Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i dunno dropping all of the party line democrat bullshit has made it way easier for me to enjoy the things that are deemed absolutely haram as cultural appropriation and speak to people like human beings instead of doing some mental algebra on what is acceptable or not to say according to the Identity Politics Handbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

i dunno dropping all of the party line democrat bullshit has made it way easier for me to enjoy the things that are deemed absolutely haram as cultural appropriation and speak to people like human beings instead of doing some mental algebra on what is acceptable or not to say according to the Identity Politics Handbook

the only truth is the gospel. i believe this with all my heart. it is acid to kingdoms, and men of power

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

same... well, minus the dating the imwithher, i was hooking up with some haole chick who i only met because she didn't want to fail her classes, otherwise she just stayed in and played wow and poo poo :v:

i was getting pretty into the whole modern white man's burden ideology, but then one day i realized i was harboring a seething ill will towards my best friend in the entire goddamn world for telling an off-color joke once. in that moment, i knew i, and everything i was being told, couldn't have been more wrong.

I used to be against the Cleveland Indians logo.

I found out I was part native american. Now? I find it weirdly cool because I too have a dumb rear end grin like Chief Wahoo. I'm more disheartened that the Native Americans that share my blood are treated like poo poo like at DAPL, etc than a stupid logo.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Orkin Mang posted:

the only truth is the gospel. i believe this with all my heart. it is acid to kingdoms, and men of power

teres this thing called the 'holy roman empite' u should look it up

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

teres this thing called the 'holy roman empite' u should look it up

past tense, old bean

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
if it was acid to an empire why would they have built one around it then bub

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

if it was acid to an empire why would they have built one around it then bub

they were just confused

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's amazing how people naturally drift towards the GOP when they realize they're racist, huh

Really makes ya think

quote:

The alt-right’s ground force did not come from “right wingers”, it came from the left. The Alt-Right isn’t a conservative movement, it’s a social state tax-revolt. They aren’t “taking advantage of infighting” as certain leftists fear. They are leftist infighting.

People keep making a big deal of the Alt-Right being “identitarian”, as though this were a bizarre thing to have occurred. It isn’t. It’s completely consistent with their origin. Their “ideological core” might be actual right-wingers, but that’s completely immaterial. Most of them don’t have an “ideology”. They’re there to piss off the left. They may claim allegiance to [older racists], but this is the same way the Left adheres to Judith Butler. A bunch of illiterate peasants joined the Soviets when they wanted to fight the Czar – do you think that they’d all carefully selected Bolshevism when they went ideology hunting? Those with common enemies close ranks regardless of origin.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Wasn't 'alt-right' coined by Richard Spencer?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb posted:

Wasn't 'alt-right' coined by Richard Spencer?

no.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Then who? It sounds stupid so it might as well have been.
I had no idea the alt-right were made up of Bernie bros.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Avirosb posted:

A LOT of bernie bros said gently caress the democratic party after the election.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pawn 17 posted:

A LOT of bernie bros said gently caress the democratic party after the election.

They probably did before the election as well.
First time voters and all that.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb posted:

http://www.unz.com/article/the-decline-and-rise-of-the-alternative-right/

the modern alt right is the result of the hybridization of a conservative reaction against bush and the neocons and leftist reaction against their own excesses. it appropriates the ideology of the original alternative right, the buchanan style paleocons, but is mainly animated by spite and what it opposes rather then what it is.

the description of it as a social tax revolt is one of the better characterizations Ive heard.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Huh. A social tax revolt with memes is a good way to be taken seriously.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Avirosb posted:

I hear it's much better to punch people in the face and call them nazis

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

theperminator posted:

I hear it's much better to punch people in the face and call them nazis

There's no discernible difference between antifa and the alt-right (both irrational lefties, right?) but Richard Spencer is definitely a nazi.
Let the poor idiots have at it, it's amusing in every way.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Avirosb posted:

There's no discernible difference between antifa and the alt-right (both irrational lefties, right?) but Richard Spencer is definitely a nazi.
Let the poor idiots have at it, it's amusing in every way.

lol i hope the icbm hits you first

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb posted:

"serious" political discourse is currently defined as the kind of opinion that you would hear at a K Street cocktail hour. if you're the kind of person who would never be invited to one, then your opinion will never be "serious"

people do destructive things when frustrated and frustration is the correct response to a system designed to shut you out

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

SickZip posted:

"serious" political discourse is currently defined as the kind of opinion that you would hear at a K Street cocktail hour. if you're the kind of person who would never be invited to one, then your opinion will never be "serious"

people do destructive things when frustrated and frustration is the correct response to a system designed to shut you out

Indeed. This is also why we see so much religious extremism.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Extrapolating from the liberal bs that people become religious extremists because they were excluded from a soccer game in school, I suppose lions hunt their prey because we don't make them feel welcome and integrated enough.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

theperminator posted:

Extrapolating from the liberal bs that people become religious extremists because they were excluded from a soccer game in school, I suppose lions hunt their prey because we don't make them feel welcome and integrated enough.

