Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If LeBron loses again he has to come back with a Dr J level afro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

predicto posted:

Labor gets absolutely hosed over in this country. At the Kevin Durant level... errr... not so much.

Cesar Chavez isn't rolling over in his grave because a guy worth 200 mil took a one year discount on his contract.

its A Known Fact that kevin durant is the only player in the nba

i dont think you possess the ability to argue in good faith about your team. mind so loving mucked up with absurd levels of tribalism for your team, the amount of self righteousness you have to exude to make this level of cognitive dissonance work is astounding. some might call it Unpleasant

predicto posted:

Ahhh... the ol' KD is an Uncle Tom gambit. One of my favorites.

:psyduck:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Kevin Durant is America

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I always side with labor, even if it's obscenely rich labor because at some point someone on the lowest end of the totem pole will look at my modest position with jealously

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

verbal enema posted:

lanky rear end nigga

verbal enema posted:

I was gonna call him Lanky Kong but idk if that is racist or not

Maybe neither of these.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is KD the most bitchmade basketball player in history? Need some historical context here.

I do love Warriors fans immediately embracing the whole typical ESPN/Yahoo commenter attitude you get whenever NBA union negotiations are happening "THESE GUYS ARE FUGGIN OVERPAID MILLIONAIRES ANYWAY!!!!!", confirms everything you need to know tbh

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

If LeBron loses again he has to come back with a Dr J level afro

lol have you seen LeBron's hairline

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

its like pat posters but worse in every way

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

whoah, let's not say things we can't take back

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm fine with the Warriors winning the next three or four or whatever rings as long as they agree to change the name of their franchise to the San Francisco Cupcake Cowards
just further confirmation of what we've always known, SoCal > NorCal (sorry sacramento)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ghost Dog posted:

its A Known Fact that kevin durant is the only player in the nba

i dont think you possess the ability to argue in good faith about your team. mind so loving mucked up with absurd levels of tribalism for your team, the amount of self righteousness you have to exude to make this level of cognitive dissonance work is astounding. some might call it Unpleasant

:psyduck:

The lower half of the NBA already was getting shorted this year, in part due to the craziness of last year, and that was before Durant signed anything.

And you should go back and look at your posting history before you start calling out other people for posting. You're absurdly hostile to just about everyone.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I can't bring myself to feel anger towards KD cuz he's clearly just a weirdo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The lower half of the NBA already was getting shorted this year, in part due to the craziness of last year, and that was before Durant signed anything.

And you should go back and look at your posting history before you start calling out other people for posting. You're absurdly hostile to just about everyone.

i did not ever call someone out for posting but ok *looks back*

yeah they are all perfect

i dont think They Were Already Getting Screwed is a great defense, tbh. kind of actually an offense. proves the point

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

predicto posted:

Anyhow, here's a tip: people who already have nearly 200 million dollars in the bank, like KD already does, can afford to do things that others can't. Taking a 10 million paycut for one year so that he can keep a good deal going for longer, in a place that he apparently likes to be, with people he apparently likes to be with, is one of those things.

this point about Durant's decision keeping the Warriors window open longer is incorrect. The Warriors are still in the luxury tax for 17-18. They'll be there again next year, and still have to deal with the repeater tax and Klay's new contract in the summer of 2019. The issue at that point will be less about the 25 mil that Durant is saving them now, and more about a tax bill in the neighborhood of 90 million. Others have suggested this decision allows the Warriors to keep Iguodala and Livingston--again wrong because the complication on their contracts' was years and guaranteed money in the 3rd year as opposed to the dollar value in 2017-18. Durant's contract for the 2017-18 season will have very little impact on Lacob's capacity to pay the bills in 2019 or 2020 unless Lacob is cash poor and desperately needs that 25 million dollars to make payroll and luxury tax payments. Durant's short term contracts last summer and this summer don't alter the Warriors' window of contention.

