Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I'm holding out hope that they've at least increased the amount of tokens to 8 at the end of a instance. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Fister Roboto posted:

The new crafted gear will probably be the same ilevel as Omega normal gear, so if that's true then you can ignore it entirely if you've got the cash. And you won't even have to worry about mixing and matching for accuracy this time either.

I wish they said whether the crafted gear is showing up this patch or next one.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Asimo posted:

Now just imagine trying to get your weekly drop with 50 minutes of DPS queues between attempts. :iamafag:

It really is the worst possible combination of random drop and token-based systems.

And like most problems in this game it's solved by running it with 1-3 friends.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
No new tombstones for another 2 weeks? Guess I don't need to do exdr for another two weeks then.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

But I play my mmo like a single player rpg and solo q everything. Lol if you dont.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Except the problem is here is that DPS queues are fixed by waiting 50 minutes, being a lovely person with no friends will take at least a year to fix.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't suppose you could get into the detailed logic of Bloodspiller useage, on this note? I'm fairly new to maining DRK so I'm unsure how much/when/if I should be focusing on DA+Bloodspillering.

If I use Blackest Night to get a Bloodspiller, should I just go ahead and blow it sans DA or wait? :thunk:

With Grit on you want to DA every Bloodspiller unless you are going to overflow on blood. Outside of Grit it doesn't really matter that much. Technically spending DA on Bloodspiller is more damage than other (non-Carve and Spit) skills due to a higher overall potency that gets multiplied by crits and party buffs but it's a pretty minor difference.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Holyshoot posted:

No new tombstones for another 2 weeks? Guess I don't need to do exdr for another two weeks then.

:same:

Pretty excited and also dreading the pvp exp changes, I had blm and red mage close to 65 and was getting fairly close to Goddess of Magic. Hope I'm not gonna be stuck suffering dps dungeon queues now to finish em :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

:same:

Pretty excited and also dreading the pvp exp changes, I had blm and red mage close to 65 and was getting fairly close to Goddess of Magic. Hope I'm not gonna be stuck suffering dps dungeon queues now to finish em :(

POTD, and then more POTD for Verity at 70.

:unsmigghh:

I'm getting Samurai to 60 and then going to make a decision between it and Monk for my Melee alt, considering I have White Mage and Red Mage at 70. I guess I actually need to choose my main now Omega stuff is dropping and has lockouts...

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Oh man, I just discovered PvP in this game and now they're going to tone it down xpwise? Hopefully it will still be better than PotD because randos randomly wiping on floor *9 happens just far too often.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I'm in DGKK and I play at almost all hours of the day. Been playing since the early access dropped. I still ended up having to solo queue for a fair amount of Stormblood dungeons and trials. Hell, a random stranger picked me up in his party once he looked at me and realized I was about to sit in an infinite queue for the second primal.

What I'm saying is that "Just have people" is a stupid excuse for this bunk system that nobody particularly likes. There is tolerate and there's giving out. Nobody is hype over tokens.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also there is no shortage of "need heals/tank for exdr" that goes unanswered in PBC and I assume the other free companies too.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I really wish there was a better way for PBC/DGKK/TPT to communicate.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm hoping that the exp change to pvp they're saying is the current value is the losers share because gently caress that poo poo if you think its worth it for less. It was good but the main reason for the boom in PVP was "it's not PotD." Just have to wait and see the numbers I guess but if I had to bet they are going to set it lower for 2nd and a pittance for 3rd, especially if you get slam dunked in 5-10 mins.

This change does answer the question I had many pages back about why bother to win so there is that.

lokipunk posted:

Oh man, I just discovered PvP in this game and now they're going to tone it down xpwise? Hopefully it will still be better than PotD because randos randomly wiping on floor *9 happens just far too often.

You can always do the floor 51-60 grind over and over and over. It's not fun, but with randoms it's the safest with the most dangerous thing being the one rear end in a top hat who insists on opening every chest and runs mimics around.

Givin fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 4, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

They're nerfing PVP exp? Man, do they even want people to get more than one DPS to level 70?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I cannot believe they haven't switched to trading in generic tokens you get 1 of per floor automatically each week. What the gently caress is the point of forcing people to almost assuredly have to do multiple runs of something in a week?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

also there is no shortage of "need heals/tank for exdr" that goes unanswered in PBC and I assume the other free companies too.
Also the converse "hey I'm tanking who wants a fast queue" followed by a million x dps

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If someone uses a Pom of Alteration, I genuinely begin to hate them.

If it makes a mimic room, I just run the other way and let them deal with it and if it's blocking the only way, I tell them I need to go potty and tab out for 2 minutes.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Givin posted:

I'm hoping that the exp change to pvp they're saying is the current value is the losers share because gently caress that poo poo if you think its worth it for less. It was good but the main reason for the boom in PVP was "it's not PotD." Just have to wait and see the numbers I guess but if I had to bet they are going to set it lower for 2nd and a pittance for 3rd, especially if you get slam dunked in 5-10 mins.

This change does answer the question I had many pages back about why bother to win so there is that.

