Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao at all the replies that don't realize that Jacobin was making a fat joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Jazerus posted:

the replies on that jacobin tweet are hilarious

I have never seen that many butthurt lickspittle worms squirm like that in a while lol I love Jacobin so much.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/USATODAY/status/881948195428978688

We must save the white baby from the failed NHS and prove MAGA Healthcare is the best.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PattersonNBC/status/881944209447501824

fits my needs has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Jul 3, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoatse posted:

meanwhile on r/the_donald..

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/6kzvyr/dear_fake_news_cnn_from_a_jew_who_uses_the_donald/

but...

(same guy that made the trump cnn takedown gif)

I once saw a post making basically this same point in an I/P thread on SA once, true story

It's not verifiable at all, people just search for any name that sounds vaguely eastern European, or just make them up (as this t_d post proves, you can even add headshots from random anonymous people for added authenticity!), and add them to the tally, and in the end they end up with dozens of names, which seems like a lot if you ignore that the company in question employs thousands of people

I've been seeing people make this same post over and over as long as I've been on the Internet

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

I once saw a post making basically this same point in an I/P thread on SA once, true story

It's not verifiable at all, people just search for any name that sounds vaguely eastern European, or just make them up (as this t_d post proves, you can even add headshots from random anonymous people for added authenticity!), and add them to the tally, and in the end they end up with dozens of names, which seems like a lot if you ignore that the company in question employs thousands of people

I've been seeing people make this same post over and over as long as I've been on the Internet

It's strange that CNN would employ so many sheriffs

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I'm shocked they didn't use kike instead, since that's the more blatantly offensive slur.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

etalian posted:

god I forgot about the sheriff thing

that feels like about fifteen years ago

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the charlie gard thing is actually kind of sweet, donald trump finally found another living thing that he can actually feel for, perhaps even love. a diaperfilling baby with significant brain damage

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Nice, I did a couple sit ups yesterday. Can't wait to find out what happiness and goals feel like

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Lastgirl posted:

"You can't cuck the zuck." a voter says earnestly and unironically in 2020

Apollo 440 to provide the music.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Horseshoe theory posted:

I'm shocked they didn't use kike instead, since that's the more blatantly offensive slur.

it's supposed to be a pun on that stupid Shia Lebouf webcam stream from five hundred years ago

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Horseshoe theory posted:

I'm shocked they didn't use kike instead.

I've seen a lot of output from people who hate Jews in my life and this is actually the first time I have seen "heeb" used as an actual pejorative

I think I've seen it come up organically on exactly two other occasions:
1) the NOFX album entitled "White Trash, Two Heebs, and a Bean" (fun fact, the original title was "White Trash, Two Kikes, and a Spic" but a band member's grandmother asked them to change it)
2) a line from the Shaft parody "The Hebrew Hammer" starring Adam Goldberg in which an old woman exclaims "You're the baddest heeb this side of Tel Aviv!"

so in closing of course they needed to put the parentheses around it or nobody would know what they were talking about

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he is also a finance worker who thinks that wall street Did Nothing Wrong and that nationalizing those banks would've been evil

lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
do those british parents understand how expensive health care in america is

or, wait, are they gonna comp it for some pr win for profit healthcare while literally passing a bill that takes medicine from poor people and gives it to trillionaires?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

loquacius posted:

2) a line from the Shaft parody "The Hebrew Hammer" starring Adam Goldberg in which an old woman exclaims "You're the baddest heeb this side of Tel Aviv!"

nctv movie candidate spotted

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/881951043445301249

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/TamerELG/status/881943898335195137

Lol imagine being a photo journalist in a war zone and no one even wants your photos

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

the charlie gard thing is actually kind of sweet, donald trump finally found another living thing that he can actually feel for, perhaps even love. a diaperfilling baby with significant brain damage

I think there needs to be more information. What exactly is the experimental therapy?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

loquacius posted:

so in closing of course they needed to put the parentheses around it or nobody would know what they were talking about

Maybe they misspelled H-E-B.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

or, wait, are they gonna comp it for some pr win for profit healthcare while literally passing a bill that takes medicine from poor people and gives it to trillionaires?

White babies in distress are probably the only thing cuter than animal babies that most American media cares about.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Serf posted:

i like big government and i cannot lie

Serf posted:

the state is like the universe. we want to expand it and expand it until the state is everything, and when everything is the state nothing is and we will have reached the heat-death of government

:ussr:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/881941502875881473

holy poo poo if true.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Horseshoe theory posted:

It's supposed to be a play on "He will not divide us". Wordplay is very important to anti-semites, if there was a pun they could have fit kike in I'm sure they would of.

Also... are the ((( ))) really neccesary? I mean I thought the whole point of them was when you needed some discretion.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

shiksa posted:

I think they are going to comp it somehow. I doubt the parents have US insurance. And if it is an experimental treatment then they can't pay for it anyway.

I'm kind of torn. I mean if it's truly hopeless then they don't have anything to lose and they should just go for the experimental treatment.

Serf
May 5, 2011

:getin:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

idgi

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Most of the time if someone wants to say "Jews" in a way that really communicates how much they hate Jews they just say "the Chosen People :rolleyes:" with as much irony as they can ladle on

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/USATODAY/status/881948195428978688

We must save the white baby from the failed NHS and prove MAGA Healthcare is the best.

lol donald trump is about to make thousands of babies get aborted in unsafe methods and about to make millions of babies live in abject poverty thanks to everything he's about to do and he's only caring about this child all of a sudden.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

fits my needs posted:

Lol imagine being a photo journalist in a war zone and no one even wants your photos

apocalyptic civil wars just don't sell these days. now if a celebrity got rear end implants or the president calls someone a bitch, well

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

shiksa posted:

Somehow it'll turn into Charlie's Law or something and nobody will ever be allowed to be taken off of life support

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this cnn headline is so extremely 2017

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

loquacius posted:

Most of the time if someone wants to say "Jews" in a way that really communicates how much they hate Jews they just say "the Chosen People :rolleyes:" with as much irony as they can ladle on

I'm a fan of "globalists," personally

Although a lot of dumb people think it refers to a legit shadow government

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

fits my needs posted:

To be fair, being paid for war photography is war profiteering.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

lol donald trump is about to make thousands of babies get aborted in unsafe methods and about to make millions of babies live in abject poverty thanks to everything he's about to do and he's only caring about this child all of a sudden.

there's a stalin quote for this situation!!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Horseshoe theory posted:

I bet they get really miffed when people call them nazis

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"My friends cat Leo just wanted to go for a ride!"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's supposed to be a pun on that stupid Shia Lebouf webcam stream from five hundred years ago

I forgot that was a thing that happened, but you're right.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Whaaaaaaaaaat

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

the guy who made this picture raises a good point about why the media fails to cover bladk lives matter in a positive light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Remember when Ivanka got upset by pictures of gassed Syrian babies and Trump bombed an empty airfield for $100 million that was operational the next day? lmfao

• Locked thread