Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Star Citizen: WTB Magic Beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Friendly reminder that 18 months ago this was the state of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

And this is where they are now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa1lxb7C4Ik

And yes, that really is someone so desperate for gameplay in Star Citizen that they modded it in.

Lol. They went back 20 years and made a MuD?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek Smart is so irrelevant and un-noteworthy that I will proceed to mention him in a Glassdoor review of the company I work for.

Lol

"Ugh, this one person saps all our morale and will to live!"

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I can honestly imagine some freshly-joined, starry-eyed developer writing this, siege mentality and all that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15995-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

I like how the space flair/flare gun makes an appearance. Also two days of lore stuff this week. :toot:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Variable 5 posted:

Derek you should start predicting 4.0 will be late

Get that poo poo locked down now, gotta have a reason to sign every post with :smug:

Well there's an idea. Amma go write a blog. You know, for bragging rights and all that. :grin:

MedicineHut posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6l0yr2/erin_roberts_interview_studio_tour_overview/

How can someone go on a tour of F42 to be shown current, specific, actual and tangible work in progress only to leave the premises with a loving wall of dreams (tm) to report on.

It's the NDA, you see. It prevents them from talking about anything but the dreams.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Leaked 3.0 dev build screen shot, showing cargo hold gameplay for an unfortunate Commando whose ship has suffered damage to the gravity goo circulation piping.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Friendly reminder that 18 months ago this was the state of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

I never actually watched that whole thing.

I thought it was pretty funny considering that it is a live broadcast event and a certain someone suddenly has something urgent for Chris Roberts to sign. Got to work in an appearance somehow amirite?

Also Ben is very loud, and the way they are talking while they screwed up and haven't moved the camera off of Chris is pretty hilarious in that I've seen public access kids shoot live video better than these dolts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tuo's gonna have to go brush up on his html and create StarTube so he can safely post his video without worrying about it getting reported by dirty goons.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Grow up Ben. Grow the gently caress up.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/879088943689367552

This is the twitter feed of an almost 40 year old human male.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Tuo's gonna have to go brush up on his html and create StarTube so he can safely post his video without worrying about it getting reported by dirty goons.

I really want to see this stupid video.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I'm ready to go full angry cat at this poo poo

quote:

Most power plants consume hydrogen in one of two
ways. The most common type is a fission reactor,
which directly separates the hydrogen atom to make
power.
These plants are rugged and easy to maintain,
and fuel for them can be found almost anywhere.
However, these plants can only produce so much
power at any given time and their fuel consumption
is high. Fission reactors also produce high amounts
of EM and thermal energy, making you easy to spot.

I have less of a science background than Chris Roberts since I'm not a thumb with the mind of wide-eyed 8-year-old but

YOU NEED TWO PROTONS TO DO THAT YOU loving HUMPS

JEEEEEZUS

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I have less of a science background than Chris Roberts since I'm not a thumb with the mind of wide-eyed 8-year-old but

JEEEEEZUS

Fission is splitting very big atoms into pieces

Fusion is joining small atoms together

There you go Chris, you can have that for free.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I cant take this anymore

This is the "person" who "wrote" this "magazine":

https://eus-www.sway-cdn.com/s/uGfLrFesHsSDrZDp/images/qOeqyyKnTuCNWs?quality=604&allowAnimation=true

gently caress it, I'm done. I'm loving done. Everything about this project is fecal poo poo and I am so loving sick of it

quote:

All images captured in game with some or minimal
alteration.

https://eus-www.sway-cdn.com/s/uGfLrFesHsSDrZDp/images/FqDnCnHthWduO3?quality=1500&allowAnimation=true

gently caress OFF with this poo poo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Why are the SQ42 guys not putting up their schedule when the original pitch for the SC schedule was that it was their own internal schedule just opened up to people? The schedule should exist already unless they aren't following any milestones or whatever which for a game that has to come out this year seems extremely weird. Most of it SHOULD be done already and they should be fine tuning and getting things ready for the first extensive play testing of a potential gold master.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
These people should be ashamed of what they are producing. And even more ashamed to take people's money for it. That's really all there is to say about Star Citizen.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Gee, nobody tell CR about anti-matter since he'll conceive and execute the most borderline retarded explanation for it

He can't even get gravity right. The only thing stopping his arrogant, ego-inflated thumb head from floating off into space and he doesn't get it.

