Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
We never see his corpse, but we do see his body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

This guy ground to level 61 for Sirensong with the starter set doing only potd. There's no ilevel requirement.

He died to the first boss stackattack even with all 4 of us on him.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 4, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm throwing up all over my keyboard squareenix.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

FisheyStix posted:

Oh nooooo, I saw that before your ninja edit!

Oh well. I just finished the Azim Steppe arc and there were bits that were basically the narrative equivalent of casting Doom on the poor person, so I'm not too surprised

I'm sorry :(

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I'm throwing up all over my keyboard squareenix.

u dont pay his sub

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
Can we get him to pay our sub for wasting people's time like that.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

ImpAtom posted:

I'm expecting FFV and FFVI considering SB itself is full of refs to both.

I'll be shocked if there isn't a new Greg.
I'd love to coop with Greg against Necrophobia, with goofy mechanics to boot.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Hmmm. Finally got the game up and running properly, and have all the goon guilds moved to not-Japan already? Didn't see any of the three in the Goblet or Mist.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Did you pick the correct ward (instance)?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Time does not pass while people are talking, in anime or in anime MMOs

Cythereal posted:

Hmmm. Finally got the game up and running properly, and have all the goon guilds moved to not-Japan already? Didn't see any of the three in the Goblet or Mist.
Shirogane housing isn't open yet, are you sure you're looking in the right wards? also the FC tags change constantly, DGKK is <<dung>> right now and TPT is <<ADTRW>>, idk what PBC is currently

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

PBC won't be moving. We're at plot 13 in the first ward of The Goblet.

We're <<wild>>, pure, and forever free!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

homeless snail posted:

Shirogane housing isn't open yet, are you sure you're looking in the right wards? also the FC tags change constantly, DGKK is <<dung>> right now and TPT is <<ADTRW>>, idk what PBC is currently

Ah, that's what confused me. I was looking for something related to the name of the guild.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

homeless snail posted:

Talking is a free action.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Poops Mcgoots posted:

u dont pay his sub

who pays for cleaning my keyboard though

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thern posted:

Can we get him to pay our sub for wasting people's time like that.

because it just takes so long to kick a DPS and get a replacement, there just aren't enough DPS players around

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Saint Freak posted:

This guy ground to level 61 for Sirensong with the starter set doing only potd. There's no ilevel requirement.

He died to the first boss stackattack even with all 4 of us on him.

:perfect:

When I was running potd to level samurai there was a newbie in there in their 30s with an atherpool rating in the high 60s. I cannot fathom why someone would play this way.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
So I'm a SMN main who hasn't even bothered doing the quest to unlock SCH yet, but these DPS queue times are tempting me to pick it up. What are the best things to run to get the hang of healing in this game? Obviously I'd start with Hall of the Novice and then Sastasha, but what should I do after that to make sure I'm ready to do Expert Roulette, Trials, etc?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

jalapeno_dude posted:

So I'm a SMN main who hasn't even bothered doing the quest to unlock SCH yet, but these DPS queue times are tempting me to pick it up. What are the best things to run to get the hang of healing in this game? Obviously I'd start with Hall of the Novice and then Sastasha, but what should I do after that to make sure I'm ready to do Expert Roulette, Trials, etc?

Just keep doing story and job quests. Be sure to check out the 50 and 60 dungeons!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Evil Fluffy posted:

:perfect:

When I was running potd to level samurai there was a newbie in there in their 30s with an atherpool rating in the high 60s. I cannot fathom why someone would play this way.

Because everyone says it is the best way to level! :downs:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Because everyone says it is the best way to level! :downs:

Saves on costs for leveling gear at least?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Just keep doing story and job quests. Be sure to check out the 50 and 60 dungeons!

To clarify: because I have SMN at 70 I already will have SCH at 70 the moment it's unlocked. That means I won't pick up experience as I level, because there's no leveling to do. So I'm looking for advice on what to do to substitute for that.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

homeless snail posted:

TPT is back to being «EULA»

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah but then they spend a few minutes talking instead of spending those few minutes either A) Running away before they die B) finding a broken beam or something to try to prop the ceiling up.

I mean, the couple minutes of exposition wouldn't be so bad if everyone was at least trying to save Gosetsu while he talked and told them to save themselves and let him have his redemptionary sacrifice, but instead they just stand there.

He was a giant beefy strong dude holding up an entire building because anime. You're not really going to replace him with a wooden beam.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

jalapeno_dude posted:

To clarify: because I have SMN at 70 I already will have SCH at 70 the moment it's unlocked. That means I won't pick up experience as I level, because there's no leveling to do. So I'm looking for advice on what to do to substitute for that.

