Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

witchcore ricepunk posted:

*I've been thinking a lot about pronouns when I write about this person and I think because she gave her name to George as Shannon, the core persona IDs as a woman ??? Please tell me if you think I'm being awful!

I wanted to respond here, because there are a lot of points you've been thinking about that I've been thinking about too, but this point in particular, here, has been taking up a lot of my thoughts. I don't think anyone's going to yell at you yet- after all, there is no proof that (and there are so many names at this point that I'm just going to go with) The Culprit doesn't identify as a woman-, however... there are a number of really interesting moments that indicate to me a fascinating understanding of gender on their part. A lot of them are in these first few episodes, granted... but you have the Twin Demons of deliberately ambiguous gender, so ambiguous we don't even know if those genders are the traditional heteronormative ones or not; we have the odd exchange between Battler and Ronove in the beginning about the game both "lacking love" described in a feminine manner and "lacking honor" in a masculine one (why give both, and why classify them through gender?); and we have Ronove and Virgilia themselves, who a lot of us assume are these idealized fantasy versions of Genji and Kumasawa, but maybe not... in fact there's just a whole load of fantasy figure populating the narrative of the Culprit (at least two of which are full fledged identities they take on, a man and a woman- and not even that is a sure thing) that it's difficult to say which of them is the core. The strongest identity they have... is that of a Witch, and this identity, while it involves the trappings of femininity in big poofy dresses and ladies hairstyles, is defined mostly as "one who poses unanswerable problems in the form of closed room mystery." And that's it- no other signifiers, no nothing. Gender is pretty well avoided entirely by the culprit throughout the story, and the one time it's brought up, it's in a negative light- it's that moment in Ep2 when Beato flipped out and started shrieking about how "men are flies and maggots" and ranting about the "black lust" they have (and oh boy, does that now have all kinds of fun interpretations now that things like Cliff baby have come into the picture, doesn't it? :smith:). So, I really dunno... but I'm using they/them/theirs just in case, for such is the difficulty when you just can't ask somebody about their pronouns. (A question that would get you a lot of blank looks in this story in particular, as Japanese does not have gendered pronouns, as such- just indications of the number of persons involved and the degree of deference due to them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Updated my previous post! Thank you!

Graylien posted:

I think the starting work at 6 was likely because core person, (who I'm not even sure is Sayo, giving the name to George may just be a way of manipulating him, or if she truely loves him, and it does seem like she does, but whether it's just Shannon who does, or is Core does as well, who knows, then Sayo could be Shannon's real name, but not Cores, but that also gets a bit confusing), anyway, they stated work at 6 because they were there already. We know that Kinzo kept a Beatrice locked up from birth, and I wouldn't put it past him doing it again. At what point the plan went from 'raise my new waifu' to 'raise a slave' I don't know, but I think somewhere along the way 'raise child as my heir by giving them to Natsuhi' was part of the plan. I think some people theorised that cliff baby was Kinzo and Beato2's child back when we first found out about them, and I think that seems reasonable.

My question is, why not send the child far, far away from insane incestuous dad/grandpa? My guess is that Kinzo must not have known about them surviving the fall, since I think he would have handled Sayo's situation differently if he was planning on having them become a proper Ushiromiya. If he did know, why did he go from wanting to bring up his heir to enslaving them?

resurgam40 posted:

The strongest identity they have... is that of a Witch, and this identity, while it involves the trappings of femininity in big poofy dresses and ladies hairstyles, is defined mostly as "one who poses unanswerable problems in the form of closed room mystery." And that's it- no other signifiers, no nothing. Gender is pretty well avoided entirely by the culprit throughout the story, and the one time it's brought up, it's in a negative light- it's that moment in Ep2 when Beato flipped out and started shrieking about how "men are flies and maggots" and ranting about the "black lust" they have (and oh boy, does that now have all kinds of fun interpretations now that things like Cliff baby have come into the picture, doesn't it? :smith:). So, I really dunno... but I'm using they/them/theirs just in case, for such is the difficulty when you just can't ask somebody about their pronouns. (A question that would get you a lot of blank looks in this story in particular, as Japanese does not have gendered pronouns, as such- just indications of the number of persons involved and the degree of deference due to them).