You can always do the floor 51-60 grind over and over and over. It's not fun, but with randoms it's the safest with the most dangerous thing being the one rear end in a top hat who insists on opening every chest and runs mimics around.

True on both counts. I'm probably just salty and don't trust them.

For every group I get in potd that runs straight to the end I swear I get 5 that single pull every mob at floor 51. Wiped due to someone pulling 4 mimics on to us last week. How do you even find that many?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I've been leveling a tank class second specifically to get around the queue bullshit since I don't mind the role, but the current situation is just completely untenable. Why should people even bother logging in if it's going to take an hour and a half to get a random dungeon done, let alone a raid you may or may not even clear? I totally queue with friends to do stuff, but it's really nice to not have to to do basic content. The only upside is it probably won't get much worse over time since we'll see slightly more tanks queuing and slightly more DPS not even bothering to log in at all, but the latter isn't a good outcome for Square.

Failboattootoot posted:

I cannot believe they haven't switched to trading in generic tokens you get 1 of per floor automatically each week. What the gently caress is the point of forcing people to almost assuredly have to do multiple runs of something in a week?
The assumption is that it will keep people in the queue longer since they'll have to run the content over and over multiple times a week to get their drop. Which to be fair isn't really incorrect... but the problem is it inevitably results in a not insignificant number of people being unable to get their token because you can only run a finite number of attempts per week and some people are just unlucky.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lokipunk posted:

True on both counts. I'm probably just salty and don't trust them.

For every group I get in potd that runs straight to the end I swear I get 5 that single pull every mob at floor 51. Wiped due to someone pulling 4 mimics on to us last week. How do you even find that many?

You might just have the worst luck in finding potd parties because while full clears are maddening, since coming back I've yet to run into a potd party that wasn't quietly trying to bumrush through as quickly as reasonably possible. So you have my condolences.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

PVP was more popular because it's easier to not contribute in than in 4 man content. It was good fun votekicking 'base defenders' though

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Checking Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn update/launcher version. 2014."

Oh god, this update process will take awhile even after I downloaded the 11GB game client.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Annoyingly, I suspect that the queue lengths for shatter will go up now that you might be incentivized to try, but hopefully this is implemented as an overall buff to experience.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Xarbala posted:

You might just have the worst luck in finding potd parties because while full clears are maddening, since coming back I've yet to run into a potd party that wasn't quietly trying to bumrush through as quickly as reasonably possible. So you have my condolences.

I've had a ton of groups that pull every loving mob in the dungeon.

Ularg posted:

"Checking Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn update/launcher version. 2014."

Oh god, this update process will take awhile even after I downloaded the 11GB game client.

Is this your first MMO? That's kinda how it goes.

If it was Everquest back in the day, you'd be patching for a week.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

homeless snail posted:

Also the converse "hey I'm tanking who wants a fast queue" followed by a million x dps

Sounds like all the cool people left to Omega, we're having the opposite problem. :rip:

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

pray for my aunt posted:

Flamethrower Status: It's good.

gently caress these boooooks

even creepier when you spot the ghost pirate in the top right of your flames. beard. and. everything.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Countblanc posted:

One of the problems, and it's the same everywhere, is once you've got your 310 set/s, there's no current reason to run expert roulette. It'll get a bit better as soon as the new tome goes in.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Patch is up, by the way, if anyone's waiting with bated breath to get it downloaded. ~220MB.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Zaphod42 posted:

I've had a ton of groups that pull every loving mob in the dungeon.

Is this your first MMO? That's kinda how it goes.

If it was Everquest back in the day, you'd be patching for a week.

No I just realized, and confirmed on the account website that I signed up for this in 2014. Time really flies.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Kettlepip posted:

even creepier when you spot the ghost pirate in the top right of your flames. beard. and. everything.

:vince:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Asimo posted:

The assumption is that it will keep people in the queue longer since they'll have to run the content over and over multiple times a week to get their drop. Which to be fair isn't really incorrect... but the problem is it inevitably results in a not insignificant number of people being unable to get their token because you can only run a finite number of attempts per week and some people are just unlucky.

Yes, the main problem is that it doesn't account for time being finite. Unless someone is farming 24/7, or farms with the same people, you will inevitably end up with some folks who simply get RNG hosed in a given week.

Granted this gear ultimately ends up getting supplanted by tome gear, but it remains frustrating, especially for folks who like to step into Savage modes day 1.

Which may not be me, this time around, as I remain a homeless lalafell. :negative:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kettlepip posted:

holy poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

There's also like a cow face/snout(??) in the very upper right corner there

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Truga posted:

Sounds like all the cool people left to Omega, we're having the opposite problem. :rip:
Just 80 more days before all the Europeans transfer back... *marks another day off calendar*

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ularg posted:

No I just realized, and confirmed on the account website that I signed up for this in 2014. Time really flies.

Ah. Yeah time is a real sonofabitch.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Truga posted:

As a healer I can attest to that. More than once have I asked if anyone wanted to queue with me and got no one. I think goons hate me. :ohdear:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Kettlepip posted:

Oh poo poo.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Omega gear is 320.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cool, I get to skip the bolts-acquisition phase, at least at first :v: