Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

swims posted:

What is this chicken thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGymfKWXt0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
but also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NyhT2OB_Gw

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

CaptCommy posted:

It's kinda quiet, but I def heard a voice saying chicken.

Oh, I pretty much never have the game at full volume bc I'm usually watching a stream or something at the same time. But I totally thought he didn't say it.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Brosnan posted:

Oh, I pretty much never have the game at full volume bc I'm usually watching a stream or something at the same time. But I totally thought he didn't say it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DEu2lmhlc4

Can hear it here, tho again, pretty quiet.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
It totally caught me off guard but I was playing offline messing around when the CPU tackled me with Paul and did the arm break. I reversed it into an arm break which he reversed immediately lol whattt

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Man, sometimes I'm a bit bummed there's no communication with other players aside from smashing their faces in, but the couple of times I've tried to reach out to a player after pretty even match-ups they've always turned out to be a toxic shitlord.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Play with goons in Discord and this will not be a problem.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mondian posted:

Man, sometimes I'm a bit bummed there's no communication with other players

Mondian posted:

they've always turned out to be a toxic shitlord.

Yeah.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mondian posted:

Man, sometimes I'm a bit bummed there's no communication with other players aside from smashing their faces in, but the couple of times I've tried to reach out to a player after pretty even match-ups they've always turned out to be a toxic shitlord.

You can leave angry comments on their Steam profile, I'm up to 4 so far.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Can you get vac banned for using a script to autokick with Catarina on Treasure mode? I just want to unlock items.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Honest Thief posted:

Can you get vac banned for using a script to autokick with Catarina on Treasure mode? I just want to unlock items.

Nah, I've done it several times.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
if you want to unlock stuff on PC, there is a cheat engine script that makes everything free, doesn't work on the metallic stuff though

http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=10518#p10518

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 3, 2017

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
How am I supposed to remember the commands for all of King's grab strings, should I print it out and tape it to my monitor like an arcade cabinet or something?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Buschmaki posted:

How am I supposed to remember the commands for all of King's grab strings, should I print it out and tape it to my monitor like an arcade cabinet or something?

You don't have to unless you're trying to do Rolling Death Cradle or King's Bridge. Otherwise you can bind and mash all 4 buttons.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

KingShiro posted:

You don't have to unless you're trying to do Rolling Death Cradle or King's Bridge. Otherwise you can bind and mash all 4 buttons.

then you'll always get the same throw sequences every time

the whole point of those throws is for the mix up potential involved

i'm not saying don't do this, but i'm saying keep in mind why these variations exist

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

KingShiro posted:

If hitting all 4 buttons registers the correct grab moves does that mean I can just memorize the single attack inputs and just mash a 4 button shortcut for the combination ones?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

If hitting all 4 buttons registers the correct grab moves does that mean I can just memorize the single attack inputs and just mash a 4 button shortcut for the combination ones?

yes you can do this but just keep in mind that you'll get a single specific throw sequence every time you do this

like it's a handy shortcut, but if your opponent notices that fact, they'll be able to escape out of your throw sequences that much easier

basically, try to learn the other button combinations for when you're not mashing all 4 buttons down

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I know standard 1+3 and 2+4 throw escapes were simplified, did they make escaping multi grapples any easier or do you still have to hit the 1,2 or 1+2 at precisely the right moment?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

the window for inputting the throw break during king's multi-grapples is pretty generous

it's just that if you input the incorrect throw break during that window, the game takes away your ability to attempt to break out of the throw, until the next sequence in the multi-grab

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I mean like, if a certain throw string needs 1, 2, 1+2 and another needs 3, 4, 1+2, or something can I just mash 1+2+3+4 during the last inputs and will it read correctly?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you can literally mash all 4 inputs throughout the entire multi-grab and the game will consistently lead you down one path

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I mean can mashing all 4 inputs register as a double input, not mashing it throughout the entire thing but when you need to do X+Y so you have to remember less.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

yes because you are technically fulfilling the button requirements, even with the extra added button inputs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I assume that's new to 7? I haven't seriously played since 5 in the arcades but I remember autistically memorizing every possible throw link for King and Nina in 3. And since my friends and I all sucked at throw escapes it was essentially whoever landed the SS 2+4 first won the match.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
tekken 7 might have the worst fighting game story mode of all time, why couldn't harada put in tekken ball or an idolmaster crossover instead

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

darealkooky posted:

tekken 7 might have the worst fighting game story mode of all time, why couldn't harada put in tekken ball or an idolmaster crossover instead

it's so absurdly stupid I can't help but dig it, honestly. The only part I disliked was that if you're a baby who wants to play on the lowest difficulty they take away your ability to do a lot of moves and grabs. :pwn:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Crocoswine posted:

it's so absurdly stupid I can't help but dig it, honestly. The only part I disliked was that if you're a baby who wants to play on the lowest difficulty they take away your ability to do a lot of moves and grabs. :pwn:

the biggest complaint ive heard for people that say tekken is too hard is that the movelists are too big and complicated

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Zand posted:

the biggest complaint ive heard for people that say tekken is too hard is that the movelists are too big and complicated

sure but as someone who had never played Tekken before it was really clear that the auto-combos handicapped you super hard. The proper way to do baby-mode is to just make the AI super dumb or give you more health or something. As opposed to, y'know, making you unable to use grabs.

