Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Dog posted:

thank you cravius or as i like to call him, a 100% accurate representation of people who i dont like's views, for the well thought out rational argument on why kevin durant should be a slave

Im glad the slaves got 50% of the cotton they picked and also got to negotiate on the terms of their enslavement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

cravius posted:

Im glad the slaves got 50% of the cotton they picked and also got to negotiate on the terms of their enslavement

Oh wait they didn't and your analogy sucks

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lacob is a lot like that owner of that small restaurant down the street that makes a decent tuna melt but is struggling to turn a profit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dejan Bimble posted:

The owners deserve a return equal to the risk they're exposed to and their investment in the product, but they're engaged in a legal monopoly and exempt from anti trust laws so they have almost no risk and even really poor management will be rewarded with good players.
At most the non player slice should be around 20%

Yeah when you think about the fact that Sterling intentionally hamstrung the Clippers for basically ever and still made $2 billion on his $12.5 million investment

Also in the process of googling what he paid for the team I found out apparently he got the $2 billion tax free lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yes yes, tell us more. maybe cite some earlier warriors fans post for me that you agree with. i will write the bibliography

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

cravius posted:

Many small business people who are "capital" have become millionaires by putting in a lot more work than dudes like OJ Mayo. So excuse me if I don't have a lot of sympathy for guys who would honestly probably play for free making "only tens of millions"
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Intruder posted:

Yeah when you think about the fact that Sterling intentionally hamstrung the Clippers for basically ever and still made $2 billion on his $12.5 million investment

Also in the process of googling what he paid for the team I found out apparently he got the $2 billion tax free lol

maga!!!!!!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

cravius posted:

Many small business people who are "capital" have become millionaires by putting in a lot more work than dudes like OJ Mayo. So excuse me if I don't have a lot of sympathy for guys who would honestly probably play for free making "only tens of millions"

OJ Mayo, a fortune 500 CEO, and a guy who works manual labor probably put in about the same amount of hours of work a week and yet they are not compensated in the same way. Most small business owners who work from sun up to sundown stay small business owners. You're not making a point, you're just saying things

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd probably be reading tech specs and writing Python scripts in my free time anyway so please don't sympathize with any kind of negative job situation that might come my way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Have you considered that are troops should be paid what NBA players are paid and vice versa

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

cravius has been touched by The Holy Techbro Spirit and speaks now for all warriors fans, past and present

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Have you considered that are troops should be paid what NBA players are paid and vice versa

makes u think

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

cravius has been touched by The Holy Techbro Spirit and speaks now for all warriors fans, past and present
I'm so glad he chose to take all of this golden sin upon himself, couldn't have picked a more perfect Warriors rep
In a way he's a martyr, a sin eater, a fart guzzler

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

Why do they lament?
They seek to disrupt for good in human matters, and have lost their power forever due to regulation

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I was hoping this discussion would get to Piketty and super managers before going down the toilet but both Ghost Dog and cravius are posting real bad right now. Both of you shape up, because this discussion was actually kind of decent.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

would nba players play for exposure instead of money??

maybe they could put it in their portfolio

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

I was hoping this discussion would get to Piketty and super managers before going down the toilet but both Ghost Dog and cravius are posting real bad right now.

man are you somewhere in the middling me right now lmao

this is great poo poo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I dont understand this argument. Are you saying that if your job has the potential to be fun that you should be willing to work for less? Because I bet owning a basketball team is significantly more fun than owning a bank. So then owners should be cool having their businesses depreciate because its fun?
Or, owning a media company that shows sports has to be more fun than one that shows the news. So ESPN should charge less for subscriptions or not care about losing them because they show fun stuff and its more fun to work there.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Most NBA players would prolly just be playing basketball for free if they hadn't made the NBA, just having a whale of a time, it's the job creators that really make it happen

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I think that fans should be paid equal to the players for their emotional labor

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

I was hoping this discussion would get to Piketty and super managers before going down the toilet but both Ghost Dog and cravius are posting real bad right now. Both of you shape up, because this discussion was actually kind of decent.

lol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Give me cash in my hand

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I think that fans should be paid equal to the players for their emotional labor

Harden owes me so much money after game 6

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Zaza owes me at least four bottles of champagne, one when I thought we were gonna win and then three after I knew we weren't gonna

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
All NBA players should have to share 10 percent of their contracts with a local school teacher.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Ghost Dog posted:

man are you somewhere in the middling me right now lmao

this is great poo poo

Your posting is very bad right now, and that's not just me being upset that you're calling Piketty a liberal.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

AggressivelyStupid posted:

would nba players play for exposure instead of money??

maybe they could put it in their portfolio

I pay $7.50 at my old college's gym for a day pass to play basketball. These guys not only get to play for free on a world class court, but they don't have to wait in line to get into a game

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

There is a dude in Japan who literally makes it rain money when you watch him wrestle. poo poo is legit. I'd want him to play for the Raps but lower bowl is already rich as gently caress

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

James Dolan needs to cede his fortune and holdings to the public

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

Your posting is very bad right now, and that's not just me being upset that you're calling Piketty a liberal.

im sorry about your blindness friend, and this thread just got good cause some dude decided he needed to espouse the belief(that every single warriors fan and poster 100% agrees with) that only billionaires deserve to be paid

maybe its....your posting thats bad

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I think that the referees should make more than the players, because they have the hardest job in the world and endure the most emotional abuse

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I pay $7.50 at my old college's gym for a day pass to play basketball. These guys not only get to play for free on a world class court, but they don't have to wait in line to get into a game

They also get to dunk which I wish I could do with these rickety knees. Where's my dunks? Westbrook taunts me

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
When the basketball revolution happens and you're being led to the basketball guillotines, the last thing going through your head before it bounces away (also like a basketball) to be eaten by Big Baby will be "the hesi pull up jimbo was smooth"

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Lockback posted:

KD leaving his own money on the table will only make it funnier when the Rubio Jazz nutmeg them out of the playoffs or a barely in control Houston team literally hits 35 3-pointers game after game. You all need to look on the bright side here.

The jazz aren't going to make the playoffs once Hayward leaves and Mr Coke Dealer decides to run slow half court offense through Gobert with no one that can shoot.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

some good posting past few pages imo, save for some hockey guy barging in talking about some milquetoast french economist that no one cares about

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I think that the referees should make more than the players, because they have the hardest job in the world and endure the most emotional abuse

For a time Tim Donaghy did

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pop Dog I specifically remember telling you that your ability to skirt your 11 year prob was very dependent on your ability to not do this

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

posting so good lowtax should pay the posters rather than hoard the wealth to himself

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

when you dunk my severed head and send me to the d league in the sky remember me as i was: Not the guy or fanbase that believes all players should be kept in pbj sex cocoons, only released every gameday to do their masters bidding, and that they would be happy to do it too. those would be warriors fans

Intruder posted:

Pop Dog I specifically remember telling you that your ability to skirt your 11 year prob was very dependent on your ability to not do this

i really dont get how that guy melting down is on me but if you repeat it enough i guess its true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spite posted:

The jazz aren't going to make the playoffs once Hayward leaves and Mr Coke Dealer decides to run slow half court offense through Gobert with no one that can shoot.

The Jazz are one of the few teams with more than 3 wings that can shoot, not counting hayward

• Locked thread