Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I installed a battery as Tommy today. I have to say, as a Chad, I was shocked at how easy it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Grey Fox posted:

I know your struggle.

Also, hey, I got to play as Jason during Giant Bomb's community stream! I'm the second Jason.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/midweek-multiplayer-madness-friday-the-13th/2300-12355/

I was the guy who hosed up the boat escape and then hit you in the face with an axe.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Inside Out Mom posted:

So apparently today was gently caress with Dungeons day. Made a vid. Sorry I wasn't able to get back on. Had to be a dad and by the time I got back you all were done for the day it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10RxcsPYt0I

Oh hey, you caught me getting birdbathed in my attempt to stall Jason long enough for you guys to get away in the car :haw:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Icedude posted:

Oh hey, you caught me getting birdbathed in my attempt to stall Jason long enough for you guys to get away in the car :haw:

And now you know what your life was worth to him

So the most notable thing that happened in my last batch of games. I spawned in, staring at the boat. Literally, could not be closer unless I was already in it. I did not move for a solid three minutes just so Jason could come over and see where the gently caress I was.

I then did absolutely dick all except wander around with way cooler people, watched One Particular Person put both the gas and the propeller into the boat, and then stole the second seat when another person with a shotgun stole it from him.

We were the only ones to live.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Grem posted:

Tonight I was in a lobby where all night we'd track down and kill glitchers if one showed up, it was nice. Hopefully the mentality grows.

I was doing this tonight. I can't wait to get banned when one of these guys video clips me glitching into the wall to kill them glitching.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

And now you know what your life was worth to him

So the most notable thing that happened in my last batch of games. I spawned in, staring at the boat. Literally, could not be closer unless I was already in it. I did not move for a solid three minutes just so Jason could come over and see where the gently caress I was.

I then did absolutely dick all except wander around with way cooler people, watched One Particular Person put both the gas and the propeller into the boat, and then stole the second seat when another person with a shotgun stole it from him.

We were the only ones to live.

Sorry it took so long to get over there but I had to protect my phone and radio from some miscreants. I'm starting to get more comfortable as Jason now and it's actually kind of fun where it used to feel like a slog.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
take me down to the Scaradise City where the grass is green and the girls are laying in pieces everywhere OH GOD IT'S JASON VOORHEES SEND EVERY LAST MOTHERFUCKING COP-

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Inside Out Mom posted:

So apparently today was gently caress with Dungeons day. Made a vid. Sorry I wasn't able to get back on. Had to be a dad and by the time I got back you all were done for the day it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10RxcsPYt0I

It was almost cathartic. Like, they were loving with you the entire time with blocking you in and generally being shitlords, and then you're just like "Oh, this is a really nice four seater car. It'd be a shame if something we're to happen to it." And then you just Susan Smith-ed it right into the lake.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
"That was some nonsense"

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Skunkrocker posted:

It was almost cathartic. Like, they were loving with you the entire time with blocking you in and generally being shitlords, and then you're just like "Oh, this is a really nice four seater car. It'd be a shame if something we're to happen to it." And then you just Susan Smith-ed it right into the lake.

Was only trying to save my precious campers from their inevitable terrifying deaths.

And Tinfoil, your sacrifice was not in vain. Think of the memories.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Icedude, Thanks for putting the propeller on the boat for me and Burk. I'm sorry there wasn't another seat for you, but I needed room for my rifle. You made a good stand on Jason's island and I was cheering for you.

Sincerely, SargoTiffany.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Zaffy posted:

Icedude, Thanks for putting the propeller on the boat for me and Burk. I'm sorry there wasn't another seat for you, but I needed room for my rifle. You made a good stand on Jason's island and I was cheering for you.

Sincerely, SargoTiffany.

