Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Spoiler: the music for the Omega raid is straight out of FF5 - Prelude to the Void, Battle 2, The Decisive Battle and The Final Battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Alright, finally updating the 15GB I need to get playing. Now if only the PS4 version would let me run that download in the background while I play rogue legacy or something.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Hell yeah

Man, I wonder when we're gonna fight the Four Fiends. That's probably their masterstroke if they ever release a WoD level expansion i guess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Varance posted:

Spoiler: the music for the Omega raid is straight out of FF5 - Prelude to the Void, Battle 2, The Decisive Battle and The Final Battle

the third song in particular mmmMMMMMMM

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Halicarnassus is confirmed a boss, so the name changes may be related to the last boss of Haukke Manor?

Catastrophe's in too, hope you brought your float and reflect :getin:

X-Death maaay have a savage only phase. Neo X-Death?

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

Truga posted:

Sounds like all the cool people left to Omega, we're having the opposite problem. :rip:

Honestly, at least at the times I play, it's the same in TPT. I rarely see requests for tank/healer go completely unanswered (it may be "if you can wait for me to finish X," but not usually radio silence), and I've been just queuing into DF alone as healer after getting no response in FC chat.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Omega Healer body is crit/spellspeed. :swoon:

Fending Left Side:

Maiming Left Side:

Striking Left Side:

Aiming Left Side:

Scouting Left Side:

Healing Left Side:

Casting Left Side:

Accessories:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Not much piety on there :(

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
No new crafting recipes in this patch.

So that means no getting crafted gear pre-Savage. Crafted gear should probably come out in two weeks?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Truga posted:

suck it ast/sch

also there's plenty of piety, what. there's more piety than any other stat lol

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Truga posted:

i think you're reading the chart wrong my friend

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Minrad posted:

suck it ast/sch

SCH doesn't need Piety at all though at i314.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

in my experience none of the healers need piety in the current content, but everyone keeps complaining about running out of mana anyway :shrug:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Minrad posted:

:ssh:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Minrad posted:

in my experience none of the healers need piety in the current content, but everyone keeps complaining about running out of mana anyway :shrug:

If you're DPSing a lot mana can get a little tight.

That's why I party with a Bard.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

derp

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Servers are up.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you're DPSing a lot mana can get a little tight.

That's why I party with a Bard.

It's great that bards can push buttons on cooldown now, it'll make things so much better for healers.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Minrad posted:

but everyone keeps complaining about running out of mana anyway :shrug:
I started leveling my AST recently and I am SHOCKED that I can't DPS all the way through a dungeon. It feels so good without Cleric Stance but if your group is more on the you-dont-pay-my sub side of the damage spectrum you have to stop and wait for regen constantly. :(

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
servers are up if anyone cares

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So what's the strategy for gearing in Omega? I've never been gearing when it was current. Just run through 1-4 and get whatever tokens you can, or prioritize the chest/legs tokens? I guess if you're solo it's different, but assuming it's a static, what do people usually do?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
They are re-using the old drop table from Alexander, so have this handy goon-created table.

Ignore the bit about the quest giving a bolt, that was true then, and no indication of whether or not it will be true now. Everything else is correct.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Many people prioritise, but honestly the difference between just getting whatever and prioritising is like 2 weeks of having 3% better stats. I'll need stuff I want now and greed stuff I want later, and if I get the 2nd thing that's fine too.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Way late for posting your character but with it maintenance (or just finishing it) I thought I would post mine.

WAR's 70 set looks so bloody cool.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize it is some meme. Deleted.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 4, 2017

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Love that the first boss of Omega is literally the Alt-Right.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mark XIV Thermocoil Boilmaster is my loving boy.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

They are re-using the old drop table from Alexander, so have this handy goon-created table.

Ignore the bit about the quest giving a bolt, that was true then, and no indication of whether or not it will be true now. Everything else is correct.
We got one pedal and two bolts off V1.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
PVP Exp Trip Report:

First values were wrong. Not 12,10,8 percent like I thought. Haven't seen a time bonus i don't believe.

At 59: 3,888,000 to level
First place 302300
Second place 216000

Givin fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 4, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

It was 12% for everyone before the patch, right?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
:reddit: reporting slightly different numbers, ie. 2nd and 3rd getting roughly two thirds of a win (in your numbers that would be the 8% instead of 12% so that part adds up), and the win XP is the same as before.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

It was 12% for everyone before the patch, right?

Just over 12%, yes.

If that's true you're going from 8 matches per level to 10-11 and no more than 13.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I need to have my I told you so moment here.

Exdeath is in this game and Kefka still isn't, get dunked you lovely Kefka fans :smug:

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Givin posted:

PVP exp is 12% of your level for a win, 10% for 2nd 8% for 3rd looks like.

This absolutely blows and is a really wrongheaded approach. Disappointed, but not really surprised-- they're probably going to continue in this vein until PVP gets back to its HW levels of irrelevance.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
At up to 50% more matches per level in order to skip PotD and dungeon queues, I'm fully expecting even more people to "guard the base" now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Velthice posted:

I need to have my I told you so moment here.

Exdeath is in this game and Kefka still isn't, get dunked you lovely Kefka fans :smug:

But if Exdeath is the finale of the first egg, there's no reason they can't make a Four Fiends egg and a Kefka's Tower egg :getin:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm having a harder and harder time putting off picking up the expac the more I see. I last played around when the combiner boss in the Alexander raid was new. How much catching up do I have to do?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Deltascape was solid (and screw all the FFV crap, the story was excellent because it remembered Midgardsormr existed). V3 was by far my favorite fight, and it'll be exciting to see all the ways PUGs can screw it up!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Isn't there supposed to be xp awarded for participation now?

Sure looking forward to people being even more mad about losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Haha, awesome.

I got the Exdeath minion my first go!