Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Pick posted:

People so accustomed to getting their way and so entitled that it would never occur to them a bad decision could have consequences.

I'd say people want job stoppers for exactly what they represent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
My first tattoos were on my wrists and I'm still employed :shrug:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
My theory was that is was less about being a neck tattoo and more about it being an incredibly lame tattoo on the neck. That artist was just trying to save her from announcing her basicness to the world

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

davidspackage posted:

I bet one of her tattoos reads "I want to speak to your manager."

Well hello next tattoo!

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
This thread needs more bellybutton butt-holes.

A little :nws:ish maybe? I'll link a couple just to be safe, let me know if you think I need to change some others to straight URLs

No ring.
__

Not butt-holes, but still...

Probably :nws:
http://i.imgur.com/UYOebSS.jpg

Possibly :nws: (maybe it's fine, I mean, it's badly done and all)
http://i.imgur.com/90aRfNX.png

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Eddie Murphy has really hit rock bottom

Knee posted:

Looks like a Mad Magazine Fold-In

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Knee posted:

This thread needs more bellybutton butt-holes.

"No hope"
"Open to offers"

lol

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
A small part of me admires the dedication to a butthole joke like those.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Xpost from the AUG thread:

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Tasteless Tattoos: His precious skin, inked like a pig carcass

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

This is actually quite the interesting read. The introspection here is actually kind of amazing, as the author has managed to boil her problem with her son's tattoo down to (whether she is aware of it or not) down to it simply being a case of "He did a thing I told him not to, because he is an adult that can make his own decisions, and I don't like it because my opinion no longer matters".

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've read that before, and I still say gently caress that ignorant dumb lady. The best line in it is "I think you need to rethink your prejudices." That would make a great tattoo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Holy poo poo

quote:

So I cry instead. I have a lump in my throat that stops me from eating. I feel as if someone has died. I keep thinking of his skin, his precious skin, inked like a pig carcass.

quote:

My husband asks, “Have you seen it yet?”

I shake my head. Like a child, I am hoping that if I keep my eyes tightly shut the whole thing will disappear.

“It’s his body,” he says gently. “His choice.”

“But what if he wants to be a lawyer?”

“A lawyer?”

“Or an accountant.”

He’ll be wearing a suit. No one will ever know. And he doesn’t want to be a lawyer. Or an accountant.

I know. I know.

This woman has PROBLEMS.

Also, notice how through the entire article she never even mentions what that tattoo actually IS. I'm sure its something very tasteful. She brings up several hypothetical situations, "What if you had a smiths CD stapled to your forehead for life?"

But... was his tattoo the smiths? If not, that doesn't loving apply, does it!

I seriously hate parents who act like their children are their property. Its a really pervasive attitude and its so hosed up. Especially when he's an adult!

quote:

I say, “You couldn’t have done anything to hurt me more.”

Not drugs or crime or having a bunch of children, no, the worst possible thing is THE TATTOO

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
That is seriously go-see-a-therapist levels of anger. If she's logically pulled apart her feelings on multiple levels over it, but is still that viscerally upset then it's time to talk to a professional about why she's so frightened over he child displaying some mild agency.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

there wolf posted:

That is seriously go-see-a-therapist levels of anger. If she's logically pulled apart her feelings on multiple levels over it, but is still that viscerally upset then it's time to talk to a professional about why she's so frightened over he child displaying some mild agency.

Especially considering her son seems very reasonable about the whole thing. He's not yelling at her "ITS MY BODY MAAAAM gently caress YOU". He just "hey, don't you think you're being kinda prejudiced about this?" and she can't handle it.

Her husband also seems very reasonable about the whole thing. She really does need help.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

RickVoid posted:

This is actually quite the interesting read. The introspection here is actually kind of amazing, as the author has managed to boil her problem with her son's tattoo down to (whether she is aware of it or not) down to it simply being a case of "He did a thing I told him not to, because he is an adult that can make his own decisions, and I don't like it because my opinion no longer matters".