Yes!! I agree with this read of the Beatrice persona, that her diatribe in E2 came from Sayo's anger at their father and, accordingly, horror about the circumstances of their birth.

And while I'm not completely into the idea that Sayo derived their personality from Battler's flippant comments, there's also that line he said, something like, "We can talk freely without worrying about gender." Did that line in particular really resonate with Sayo? What's hosed up is that somewhere along the way, that idea got shoved aside in favor of "Furniture cannot love." And I think that furniture as a concept here has a lot to do with the body and sex, considering how central it is as a wrench in Shannon's romantic plot.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

My question is, why not send the child far, far away from insane incestuous dad/grandpa? My guess is that Kinzo must not have known about them surviving the fall, since I think he would have handled Sayo's situation differently if he was planning on having them become a proper Ushiromiya. If he did know, why did he go from wanting to bring up his heir to enslaving them?

Given how crazed Kinzo is, It's probable he saw the "death" as Beatrice escaping for good - it'd be the third time, and 3's a very significant number in occultism - so third time's the charm and she slipped away for good, and when the cliff baby was recovered later, he doesn't seen it as a vessel of his beloved witch, but a broken vase.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
By the way, EP7 is probably beginning tomorrow. So, here's one last teaser in the meantime, starring one of my favorite songs in the whole series.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ProfessorProf posted:

By the way, EP7 is probably beginning tomorrow. So, here's one last teaser in the meantime, starring one of my favorite songs in the whole series.

So even the thread will get some fireworks on the 4th of July.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Thr culprit's gender identity is witch. Preferred pronoun is ahaha/*cackle.*

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I was trying to finish translating one of the TIPS during the break but, as expected, this level of LP'ing is possible for ProfessorProf.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

Robindaybird posted:

Given how crazed Kinzo is, It's probable he saw the "death" as Beatrice escaping for good - it'd be the third time, and 3's a very significant number in occultism - so third time's the charm and she slipped away for good, and when the cliff baby was recovered later, he doesn't seen it as a vessel of his beloved witch, but a broken vase.

gently caress, that's cold :smith:

ProfessorProf posted:

That music is great but the trailer itself is so stingy with new details!

witchcore ricepunk fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 3, 2017

Confused Llama
Jan 15, 2008
The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

resurgam40 posted:

The strongest identity they have... is that of a Witch, and this identity, while it involves the trappings of femininity in big poofy dresses and ladies hairstyles, is defined mostly as "one who poses unanswerable problems in the form of closed room mystery."

oath2order posted:

Thr culprit's gender identity is witch. Preferred pronoun is ahaha/*cackle.*

Actually, I believe that the text has explicitly associated the term "witch" with the feminine. At least, both men we've seen with equivalent statuses, Kinzo and Battler, have been called Sorcerers instead of Witches, and at the end of Episode 5, there are multiple instances where the text starts to call Battler a witch and then corrects itself. I'd thought the gender association was made explicit in one of those instances, but I'm not finding it, so maybe that was my own assumption coloring my reading.

ProfessorProf posted:

And yet, to think that Battler... had become a witch... a sorcerer, and capable of using red without proof!! However, she had her own Inquisitor of Heresy who could also use red without proof to counter!!

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Jin, did you forget to buy groceries? ... Looks like air for dinner. Again.

Confused Llama posted:

Actually, I believe that the text has explicitly associated the term "witch" with the feminine. At least, both men we've seen with equivalent statuses, Kinzo and Battler, have been called Sorcerers instead of Witches, and at the end of Episode 5, there are multiple instances where the text starts to call Battler a witch and then corrects itself. I'd thought the gender association was made explicit in one of those instances, but I'm not finding it, so maybe that was my own assumption coloring my reading.