Goddammit that was a good game; absolutely floored by Ice's performance. Did you stream that one? Would love to see a replay everything post you giving him the shaft.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Are there any PS4 regulars who would like to do private matches on a regular basis? Half of the quick play matches I do end with spending ten minutes watching people hangout on the roof.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Timeless Appeal posted:

Are there any PS4 regulars who would like to do private matches on a regular basis? Half of the quick play matches I do end with spending ten minutes watching people hangout on the roof.

Add everyone listed in the OP and also me if I am not listed in the OP. I am codenamefangio. It's not too tough to get a group together in the evenings.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Skunkrocker posted:

Goddammit that was a good game; absolutely floored by Ice's performance. Did you stream that one? Would love to see a replay everything post you giving him the shaft.

No, I didn't record anything yesterday. :/

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Zaffy posted:

Sincerely, SargoTiffany.

I absolutely knew that was coming when I realized there were 3 of us going to the boat and I was the one with the propeller. I also gassed the boat up earlier too so you two escaped entirely on my work :v:

I'm also honestly surprised I lasted as long as I did against Jason on the island, even if he wasn't trying to grab me; definitely converted me to the camp of 'always keep Thick Skinned on every counselor forever'. If I'd had a weapon other than a wrench I would have totally stayed for round 2 instead of trying and failing to be sneaky.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

imweasel09 posted:

I was the guy who hosed up the boat escape and then hit you in the face with an axe.
Haaaa

yeah you seemed like one of the few that knew what he was doing

I tried to throw Abby out a second story window, but the move wasn't working despite the visible E prompt

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Icedude posted:

I absolutely knew that was coming when I realized there were 3 of us going to the boat and I was the one with the propeller. I also gassed the boat up earlier too so you two escaped entirely on my work :v:

I know you did. I watched you. Because I refused to move from where I spawned.

I was going to live or die on that loving boat.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Icedude posted:

I'm also honestly surprised I lasted as long as I did against Jason on the island, even if he wasn't trying to grab me; definitely converted me to the camp of 'always keep Thick Skinned on every counselor forever'. If I'd had a weapon other than a wrench I would have totally stayed for round 2 instead of trying and failing to be sneaky.

You blocked most of my swings so you took less damage from them, which can really help. I assumed you were trying to distract me from something and I was pretty happy when it was confirmed and I managed to stop it. It was the car. Also, I really wasn't trying to terrorize you for most of the game. I had to leave Blair's Cove because someone was trying to mess with the phone, but I hadn't had time to cut the power there so I had to morph back after chasing them off. After that, you just kept being loud and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Anyone know how the report button is working out? Mass bans or is it mostly a do-nothing button.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grem posted:

Anyone know how the report button is working out? Mass bans or is it mostly a do-nothing button.

A couple days ago they had 300+ people banned already, I think they're asking for video proof of it though

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

joylessdivision posted:

Oh yeah, it's just more fun because I hate spending 20 minutes spectating a match because I happened to be right where Jason spawned. poo poo is lame.

I still have a bunch of videos I recorded on my Xbox I need to edit and post to Youtube. Mostly amusing glitches and a counselor fight club that sadly doesn't have the hilarious commentary from the two dudes trying to kill each other, and my one 8/8 game as NES Jason where Stryker tried to get away in the car. He did a pretty good job but I still dragged him out and hacked him up.

That was a good game. The next game ended in like 5 minutes because they called the cops and mobbed me with a pack of Adam's. I'm pretty sure Stryker was the only one I killed that game. Possibly twice because I think he came back as Tommy and tried to escape.

:glomp: nothing personal dude, but after watching everyone else steam roll my rear end that game, you had to die.

It's always frustrating when you lose a round as Jason because of how things spawned. Sure it's awesome to be a counselor and get out in under 5 minutes because miracle of miracles all the car parts are near by and Jason is busy somewhere else, but it sucks to be Jason in that situation.

