Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/europe/macron-assassination-plot-foiled/index.html

someone tried to whack the french president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If your plan gets foiled when you google "how buy ak47" I'm not sure you were trying very hard in the first place.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Buca di Bepis posted:

If your plan gets foiled when you google "how buy ak47" I'm not sure you were trying very hard in the first place.

something something puckins

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Breaking: vehicle drives into pedestrians at Boston airport

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Waroduce posted:

Local news is reporting that it's likely an accident.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Waroduce posted:

it's a taxi so....some masshole didn't pay.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

“Space Cadet, what do you mean you ’aren't going to chapel?!”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lake of Methane posted:

“Space Cadet, what do you mean you ’aren't going to chapel?!”

How stupid do you have to be to misunderstand "burn the heretic, kill the mutant, purge the unclean"

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

It seems like "spacemen" is too cool for the new service to actually pick.

Nah, they'll just poo poo up the rank to make it uncool.

Spaceman, second class.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Starman, like the David Bowie song.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Star-tards.

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't really think state-level healthcare is viable in general but since California has 1) lots of tax income
:lol: My friend, let me tell you about a little thing called Prop 13.
EDIT: Oh, and Prop 98.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I wonder how much money it costs to rent a pilot and a plane to fly around a message.

https://twitter.com/JSHurricaneNews/status/881969274713190400

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

facialimpediment posted:

I wonder how much money it costs to rent a pilot and a plane to fly around a message.

https://twitter.com/JSHurricaneNews/status/881969274713190400

That fat gently caress is trying so hard to be Trump.

Jeez. I just realized Trump is the new Gold Standard for Republicans to look up to and will be talked about in awe in 20 years like Reagan is now by them.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ded posted:

Jeez. I just realized Trump is the new Gold Standard for Republicans to look up to and will be talked about in awe in 20 years like Reagan is now by them.

Nah, Trump will be the new Nixon. The next GOP president will get to be new Reagan.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

When was the last time an incumbent president was challenged in the primaries by his own party? Is that something the establishment GOP could eyeball if Trump keeps loving up, and/or his healthcare is such a disaster that they see no other way to salvage 2020?

Honestly never even thought about that, probably because of the amount of establishment GOP and their money faucets bending the knee to him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope we have like 17 people from the GOP challenging Trump in 2020 and we have more clusterfuck debates.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

When was the last time an incumbent president was challenged in the primaries by his own party? Is that something the establishment GOP could eyeball if Trump keeps loving up, and/or his healthcare is such a disaster that they see no other way to salvage 2020?

Honestly never even thought about that, probably because of the amount of establishment GOP and their money faucets bending the knee to him.

Probably ted kennedy challenging Carter.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Right now the only GOP guy I could see doing it and having a chance of even taking it anywhere is Kasich.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Republicans fall in line. If you think any of them wants to be regarded as a traitor, I don't know what to say. Look who they managed to drum up to oppose Trump in the election for the type of talent you can expect. David French and Evan McMullen, names only the most deranged of political junkies know today. Also if you win that primary you are almost certain to lose the election because you just tore your party apart and deposed a sitting president in the eyes of his supporters.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Coldwar timewarp posted:

Republicans fall in line. If you think any of them wants to be regarded as a traitor, I don't know what to say. Look who they managed to drum up to oppose Trump in the election for the type of talent you can expect. David French and Evan McMullen, names only the most deranged of political junkies know today. Also if you win that primary you are almost certain to lose the election because you just tore your party apart and deposed a sitting president in the eyes of his supporters.