Just set up your bars, get some lvl 70 healer white gear, do all the class quests (so you'll get your SB AF as well), and then queue for some lower level dungeon - Tam Tara or some such. Heal that. If that's easy, try a higher level dungeon, like one of the first lvl 50 ones. Just work your way up to 60 and then eventually 70 content. It's not going to be the same as leveling along with your abilities, but you'll be able to focus on figuring out the few new things you have each level sync'd step up. With SCH, you have the luxury of your faerie autohealing, so you have some extra buffer for mistakes, especially at lower levels. If you have experience healing in other MMOs, you can probably comfortably start with the lvl 50 dungeons and go from there.

Edit: I'm not saying do ALL of the dungeons, but like you could do something like Tam Tara, Stone Vigil, Wanderer's Palace, Keeper, Aery, Vault, Fractal, Baelsar's, Shisui, Doma, EXDR or some such, just whatever you feel comfortable for steps should be fine.

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 4, 2017

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp I am back in this weird-rear end game. Just a Lv 27 Pug from two whole years ago, lamenting the loss of both Haymaker and Touch of Death. And Featherfoot. But the Second Wind buffed is nice.

... I'm half tempted to just slam my face into Duties instead of questing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gearhead posted:

Kinda like how magic swords in Europe are great heir conditioners.

Booooooo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jalapeno_dude posted:

I think after hall of the novice and sastasha you'll be pretty much okay. Just make sure you understand the higher level abilities. Maybe read a guide on your specific healing class if you're real worried, but it shouldn't be bad.

jalapeno_dude posted:

Yeah SMN/SCH is such a weird fucky situation

I kinda wish other classes worked that way so you could switch roles while still leveling up, the way wow lets you.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

widespread posted:

Welp I am back in this weird-rear end game. Just a Lv 27 Pug from two whole years ago, lamenting the loss of both Haymaker and Touch of Death. And Featherfoot. But the Second Wind buffed is nice.

... I'm half tempted to just slam my face into Duties instead of questing.

this is ain't wow friend, you gotta do those quests to unlock more of the game

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw
After a week+ of < 50 person queues, has something happened tonight to get to 900+ or is it just a holiday thing?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Are the servers melting before maint? I got a few 90ks shortly after logging in just now

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Someone was saying its DDOS attacks again in my FC chat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Are the servers melting before maint? I got a few 90ks shortly after logging in just now

It seems like the servers are going down everywhere. A friend of mine is on courel and even they got kicked off.

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw

The Gate posted:

Someone was saying its DDOS attacks again in my FC chat.

Blizzard funded no doubt. :hurr:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ilifinicus posted:

this is ain't wow friend, you gotta do those quests to unlock more of the game

I know the fancier Quest Markers and the Next Quest thing is a good thing to follow but uh, the SIDEquests. The non-class non-story ones.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fister Roboto posted:

"guys we need to focus on the ice, stop chasing kills"

Getting into an effective murderball and just wrecking other teams as they focus on ice is the best.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Rainuwastaken posted:

Is MCH still "be a piano master or do poo poo dps", or has it gotten less....that with SB? I want to shoot people but Bard's skillset just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

MCH is still very much more work for less reward, but it's better in SB than it was in HW. Cast times are gone, useless abilities got cleaned up, and the heat mechanic is fine, if awkward when synced to 60 and punishing if you mess it up. The main thing is all your cooldowns align with wildfire super neatly, and also wildfire is toned down while your base damage is brought up. Shot Mastery makes the class more fun by virtue of animations and Cooldown is a dedicated dab button.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

widespread posted:

I know the fancier Quest Markers and the Next Quest thing is a good thing to follow but uh, the SIDEquests. The non-class non-story ones.

The ones with the blue icons and the +s are worth doing because they'll unlock something, but the 'ordinary' ones are generally skippable.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Getting into an effective murderball and just wrecking other teams as they focus on ice is the best.

PVP murdergangs are hilarious. Just some poor frigging white mage pulled into a swarm and picked apart.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's amazing how many people will just mindlessly hit ice even as you kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

ImpAtom posted:

PVP murdergangs are hilarious. Just some poor frigging white mage pulled into a swarm and picked apart.

It's the only way to play. We had maybe four or five people in a party with battle high simultaneously or w/e the other night and would just set upon stragglers from the other teams and melt them.