is how strong your recruiting class is. if its garbage people like McCaskill manage to sneak through again :shrug:

Not in Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uH7Hk65lUI

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

StashAugustine posted:

hello, hillary clinton

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

zegermans posted:

gently caress I feel bad for laughing at that, if that were my daughter I'd feel awful but I'd want her to die with dignity instead of be some drat lab rat

what would you do if your daughter grew up and married a german?!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Killing the rich and especially Wall Street bankers plays extremely well even in red districts you know

Obama bailing the banks out is the big non-racial reason people went Obama -> Trump

Obama also won Ohio over Romney because he was able to tout his attempt to save rust belt auto jobs, while Romney wrote a op-ed saying all those plants should
go out of business.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

wisconsin is obviously extremely salvageable and we elected the first open lesbian to the Senate as well as Russ Feingold

but surprise the obama poo poo dems completely ignored wisconsin for the past decade and subsequently repeatedly accrued narrow losses

they could also turn Washington and Colorado into actual blue states instead of Blue but not really states but :effort:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
red states eat steak like THIS
blue states eat steak like THIS

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Also if you want to win you need to absolutely avoid anything approaching nuanced or specific plans and instead make sweeping generalizations that are very TV friendly

or be like corbyn and do both

#forthemany

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

The "one of these bubbles is going to pop soon and it's gonna be ugly as hell" idea isn't something that came about after the election or even during the campaign. Mortgages are getting overheated again just like the 2000s flipping craze, student loans are going unpaid just like mortgages did before the crash, and the biggest VC sinks are companies that have done nothing but post losses their entire existence.

Basically so much capital is being hoarded by so few entities that the economy is going to seize and melt down from the lack of free capital flows from the bottom up. Nobody can afford to pay the rentseekers and the rentseekers need that blood money to pay their financiers all the way up the chain.

That's why "social advertising" is a hot VC draw despite being desperately unprofitable - people can't afford poo poo that ain't free but the idiots in San Jose think they can squeeze blood from that stone. Uber can't turn a profit because nobody's going to pay extra per passenger when the existing taxi service lets 4 people ride for one fare. The entire ecosystem relies on cashing out after selling or a big IPO, and when you're an app developer whose assets are basically your code and some offices, no creditor is getting made whole in bankruptcy no matter what you liquidate. This poo poo was exactly what happened in the dotcom bubble like 20 years ago, when it was website concepts instead of apps up for funding.

Student loans are a flaming wreck and harassing borrowers after selling their loans off to some private bank is just going to cause servicing ratios to fall through the floor since those hardship deferments and income based plans are going to be the first thing to go. When mortgage lenders started reselling their loans and stopped helping borrowers continue servicing their mortgages, people walked away from houses worth a fraction of the loans they backed as collateral, the lenders stopped receiving those payments, and the upstream finance systems that gobbled up over-rated subprime paper imploded because instead of being serviced for a 30 year term they were marked down to properties sitting in a cratering housing market, less the cost of taxes, maintenance, foreclosure, and resale if that ever happened.

This poo poo has all happened before and not too long ago, and it was set in motion by a flurry of consumer-hostile deregulation that let high finance just full-on lie about the modeled value of their holdings because the institutions that were designed to watch for all this poo poo and keep it from happening got gutted.

Like maybe you weren't around or cognizant when the bush admin happened, but people saying the economy is going to crash again aren't saying it just because trump is bad and also the president. It would have happened under clinton or even bernie, but they would have had a plan to address it whereas bad president trump has tweets and a cabinet full of bankers and racists and racist bankers.

I've been annoying my friends for years by ranting at them that economies rely on circulation above everything, the actual numbers don't matter one single bit as long as circulation is good, and that rich people are essentially blood clots

gonna enjoy my gruel when everything falls apart

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Eat The Rich Well Done

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

what rape culture

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

it was a twitter take where a brony said he'd love to have a house slave

yeah, the excerpt itself is on point but the context, yikes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Eat The Rich Well Done

with ranch

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Epic High Five posted:

Farting Butt 2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

quote:

He was reportedly arrested after attempting to buy a Kalashnikov assault rifle online.

Just brilliant

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Farting Butt 2020

There's no debate rule that says you can't loudly fart into the microphone for your opponent's entire allotted time

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

Not pictured: fat guy dressed as a centurian shooting himself in the nuts

*centurion

btw this series is the most BBC thing ever - poo poo effects and lighting, the only 8 actors in Britain playing every roll, and largely captivating

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

lmao owned a nazibrone said it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

but yeh same

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

obama should have locked up some wall street bankers and cia torturers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been annoying my friends for years by ranting at them that economies rely on circulation above everything, the actual numbers don't matter one single bit as long as circulation is good, and that rich people are essentially blood clots

gonna enjoy my gruel when everything falls apart

As Mark Blyth said democracy is life insurance for the rich but they have gotten so greedy they forget you can't squeeze labor forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzbH2YE4a24

etalian has issued a correction as of 17:48 on Jul 3, 2017

• Locked thread