If Durant signs a 4-year deal below market value next summer, he'll have made a long-term contribution towards team finances. As it stands, this is an odd contribution to the toilet arena slush fund. It's Durant's money and I don't see the point of the decision, but let's be clear about the actual impact.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I can't bring myself to feel anger towards KD cuz he's clearly just a weirdo

Look dude just because the man is a fart connoisseur doesn't mean he's a weirdo..!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

predicto posted:

Ahhh... the ol' KD is an Uncle Tom gambit. One of my favorites.

thats a big ol reach

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'd just forgiven the assassination of basketball by the coward kevin durant, because of the awesome offseason it caused...and then he gotta go and do this? there BETTER be like 10 major trades in the next week.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is KD the most bitchmade basketball player in history? Need some historical context here.

I do love Warriors fans immediately embracing the whole typical ESPN/Yahoo commenter attitude you get whenever NBA union negotiations are happening "THESE GUYS ARE FUGGIN OVERPAID MILLIONAIRES ANYWAY!!!!!", confirms everything you need to know tbh

Who said the players are overpaid? Joe Lacob is the dude who is overpaid. Someone on Yahoo might have said that poo poo, but don't drag it in here and dump it on SAS posters.

Nevertheless, there are reasons why a player in KD's pretty unique situation might do what he is doing for one year. I said what they might be, and I got poo poo on for it like I was the second coming of Jack Whitehead.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/881964829505966080

e: lol

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/881953826562908161

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

thats a big ol reach

If only I knew my place

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

predicto posted:

Who said the players are overpaid? Joe Lacob is the dude who is overpaid. Someone on Yahoo might have said that poo poo, but don't drag it in here and dump it on SAS posters.

Nevertheless, there are reasons why a player in KD's pretty unique situation might do what he is doing for one year. I said what they might be, and I got poo poo on for it like I was the second coming of Jack Whitehead.
same general spirit imo, fine replace "overpaid" with "super wealthy, man"

predicto posted:

Anyhow, here's a tip: people who already have nearly 200 million dollars in the bank, like KD already does, can afford to do things that others can't.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

just further confirmation of what we've always known, SoCal > NorCal (sorry sacramento)

I'll cut you

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
KD is rich enough to decide that he wants to leave $10m on the table to have a better team. He's made his preferences pretty obvious here. He can also recoup that in many other ways.

Not every transaction has to be examined under the microscope of really obvious individual class anxiety. No one who leaves $10m on the table voluntarily is anything even remotely analogous to an oppressed laborer.

It's like I got teleported to the angry comments section of a Yahoo Finance article.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

toilet arena flush fund

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

predicto posted:

If only I knew my place

incase you are unsure:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm fine with the Warriors winning the next three or four or whatever rings as long as they agree to change the name of their franchise to the San Francisco Cupcake Cowards

Disagree, a wise man once said, "The South takes what the North delivers"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

predicto posted:

I'll cut you
with what, a web-enabled knife that dices specially grown vegetables sent to you at a very reasonable monthly fee?

Libertine posted:

Not every transaction has to be examined under the microscope of really obvious individual class anxiety.
disagree

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Free Aztlán from the clutches of techbro shitheads imo

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Just lol at the idea that nba players are "labor"

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

cravius posted:

Just lol at the idea that nba players are "labor"

look at this prophetic rear end poo poo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
gettin' the feelin' there's a whole lot of posters itt needin' reeducation 'bout the inherently vampiric and exploitative nature of capital

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
kd: not just a team traitor, a class traitor

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Well have fun over there Collison
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882025987864702978

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kevin Durant is a SCAB who crossed picket lines because he doesn't want to let his middle manager down.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Uhhhh ... ok

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kevin Durants favourite character on The Americans is Paige

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yeah that's basically how you should view signing Collison to be your starting PG

He's basically a modern day Earl Watson. Better than a backup PG, but not good enough for you to wish you had an upgrade

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Ghost Dog posted:

incase you are unsure:

Everyone in this picture is cool and kind hearted.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

BWV posted:

Kevin Durants favourite character on The Americans is Paige

KD's favorite superhero movie is X-Men: The Last Stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah that's basically how you should view signing Collison to be your starting PG

He's basically a modern day Earl Watson. Better than a backup PG, but not good enough for you to wish you had an upgrade

Also, he's a bad person, so it's ok to boo him

• Locked thread