Lol I remember reading that when it was first published. She is seriously mental.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

My grandma has always said she hates tattoos and to never get them. She's old school Catholic Mexican and associates them with gang bangers and cholos. Well, I went and got tattoos on my forearms. This wasn't an issue at first, as I made sure to wear long sleeves or fingerless long gloves when I saw her. Except eventually I got used to having the tattoos and just forgot to cover them one day. I went to her house to pick her up for a family reunion and she saw them and melted down in hysterical Mexican Catholic grandma fashion. There was a lot of yelling and anger and tears. When we got to the family reunion, I went to help her out of my mom's car and she turned away from me and refused to talk to me or acknowledge my presence. She kept doing that the entire day. I said goodbye to her when we left but she ignored me. I called her a child. My mom was watching my son for me that night and she says my son, who is 5, told my grandma that she was being mean and to stop being mad about my tattoos. He told her they were pretty. :3:

Anyhow, two weeks later it was mother's day. My grandma told my mom she wanted to see me. So I went but I was reluctant and guarded. She saw me and started crying again but said she was sorry for how she acted and that she hates them, but she loves me. She made me promise not to get anymore (haha yeah right) but told me I didn't have to cover them. Now she gets a little teary eyed when she notices them but for the most part she ignores them.

Well that's my story thanks for reading.

Dear Prudence has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Jul 5, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dear Prudence posted:

My grandma has always said she hates tattoos and to never get them. She's old school Catholic Mexican and associates them with gang bangers and cholos. Well, I went and got tattoos on my forearms. This wasn't an issue at first, as I made sure to wear long sleeves or fingerless long gloves when I saw her. Except eventually I got used to having the tattoos and just forgot to cover them one day. I went to her house to pick her up for a family reunion and she saw them and melted down in historical Mexican Catholic grandma fashion. There was a lot of yelling and anger and tears. When we got to the family reunion, I went to help her out of my mom's car and she turned away from me and refused to talk yo me it acknowledge my presence. She kept doing that the entire day. I said goodbye to her when we left but she ignored me. I called her a child. My mom was watching my son for me that night and she says my son, who is 5, told my grandma that she was being mean and to stop being mad about my tattoos. He told her they were pretty.

Anyhow, two weeks later it was mother's day. My grandma told my mom she wanted to see me. So I went but I was reluctant and guarded. She saw me and started crying again but said she was sorry for how she acted and that she hates them, but she loves me. She made me promise not to get anymore (haha yeah right) but told me I didn't have to cover them. Now she gets a little teary eyed when she notices them but for the most part she ignores them.

My Mexican Pentecostal grandma (may she rest in peace and not hellfire) was a cholita growing up and had a Marilyn, my granpas intials and her eyebrows done.

Sorry your grandma is such a prude.

At least you have one.

:sigh:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Probably the best tattoo in GTA5.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
lmao I work with tattooed accountants, no one gives a gently caress

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Accountants with tattoos? No way. Accountants are appallingly dull, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful. No way they would get tattoos.

(I know the link's not a tattoo, but I think I have posted more than enough to get away with one Monty Python skit.)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I am literally a tattooed (trainee) chartered accountant. No one gives a gently caress except one senior guy who's visibly disgusted every time he sees my arms, but he's a prick anyway so who cares.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Corrode posted:

I am literally a tattooed (trainee) chartered accountant. No one gives a gently caress except one senior guy who's visibly disgusted every time he sees my arms, but he's a prick anyway so who cares.

Not having tattoos is an important qualification for being a manager at an Applebees or shift lead at Walmart. So naturally people who aspire to that level of employment assume that the same qualifications apply for actual professional positions.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

Not having tattoos is an important qualification for being a manager

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there one that says "may I take your order?"

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Dear Prudence posted:

My grandma has always said she hates tattoos and to never get them. She's old school Catholic Mexican and associates them with gang bangers and cholos. Well, I went and got tattoos on my forearms. This wasn't an issue at first, as I made sure to wear long sleeves or fingerless long gloves when I saw her. Except eventually I got used to having the tattoos and just forgot to cover them one day. I went to her house to pick her up for a family reunion and she saw them and melted down in hysterical Mexican Catholic grandma fashion. There was a lot of yelling and anger and tears. When we got to the family reunion, I went to help her out of my mom's car and she turned away from me and refused to talk to me or acknowledge my presence. She kept doing that the entire day. I said goodbye to her when we left but she ignored me. I called her a child. My mom was watching my son for me that night and she says my son, who is 5, told my grandma that she was being mean and to stop being mad about my tattoos. He told her they were pretty. :3:

Congratulations Grandma on dealing with stuff in an emotionally healthy way. We can only hope that other lady banged out her article while she was still sulking, and has since realized that the relationship is the most important thing and actually made up with her son.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Don't get a tattoo from Fashion Square Mall. Pic of the infected shoulder tattoo in the link.

https://www.facebook.com/starr.maria.9/posts/123702628233080

Dear Prudence has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Jul 7, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Dear Prudence posted:

Don't get a tattoo from Fashion Square Mall. Pic of the infected shoulder tattoo in the link.

https://www.facebook.com/starr.maria.9/posts/123702628233080

Was crossing my fingers it was Christina Chandler there.

