Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
So if your college doesn't accept you until the summer, you're hosed.

That's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

The Nastier Nate posted:

Excuse me sir Sir, this is a Fleetwood Mac concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwhvnueW7U4&t=1034s

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rudatron posted:

Its such a subtle shifting of blame, for unemployment, combined with a massive downside.

Rahm is another rotten apple from the Obama chicago bad dem cliche.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Wanted to take a year to travel Europe or some poo poo after high school before going to college? Y'know, so you can find yourself, figure out what your major will be before committing? Nope, gently caress you.

It's so micromanaging and pointless. Is the future of the DNC just a bunch of Mike Bloomberg clones?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

donald will solve this by starting another loving war

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
there's no way it lasts the year, that's why Rahm's doing this in July. a publicity stunt that will cause stress and grief and suck up a bunch of the city's funds to futilely defend.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

there's no way it lasts the year, that's why Rahm's doing this in July. a publicity stunt that will cause stress and grief and suck up a bunch of the city's funds to futilely defend.

That this fucker got reelected is so disappointing. At the rate he's going they'll somehow get a Republican elected mayor of Chicago. Man, everyone who came up around the Clintons is such poison.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

get hosed rahm

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
next step: automatic voter registration but only after you've started your own business or finished your Master's

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

No Lindsey Buckingham? No Gypsy or Silver Springs? Get this garbage out of here!

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Can someone please make :regd08: into one that says "Let's means-test this poo poo into the ground"?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wow someone hates entrepreneurs writing the next great app.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

No Lindsey Buckingham? No Gypsy or Silver Springs? Get this garbage out of here!

Dude tell me about it. He wrote like half the songs on Tango in the Night, too.....

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

haha what the christ this is the most racist poo poo ever

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

haha what the christ this is the most racist poo poo ever

Reminder how Rahm's staff bribed the family of the kid who got killed by the cops to not release the shooting tape close to his re-election campaign?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Is Rahm or Arnold (yes I know he was a repub) closer to the platonic ideal of bad dem rulership?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Probably Magic posted:

Wanted to take a year to travel Europe or some poo poo after high school before going to college? Y'know, so you can find yourself, figure out what your major will be before committing? Nope, gently caress you.

Actually Rahm's plan does include an option allowing you to travel outside the US and earn a scholarship for college.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Democrats believed they could win by weight of demographics in a country where less than half of eligible adults even bother to vote, and all of their "natural" constituencies are the poorest and least likely to turn out.

it also rules that the democrats' most loyal (that is, captive) voters are getting disenfranchised wholesale and their response has been to not really do anything about it because a) they don't really care, and b) it might offend some of the terrible republicans they're obsessed with winning the approval of

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

It's so micromanaging and pointless. Is the future of the DNC just a bunch of Mike Bloomberg clones?

if you can afford to do this you're not the person being hosed by it lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

if you can afford to do this you're not the person being hosed by it lol

yeah i know what a weird thing to be angry about

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So what is even the actual justification for this?

No, I'm not looking directly at an article about Rahm, are you insane?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

Actually Rahm's plan does include an option allowing you to travel outside the US and earn a scholarship for college.

Ah, so it's very specifically designed to gently caress over minorities, gotchya.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Joementum posted:

Yeah, they'd never have done it without a loophole for "idle poo poo my rich white friends' kids do before uni"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Agnosticnixie posted:

Yeah, they'd never have done it without a loophole for "idle poo poo my rich white friends' kids do before uni"

ooh, you may want to read the article because that's not the kind of travel I was referring to

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Rahm is another rotten apple from the Obama chicago bad dem cliche.

2020 primaries lookin' crowded!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
The gently caress?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bad dems are basically republicans who realized they had a better shot at holding actual power by joining the democratic party instead of trying to fight their way up through the republican ranks

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

The most detail she ever went into it was that she would work with governors to create a state-by-state public option choice, which after seeing how many red states purposely opted out of things under Obamacare, is obviously a flawed approach if you want public option for any red state, defeating the whole point of introducing it. Even a plan that explicit got scrapped off her website in favor of scare quotes at some point in the middle of 2016 as part of the supposed capitulation to Bernie, but that just means it'd go the way of shutting down Guantanamo Bay.

There was never a Secret Progressive Hillary, even hidden on her website. It's all been bullshit.

have fun getting mandatory single payer past Sebelius, btw

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

an unsurprising question from a goon

:vince:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:eyepoop:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

That's one way to solve unemployment. Can't worry about finding a job when you're literally unemployable.

And yet, I cling to the hope that someone will create something even worse. A goon can dream.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

no great teacher like real life obstacles, buckle up :yum:

thats the kind of real world teaching kids need nowadays, spoiled rotten smh

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SardonicTyrant posted:

That's one way to solve unemployment. Can't worry about finding a job when you're literally unemployable.

And yet, I cling to the hope that someone will create something even worse. A goon can dream.

Republicans and Bad Dems are into bringing back 'apprenticeships' which will give everyone a very exploitable pool of slave labor.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Rahm is by leaps and bounds the worst of the Obama admin.

It's really not close.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

more like rahm e-bad-uel

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
[turns to camera]

that's just what ahh wanted them to think was
mah plan

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
"Agree to an unpaid internship at our company for a year and we will allow you to graduate high school!"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

new phone who dis posted:

"Agree to an unpaid internship at our company for a year and we will allow you to graduate high school!"

Rahm creates jobs!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm from Buenos Ares and I say kill 'em all.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

so i read their bullshit reasoning but whats the real, actual goal of doing this

• Locked thread