I just want to bop on some barely sentient punching bags while I figure out what all these buttons do!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Crocoswine posted:

sure but as someone who had never played Tekken before it was really clear that the auto-combos handicapped you super hard. The proper way to do baby-mode is to just make the AI super dumb or give you more health or something. As opposed to, y'know, making you unable to use grabs.

I just want to bop on some barely sentient punching bags while I figure out what all these buttons do!

Treasure mode is good for that

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Story mode is not real Tekken, I started out playing it for real but just spammed Story Assist by the end of it to get through it. Just play Treasure Mode.

The Akuma / Heihachi battle was pretty rad though I'll give them that.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Yall see this yet? https://twitter.com/reepal/status/881723893362196480

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

drat... I almost never come across other Kings in the wild, but I know the cliche of stagger kicks and chain grabs. I fought some guy who was Brawler rank and had 120+ wins in unranked. I crushed him 12 rounds in a row and he literally tried absolutely nothing but stagger kicks and SS 2+4 ad nauseum. Like... how the hell did he make it that far with that? They're both so easily spotted and ridiculously punishable that I rarely throw them out at all.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I hit brawler pretty quick with Josie just by rotating through 4 or 5 different things and knowing how to do 50 damage of juggles.

If I started playing King I'd probably rotate through doing that rising knee into big damage and learning the two command grab paths that lead to RDC or dragon sleeper. Probably no one up to that rank would punish the knee for much or know how to break properly.

I played a King who did that alley kick thing and I learned quick to low parry. The mid seems like a poo poo mixup because it's so slow as well. You could probably use Josie's counter against it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The mid is suuuuuper slow and visible and very launch punishable. Its really only good for maybe extending a combo to a wall

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I've switched to Law and discovered that the noises he makes are way less annoying when you are inflicting them on others.

Also: Practicing DSS cancels is another combo vortex.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
PS4/Xbox One/STEAM Ver.1.03 Update note

The Ver.1.03 patch includes some improvements and game design modifications regarding the following topics observed in Ver.1.02.

This patch has been released for PS4 as of 05/07/2017. The following are the PS4 patch notes. A further announcement will be made when the patch is released for Xbox One and Steam.

Improved match makings in Online modes.
Now it takes less time to find an opponent in Online modes.

Improved usability in Player Match.
Now the game offers more opportunities for players to navigate through the menu in Player Match sessions. This change should allow players to leave sessions more easily.

Adjusted the restriction of the revenge match in Ranked Match.
Now players can have unlimited revenge matches with the same opponent in Ranked Match.

Fixed a revenge match related issue.
Fixed an issue where an opponent’s character and name are sometimes changed upon having revenge matches.

Made some sound volume adjustments in Jukebox
Adjusted the BGM volume in Jukebox for TEKKEN 1, TEKKEN 2, TEKKEN3 and TEKKEN4.

Made some color adjustments to certain Customization items.
This is to fix an issue where players can set certain color values (Black) to certain items in a way that was not originally intended by the dev.

Adjusted Leo’s Character Customization.
Fixed an issue where Leo’s upper body disappears when equipping certain items.

Game design adjustments.
Adjusted some behaviors in the game regarding certain character’s moves.
Fixed an issue where some characters’ throw moves don’t properly reflect Rage state.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Now players can have unlimited revenge matches with the same opponent in Ranked Match.

Wow!!

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

OK this is a pretty random question. For some background I played a bunch of Tekken with friends casually but never really took any seriously. But with SF5 the way it is and how much I'm liking 7 I'm actually trying to get better.

I've played like a zillion hours of 2D games like SF and KoF and CvS2 and whatever else, and I'm pretty confident in my basics. However in this game I absolutely could not get QCF/QCB moves out reliably. Like the DPs on Akuma and Eliza I could do no problem, but QCF/B I was real bad with.

I told this to a friend who is way more experienced with Tekken when we were playing and he said "oh yeah just try doing half circles" and lo and behold I could get the moves out like 100% of the time after that advice.

Is the timing on these inputs different in Tekken? Am I just real bad??? I thought I was pressing too early since I was normally doing the WS moves when loving up, so I don't know why half circles fix anything

For further reference I'm using a stick and playing as Dragunov, and specifically having issues with his qcf+1 or 2. If I input hcf I get them out pretty much always so I'm just doing that now but it is really weirding me out and I'm obsessing over it.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 5, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
The timing is different in tekken - make sure you think about it as doing a qcf to enter a stance, then doing P to do a move out of that stance (i.e. put a small pause in). The motion is also stricter than games like SF4/5 so that probably isn't helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
by the way the award for Most Vague Patchnote goes to:

Adjusted some behaviors in the game regarding certain characters moves.