Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

this cnn headline is so extremely 2017

I don't know why the pope is weighing in. I think the official doctrine is that you should prolong the life as long as it is reasonable. Beyond that I think you are allowed to disconnect form life support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
E: nm

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

fits my needs posted:

Remember when Ivanka got upset by pictures of gassed Syrian babies and Trump bombed an empty airfield for $100 million that was operational the next day? lmfao

Remember when Barron saw Kathy Griffith holding up a severed head in effigy and apparently thought Kathy Griffith killed his father

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
:orb::orb::orb::

:orb::orb::orb::

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"He likes to hold his own feet"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TamerELG/status/881943898335195137

Lol imagine being a photo journalist in a war zone and no one even wants your photos

they have nothing to do with trump so why would news want to report it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

they have nothing to do with trump so why would news want to report it

Someone needs to show the pictures to Ivanka or Barron to see if they have some sort of emotional response that can be channeled to TRUMP!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

this cnn headline is so extremely 2017

why is the comma there

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Republicans haven't yet destroyed a single entitlement, and they're not going to. This is just mustache twirling from a party made up entirely of mustache twirlers.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Actually this U.K. baby case seems kind of hosed up. Apparently the parents raised money to bring him to the US for experimental treatment. But the hospital is preventing that and the court has agreed. So basically they want to take him out of the hospital in the UK and to the US for treatment (which they raised almost 1.7 million to do) but the court won't let them do that and is kind of suggesting that the hospital should disconnect the baby from life support.

That is pretty hosed up and I kind of agree with Trump and the pope on this one.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

lol donald trump is about to make thousands of babies get aborted in unsafe methods and about to make millions of babies live in abject poverty thanks to everything he's about to do and he's only caring about this child all of a sudden.

unwanted babies should just get jobs?? jeez

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

what in the gently caress

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah this is a way to get those moderates back on board lmao

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Vladimir Putin posted:

I don't know why the pope is weighing in. I think the official doctrine is that you should prolong the life as long as it is reasonable. Beyond that I think you are allowed to disconnect form life support.

The hospital is specifically not letting the parents put the kid on a plane bound for America and the experimental treatment. The Pope probably sees this as an abrogation of the parents' authority.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Vladimir Putin posted:

Actually this U.K. baby case seems kind of hosed up. Apparently the parents raised money to bring him to the US for experimental treatment. But the hospital is preventing that and the court has agreed. So basically they want to take him out of the hospital in the UK and to the US for treatment (which they raised almost 1.7 million to do) but the court won't let them do that and is kind of suggesting that the hospital should disconnect the baby from life support.

That is pretty hosed up and I kind of agree with Trump and the pope on this one.

I meant there's the whole issue of transporting an infant who can't breathe without a ventilator across the ocean

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Relevant Tangent posted:

Republicans haven't yet destroyed a single entitlement, and they're not going to. This is just mustache twirling from a party made up entirely of mustache twirlers.

somehow the stupidest, shittiest thing has to happen in this timeline. it was decided in 2016, sorry.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vladimir Putin posted:

Great Ormond Street Hospital, the people who are saying 'no' are doing so because the treatment in the US is to reduce the severity of the symptoms for children who are expected to survive. This kid is already brain dead and losing health hourly. As doctors they have a moral obligation to not provide false hope - they have merely stated that the child's case is terminal, they appreciate the feelings of the parents but have stated that the treatment in the US will not help him, and will not allow him to live a day longer.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hosed up pepsi has to import baby flavor now

The trade deficit is out of control

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Relevant Tangent posted:

The hospital is specifically not letting the parents put the kid on a plane bound for America and the experimental treatment. The Pope probably sees this as an abrogation of the parents' authority.

Has anyone in the US agreed to take the kid? Last I heard yesterday, he hadn't been accepted into any experimental program.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Horseshoe theory posted:

To be fair, being paid for war photography is war profiteering.

mods plz we need a :hottake: smiley

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I like that the Senate Republicans are treating this bill like a child trying to solve one of those "lights out" puzzles

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Vladimir Putin posted:

Yeah, the UK health and legal system is paternalistic in a way that the US would kill people over. They're subjects, not citizens, and the Crown wants this baby dead.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Great Ormond Street Hospital, the people who are saying 'no' are doing so because the treatment in the US is to reduce the severity of the symptoms for children who are expected to survive. This kid is already brain dead and losing health hourly. As doctors they have a moral obligation to not provide false hope - they have merely stated that the child's case is terminal, they appreciate the feelings of the parents but have stated that the treatment in the US will not help him, and will not allow him to live a day longer.

Truly a failure of the so called better NHS system. Unscrupulous providers should be able to bilk as much money as possible from grieving family members.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
" I won't rest until every baby is dead!" The Queen shouted, probably

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

EXCELLENT, who needs a civil war when the GOP is killing one side so efficiently

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

angerbeet posted:

" I won't rest until every baby is dead!" The Queen shouted, probably

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

Yeah, the UK health and legal system is paternalistic in a way that the US would kill people over. They're subjects, not citizens, and the Crown wants this baby dead.

radical meme

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/ott7ySo.mp4

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

thrawn527 posted:

Has anyone in the US agreed to take the kid? Last I heard yesterday, he hadn't been accepted into any experimental program.

Story in the link said he had. Kids still dead, it's just a question of how long and how much it'll cost. The UK has death panels though, so.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe Corbyn crippled that baby by jumping on him with a pogo stick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

man I don't think I can care anymore

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Queen killed me baby!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Is government working today or is everyone getting ready to get shirfaced tomorrow

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

I can't believe Corbyn crippled that baby by jumping on him with a pogo stick

fits my needs posted:

Queen killed me baby!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

man I don't think I can care anymore

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

Why don't they let the parents decide? They have the money and can pay for it. What's the harm? Presumably the doctors have already expressed their opinion to the parents.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The kid has been dead for a while, y'all. The High Court specifically said "there's nothing to be done, at least let him die with dignity."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

fits my needs posted:

Queen killed me baby!

Queen fancied me babby and nicked it innit

• Locked thread