Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Frankston posted:

John Terry to Aston Villa is a done deal? I think?

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/881840731551391744
That was garbage then it was pretty amusing at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This video gave me AIDS

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
mods rename me Dr.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Incredibly cool announcement!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Kitception.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The jaw that launched a thousand ships.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

villa should be docked points for that whatsapp thing

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thirteenth Step posted:

villa should be docked points for that whatsapp thing

They already signed John Terry

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

trem_two posted:

Hakan Calhanoglu is apparently in Milan for his medical with Milan tomorrow, €20m transfer fee.

that's a loving steal, was he on his last year or something?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

vivisectvnv posted:

His contract with Leverkusen was until summer 2019.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Surprised no-one mentioned Ribery in the list of players who were poo poo until they were good

otoh Oxlade-Chamberlain is not Franck Ribery

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

vivisectvnv posted:

20m + addons bringing the total up to 30m is what I heard. I'd be pissed if we let him go for 20 flat.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kcer posted:

tbf it was a bit silly. Who nears their peak at 23? Even just a random glance at average squad ages shows that that's wrong.

Most football stattos agree that the old "peak in late 20s" idea was complete poo poo and in reality most players peak in their early twenties and maintain much the same level until the big 30 starts killing them.

Late bloomers do happen but there's usually reasons for it. Oxlade-Chamberlain has been at top clubs his whole life. He's not Jamie Vardy working summers in Magaluf and drinking skittle vodka every night after training.

He's also not going to leave London's gay scene.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

shut up blegum posted:

Apparently Leicester made a €21 million bid for Gent keeper Lovre Kalinic.
On one hand, he's a great keeper and I'd hate to see him leave, but on the other hand, we paid like €3 million 6 months ago...

Is Schmeichel leaving or what?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Noted perfect real simulation Football Manager already has players hitting their potential ability by 24 or so, after that their stats change in a sidewards way. As a 29 year old man who regularly plays amateur cricket and footie I kinda agree, loving lol at the idea of this being my prime.

Milan have been killing it, it seems they swooped in for an out of favour Rodriguez and Calhanoglu, but maybe scouts of big clubs noticed something in those players that put em off? Obviously Calhanoglu is probably just untrustworthy but why did Rodriguez go for so cheap this window when he was so highly rated for a move to a big club before? One mediocre season shouldn't change the fact that he was expected to become a world class left back?

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 3, 2017

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'm having a hard time believe that this Milan money is real. I'm waiting for something to really fall apart. I have a feeling that selling Bacca and Donnarumma was probably supposed to cover a lot of this and it's looking increasingly likely that at least one of them will stay.

If Donnarumma doesn't renew this week though, I feel like the club should sell him immediately. I'm surprised there has been this much patience with him and that fat oval office Raiola so far to be honest. Big Silvio would've thrown him out at the first chance and then signed 15 garbagemen from Genoa and Joe Hart.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

sassassin posted:

Most football stattos agree that the old "peak in late 20s" idea was complete poo poo and in reality most players peak in their early twenties and maintain much the same level until the big 30 starts killing them.

Late bloomers do happen but there's usually reasons for it. Oxlade-Chamberlain has been at top clubs his whole life. He's not Jamie Vardy working summers in Magaluf and drinking skittle vodka every night after training.

He's also not going to leave London's gay scene.

There's two Manchester clubs and Brighton in the Prem now, so he's got options outside London

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm having a hard time believe that this Milan money is real. I'm waiting for something to really fall apart. I have a feeling that selling Bacca and Donnarumma was probably supposed to cover a lot of this and it's looking increasingly likely that at least one of them will stay.

If Donnarumma doesn't renew this week though, I feel like the club should sell him immediately. I'm surprised there has been this much patience with him and that fat oval office Raiola so far to be honest. Big Silvio would've thrown him out at the first chance and then signed 15 garbagemen from Genoa and Joe Hart.

If that leaked Milan business plan is true it all seems pretty drat shady

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No one who speaks Italian could ever be corrupt.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

sassassin posted:

No one who speaks Italian could ever be corrupt.

These Chinese dudes most definitely do not speak Italian lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Gigi Galli posted:

These Chinese dudes most definitely do not speak Italian lol

Assuming they've got ten fingers and two wrists, I'm sure they're conversationally fluent

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Surprised no-one mentioned Ribery in the list of players who were poo poo until they were good

otoh Oxlade-Chamberlain is not Franck Ribery

Arsenal ladies U16 squad breathe a huge sigh of relief.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Milan have been killing it, it seems they swooped in for an out of favour Rodriguez and Calhanoglu, but maybe scouts of big clubs noticed something in those players that put em off? Obviously Calhanoglu is probably just untrustworthy but why did Rodriguez go for so cheap this window when he was so highly rated for a move to a big club before? One mediocre season shouldn't change the fact that he was expected to become a world class left back?

Yeah I'm really surprised by Rodriguez, going so cheap and so quickly when there's a serious lack of left backs on the market. Especially given how much his name was bandied about last summer as one of the few really good left backs out there who wasn't already at a club they'll never leave.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Just did some Youtube research on Keita, I'm getting excited.

He looks very rapid

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
George Weah's cousin son signs for PSG

Timothy Weah has followed in the footsteps of his Ballon d'Or-winning father George by signing a professional contract with Paris St-Germain.

The 17-year-old forward has signed a three-year deal with PSG, the club George represented from 1992 to 1995.

There have already been hints that it is a case of like father, like son.

In September 2016, the younger Weah scored a hat-trick in an 8-1 win over Bulgarian side Ludogorets on his Uefa Youth League debut.

"I am very proud to continue the adventure," said Weah, who was born in New York and joined New York Red Bulls before moving to PSG's academy in July 2014.

"I am in a big club and I look forward to continuing to progress so that I can one day play for the first team."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40487891

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I thought that Aston Villa whatsapp announcement video regarding Terry was a parody, but it's an official club media thing :stare:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/882135069191806976

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
A little late, but Karim Rekik moved from Marseille to Hertha Berlin, and this gives me reason to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAt9O5gvA4M

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Steven Taylor's got a new look.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

like a new signing!!!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

like a new signing!!!

Also Henri Saivet, Manu Rivière, Krul, and Armstrong! Throw in Gouffran there too, maybe.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Iborra seems to be headed from Sevilla to Leicester. Is he still good at 29? £12m is almost suspiciously cheap these days

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

elbkaida posted:

Is Schmeichel leaving or what?

I've read that United want him as a De Gea replacement. So maybe?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

donnarumma has signed a new contract
https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/882188491794391040

:thunk:

Jose fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 4, 2017

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Also Henri Saivet, Manu Rivière, Krul, and Armstrong! Throw in Gouffran there too, maybe.

lol gently caress I'd forgotten all about Rivière

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The next Mbappe
https://twitter.com/Metro_Sport/status/882158490374086657

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Looks like Howson's going to Boro

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://twitter.com/Official_ITFC/status/881905811932540928
https://twitter.com/Official_ITFC/status/881907147004661760

The correct reaction to having to spend any time in Ipswich

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/htafcdotcom/status/882237541021253632