Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

How else do you explain it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

I could ask the same of you pearl clutchers

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

predicto posted:

How else do you explain it?

is there a :rolleyes: that vomits other rolleyes can it be called :warriorsfans:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

warcrimes posted:

I could ask the same of you pearl clutchers

A worker is giving up money in favor of capital who hates him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrm im not sure why this guy is actively torpedoing his own career earnings but...wait no ive got it!!! he rightfully recognized that my favorite sports team are the good guys!!! thats it!!!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The selflessness of Kevin Durant to make sure his billionaire owner doesn't have to pay more money to other billionaires. Brings a tear to my eye.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well to be fair, his owner isn't a billionaire. Maybe half a bil.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Light Years Ahead

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
maybe Durant can make up that money and then some in endorsements by being on a championship (contender) team for longer :monocle:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

is there a :rolleyes: that vomits other rolleyes can it be called :warriorsfans:

Being the target of yet another one of your shitposts is a badge of honor my friend

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lacob is gonna make it up under the table to kd just like prokhorov did with kirilenko

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

lmao Kevin Durant has evolved into the perfect holier-than-thou heel

I hope he becomes a born again christian or something just so that everyone here has a complete mental breakdown

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Eltoasto posted:

Well to be fair, his owner isn't a billionaire. Maybe half a bil.

Lacob is a billionaire now tho.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

ragle posted:

maybe Durant can make up that money and then some in endorsements by being on a championship (contender) team for longer :monocle:

Hard to imagine that keeping a potential dynasty together longer might have some value to a player.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

lol "pearl clutchers"

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

euphronius posted:

A worker is giving up money in favor of capital who hates him

Yes, a "worker" who has made way north of $200m+ giving up a few million to try and keep a winning team together. Ugh, disgusting.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ragle posted:

its true, theres a rule you dont get endorsements unless you save your billionaire owner X amount of dollars and actively work to undermine the labor of your fellow players.

predicto posted:

Being the target of yet another one of your shitposts is a badge of honor my friend

i cant tell if you are so full stop retarded you actually think a dude signed with your team for a huge paycut cause of The Patriot Way or not. all signs point to retard tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

warcrimes posted:

Yes, a "worker" who has made way north of $200m+ giving up a few million to try and keep a winning team together. Ugh, disgusting.

Durant is oppressed and the players should own the league

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

lmao Kevin Durant has evolved into the perfect holier-than-thou heel

I hope he becomes a born again christian or something just so that everyone here has a complete mental breakdown

i mean, igs resigned didnt he? kd seems ripe for bitchmade proseletyzing, and igs is basically the bitchmade prophet

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

ex post facho posted:

lacob is gonna make it up under the table to kd just like prokhorov did with kirilenko

KD probably has more money than Lacob does unless Lacob cashes in by selling the team. Most of Lacob's assets are smoke and mirrors that are going to go poof when the tech bubble enters its next deflate cycle.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Things SAS posters will hate someone for: Christianity, taking less money
Things SAS posters will not hate someone for: Manslaughter

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Why didn't Steph also take a discount? Doesn't he want to win??

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

predicto posted:

KD probably has more money than Lacob does unless Lacob cashes in by selling the team. Most of Lacob's assets are smoke and mirrors that are going to go poof when the tech bubble enters its next deflate cycle.

ITT predicto actively argues that a Professional Sports Team Owner is actually, really poor lmao

Wont Someone Think Of The Billionaires

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

leftist heap posted:

Why didn't Steph also take a discount? Doesn't he want to win??

Well, he had previously been on one of best contracts in NBA history, winning 2 MVPs at half of the max

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
He;s not wrong tho. Lacob is a pretend billionaire

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
KD hated playing with Russ so much he's taking a pay cut to stay with a real winner

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

leftist heap posted:

He;s not wrong tho. Lacob is a pretend billionaire

hes absolutely wrong and is espousing the idea that labor is the one that gets rich while Poor Poor Capital must impoverish themselves to keep up with their lavish demands. is predicto a sentient turn of the century political cartoon??? its impossible to say

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

i cant tell if you are so full stop retarded you actually think a dude signed with your team for a huge paycut cause of The Patriot Way or not. all signs point to retard tho

You really are a tremendously unpleasant poster who makes far more than your share of personal attacks on other posters. I'm just telling you in case you don't realize it.

Anyhow, here's a tip: people who already have nearly 200 million dollars in the bank, like KD already does, can afford to do things that others can't. Taking a 10 million paycut for one year so that he can keep a good deal going for longer, in a place that he apparently likes to be, with people he apparently likes to be with, is one of those things.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ghost Dog posted:

torpedoing every single other players bargaining position is not a good thing, and everyone thought he was going to take a max or close to this offseason but instead hes taking a 10m dollar paycut so???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8

:allears: if you think this torpedoes anyone's bargaining position. LeBron, Paul, Westbrook, and George are still gonna get near maxed/maxed next year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

E2M2 posted:

KD hated playing with Russ so much he's taking a pay cut to stay with a real winner

This is a good troll the backing the owners troll is very bad

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

ITT predicto actively argues that a Professional Sports Team Owner is actually, really poor lmao

Wont Someone Think Of The Billionaires

I didn't say he was poor. None of these people are poor.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Doesn't KD already have hundreds of millions in endorsement money? The blowback for the players union (which I can assure you didn't cross his mind for a single second) is lovely, but he's only playing for his own legacy at this point.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lanky rear end nigga

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Thinking of settling on "Kevin Durant just admitted he couldn't win a championship with the caliber of teammates that would surround him on a market value contract" as my official Take on this news. I'll keep everyone posted

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I was gonna call him Lanky Kong but idk if that is racist or not

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Lost in all the Durant noise is the exciting to me news that the Rockets are not trying to trade for Carmelo Anthony and Morey's going to hang onto the nonguaranteed guys barring something "amazing". We're going to war with Shawn Long, Tim Quarterman and Jarrod Uthoff baby

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-to-go-bargain-hunting-no-trade-talks-for-11264437.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

predicto posted:

You really are a tremendously unpleasant poster who makes far more than your share of personal attacks on other posters. I'm just telling you in case you don't realize it.

Anyhow, here's a tip: people who already have nearly 200 million dollars in the bank, like KD already does, can afford to do things that others can't. Taking a 10 million paycut for one year so that he can keep a good deal going for longer, in a place that he apparently likes to be, with people he apparently likes to be with, is one of those things.

it really is a travesty of etiquette when other people will respond to your attacks with attacks of their own. if only i knew my place like kevin durant i guess

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

hes absolutely wrong and is espousing the idea that labor is the one that gets rich while Poor Poor Capital must impoverish themselves to keep up with their lavish demands. is predicto a sentient turn of the century political cartoon??? its impossible to say

Labor gets absolutely hosed over in this country. At the Kevin Durant level... errr... not so much.

Cesar Chavez isn't rolling over in his grave because a guy worth 200 mil took a one year discount on his contract.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

Thinking of settling on "Kevin Durant just admitted he couldn't win a championship with the caliber of teammates that would surround him on a market value contract" as my official Take on this news. I'll keep everyone posted

What about "Kevin Durant had to take a paycut because Steph Curry was too selfish to do it". I offer up that take for free my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

it really is a travesty of etiquette when other people will respond to your attacks with attacks of their own. if only i knew my place like kevin durant i guess

Ahhh... the ol' KD is an Uncle Tom gambit. One of my favorites.

• Locked thread