According to the "Memoirs of Lady Lambdadelta" bonus update from the previous thread, "Strictly speaking, even if it's a male, you can still call him a witch. Therefore, you can't conclude that the gender of this 'person' is female by means of the speech "I want to become a witch.""

Also, did someone post the motion graphic for EP6 and I missed?

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

Rune Full Moon posted:

According to the "Memoirs of Lady Lambdadelta" bonus update from the previous thread, "Strictly speaking, even if it's a male, you can still call him a witch. Therefore, you can't conclude that the gender of this 'person' is female by means of the speech "I want to become a witch.""

Ohhh, I wonder if that was explicitly written to express Sayo's gender neutrality (I don't know how else to characterize it atm but this seems the most accurate). It seems like, while Sayo may not be strictly a man or woman, they come off as femme, at least. Sounds like a lot of my friends :)

Confused Llama
Jan 15, 2008
The llama is a quadruped which lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, a forehead, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

Rune Full Moon posted:

Oh, good call, thanks. So maybe the Sorcerer distinction refers to something else.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
^^^ The first thing that comes to my mind is Battler inherited his game board rather than creating it himself.

Ohhh, I wonder if that was explicitly written to express Sayo's gender neutrality (I don't know how else to characterize it atm but this seems the most accurate). It seems like, while Sayo may not be strictly a man or woman, they come off as femme, at least. Sounds like a lot of my friends :)

And yet you keep refering to them as Sayo despite the lack of any evidence that that name is any more real or true than Yoshiya. It is very rude to poor Kanon-kun and Beato.

The only safe option is an unholy amalgam of as many names as possible. Shayoshiknotrice.

I joke but it really does bother me when everyone goes on about Sayo as if it's all settled and she's the 'real' one rather than an equal third of this fractional soul action.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

Rune Full Moon posted:

Also, did someone post the motion graphic for EP6 and I missed?

Oh poo poo, I knew I forgot to do something. I'll have that up later tonight.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

It's probably the servants doing this, right? So do they have the resources to send the child away? They might have some relatives (we've seen a couple), but are those relatives willing to accept a foundling? I assume they used Fukuin House to launder the kid and then brought the child back to the island for safekeeping. They probably feel responsible for Sayo's well-being at this point.

As for Kinzo, yeah, I assume he was clueless, at least initially. I've been wondering if the epitaph might have been an attempt to see if Beatrice still existed somewhere; possibly because he suspected she might have reincarnated again. Amusing as it is, I don't think that whole thing could strictly be a reaction to Krauss's general incompetence.

Speaking of Beatrice, we've got some unanswered questions about her, too, like who the original was and where the gold she had came from. My guesses on those: the time period probably matches up for this to be Nazi Gold. For people who haven't heard that story, the idea is that the Nazis used loot from their victims to finance some of the war effort, and that a lot of that wealth probably disappeared into Swiss banks before the end of the war. There are persistent stories about large quantities of gold remaining, though; there's even some basis for it, because some was discovered during the war. (Look up Merkers Mine if you're curious.) It's not entirely impossible that an Italian might have brought some to Japan, since Germany, Italy, and Japan were the Axis powers. When the war ended, Kinzo probably just appropriated it, and, ah, apparently kidnapped the Italian representative? Something along those lines. It's possible it was consensual, too. If she was a Mussolini supporter, she probably didn't have much of a home to go back to and might have welcomed refuge. I'm just going to pretend that's how it went for now.

Edit:

ZiegeDame posted:

I joke but it really does bother me when everyone goes on about Sayo as if it's all settled and she's the 'real' one rather than an equal third of this fractional soul action.

Originally we'd settled on Sayo because it looked like using that name was a good trick to allow "Shannon" to die, before we knew about all this multiple persona stuff. Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm mostly using it out of habit now, since it's unlikely to be their real name. I don't have a good replacement, though.

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 3, 2017

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Hmm, looking at that trailer, it seems more likely to me that it's OG Beatrice/Kinzo in the portrait we saw.

