Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Good news: I have an Exdeath minion, bad news: this idiot thing counts towards the weekly limit, so if it wasn't obvious be careful if you need gear first.

edit: this is wrong, it doesn't count

Shy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shy posted:

Good news: I have an Exdeath minion, bad news: this idiot thing counts towards the weekly limit, so if it wasn't obvious be careful if you need gear first.

You're taking the optimal path.

Freak Futanari posted:

You mean the same phase most other people started at from the moment i dared try to explain why i disagreed with them?

No, because their opinions are the popular ones.

Yeah, owned.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i'm glad to see we've arrived at the "I know my opinion is unpopular, here are some tepid 'no u' burns" phase of the discussion :allears:

I just mentally replaced that wall of unreadable garbage that got posted earlier with what I imagine a defense of not changing from 1.0 at all would look like.

"Changing the battle system to not be a giant flaming tire fire that spews noxious fumes down my gaping mouth greatly reduces the complexity of the game and furthermore"

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

You're taking the optimal path.

I'm having it out for these five weeks to show everyone how I'm not at all mad I'll get my gorgeous healer chest a week after everyone else.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Jinh posted:

Did they actually add a bit of str to tank accessories like the patch notes sort of imply with the "stat changes to equipment" bit?

Other than increase enmity modifiers, they didn't do anything other than double down that they weren't going to make bit affect damage again. They even said that the reason people were using str was only for amenity confirming that they have no idea what kind of game they made and also confirming that they either don't listen, or purposefully refuse to listen to literally everyone, na, eu, and jp, telling them how the game is actually played. My money is on the latter and theres some fuckwad in the design team that refuses to let reality get in the way of "his vision" of how tanks and healers should function in his bullshit fairytale world.

I'm saltier han the lochs right now.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
If you boost a class, does it auto complete the 1-60 job quests? I don't want to miss out on AF1 or the level 60 cache. I know I can buy the 60 stuff with hunt seals but who has the time anymore.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i played a lot of pre-sb pvp, and a lot of sb pvp, and this pvp is better, because people actually die, and you push all of your buttons. whoever the loving idiot is who thought you had to have access to all of your cooldowns and useless pve abilities so you could like one-ilm punch a dude to some useful effect like once every hundred matches was not worth the useless bloat involved.

almost everyone who liked old pvp are healers who can no longer afk their teams to functional invulnerability or terrible mmo purists who think spells should still have reagents like vanilla wow.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Givin posted:

If you boost a class, does it auto complete the 1-60 job quests? I don't want to miss out on AF1 or the level 60 cache. I know I can buy the 60 stuff with hunt seals but who has the time anymore.

I believe that it does flag all job quests complete.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Shy posted:

"Reward already received (1/2)" for O4, so it doesn't actually count? Since you normally only get 1 item per.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, okay, trying to explain why i personally preferred old PvP really isn't worth the amount sheer vitriol some people have towards me for daring to enjoy something they didn't. So yeah, whatever, enjoy PvP and good luck Defending The Base

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Velthice posted:

Other than increase enmity modifiers, they didn't do anything other than double down that they weren't going to make bit affect damage again. They even said that the reason people were using str was only for amenity confirming that they have no idea what kind of game they made and also confirming that they either don't listen, or purposefully refuse to listen to literally everyone, na, eu, and jp, telling them how the game is actually played. My money is on the latter and theres some fuckwad in the design team that refuses to let reality get in the way of "his vision" of how tanks and healers should function in his bullshit fairytale world.

I'm saltier han the lochs right now.

This is exactly how I feel right now. One of the reasons I stuck around for this game was that I thought tanks and healers essentially being hybrid dps classes was cool, fun, and fairly unique for MMOs. SE is steadfast in their desire to "fix" that, but they're doing it by removing the option for tanks and healers to do more dps, rather than giving them a good reason to be more tanky or healy.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Yeah, okay, trying to explain why i personally preferred old PvP really isn't worth the amount sheer vitriol some people have towards me for daring to enjoy something they didn't. So yeah, whatever, enjoy PvP and good luck Defending The Base

you can enjoy slamming your dick in a door all you want, just don't expect for a population group of normal people to share your enthusiasm or want to hear a lot about it

or, to put it in terms that might pierce your skull: shut the gently caress up about homestuck

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

I understand why you liked old pvp, even though I prefer the new one. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Givin posted:

You should at least be able to get your AF1 from the Calamity Salvager, I would think.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
I'm on my tenth Halicarnassus. I remember why I quit Heavensward.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Maguoob posted:

"Reward already received (1/2)" for O4, so it doesn't actually count? Since you normally only get 1 item per.

