Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Reverand maynard posted:

eh, its likely people will turn to renters again

the thought of the elite pvp~ groups having to run unironic moon mining defense fleets for their renters puts a smile on my face, hopefully it becomes a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So what happened with the supposed PH invasion of delve?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

dunno random GBS poster

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What the hell is ph

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What the hell is ph

it is a measure of hydrogen ions in an aqueous solution

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it is a measure of hydrogen ions in an aqueous solution

pH, surely.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Penis hands.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:shittypop:

STFU Pumpkinhead
Jun 25, 2000

Has CCP said what they're going to do with packaged towers when they delete POSes? I've got a few bil in Gallente larges that never got evacced from Dek.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

STFU Pumpkinhead posted:

Has CCP said what they're going to do with packaged towers when they delete POSes? I've got a few bil in Gallente larges that never got evacced from Dek.

nope, and they won't until POS are completely obsoleted (and it'll probably take a year after that)

after the refinery patch, POS are still needed for jump bridges, beacons, and jammers

CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013
I just assumed they were going to be moving those to the new refinery structures as well to be done wit POS completely this year. They could make all 3 of those service modules for the new structures. But it's CCP so probably not and they won't actually be gone for another year or 2.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I look forward to the sweet release from my moon mining empire.

I have been moon mining since about 2013 and while that isn't nearly the length of time others have done, I feel like I don't know a life any other way.

This is my end game. Literally my retirement.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CMvan46 posted:

I just assumed they were going to be moving those to the new refinery structures as well to be done wit POS completely this year. They could make all 3 of those service modules for the new structures. But it's CCP so probably not and they won't actually be gone for another year or 2.

yeah, no

look forward to 2-3 more years of POS being around

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

I look forward to the sweet release from my moon mining empire.

I have been moon mining since about 2013 and while that isn't nearly the length of time others have done, I feel like I don't know a life any other way.

This is my end game. Literally my retirement.

have you considered rmting all your assets and buying a car?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
My reaction farm is pretty much the only reason I still play this game. Once easy isk is gone I'm probably done again. It's interesting watching a company continually shoot themselves in the foot by trying to make the game more accessible for small groups by adding content that requires coordination over multiple time zones that only large groups can provide. You'd think at some point someone in their organization would point out that the one thing small groups have proven to be incapable of is maybe not the thing to keep trying.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
It's been brought up before, but given most of :ccp: has spent their whole lives inhaling sulfur fumes and methane from the volcanos and sheep poo poo, bludgeoning their brain cells with booze to pass the winter, and occasionally supplementing their diet with rotten fish that smells and tastes of raw ammonia - you can't really expect them to do anything smart or learn lessons from past fuckups.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Was the mass-rebalance of the meta-level guns due to happen this summer or did I imagine that?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Was the mass-rebalance of the meta-level guns due to happen this summer or did I imagine that?

Haven't they pushed it off at least once already? Who knows if it'll roll out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Roller Coast Guard posted:

What do they plan to do with them? Make them weaker?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rutibex posted:

Give them each different "roles" instead of being just a bettering progression, such as less fitting room, less cap usage, more ammo stored etc

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Rutibex posted:

Giving the meta 1-3 versions a reason to exist beyond "I can't afford the meta 4", mainly.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Seems like Alpha Clones are really being abused. A lot of Syndicate pipes now are populated with the watchful eyes of alphas who are camping systems and watching traffic. Did CCP not know people in corps could easily multibox or run up a bunch of VM's and set up eyes on vast amounts of space with a bit of effort? Going a little further with some creative programming and scripting, it would be easy to start identifying player travel patterns or follow a player, groups or corps around in realtime without having scouts in ships. They might as well as just opened up the API data and saved effort. CCP never fails to impress me with their ability to smash themselves in the nuts.

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I have been playing in lowsec for the past year which has been mostly great. The past couple of months it just seems like content has been getting less and less. I don't know if it is from a slow decline of people playing or what but I'm declaring lowsec dead.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lansoc posted:

I have been playing in lowsec for the past year which has been mostly great. The past couple of months it just seems like content has been getting less and less. I don't know if it is from a slow decline of people playing or what but I'm declaring lowsec dead.

The rumour is that subscriptions are decreasing quite steadily and are at half what they were before alpha clones.

Of course CCP keeps that data confidential so I doubt there's a way to confirm. Considering what's (not) happening in game and what I am doing with my accounts, I believe it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

R-Type posted:

Seems like Alpha Clones are really being abused. A lot of Syndicate pipes now are populated with the watchful eyes of alphas who are camping systems and watching traffic. Did CCP not know people in corps could easily multibox or run up a bunch of VM's and set up eyes on vast amounts of space with a bit of effort? Going a little further with some creative programming and scripting, it would be easy to start identifying player travel patterns or follow a player, groups or corps around in realtime without having scouts in ships. They might as well as just opened up the API data and saved effort. CCP never fails to impress me with their ability to smash themselves in the nuts.

you can run alphas without vming super easily to the point where if i get banned i'm just gonna spool up 20 alphas, go to jita, and alpha random poo poo if i get bored

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

R-Type posted:

You could always do this with trial accounts, there is no difference. Alphas are good and the change was good.

working mom posted:

Give them each different "roles" instead of being just a bettering progression, such as less fitting room, less cap usage, more ammo stored etc

I like that. It might mean I get more money from my rat loot!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rutibex posted:

You could always do this with trial accounts, there is no difference. Alphas are good and the change was good.

you actually couldn't, having to only move the accounts once in their entire lifetime is significantly easier than moving one every 14-21 days.

there are guys with alpha alts in like hundreds of wormholes, they just put one per system just to have perma scounts there, which is not feasible without alphas.

it makes doing this super super easy to the point everyone can do it

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.

Maneck posted:

The rumour is that subscriptions are decreasing quite steadily and are at half what they were before alpha clones.

Of course CCP keeps that data confidential so I doubt there's a way to confirm. Considering what's (not) happening in game and what I am doing with my accounts, I believe it.

yea.. i'm thinking about going back to nullsec but it seems the blue ball is even bigger than before.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Lansoc posted:

yea.. i'm thinking about going back to nullsec but it seems the blue ball is even bigger than before.

nowadays it's a blue pacman

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

just looked at the coalition map, can someone tldr me on who is friends with who

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

Well that's my story.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just looked at the coalition map, can someone tldr me on who is friends with who

This would be helpful to figure out where to go to get some gfs if that is even possible.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the new moon mining is cool + good, we're excited for it

To be fair, that's what a lot of people were saying about fozzie sov right up til it got implemented.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Dalael posted:

To be fair, that's what a lot of people were saying about fozzie sov right up til it got implemented.

shut the gently caress up cumskin

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dalael posted:

pretty sure most of us were saying "That looks remarkably easy to troll sov."

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rhymenoserous posted:

pretty sure most of us were saying "That looks remarkably easy to troll sov."

I remember that too. Lolceptors or something. However a lot of people thought it was going to be a good change for the game even if somewhat ill thought.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Dalael posted:

I remember that too. Lolceptors or something. However a lot of people thought it was going to be a good change for the game even if somewhat ill thought.

ok cumdrop

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Just how bored are you dozer?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

yeah, but new moon mining doesn't carry an attendant risk of us losing all of our space, it's just a replacement for a fairly minor portion of our current alliance income

as such we can just completely ignore all moon antics whatsoever if it's too much of a pain in the rear end

(we'll still probably put some refineries up though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I like these too

CumStain
CumRecipient
CumSlurper
Cumlicker

But drat i can only think of those 4.

• Locked thread