Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bump_fn posted:

america im nor high enough

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

do they have fast food at the megachurch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i think i got a good america experience i went all over

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jose posted:

i wanted to experience a proper sunday service but it didn't happen

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2kLqsn9594

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

punchymcpunch posted:

do they have fast food at the megachurch

quote:

For the Ellis family of Plano, Texas, church is not some chore to attend to on Easter Sunday. It's not even just a Sunday outing. The Ellises spend as much time at Prestonwood Baptist Church as they do at their home.

"In our family we almost kid, because we spend so much time up here, just because we love it," said Johnson Ellis. "There's just a lot of fun things up here."

Prestonwood is not a simple church -- its sprawling campus covers 140 acres.

Dad works out at Prestonwood, and mom, Beth, teaches religion. The kids, Graham and Sheridan, hang out in the children's section, and their older sister, Landen, goes to school at Prestonwood and sings in the choir.

Prestonwood has sports fields, an arcade, small bible-study groups and a bookstore on what is called Main Street. There is even a food court where the Ellises frequently eat, complete with a Starbucks.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

america im nor high enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_uh8XjgLTE

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Fave prosperity pastor is still Creflo Dollar.

He named himself Dollar; that's just too on-the-nose.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Jose posted:

i think i got a good america experience i went all over

did you ask for tea then get served a perplexingly large bucket of ice and syrup

this seems to be a p common experience

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

consumed by normies posted:

i used to live like 5 minutes from the summit/lakewood church, joel osteens megachurch. boy sundays sucked

i remember when the rockets played there

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Fave prosperity pastor is still Creflo Dollar.

He named himself Dollar; that's just too on-the-nose.

holla holla get me

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Lmao you guys started worshipping the malls directly.

Also is prosperity gospel just Grace except you can tell who God is letting into heaven by how rich they are?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Annual Prophet posted:

did you ask for tea then get served a perplexingly large bucket of ice and syrup

this seems to be a p common experience

no but then i don't think i ever asked for tea

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

fuckin stupid gym doesnt open for another 20 mins this bullshit holiday is realyl doing a number on my schedule

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

having been awake since 3am this day is started to get tiring

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

jarofpiss posted:

fuckin stupid gym doesnt open for another 20 mins this bullshit holiday is realyl doing a number on my schedule

disgusting, maybe u should go clean trump's hollywood star as penance

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

i remember when the rockets played there

hakeem....

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

when she sees him, anck su namun is gonna decide its better just to stay dead

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i saw some posts last night that said we are at war with north korea but i didnt read the thread, is that still on?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

tbh not gonna read the thread very closely when its just pics of cuckerberg pretending to be human

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

i saw some posts last night that said we are at war with north korea but i didnt read the thread, is that still on?

trump has sent kushner to north korea ot broker peace

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Jose posted:

trump has sent kushner to north korea ot broker peace

gently caress yeah!! war still on everyone!!! get ur bats and ur guns!!~

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/882220223054721024

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mayor Dave posted:

i think every foreign tourist should add a megachurch to their itinerary, because that's just about the only way to truly experience america

i once attended a p chill evangelical service that had a guy that looked like Jesus playing acoustic guitar...i was just there cause I was like 16 and trying to get in someones pants tho

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/FOX5Atlanta/status/881949120294006784

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
hopefully the North Korean Missle Crisis distracts the public from the upcoming healthcare vote so the deaths of boomers can go unabated.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

LMAO I completely forgot about drat Yankees and Ted Nugget being in that band

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

i once attended a p chill evangelical service that had a guy that looked like Jesus playing acoustic guitar...i was just there cause I was like 16 and trying to get in someones pants tho

churhc seems a bad place for this

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

that has to smell fowl

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

that was the actual jesus testing u

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Ramadu posted:

that has to smell fowl

What the gently caress did you just loving say, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i hope people in brisco county are still able to fill their cars up w raw chicken

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Louisiana rejected the voter registration request

I don't have the exact list on hand but it's now at nearly 40 states

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

lorn Wayne posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

nopantsjack posted:

Lmao you guys started worshipping the malls directly.

Also is prosperity gospel just Grace except you can tell who God is letting into heaven by how rich they are?

p. much yeah

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chris James 2 posted:

Louisiana rejected the voter registration request

I don't have the exact list on hand but it's now at nearly 40 states

how many states have agreed to the demands? just Texas so far?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

call me crazy but i suspect that this image has been 'modified' in some sense :thunk:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mayor Dave posted:

p. much yeah

Lol that's like the direct opposite of Christianity

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

Lol that's like the direct opposite of Christianity

you see when jesus said "gently caress rich people stab em to death" he actually meant gently caress the poors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

• Locked thread