Oh I think you're right! Thanks. I was almost as sad as people I usually like to make fun of.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

I understand why you liked old pvp, even though I prefer the new one. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

:same:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

Most people aren't arguing that you were wrong to enjoy it. They're taking issue with your argument that a harder to play character/rotation complexity makes pvp better.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I was only seven victories away from my third Garo mount before SB and I prefer the new PVP a lot more.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Aphrodite posted:

You should at least be able to get your AF1 from the Calamity Salvager, I would think.

Oh I forgot about him. Thanks!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Fister Roboto posted:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

Whoa dude calm down it doesn't have to come to this

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Lots of posts since the patch hit, where did PvP exp end up?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SettingSun posted:

About 2/3.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

SettingSun posted:

Still better than POTD, you just don't get as much when in 3rd place which the afk base campers don't care about anyway.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SettingSun posted:

1st place unchanged, second place ~15% worse, last place ~30% worse.
Feast gives more or less the same exp for the time spent as a frontline

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I earned 756k exp for a win at Shatter at level 66 which is 10.2% of the level.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shy posted:

This isn't true. I got the Exdeath minion and an item in the same run.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

5 game winstreak today, in solo q no less :eyepop:

exp change was Good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SonicRulez posted:

gently caress Off Forever:
Using the Alexander token poo poo system again. Cool, so I get to run O4 20 times in a row just praying that I can roll high enough to get my 1 body token for the week. For what purpose?

Run it with 8 goons?

Also :lol: at only 20 runs. When they first added Alex normal I remember running some turns more than 20 times with a full 8 premade because it only dropped 2 tokens at a time and you could easily have multiple runs where a specific token (like a shaft) simply did not drop at all. The current token system is fine.

Skaw posted:

Unless you're clearing Omega Savage Deltascape 3 fast enough and win the lot, yes. Otherwise it's just the two weeks until that comes out + progression time, in which case you don't need the normal token.

You should only need to clear the 2nd savage fight to get the weapon token, with the 3rd giving the weapon upgrade item. Or did they announce that they've changed that?

Givin posted:

PVP Exp Trip Report:

First values were wrong. Not 12,10,8 percent like I thought. Haven't seen a time bonus i don't believe.

At 59: 3,888,000 to level
First place 302300
Second place 216000

loving lovely. :sigh:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

This isn't true. I got the Exdeath minion and an item in the same run.

yea sorry, it didn't let me roll in the same run but i'm still eligible

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

loving lovely. :sigh:

that's how it always works. it's still 600k and up from 60 onwards, exp from dungeons/roulette/etc doesnt scale up as much as exp required to level

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if enough people could stop playing on excalibur so i could make a character there that would be great

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Run it with 8 goons?

Also :lol: at only 20 runs. When they first added Alex normal I remember running some turns more than 20 times with a full 8 premade because it only dropped 2 tokens at a time and you could easily have multiple runs where a specific token (like a shaft) simply did not drop at all. The current token system is fine.

Considering how it can be hard to even find a group for EXDR sometimes I don't think 'just find 7 other people to do 4-8 runs of each floor of Omega' is as easy as you make it seem.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

vOv posted:

Considering how it can be hard to even find a group for EXDR sometimes I don't think 'just find 7 other people to do 4-8 runs of each floor of Omega' is as easy as you make it seem.

Really? I've literally never had trouble. I queue in and get into a ExDR in a couple of minutes at most each time. It usually pops in 30 seconds.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Omega tier one is excellent.

That final boss delivers. If this is the theme they're running with, maybe they really can create a raid boss who compares to T13...

I won the minion on my first go gently caress yea

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ah gently caress, new Magitek mount is a random drop from the end of Ala Mhigo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Minrad posted:

Really? God drat it. :smith:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Minrad posted:

The dungeon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Really? I've literally never had trouble. I queue in and get into a ExDR in a couple of minutes at most each time. It usually pops in 30 seconds.

I made the mistake of enjoying a DPS job so I have to beg for some kind goon from FC/linkshells to let me leech their tank/healer queue.