Also gently caress you roaming packs of Adam :argh:

Post them! I want to relive my glorious deaths from my murderer's POV.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
For future reference in goon games, be wary of open windows because they may be trapped. My teachings are starting to spread and it is glorious indeed. As is jumping in the car and escaping with the Sweater. Much fun.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

codenameFANGIO posted:

Add everyone listed in the OP and also me if I am not listed in the OP. I am codenamefangio. It's not too tough to get a group together in the evenings.

My name isn't in the OP but add me as well. I work swing shift 12 hour days so I'm not on super often but I'd love to play when I am.

I'm actually off tonight and will be looking for a game.

PSN: DravenRaziel

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

So, anyone who knows me knows I love to mod games. Everything from giving the Scout a mohawk to putting Dickbutt on a Payday 2 mask. So, naturally, I got the PC version of this game.

So far I've discovered two things.

1. It seems that the textures and materials for handling counselor skins also includes code for shaders that affect clothing colors. None of Buggzy's other jackets seem to be included inside the files, just his standard red and white one. AJs shirts do have additional artwork, showing the various band logos she wears, but again it's all the same color. Logically I assume it's less intensive and more efficient to have as few raster skins as possible but will make modding more difficult.
2. All pre rendered video is un packaged mp4 files just sitting in the folder. Not sure if you can edit these without the game wigging our yet... but I'm gonna try.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

So, anyone who knows me knows I love to mod games. Everything from giving the Scout a mohawk to putting Dickbutt on a Payday 2 mask. So, naturally, I got the PC version of this game.

So far I've discovered two things.

1. It seems that the textures and materials for handling counselor skins also includes code for shaders that affect clothing colors. None of Buggzy's other jackets seem to be included inside the files, just his standard red and white one. AJs shirts do have additional artwork, showing the various band logos she wears, but again it's all the same color. Logically I assume it's less intensive and more efficient to have as few raster skins as possible but will make modding more difficult.
2. All pre rendered video is un packaged mp4 files just sitting in the folder. Not sure if you can edit these without the game wigging our yet... but I'm gonna try.

I would be pretty surprised if you couldn't do something with the mp4s, even if it's just replacing them with a blank video so things load faster.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Regrettable posted:

I would be pretty surprised if you couldn't do something with the mp4s, even if it's just replacing them with a blank video so things load faster.

you are subject to some desync with the rest of the group which can lead to some issues if you meddle with the intro and outro videos, but i long since invalidated the title screen videos with their absurd loving noise levels and i'm a much happier man for it

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Coolguye posted:

you are subject to some desync with the rest of the group which can lead to some issues if you meddle with the intro and outro videos, but i long since invalidated the title screen videos with their absurd loving noise levels and i'm a much happier man for it

Is that based on video length? Like, would it be possible to just replace all of the videos with exactly the same content, only you dub in something funny when Chad makes his o face? Or would any difference at all cause a desync issue? Also, yeah I was going to test this but I was glad you did it already, now I know I can finally start the game in peace.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Coolguye posted:

Did you remove them entirely or did you replace them with something else? I wasn't sure if the game wouldn't start or if steam would replace the missing files.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ghostpilot posted:

Did you remove them entirely or did you replace them with something else? I wasn't sure if the game wouldn't start or if steam would replace the missing files.
i renamed them on the off chance i'd need them and some poo poo blew up. steam will totally replace the missing files if you verify cache, but until then it's not a problem.

Skunkrocker posted:

Is that based on video length? Like, would it be possible to just replace all of the videos with exactly the same content, only you dub in something funny when Chad makes his o face? Or would any difference at all cause a desync issue? Also, yeah I was going to test this but I was glad you did it already, now I know I can finally start the game in peace.
i haven't tested it thoroughly but it appears to be video length; you could mod chad to have clown paint on his face or something and that should be okay? should's a dangerous word, though, i'd back up all your poo poo but that's standard practice.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Well I tried to replace the intro video with a short film featuring Chad's face and the words "now loading" with no music, but all it did was give me a black screen for about ten seconds and then the game loaded, so yeah. There is definitely encoding info that needs to be deciphered first. But on the upside I'm now loading the game faster so there is that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This game caused me to watch every movie in the series I hadn't seen and I read up a little about them online.