People will vote their party regardless of what happens leading up to the election. It isn't about your candidate winning, it's about the other candidate losing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

For the GOP? Reagan challenged Ford in 1976.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Lol they're gonna clear the field so hard it'll make what the DNC did for Hillary look tame

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Republicans still think Trump is good. Unless the economy craters, that will continue. Liberals make a mistake in expecting conservative support of conservative politicians to hinge on policy outcomes. To the average republican voter, policy is irrelevant. What matters is making liberals and the media angry. Thus the endless bathroom bills and miscellaneous small ways of messing with "takers." The only thing strong enough to pierce this entertainment and style driven perspective is politics personally impacting their bottom line. Bush still had overwhelming republican support until the financial crisis.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

Republicans still think Trump is good. Unless the economy craters, that will continue. Liberals make a mistake in expecting conservative support of conservative politicians to hinge on policy outcomes. To the average republican voter, policy is irrelevant. What matters is making liberals and the media angry. Thus the endless bathroom bills and miscellaneous small ways of messing with "takers." The only thing strong enough to pierce this entertainment and style driven perspective is politics personally impacting their bottom line. Bush still had overwhelming republican support until the financial crisis.

Or to put it another way,

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/881550261050847232

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Someone goofed.

https://twitter.com/primunomina/status/882026928877617153

NYSE's API is currently reporting Amazon and Google stock at $123.47. Everything isn't melting, but holy crap what an API fuckup.

https://twitter.com/PaulMest/status/882012722849693697

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

Someone goofed.

https://twitter.com/primunomina/status/882026928877617153

NYSE's API is currently reporting Amazon and Google stock at $123.47. Everything isn't melting, but holy crap what an API fuckup.

https://twitter.com/PaulMest/status/882012722849693697

That noise you're hearing is hundreds of champagne bottles popping over at Microsoft.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Should I be buying some stocks now? How does one do that...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
For one, not after close of trading, and two, that app fuckup isn't going to let you buy at those prices come Wednesday morning when the exchanges open.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://i.imgur.com/sC2VPhp.gifv

lol sure it's already been posted but this Buzz Aldrin reaction is the best

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

http://i.imgur.com/sC2VPhp.gifv

lol sure it's already been posted but this Buzz Aldrin reaction is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWweblGjnU Even Trump is too crazy to be invited to join him in yelling at the moon.

BaconAndBullets fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 4, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
41 states never agree on anything.

But 41 states agree that Kris Kobach's VOTER FRAUD PANEL can go gently caress itself.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/kris-kobach-letter-voter-fraud-commission-information/index.html

:toot:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Happy Independence Day and/or Colonial Treason Day!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Arc Light posted:

Happy Independence Day and/or Colonial Treason Day!

(I'm sorry, I have to, else the Queen would be annoyed at me).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Hexyflexy posted:

(I'm sorry, I have to, else the Queen would be annoyed at me).

that's the look of a parent resigned to knowing their less popular child is never leaving the nest, while the more popular one goes out every weekend and gets arrested for letting an alligator drunk drive their car through a krystal.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Why do people swap their first and last-ish names on Facebook?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Suicide Watch posted:

Why do people swap their first and last-ish names on Facebook?

Keeps potential employers from looking up your idiot opinions.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Keeps potential employers from looking up your idiot opinions.

loving :lol: if you don't have that poo poo locked down tight. I mean there's a really good argument to be made for not having one at all, but if you're gonna do it holy fuckballs don't leave it open to the world for every jackass with google to find out what they want about you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

People and all their constant edgy nick names on fb and poo poo was annoying I think fb finally made it a while back that you can only name change every-so-often?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

People and all their constant edgy nick names on fb and poo poo was annoying I think fb finally made it a while back that you can only name change every-so-often?

Back in 2008 a friend changed her middle name on Facebook to Hussein and I thought she'd actually changed her middle name to Hussein because it never occurred to me someone would do that just to show support (I guess) to a dude who was running for president in a country 8000 km away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

bird food bathtub posted:

loving :lol: if you don't have that poo poo locked down tight. I mean there's a really good argument to be made for not having one at all, but if you're gonna do it holy fuckballs don't leave it open to the world for every jackass with google to find out what they want about you.

It's cool how lots of sites made it so you have to use fb to post comments on their articles and it did nothing to stop the tide of racist/sexist/etc offensive comments.

• Locked thread