The kindest epitaph I could come up with for Chris: He just doesn't get it

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

JEEEEEZUS

I miss EVE-On, the Eve magazine. It was awesome :(

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Sandweed posted:

How do you know that they weren't watching the pushers twitch stream?

Because nobody wants to watch Pusher :haw:

Colostomy Bag posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15995-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

I like how the space flair/flare gun makes an appearance. Also two days of lore stuff this week. :toot:

:negative:

Colostomy Bag posted:

two days of lore stuff this week.

:negative::negative::negative:

when will it stop

I just want it to end

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I wonder what would happen if I drink a cup of gravity in the Star Citizen living breathing universe world
Would I start flying

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ayn Marx posted:

I wonder what would happen if I drink a cup of gravity in the Star Citizen living breathing universe world
Would I start flying

You experience gravitational collapse centred around your gastrointestinal system and disappear up your own rear end in a top hat. Much like its creator, Chris Roberts.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ayn Marx posted:

Would I start flying

You'd implode, get impaled, and/or be crushed by the environment as it rushed to be near you in every way imaginable.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ayn Marx posted:

Would I start flying

My guess is you would T-Pose and then fall through the world or launch into orbit.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ayn Marx posted:

Would I start flying

CTD "Sorry. This feature has not yet been implemented. Thanks for playing Wing Commander Star Citizen"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/882252804831813633

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

JEEEEEZUS

It's not completely wrong, the LHC succeeded in smashing protons apart, so you could build a "fission" reactor to break hydrogen atoms apart. Of course what you get would be less of a power plant and more of a power sink. A machine which uses up tons of energy to create tons of strange and useless radiation sounds like it would be a perfect CIG-product, though. :v:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

when will it stop

I just want it to end

It triples every two weeks commando!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

That's a good re-entry special effect. For a game made in 2001.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Ayn Marx posted:

Would I start flying

Breetai posted:

You experience gravitational collapse centred around your gastrointestinal system and disappear up your own rear end in a top hat. Much like its creator, Chris Roberts.

Tippis posted:

You'd implode, get impaled, and/or be crushed by the environment as it rushed to be near you in every way imaginable.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

My guess is you would T-Pose and then fall through the world or launch into orbit.

Gawd, you guys don't understand anything about Gravity.

The power plant doesn't make liquid gravity, it makes gravity JUICE, you only get gravity if you add the gravity juice to the special gravity PLATE, then they react together to make gravity DUH. Also the gravity the plates make is special gravity which can't go through walls because, but it can tell the difference between a tall thing made of metal and a thick thing made of metal so that things don't float off the top of crates or filing cabinets but also don't stick to the side of your ship. But also if you set up a gravity plate without a shielding wall for some reason it wouldn't have an effect on things that are slightly far away because that's just how special gravity works

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

tuo posted:

So Derek finally visiting CitizenCon, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5XQg3F5z4

Awww, I missed this video and now it's been taken down

:smith:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I've seen farts burn longer.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the only thing worse than space nerds are nintendo nerds

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Do you think redchris is smart enough to figure out that discussing the contents of a patch, from a company known to remove and/or modify said contents at the last moment, may be futile?

Like, netcode improvements have been slated for release for quite some time, but this time's the charm, I'm sure!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

JEEEEEZUS
everything in that paragraph is dumb, like differentiating between EM and thermal energy in the context of detecting poo poo in space

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also, someone should photoshop Derek Smart into my avatar. That way everyone will see the video without it being taken down all the time.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why are the SQ42 guys not putting up their schedule when the original pitch for the SC schedule was that it was their own internal schedule just opened up to people? The schedule should exist already unless they aren't following any milestones or whatever which for a game that has to come out this year seems extremely weird. Most of it SHOULD be done already and they should be fine tuning and getting things ready for the first extensive play testing of a potential gold master.

