Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I can't believe you intolerant liberals take issue with her appealing to Nazis for money. hash tag freeze peach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is she at least saying no to the nazi stuff?

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

business hammocks posted:

Is she at least saying no to the nazi stuff?

She meekly said something to the effect of, 'Guys can we get mods to ban this guy? You can't post swastikas in the chat'.

And then it got worse.

And she mentioned nothing about it again.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/GothSkunk/status/882055722585935872
:eyepop:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well I suppose you could characterize nazism as being an inside joke that some people weren't part of and a world war is a fairly effective troll.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/GothSkunk/status/882059222392872960

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

drat he really is a master of irony

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Quite frankly I don't mentally separate people who pretend to be nazis ironically and people who are actual full-blown nazis. Kill them all, society improves.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Technically, it's impossible to sell you immortal soul. I checked the theology on it, because when I was a kid I sold a third of my soul for a coke and I wanted to be sure, you know, just in case.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Did they just ignore her meek request for no swastikas or did they actively attack her for it

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Giving Laci the most generous benefit of the doubt, is it possible that all these frog Nazis are actually liberal trolls?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Mr Interweb posted:

Giving Laci the most generous benefit of the doubt, is it possible that all these frog Nazis are actually liberal trolls?

They're most likely full-blown pepes who are trying to assess how serious she is and also making her eat poo poo.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Trolls, yes. But not liberal ones. More of the Paul Joseph Watson "I peed my pants to make you think I peed my pants and tell everyone that I pee my pants. Joke's on you!" variety.

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

Verisimilidude posted:

Quite frankly I don't mentally separate people who pretend to be nazis ironically and people who are actual full-blown nazis. Kill them all, society improves.

same wrt nickelback fans

EDIT: VV Okay you're right, both Nickelback and Creed endorsed Bernie Sanders for president. I am now...conflicted.

Great Metal Jesus fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 4, 2017

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Nickelback fans would back a candidate with at least some Canadian qualities so I'd love for that to happen instead of what we actually wind up with in the Land Of Freedom.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I don't want to kill Nickelback fans. I just want to know who hurt them and what needs to be done to keep other future music consumers from harm.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKDkuKUzws

THEY'RE GOOD MEMES

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

they're good memes Brent

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thanks to gbs i came across this winner. i guess he used to be the internet aristocrat? he made a video about hoteps as if they're a mainstream black concept. and jfc the video image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLP8B5G3-I

also lol the thumbnail to sargon's vidcon video:

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 4, 2017

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I'd wager the vast majority of gender neutral bathrooms are just small businesses with a single toilet/sink in a lockable room with 'toilet' written on the door, but apparently this is destroying the family now.

Where I am they have gender neutral public toilets which are just completely separate closed off "rooms" with a toilet sink and mirror in each one. They are completely individual and open on to the street so there is no interaction between any of them. They just have the normal toilet sign on each one.

I don't think I have ever heard any one even discuss that they exist, they are completely un controversial.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

A call to arms, my brothers and sisters! The Nazis are here.

What? We have to talk with them and take them seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Y6jeAMOHs

You see, Jared Taylor and Charles Murray are "academics" and so we have to properly tackle and refute their arguments.

It is up to us, the citizens of YouTube, to stand up against racism with logic and reason.

...or we could just google Jared Taylor and Charles Murray and see they were both discredited forever ago and are now jokes with no relevancy.

Shock of shocks, his comment section is full of "races aren't equal," "White Nationalism is good", etc..

Talking things out has done wonders for him. Engaging with the swarm always works.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the mismeasure of man debunked the bell curve and it came out 13 years before murray's turd of a book lmao.

murray has the most annoying sarcastic twitter bio btw.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Groovelord Neato posted:

thanks to gbs i came across this winner. i guess he used to be the internet aristocrat? he made a video about hoteps as if they're a mainstream black concept. and jfc the video image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLP8B5G3-I

This fucko got brought up in the Internet Critic thread a while ago. Dude is pretty big on doxxing people and some of the critics like Lindsey Ellis et al were worried he was gonna stir up poo poo with them as he's doing a ""critique'"" of current and former TGWTG talent.

Also lol, nice use of a Nazi meme in your video title Mr "Gamergate is going too far right for me".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

his videos about nostalgia critic and spoony one were actually pretty sane and interesting but his one about linkara started fairly normal and got super weird and transphobic and then i saw that garbage like what i linked in my sidebar. then i realized he was internet aristocrat who i had only heard of in some mocking video since it seemed like a made up character to parody people like sargon.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 4, 2017

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Who the hell makes those images for him? It's the same style he used for his petition to ban social justice in post-secondary education.

It's just so terrible and it's amazing how much it's projecting.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Looks like Ben Garrison, the libertarian cartoonist whose cartoons kept getting shopped into neo nazi propaganda and instead of wondering why that might be so easy for people to do he just went all alt right.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

mojo1701a posted:

Who the hell makes those images for him? It's the same style he used for his petition to ban social justice in post-secondary education.

It's just so terrible and it's amazing how much it's projecting.

I thought they were Ben Garrison comics.

edit: D'oh! Beaten!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I love that pic because I ignore the text and it just looks like she's going "GROSSSSSSSS"

Which is accurate.

Also lol that Carl of Swindon produces videos 13 times his own attention span.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Clearly the one sentence with a fairly level voice was an immense overreaction.

Now, let us talk about this for one hour and five goddamn minutes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

His old artist really had a certain something that gets lost with Garrison's busy style.

Also glad Laci hugged it out with that poor misunderstood man.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm glad they could find common ground.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I wonder if anyone told her that Sargon laughed about a girl getting murdered a couple months ago.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Would she care?

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
Laci retweets Chris downplaying their having attracted so much Nazi feedback in their livestream.

https://twitter.com/ChrisRGun/status/882090317406584832

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that...that doesn't make sense.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Look all these people yelling "Seig Heil" at me during speeches means nothing and I resent the implications you're making.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

that...that doesn't make sense.

it kind of makes sense but the framing is the bad part. nazi spammers in chat isn't the 'best' rebuttal to whatever her argument was, it's a funny aside which is embarassingly true and can't be denied so it has to be minimized ("who among us hasn't had people repeatedly shouting white supremacist hate speech on our videos")

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i meant more that it wasn't the best argument. him tweeting white genocide memes is a much better one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like, rationally, if it is observed that one's actions attract interest and approval from nazis, one's actions might merit some reassessment.

If a thing is really popular with nazis, is it not a bit nazi itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tesseraction posted:

Look all these people yelling "Seig Heil" at me during speeches means nothing and I resent the implications you're making.

IIRC, this is literally the defense people gave when people were yelling Sieg Heil and giving the Nazi salute during that one Richard Spencer speech.

• Locked thread