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for
:sparkles: :sparkles:

Dear Prudence posted:

Don't get a tattoo from Fashion Square Mall.

Don't worry, I won't.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Not having tattoos is an important qualification for being a manager at an Applebees or shift lead at Walmart. So naturally people who aspire to that level of employment assume that the same qualifications apply for actual professional positions.

The Walmart thing is either regional or no longer applies, half the Assistant Managers at my store have full sleeves.

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me

RickVoid posted:

The Walmart thing is either regional or no longer applies, half the Assistant Managers at my store have full sleeves.

Yeah, this. I don't work at Wallly World, but I do work in retail as a manager, and several of our managers/leaders have visible tattoos. I don't know if there are any tattoo restrictions for corporate positions, but the corporate dildos are always wearing long sleeves anyway, so it literally doesn't matter unless you're inked on your face/neck/hands, which is the reason most ethical artists won't tattoo those areas on someone who is not already heavily tattooed. I personally feel that tattoos should not be a factor in job eligibility at all, regardless of placement, unless they are offensive or could be perceived as offensive in some way, but that's just me. I've never understood why people care what others do with their own bodies so drat much, parents included. Is your relationship with your child less important than your personal opinion about tattoos? People need to chill out.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pussy Doodles! posted:

Yeah, this. I don't work at Wallly World, but I do work in retail as a manager, and several of our managers/leaders have visible tattoos. I don't know if there are any tattoo restrictions for corporate positions, but the corporate dildos are always wearing long sleeves anyway, so it literally doesn't matter unless you're inked on your face/neck/hands, which is the reason most ethical artists won't tattoo those areas on someone who is not already heavily tattooed. I personally feel that tattoos should not be a factor in job eligibility at all, regardless of placement, unless they are offensive or could be perceived as offensive in some way, but that's just me. I've never understood why people care what others do with their own bodies so drat much, parents included. Is your relationship with your child less important than your personal opinion about tattoos? People need to chill out.

Low-level retail is chock full of control freak weirdoes.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Doesn't seem like a good idea to tattoo someone who has eczema...which oddly enough makes it looks like the flag is on fire, which is something I'm sure this person has 0 problems with.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's not a good cover up. White ink is loving terrible at concealing things.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not sure whether I should be more offended at the concept they hosed up or the end product the artist hosed up.

Seriously, what's going on with that text? And the arrow's line work is just atrocious.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

whypick1 posted:

Doesn't seem like a good idea to tattoo someone who has eczema...which oddly enough makes it looks like the flag is on fire, which is something I'm sure this person has 0 problems with.

Kwyndig posted:

That's not a good cover up. White ink is loving terrible at concealing things.

Is this the new thing? Like when people try real hard to not be able to read text in tattoos.

This is neither a cover up, nor does the person have eczema.

The white and grey is poo poo, sure, but it's trying to add depth and folds to the material (in a terrible way), but it's certainly not trying to cover anything

The 'eczema' is just what grey wash looks like immediately after getting tattooed, when you perforate the skin a million times it'll get red, irritated and inflamed, give it a few days for the initial trauma to fade and that'll become a smokey grey background.

Stop trying to find things to call out as terrible when the tattoo itself is poo poo enough to stand on it's own in the hall of shame.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
I thought it was partially covering something too, what's the rest of the rashy looking red pattern above the flag?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

pienipple posted:

I thought it was partially covering something too, what's the rest of the rashy looking red pattern above the flag?

dpack_1 posted:

The 'eczema' is just what grey wash looks like immediately after getting tattooed, when you perforate the skin a million times it'll get red, irritated and inflamed, give it a few days for the initial trauma to fade and that'll become a smokey grey background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The rest of the gray in the flag itself looks fine, though.