Extrapolating a strawman? How quaint.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Everyone please, it's the 4th, let's celebrate together. I'm having a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout right now as I finish up loving around in video games and go doze on the couch.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

theperminator posted:

Jihadis fighting the noble war against the infidel are exactly like the courageous lion, I agree

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Heaven Spacey posted:

Jihadis fighting the noble war against the infidel are exactly like the courageous lion, I agree

A lions prey runs away, a liberal says "we all deserve this" and enacts policies to ensure everyone gets eaten.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

The White Dragon posted:

i know some libertarians irl and they're pretty chill people but some of their views are pretty :whitewater:

I had a friend/co-worker who dealt weed out of his apartment and he was a cool guy but severely libertarian and sometimes he'd get into these rants about how even the sick and infirm can find jobs turning a crank somewhere and it was like yikes

He ended up moving home after his roommate stole tens of thousands of dollars from him and moved out suddenly

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

theperminator posted:

A lions prey runs away, a liberal says "we all deserve this" and enacts policies to ensure everyone gets eaten.

The world has three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Heaven Spacey posted:

The world has three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes

rear end in a top hat; the secret third gender.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
no one can stop America. we rule the god drat world. we go where we want and kill whom we wish. we invent weapons that can end the loving world just to gently caress you over if you spark our unholy wrath, and we dont even know they will work right, they might light the atmosphere on fire and torch the planet, we dont know, we dont give a gently caress, so long as it fucks you too, because that's how we roll

now watch as you consume our culture and your brains rot and your teeth fall out while you get fat and jerk yourselves off to our movies and music while screeching about how much we suck

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
INDEPENDENCE DAY, FUCKERS

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Zippy the Bummer posted:

no one can stop America. we rule the god drat world. we go where we want and kill whom we wish. we invent weapons that can end the loving world just to gently caress you over if you spark our unholy wrath, and we dont even know they will work right, they might light the atmosphere on fire and torch the planet, we dont know, we dont give a gently caress, so long as it fucks you too, because that's how we roll

now watch as you consume our culture and your brains rot and your teeth fall out while you get fat and jerk yourselves off to our movies and music while screeching about how much we suck

Roughly 1% of you are okay. They're the ones who made America great.
The remaining 99% are just filler.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Avirosb posted:

Roughly 1% of you are okay. They're the ones who made America great.
The remaining 99% are just filler.

The ones who made America great died long ago.

What you see today are the kids squandering the inheritance in a syphilis ridden party of heroin enthusiasts firing freedom bullets from their AR-15s into the air as they act out scenes from Idiocracy.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DancingShade posted:

The ones who made America great died long ago.

What you see today are the kids squandering the inheritance in a syphilis ridden party of heroin enthusiasts firing freedom bullets from their AR-15s into the air as they act out scenes from Idiocracy.

The only way you can tell you're talking about modern times specifically is because you mentioned AR-15s

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Avirosb posted:

weirdly, it's a political movement that is both irrelevant and capable of making idiots on this website froth with rage

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

VikingSkull posted:

weirdly, it's a political movement that is both irrelevant and capable of making idiots on this website froth with rage

People find joy in most things, not limited to frothing at irrelevant things.
Weirdly.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wolfsheim posted:

wait are you saying we should start a war to liberate north korea

uhhh you guys are supposed to be against neoconservatives playing world police right

Being hesitant to accept a hostile country routinely capturing and torturing our citizens to death while regularly threatening us and our allies with "utter nuclear annihilation" is playing world police, right

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you're so hosed in the head that you start defending the sovereignty of kim jong un

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb posted:

They probably did before the election as well.
First time voters and all that.

Do they allow voting in your dictatorship?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

:911:happy 4th everyone:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

The only way you can tell you're talking about modern times specifically is because you mentioned AR-15s

Truly previous generation was the greatest of us all, and next generation can only hope not to wither away in the shadows their ancestors cast

• Locked thread