Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Wow, I started a Marauder and got Beginner's Luck. It was that Iron Hat that doesn't let you dodge.

I then died being swarmed by breach monsters and not evading. It was fun while it lasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

RIP my level 81 mayhem Raider. I KNEW not to go into that spirit infested 'kill all the monsters in this den' side quest.

I lose all my mans while drinking

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://chrono.gg/

Beta Keys for :10bux: for the next 24 hours from here.

:getin: just in time for a realm wipe as they deploy the next act on Monday.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That's kind of a poo poo deal though, you only get the key. If you buy the cheapest pack for $30 you get $25 worth of points so the key and the cosmetics are only $5.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pharnakes posted:

That's kind of a poo poo deal though, you only get the key. If you buy the cheapest pack for $30 you get $25 worth of points so the key and the cosmetics are only $5.
That's assuming someone would want to waste their money on the points in the first place. Though I guess paying for something that's going to be a free update is a waste of money regardless.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Mtx dressup is the core of the game though!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Don't forget playing Barbie's Dream House with your hideout!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, if you absolutely have to pay to get into the beta then might as well get something permanent with it (like stash tabs if you hate looking pretty) because otherwise yeah, it's 10 dollars for content that you're gonna have for free.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

You should buy a cockroach pet, Not-A-Cockroach. Then be like, she means me, not you. You are one.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
How does -ele resist and elemental penetration interact? I stopped running Frostbite on my frost blade raider because I assumed between threshold jewels and wise oak giving 50 elemental penetration, i wouldn't see any benefit out of running frost bite (-44% elemental res tops).

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
More is always better, there's no limit to how negative something's resistance can get.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Strictly speaking, penetration is better than -resist because penetration occurs after resistance caps, while -resistances is before capping occurs. For the most part though, they act exactly the same when dealing with monsters since outside of maybe a corner case or two, monsters will never be overcapped.

vvv Ah, good point.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 3, 2017

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Penetration and -res from curses stack, but penetration is strictly better per % on bosses because act and map bosses have 60% less curse effectiveness on them, and Shaper and Guardians have 80% less.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse#Mechanics

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If I wanted to just spam Tornado Shot everywhere and get the most out of it, would Deadeye be the right Ascendancy on a Ranger?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

If I wanted to just spam Tornado Shot everywhere and get the most out of it, would Deadeye be the right Ascendancy on a Ranger?

Pathfinder is strictly better than Deadeye once you get some good flasks, but Deadeye can be a better league starter maybe.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I feel like even Raider would be better than Deadeye, but really there's no reason not to go Pathfinder. The only really expensive flask on a bow build (generally) is Dying Sun, just having a diamond flask and one or two uniques makes it worth, imo

Deadeye is just a mess of wasted points, unfortunately

terrified of my bathroom fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 3, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Last week Chris mentioned that we're internally targeting the first week of August for the 3.0.0 release and that a firm release date will be announced in a couple of weeks. Due to this extra time and because we can't yet confirm the release date, we've decided to lift the end date on the Legacy Leagues.

This means they'll run longer than the previously announced end date of July 11th, but that there is no set end date. We will make sure that they end with a few days to spare before the 3.0.0 release so that players have time to sort through their items in the parent leagues. We'll confirm the new end date as soon we can.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

How does -ele resist and elemental penetration interact? I stopped running Frostbite on my frost blade raider because I assumed between threshold jewels and wise oak giving 50 elemental penetration, i wouldn't see any benefit out of running frost bite (-44% elemental res tops).

More is better but if for example something has 75 + 44 resist. It'd be doing nothing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
By most I kinda meant 'which will let me cover the screen in projectiles', not the meta choice.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It's still probably Pathfinder+dying sun

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Assuming there's more than one target it's Deadeye with Ricochet and Endless Munitions.

Really all three are good, Pathfinder is just better because flasks are too good.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Made it to 85, but noncrit flameblast totem as Elementalist (meaning no elemental penetration from Inquisitor) falls off hard against swarms of high resist exiles. Turns out double-dipping isn't that great when you can't decrease their resists on the ignite. Either that or I'm not building it properly, even if I managed to score myself a Doryani's catalyst.

Anyone more experienced exploiting this mechanic tell me if I'm doing something wrong with the build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HarryBalzac/characters

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Phobophilia posted:

Made it to 85, but noncrit flameblast totem as Elementalist (meaning no elemental penetration from Inquisitor) falls off hard against swarms of high resist exiles. Turns out double-dipping isn't that great when you can't decrease their resists on the ignite. Either that or I'm not building it properly, even if I managed to score myself a Doryani's catalyst.

Anyone more experienced exploiting this mechanic tell me if I'm doing something wrong with the build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HarryBalzac/characters

technically you do have it all right, nobody racing for 100 even plays in zones with exiles! :v:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Well okay. How much +% double dipping damage does an ignite build typically go for? Because I only have +454% if adding up elemental, fire, area, and golem damage. Not counting the spell totem malus.

Lektor
May 1, 2013
think ill try out this mayhem stuff, could i get a reinvite for LektorsLegacy

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
E t h I c a l
https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyRefinedOtterTF2John

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jesus Titty-loving Christ

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Anybody have any plans post beta reset? I was thinking either spectral throw raider, or some sort of trapper/miner.

Edit: Something like this still viable in 3.0?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 3, 2017

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Filthy Monkey posted:

Anybody have any plans post beta reset? I was thinking either spectral throw raider, or some sort of trapper/miner.

Edit: Something like this still viable in 3.0?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087

Life-based ele buzzsaw should still be just as good as it ever has been, yeah. Nothing about it has really been changed or nerfed for 3.0. Unless GGG really swaps some numbers around, I'm predicting that life-based Vaal Pact elemental attack builds will be flavor of the month top-tier boss killers. It's just looking like the best way to get the highest single-target DPS in 3.0.

That said, for the beta reset I'm going to try out Hierophant MoM pure phys quad bladefall totems with Wyrmsign gloves, Illuminated Devotion, and Brutality support. Going to try out all of my silly ideas on beta so that playing a good build for 3.0 feels fresh.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going to run a maximum frenzy full conversion ice shot raider. Gonna use Death's Opus, Southbound and those essence ring crafts that give 4-7 cold damage per frenzy charge. Should be pretty good!

Or it won't be!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I wanna try a necro/summoner witch for the beta reset, never really played anything minion based. Anyone got any good build guides or tips? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1862209/page/1 this is about the best ive found so far but I haven't had much time to look

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

I wanna try a necro/summoner witch for the beta reset, never really played anything minion based. Anyone got any good build guides or tips? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1862209/page/1 this is about the best ive found so far but I haven't had much time to look

Frozen sentinels are supposedly the new meta for spectres. They're comparable to flame sentinels but they crit more often and they slow everything they hit.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

SRS with the new supports looks good, probably that and transition into minions to start

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

queeb posted:

SRS with the new supports looks good, probably that and transition into minions to start

yeah that's what I was thinking. A friend mentioned golemancers being great for late game stuff, is there a good way to transition to that or are golemancers something you need to plan your passives for from the beginning?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I've never played a max block build before. Anyone know of a good build that's still viable in 3.0? Don't really care what skill it uses as long as it's doable with the kind of crap gear I'll have with my first char when the beta resets.

Thanks!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This one has been posted before, should be untouched by 3.0.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

boxcarhobo posted:

yeah that's what I was thinking. A friend mentioned golemancers being great for late game stuff, is there a good way to transition to that or are golemancers something you need to plan your passives for from the beginning?

I think you can? The trees are pretty close, but you need a lot more jewel slots for golems and then eventually the expensive jewels to make it shine. From a quick glance at builds necro is the cheaper league starter then elementalist is the expensive end game version.

e - beta update is live now, 1.86 gigs on the stand alone client.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 4, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Guilds reset - can I get an invite? JinXueBao

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Same, for "LauraHallAndLindaTaylor"

This came from a highlighted chest on Twilight Strand. What the what? :psyduck:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

beta guild invite for queebeta if possible!

also that twilight strand support gem owns

thats the witch one, its amazing

• Locked thread