I saw a flash of Ange with what looks like a new outfit in that section with all the characters speeding by.

Confused Llama posted:

From what I can tell, that's just him inheriting the "Endless" bit, but not the "Golden" section, which are explicitly defined as separate in one of the Tips.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
endless incompetence

my theory is that the new characters are Ideal!Sayo/Yoshiya while the dude is Sayo's ideal version of Battler.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 3, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

endless incompetence

my theory is that the new characters are Ideal!Sayo/Yoshiya while the dude is Sayo's ideal version of Battler.

So ideal Battler would actually look Japanese instead of like an anime?

Makes sense. I wouldn't want to marry an anime, myself.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Speaking of Beatrice, we've got some unanswered questions about her, too, like who the original was and where the gold she had came from. My guesses on those: the time period probably matches up for this to be Nazi Gold. For people who haven't heard that story, the idea is that the Nazis used loot from their victims to finance some of the war effort, and that a lot of that wealth probably disappeared into Swiss banks before the end of the war. There are persistent stories about large quantities of gold remaining, though; there's even some basis for it, because some was discovered during the war. (Look up Merkers Mine if you're curious.) It's not entirely impossible that an Italian might have brought some to Japan, since Germany, Italy, and Japan were the Axis powers. When the war ended, Kinzo probably just appropriated it, and, ah, apparently kidnapped the Italian representative? Something along those lines. It's possible it was consensual, too. If she was a Mussolini supporter, she probably didn't have much of a home to go back to and might have welcomed refuge. I'm just going to pretend that's how it went for now.

It's definitely a very plausible theory, or she fled because she opposed mossolini, or a number of other things, any sort of wealthy aristocrat fleeing the war. I suspect however the actual source of the gold matters very little compare to the relationship it fueled.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't know, the new dude looks way more anime. I'm pretty sure I saw his coat outfit on some other videogame character.

Confused Llama
Jan 15, 2008

Cyouni posted:

From what I can tell, that's just him inheriting the "Endless" bit, but not the "Golden" section, which are explicitly defined as separate in one of the Tips.

Hm, I would have assumed that the ability to use the gold truth would quality him for the "Golden" title.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I'm just gonna spitball based on nothing that it's a young Beatrice and their brother who's anti-magic to an extreme. I mean Erika is loving dead so Battler needs a new rival, why not an older brother to reflect that he should remember his sister is gonna have a lovely life without him.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

idonotlikepeas posted:

It's probably the servants doing this, right? So do they have the resources to send the child away? They might have some relatives (we've seen a couple), but are those relatives willing to accept a foundling? I assume they used Fukuin House to launder the kid and then brought the child back to the island for safekeeping. They probably feel responsible for Sayo's well-being at this point.

OK, I can certainly see this, especially since Kanon refers to Genji and Kumasawa as his de facto mother and father in his "death" scene in E6. I can feel for those two and their good intentions, but it really seems like they failed. And perhaps that's why they were killed.

idonotlikepeas posted:

This is fascinating! Thanks for the tip on Merkers Mine. The possibility that the gold was "appropriated" from Axis-occupied territories and/or Holocaust victims paints a whole 'nother layer onto this. No wonder it's cursed.

Also uhhh this looks a little familiar, doesn't it? It's Mussolini's personal standard, apparently. To spell it out: the blade of the fasces sure looks a whole lot like a one-winged eagle! :black101:

idonotlikepeas posted:

Originally we'd settled on Sayo because it looked like using that name was a good trick to allow "Shannon" to die, before we knew about all this multiple persona stuff. Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm mostly using it out of habit now, since it's unlikely to be their real name. I don't have a good replacement, though.

Same. I was thinking maybe Beatrice III or something would be appropriate. That depends on that person truly being the cliff baby, though.

witchcore ricepunk fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 3, 2017

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

OK, I can certainly see this, especially since Kanon refers to Genji and Kumasawa as his de facto mother and father in his "death" scene in E6. I can feel for those two and their good intentions, but it really seems like they failed. And perhaps that's why they were killed.