For some reason this bit from the Friday the 13th wiki on part 8 cracks me up.

"Soon they finally reach New York. Jason reaches New York shortly after they do, and sees a giant hockey billboard with a hockey mask on it. Looking at it, he tilts his head to the side as if to say "Is that me?"."
http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Friday_the_13th_Part_VIII:_Jason_Takes_Manhattan

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I watched remake last night and I lol'ed at Ensign Ro being Paula Vorhees for thirty seconds, the entire time it takes to explain the plot of Friday the 13th part one. Then I lol'ed at Sam Winchester being the main character and having no acting range besides being Sam Winchester. Then I lol'ed at the Chadliest Chad I have ever seen, like, Chad is based on this guy completely.

All in all a mediocre movie at best. Kinda looks like they based Mortal Kombat Jason on this one so they can just use him as a stand in if they really want, not that anyone is clamoring for any of that.

I will be pissed if Paula comes out and you can't make her Nana Visitor I will tell you what.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

They really need to fix Part 8's window smashing abilities. You hit the window ledge or wall 99% of the time with small windows. Makes chasing down that last guy pretty annoying.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Spacebump posted:

This game caused me to watch every movie in the series I hadn't seen and I read up a little about them online.

For some reason this bit from the Friday the 13th wiki on part 8 cracks me up.

"Soon they finally reach New York. Jason reaches New York shortly after they do, and sees a giant hockey billboard with a hockey mask on it. Looking at it, he tilts his head to the side as if to say "Is that me?"."
http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Friday_the_13th_Part_VIII:_Jason_Takes_Manhattan

My favorite is in Jason X when he throws some dude onto a big drill and as the body spins down on the drill head Jason's gaze follows it in a circle.

Gunder posted:

They really need to fix Part 8's window smashing abilities. You hit the window ledge or wall 99% of the time with small windows. Makes chasing down that last guy pretty annoying.

Smashing windows in general can be real fucky unless you use combat stance to aim your hits better.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 3, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Went to Oz Comic Con this weekend just gone. I was Jason from FvJ. I discovered that there are 2 very distinct groups of Jason lovers:

1) Young kids who 100% know who Jason is, and are thrilled to see him.
2) Middle aged women who love that you are a 'blast from their past' - and ask you to choke them in the photo.

There is also the odd 'Other' Jason. I saw a Part 2 Jason who took a selfie with me, who had no weapon. The exchange is as follows:

Me: Where's your pickaxe?
Him: Part 2 is a very low budget film.

Edit: selfie he took

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 3, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I watched remake last night and I lol'ed at Ensign Ro being Paula Vorhees for thirty seconds, the entire time it takes to explain the plot of Friday the 13th part one. Then I lol'ed at Sam Winchester being the main character and having no acting range besides being Sam Winchester. Then I lol'ed at the Chadliest Chad I have ever seen, like, Chad is based on this guy completely.

All in all a mediocre movie at best. Kinda looks like they based Mortal Kombat Jason on this one so they can just use him as a stand in if they really want, not that anyone is clamoring for any of that.

I will be pissed if Paula comes out and you can't make her Nana Visitor I will tell you what.

It's Pamela you heathen!

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Regrettable posted:

It's Pamela you heathen!

And it's Major Kira, not Ensign Ro, you heathen!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was thinking about what Free DLC, emphasis on free, I'd want to see for this game and I settled on Sleepaway Camp. Like have the camp from Sleepaway Camp as a new map, and have an optional skin that replaces Tommy Jarvis with grown-up Angela. Maybe they could even get Pamela Springsteen to lend her voice and likeness to it.

I don't know, people might be too tempted to take the roleplaying too far and have Angela going around killing all the other counselors. It'd be like Chad but worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I can't believe I did either of those things but I also do not feel bad about them.

• Locked thread