Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Slavvy posted:

Other brands make a token effort at frame rigidity and have geometry that isn't dictated by authentic age-old tradition.

Sportsters don't get the problem. They're also not poo poo to ride, and they're also much more like a 'normal' bike in their layout and design.

My HD 750 doesn't wobble either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

That must be the Harley Wobble I've heard about.

What's the proper fix for that, in the moment? Is it to carefully slow down, to try and reduce the magnitude of the oscillation, or is it to try and accelerate, unweighting the front wheel? I've heard both of those suggestions advanced and I'm sure there's a difference but I don't know what it is.

The fix is to adjust the steering bearing. The issue seems to be limited to some of the touring models prior to '07 going back to around "01-'02.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

The Bananana posted:

My HD 750 doesn't wobble either.

"Not a real Harley." The new Street model, right?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Revvik posted:

"Not a real Harley." The new Street model, right?

:smith:

IT'S A REAL HARLEY TO ME!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Bananana posted:

:smith:

IT'S A REAL HARLEY TO ME!!!

It could never be a Real Harley(tm) because it's built with technology from the second half of the 20th century

Wa...ter? In the engine?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

It could never be a Real Harley(tm) because it's built with technology from the second half of the 20th century

Wa...ter? In the engine?

Like in the toilet?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

The Bananana posted:

Like in the toilet?

Hence the term Jap Crap. We didn't bomb the poo poo out of those beady-eyed bastards so they could corrupt God's True Design for motorcycles with liquid cooling.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I thought your 750 was pretty cool, and I'm not really a Harley guy usually.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Heres some children racing supermoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAV5xbt4vD0

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
This would be me riding a supermoto track, except the kids are parking it in the corners and dropping it on the dirt less

edit: clarity

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 3, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Tell her she can't go pro until she spears the kid in front of her when he parks it in the tarmac/dirt transition. A few times she could have passed em.

Though truthfully that's what I look like when I ride in the dirt because I've only gone dirt riding maybe a dozen times since I started riding 14 years ago.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
'Rollin a hawg yo

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Sir, your brake light appears to be infected.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Skreemer posted:

Tell her she can't go pro until she spears the kid in front of her when he parks it in the tarmac/dirt transition. A few times she could have passed em.

Though truthfully that's what I look like when I ride in the dirt because I've only gone dirt riding maybe a dozen times since I started riding 14 years ago.

Oh yeah totally. We go over her footage and we walk the track and discuss all the improve and sustains. The big three things are throttle control, confidence to go side by side with another bike, and finding a good line. She is faster but she just doesn't believe in her abilities yet.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

R-Type posted:

'Rollin a hawg yo

I want to do this except with pigpooponballs.jpg

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That basically is pigpoopballs.jpg minus the balls

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That Harley Wobble thing is new to me. I've ridden a number of Harleys, they all felt like they had very stable steering. The CHP issue looked like it could have been suspension rather than steering? Bouncy rear can cause a wobble when you're leaned over. The dude in the first video must have had some damaged poo poo on his bike, I have to think. Tire/wheel/steering, something. I've seen so few bikes that'll do that in a straight line at moderate speed like that, and never that bad.

Seen wobbles on Goldwings a few times, and worn steering bearings on them. Bike is just too heavy for the bearings I'd say. Although we recently did the bearings on a 2004 GL1800 and the bearings were basically dry when we got in there. Dunno how they lasted as long as they did. I think it was one of the ones made in America, proper Japanese workers would never perform so badly.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
A lot of the wobble on the police bikes is due to the amount of poo poo they strap to those things. I've experienced the Harley wobble, they're just much less forgiving when it comes to anything being wrong them - head bearings, flatspotted tires / pressures off, etc.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Is that that girl's first run on that bike or something? A lot of her lines didn't really make sense to me and she made a few mistakes.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Here we go

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

You missed the lol

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpdZgypOPdA

enjoy

M42
Nov 12, 2012

YESSSSSSSS

yowza lots of deds in this one

M42 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 4, 2017

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I hereby propose a no prisoners viewing party on watch2gether tomorrow night 7/5 at 10pm EDT. The goals will be to laugh at all the dudes with no gear and call out the ones who are ded as soon as they are ded or if possible even before.

edit: Changed proposal to 10pm EDT as ncraP suggested but not 7/4 as ncraP suggested because America is still going on that day

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 4, 2017

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Due to the holidays today the #bieks watch2gether viewing party will be tomorrow, July 5 at 10pm EST 7pm Pacific, link will be posted in the thread.

We will be competing for who can call out 'ded' the most times before anyone else, no cheating by watching before hand.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 4, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I hereby propose a no prisoners viewing party on watch2gether tomorrow night 7/5 at 10pm EDT. The goals will be to laugh at all the dudes with no gear and call out the ones who are ded as soon as they are ded or if possible even before.

edit: Changed proposal to 10pm EDT as ncraP suggested but not 7/4 as ncraP suggested because America is still going on that day

Hopefully I am available for this!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

What the What

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So is this happening tonight or tomorrow.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

ought ten posted:

Is that that girl's first run on that bike or something? A lot of her lines didn't really make sense to me and she made a few mistakes.

shes 7 and learning. Here she is racing GP against the same kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOES_OyxwCo

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Soory, tomorrow the fifth

Edit: also lol we both posted. Made it 10 est for thewest coast hippies

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

EX250 Type R posted:

shes 7 and learning. Here she is racing GP against the same kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOES_OyxwCo

I'm kidding. See slavvy's dumb response to that Pike's Peak video. She's awesome, and I'd be lucky to have a daughter half as cool as she is. Plus she could probably beat me on any track. Keep up the good work, both of you.

Slavvy posted:

Is that that dude's first run on that bike or something? A lot of his lines didn't really make sense to me and he made a few mistakes.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

I'm kidding.

I loled

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ought ten posted:

:holymoley:

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Hey I wonder whats going on over at r/moto.....

:stare:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Wouldn't shifting really hurt?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Day Man posted:

Wouldn't shifting really hurt?

not really no

Tbh it's not much different than y'all cruising on rental vespas in flip flops shirtless on your Euro trip or wearing converse with no socks 🤷🏽‍♀️

But ATGATT and all that

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The furthest I've strayed from atgatt was italy two weeks ago when I rode a rental CB500x to portofino 45 minutes in street clothes, forma adventure lows, gloves, and a helmet. I felt naked, but it did feel really nice.

I considered flip flops for like a minute but LOL NO get out of here stalker.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No the odd thing about that photo is that it's a BMW.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And is probably definitely in Florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
The BMW RNineT is the most tortured of BMW bikes. Not even the farkliest GS can stand up to how much "tuners" gently caress up those poor things.

If you have a stock RNineT with low miles it'll be worth its weight in gold a few years from now, like un-mollested Supras.

edit: Speaking of dumb poo poo, caught this beauty on Craigslist:

Yep, let's take a 1970 bike, slap a tiny baby-man motor in it meant for a bike like 1/3 its relative size and use it not be able to ride it as it's not registered.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 5, 2017