"No-one survives, all die." Everyone on the island has to die. It's an extremely elaborate murder/suicide. Even Maria dies and it seems like she was their only friend.

Same. I was thinking maybe Beatrice III or something would be appropriate. That depends on that person truly being the cliff baby, though.

How about Yamada? I'm told that Yamada Taro is kind of like "John Smith", so if we take just the "Smith" part, it's sort of like referring to X with an unknown gender.

Also uhhh this looks a little familiar, doesn't it? It's Mussolini's personal standard, apparently.

Check out the symbol of the Italian Social Republic, too:

Might explain why you'd have eagle wings on the gold bars if there wasn't room for the whole thing.

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 3, 2017

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

OK, I'm on board with Yamada! Or Yama if you wanna be cute :shittydog:

The Italian fascist gold theory seems more and more likely seeing that big ol' eagle for sure. It makes sense too, since I think one of the themes of this work is "sins of the father" and how Yama suffers because of that.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Rune Full Moon posted:

Just to mention because the original translation of that sentence makes my head hurt, this is how I would have translated it:

※Translator's note: Strictly speaking, the word 'witch' can be used to refer to both male and female witches. Therefore, the speaker's gender cannot be concluded just from their wish to be a witch.

Presumably R07 added this so called "translator's note" because the Japanese word for witch 魔女, explicitly has the kanji 女 (female, woman etc.) in it. He even uses the English word 'witch' here.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 3, 2017

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Yama's fine with me, although I do have some other associations with that name. Hell, maybe that's even appropriate.

tiistai posted:

Just to mention because the original translation of that sentence makes my head hurt, this is how I would have translated it:

※Translator's note: Strictly speaking, the word 'witch' can be used to refer to both male and female witches. Therefore, the speaker's gender cannot be concluded just from their wish to be a witch.

Presumably R07 added this so called "translator's note" because the Japanese word for witch 魔女, explicitly has the kanji 女 (female, woman etc.) in it. He even uses the English word 'witch' here.

That's interesting. So it's really just there to keep the gender of the speaker ambiguous rather than necessarily making a larger statement across the game?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

:unsmith:

So I got to thinking about Shannon working since she was 6, which under cliff baby theory means she was actually 9. Unless Shannon/Sayo was created when Yama was 3, but that's not really relevant. More relevant is the idea of a 9 year old that could pass for 6, and what other 9 year olds we know who act like 6 year olds. Hmmmm

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

ZiegeDame posted:

:unsmith:

So I got to thinking about Shannon working since she was 6, which under cliff baby theory means she was actually 9. Unless Shannon/Sayo was created when Yama was 3, but that's not really relevant. More relevant is the idea of a 9 year old that could pass for 6, and what other 9 year olds we know who act like 6 year olds. Hmmmm

Glad you like it, ZD!

It could be that, if Genji and Kumasawa were trying to give Yama a new chance at life, they concealed their true age. So maybe Kinzo didn't know about them.

Perhaps Maria is also a clue, in a way.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

idonotlikepeas posted:

That's interesting. So it's really just there to keep the gender of the speaker ambiguous rather than necessarily making a larger statement across the game?

I can only offer an opinion, but I think it's doing kind of both. That said, that statement was made in bonus material and outside of the actual game. Also, Lambdadelta did start referring to the would-be witch with explicitly female terms shortly after.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

If all of our conjectures are correct, Yamada would be a) a product of incest and b) horribly injured from falling off a cliff. It's not a stretch to imagine abnormal physical development which might allow a nine-year-old to pass for a six-year-old, or contribute to psychological issues or general feelings of worthlessness.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

idonotlikepeas posted:

If all of our conjectures are correct, Yamada would be a) a product of incest and b) horribly injured from falling off a cliff. It's not a stretch to imagine abnormal physical development which might allow a nine-year-old to pass for a six-year-old, or contribute to psychological issues or general feelings of worthlessness.