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/sc-scoop/#post-5276

quote:

For embedded links, see article link above:
===
SQUADRON 42 DELAYED TO 2018

As I reported on Twitter earlier today, several sources, as they have done twice before in 2015 and 2016, have once again informed me that SQ42 is now a 2018 game. In fact, the current internal schedule shows it stretching all the way to mid-2018, and possibly beyond. The past two times that I had reported this, some people didn’t believe it. And CIG kept denying it. This Sept 2016 denial was my favorite. Both 2015 and 2016 came and went. Right up to the blatant lies that CIG told during the events (GamesCom and CitizenCon) of Q4/2016. I wrote extensively about that in my Shattered Dreams blog from Oct 2016.

Sources also tell me that they’re frantically trying to either get a preview or trailer out before the end of the year. So yeah, probably a repeat of Q4/2016 all over again.

Oh, and they have definitely chopped up the SQ42 game. I reported on this back in 2016 as well, but they have apparently stuck to the goal of releasing the once full game, into bits and pieces in order to “keep things going and raising money”. It makes perfect sense if you ask me. They know that the minute they release any “final” version of any portion of this train-wreck project, that’s it’s all over. So why not maintain the bait and switch Status Quo by splitting a full game into parts, then sell them separately? If you recall, they did that back in 2016 when they split SQ42 from Star Citizen, in order to sell it separately. Except this time, they’re going to split SQ42 even further. Which, now that I think about it, explains why you can buy that game for $15 (instead of $45) if you buy it as a bundle ($45 + $15) with Star Citizen. My God man! We’re doing it all wrong.

DAT DEV SCHEDULE!

I have seen it.

It’s amazing.

And it goes beyond 2017, and all the way to 2021. <—- LOL!!

The internal dev schedule looks absolutely nothing like the public dev schedule they put up for backers. Not only does the internal one have entries for SQ42, but it also shows all the tech and asset dependencies that the title is currently awaiting. Since SQ42 uses the same engine as Star Citizen Actual, it stands to reason that, networking fiasco aside, they simply can’t complete that title without those core engine components and assets.

When they first released a dev schedule, following backer dissent and outcry, it was along the lines of what was shown in Q4/2016. They got quite a bit of money by the time dust settled, and backer trust (in some regard) was regained. That didn’t last very long because shortly thereafter, they released a new version for the upcoming 3.0 that looked nothing like the original plan, though it did go all the way to 4.0. Then, shockingly, they later released another version which completely removed everything after 3.2. Yeah.

Basically, having failed to “save PC gaming“, while singing the “death to publishers!” theme song, Chris is basically doing what publishers know some devs with publisher funding tend to do: maintain two separate schedules. One to keep the publisher happy, and milestones paid; and one that’s the actual internal one which they hope will match the timeline that leads to a game. It’s the equivalent of having two accounting “books”, one of which is highly fraudulent. Only this time, backers are the publishers. Except that the backers still giving them money, are either completely gullible fools, or they’re using Star Citizen to launder money as I wrote in my Money Laundromat blog.

It is amazing to me that there are two games in development; but yet still, even though backers haven’t seen anything tangible from SQ42 since the Godawful Morrow Tour from 2015, that it doesn’t even appear in the public dev schedule. It’s as if it doesn’t even exist; or that they know if they release it, that backers would freak out, and see that it’s nowhere near complete in the short-term. This despite the fact that they keep showing art and videos purportedly from the game. But that’s normal though, right?

What’s even more egregious to me, is that backers have forked out over $150 million for two games, but they have to rely on insider leaks – for a crowdfunded project – to get most of the tangible and reliable information about the project they paid for. And they still don’t have a clue about most of what’s left to do in the games. So we have a public tracker that’s just as hilarious as it is shocking.

AND FURTHERMORE

The project is FUBAR. And backers are in for the most interesting shocker yet. But I’m holding on to that one for now. Stay tuned.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Nobody visits your forum Derek, just post your feelings here sans quotes already.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ash1138 posted:

everything in that paragraph is dumb, like differentiating between EM and thermal energy in the context of detecting poo poo in space

It bugs me to hell.. WHERE DOES ALL THAT HEAT GO? Wait, I get it. Pilots are irradiated then ejected as heat sinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

So what can actually do in the alpha? After 5 years of development?