Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

This shithead was just on MSNBC saying that the Democrats are going to win in 2020 because there are enough moderate Republicans "who lost respect for Trump" to vote Democrat.

"But Howie, weren't those very same assholes loudly and publicly declaring how much they despised Donald Trump and how little respect they had for him in 2016, before running out to vote for him anyway because our campaign was 95% presumed inevitability due to people saying poo poo like you just said constantly for two years?"

"Well, yes, but, you see, he just said someone had a botched facelift on Twitter. The Panera crowd is finally ours!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

This shithead was just on MSNBC saying that the Democrats are going to win in 2020 because there are enough moderate Republicans "who lost respect for Trump" to vote Democrat.

Why do all the democrats have brain stink

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Rand alPaul posted:

It's the eternal dream of these third way morons.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I wouldn't care if a Democratic president addressed congress in a fursuit, as long as he rubberstamped every bit of left wing legislation that came across his table. Who gives a drat about the respectability of the office?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Why do these uptown white people keep accusing everyone of being racist?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

only bad people don't like hillary clinton

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Who gives a drat about the respectability of the office?

The office had respectability to begin with?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Who gives a drat about the respectability of the office?

Hegemony lives and dies with respectability

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/881947150720151552

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

fits my needs posted:

Bernie would have won, but would he have solved racism?
Incrementally.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Democratic voters are stalwart progressives!

*Progressive candidates lose VA and NJ governor primaries, fail in Georgia, can't pass single payer in Calofirnia

A lot of people probably don't know governor primaries are even a thing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's the eternal dream of these third way morons.

I like polling showing how despite Trump's screwups he still has a massive approval rating with republican voters.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Rand alPaul posted:

The myth of the "honorable" and "moderate" republican is probably the most cancerous thing infecting bad dem's brains

All those republicans in the suburbs literally do not care about anything other than FYGM and keeping minorities out of their neighborhoods. They will always vote republican even if the candidate is an insane old sexual predator who lies so much he contradicts himself from one interview to the next.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I can't believe that post Bush, post Obama, and in the goddamn Trump era there's still so many Dems who think that the future is Yuppies.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

Why do all the democrats have brain stink

Even Chuck admitted he was wrong and that going after moderate republicans in 2016 was a bad idea so boy howdy when senator schumer has the plot more together than you do

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Rand alPaul posted:

I'm glad we had a multimillion dollar special election to prove this false so that dem leadership can go on to pretend it never happened

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

ehhh

the President Bannon stuff got Trump to push Bannon down and out of sight for months and he's had way less influence on Trump compared to the beginning of the presidency

yeah but that was in the real media like newspapers and time covers and not twitter

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Office Pig posted:

I'm glad we had a multimillion dollar special election to prove this false so that dem leadership can go on to pretend it never happened

Ossoff spent 30 million and even raised more money than opponent.

Sound familiar?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rand alPaul posted:

lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the only time ive seen a republican vote for a democrat is when it affected their bottom line

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The latest polls had something like 85% of republican voters believing that Trump is doing a good job as president.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

its the only barrier between them and being 80s republicans and they need it to shield themselves from being morally wrong

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
To bad dems, racism isn't a complicated system of structural advantages reinforced either obviously or discretely by the powerful institutions that control society, it's a character flaw, because the former would require them to think about poo poo like the nature of american suburbia, the middle class, and the role of their favorite lobbies in upholding it.

I'm not even sure some of these suburban dems even realize why their lovely suburbs are so homogenous.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the "petit bourgeoisie" of small-time capitalists, landlords, professionals, etc are both greatly more skewed towards white people than working people and 10x as racist and reactionary as working white people but dems refuse to admit this because they culturally identify with them

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If you don't do the dean scream every morning to get yourself ready for the awful day ahead then you might be dead inside

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

logikv9 posted:

If you don't do the dean scream every morning to get yourself ready for the awful day ahead then you might be dead inside

open palm slam the dean scream and i do all the moves hard etc

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Agnosticnixie posted:

To bad dems, racism isn't a complicated system of structural advantages reinforced either obviously or discretely by the powerful institutions that control society, it's a character flaw, because the former would require them to think about poo poo like the nature of american suburbia, the middle class, and the role of their favorite lobbies in upholding it.

I'm not even sure some of these suburban dems even realize why their lovely suburbs are so homogenous.

it just seems like they want to absolve themselves of responsibility yeah. if there's better representation in the CEO club then clearly the system they benefit from isn't at fault.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The key to victory isn't to win over GOP voters, be they suburban soccer moms or gap toothed cousinfuckers. The key is to energize and turn out your own base.

So yeah fuckem

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

I actually can see, from a ruthless strategy point of view, where this idea comes from. If you can build a party that draws from the entire center and shove the extremists on both left and right out into the cold, you'd basically have a recipe for dominating any given democracy forever.

Except it doesn't work, it can't work, it will never work. For one thing, those 'moderate' Republicans are likely exactly as extreme as the obvious apocalypse cultists, it's just they think it's impolite to shout indoors. For another, no one will ever be attracted away from the party they're comfortable in, or even the one that they're vaguely uncomfortable in, by a bunch of people whose entire guiding philosophy is "eh, whatever, do what you like, just VOTE FOR US PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD".

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

yeah fuckem

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

I actually can see, from a ruthless strategy point of view, where this idea comes from. If you can build a party that draws from the entire center and shove the extremists on both left and right out into the cold, you'd basically have a recipe for dominating any given democracy forever.

Except it doesn't work, it can't work, it will never work. For one thing, those 'moderate' Republicans are likely exactly as extreme as the obvious apocalypse cultists, it's just they think it's impolite to shout indoors. For another, no one will ever be attracted away from the party they're comfortable in, or even the one that they're vaguely uncomfortable in, by a bunch of people whose entire guiding philosophy is "eh, whatever, do what you like, just VOTE FOR US PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD".

The democratic party was at the height of its power when it was the farthest left it ever was and would be. Like more powerful than the current GOP + a president who didn't have brain holes. Anyone who thinks centrism hasn't totally crippled the democratic partys ability to gain power has brain problems.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

zegermans posted:

The key to victory isn't to win over GOP voters, be they suburban soccer moms or gap toothed cousinfuckers. The key is to energize and turn out your own base.

So yeah fuckem

Nothing gets me more energized and erect than bad dems telling me single payer will never happen.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

docbeard posted:

To add to that, we need to stop measuring things like the president's "approval ratings". It's dumb as poo poo and doesn't mean anything, and bad dems are parading it around like a 35% approval is guaranteed to win them all the mid term races on a silver platter.

Trump's approval could be 1% among republicans, but it doesn't mean anything unless we start asking them "Has Trump hosed up so much that you're willing to vote for a democrat instead?"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mister Fister posted:

Nothing gets me more energized and erect than bad dems telling me single payer will never happen.

I mean I'm not sayin Clinton was energizing obviously

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mister Fister posted:

leftists trying to pull the democrats into getting behind single-payer so they can finally win like

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/881721353069625344

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

zegermans posted:

gonna laugh that y'all mock all this slacktivism when it legit causes him to have a stress-induced episode that kills him.

yeah president pence, massive ownage

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/liberalism_txt/status/881965749539151872/photo/1

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

if randy is smart he'll attempt to turn this into all his ads being narrated by ron perlman

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

leftists trying to pull the democrats into getting behind single-payer so they can finally win like

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/881721353069625344

i loving love the wrestling poster crossover here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm going to ask a question that a whole lot of Clintonites have asked before, because apparently I don't know the answer either

what does "progressive" even loving mean anymore jesus

• Locked thread