:negative:

I think this answers a lot of our "why" questions. edit: on reflection, I think things would have turned out very differently if Battler had never met them and they had no reason to stay and wait for him on the island.

It kills me to think that Yama only knew their mother as a witch/spirit.

witchcore ricepunk fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 3, 2017

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The Italian fascist gold theory seems more and more likely seeing that big ol' eagle for sure. It makes sense too, since I think one of the themes of this work is "sins of the father" and how Yama suffers because of that.

The main issue there is that, well, eagles are very, very common imagery, so you have to look at how they're stylized. And the one winged eagle doesn't really match either of those.

Also, explaining away the one winged eagle as part of a larger construction would make more sense if the gold were broken. As is, they're intact ingots and there's no reason to only include part of your logo on gold ingots, if you're bothering with that much effort in the first place.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

Qrr posted:

The main issue there is that, well, eagles are very, very common imagery, so you have to look at how they're stylized. And the one winged eagle doesn't really match either of those.

Also, explaining away the one winged eagle as part of a larger construction would make more sense if the gold were broken. As is, they're intact ingots and there's no reason to only include part of your logo on gold ingots, if you're bothering with that much effort in the first place.

It's not just the eagle, though: it's the combo of Beatrice probably being Italian (based mainly on pronunciation atm), the timing of Kinzo receiving the gold, and the existence of the gold itself that add up to the theory. The eagle thing certainly helps, but I wouldn't say that's the entire basis for the theory. I just stumbled on it while researching what peas was saying.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

Man, I'm excited to get to Episode 7. Episode 6 is...honestly kind of a mess? Like, most of Umineko feels fairly ironclad in its plotting, and a ton of things fall into place in retrospect. Episode 6 kinda stays a mess. Why did the love duel continue after the board ended? What was Battler's storyline actually about? Was Battler really so incompetent, or was he undergoing some desperate gamble to restore Beatrice? *shrug* R07 was going through some hard times, and lets leave it at that. That said, Episode 6 was an interesting experience to relive in the thread. I don't think it would be a spoiler to say that the fandom that existed in 2009 encountered more or less the same, uh...vigorous debate that we saw in the thread over the past few weeks. And by the end, everyone waiting in trepidation to see what the gently caress R07 had up his sleeve.

Well, thanks to whatever mad spirit has possessed Prof to make it this far, you won't need to wait six months to find out what the hell is going on. Episode 7 certainly promises to give the answers you've been waiting for for months. I wonder if knowing the truth of things will satisfy you...?

Edit: BTW Prof aren't there a few post game tips for 6 to put up? I know that there are a few character bios at least.

oath2order fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 4, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

oath2order posted:

Man, I'm excited to get to Episode 7. Episode 6 is...honestly kind of a mess? Like, most of Umineko feels fairly ironclad in its plotting, and a ton of things fall into place in retrospect. Episode 6 kinda stays a mess.

I think this, more than the singularity of the Closed Room Logic Error, speaks of Battler's severe incompetence.

When he tries to make a game, the entire thing is a narrative clusterfuck even on a meta layer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I did enjoy Erika being a horrid rear end in a top hat however.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
For all the discussion of cliff baby, the servant who got pushed is always forgotten. Surely she was important to somebody. Perhaps she had a child who's now an orphan? Or she became the source of the story that bad mouthing Beatrice gets you hurt?

There's no reason this has to be, except the story has a lot of loose ends, but not loose characters; they have a tendency to show back up in some form.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

oath2order posted:

Well, thanks to whatever mad spirit has possessed Prof to make it this far, you won't need to wait six months to find out what the hell is going on. Episode 7 certainly promises to give the answers you've been waiting for for months. I wonder if knowing the truth of things will satisfy you...?

If the game tries to tell us that a witch did it, probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

If the game tries to tell us that a witch did it, probably not.

I mean, look buddy, we've been telling you witches did it with magic since episode 1. At this point you have no one to blame but yourself. :witch:

• Locked thread