Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Blade Runner has always coasted on amazing visual and sound design. It's a slowly paced mess with a boring protagonist but it sure is pretty. You can get away with a lot when your visuals and soundtrack are iconic and genre-defining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

King Vidiot posted:

It's a shame she won't live, but then again who daaas

Part time!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rich Evans in AIIIIIIIIIIDS Runner

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

hemale in pain posted:

Naw, it's alright to admit the movie is boring because it is but I think it works for me :) someone else said it feels like a weird dream.

Visual poem was what I felt first time watching it.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rich Evans in AIIIIIIIIIIDS Runner

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
David in Alien Covenant is dumb as hell. He spent all that time trying to engineer a xenomorph when the blue man group figured out the black goo always leads to xenomorphs no matter what.

They made murals of xenomorphs in the chamber holding the black goo.

loving David. Good job. You basically bio-engineered a billion year old species that's already been discovered. Idiot.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's the perfect life form!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i still can't understand why they used that take of part time. they had a perfectly good take in the trailer! it makes no sense!!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

i still can't understand why they used that take of part time. they had a perfectly good take in the trailer! it makes no sense!!

Maybe they thought going for a forced smarmy way of saying it like a younger Indie would be more appealing.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

https://youtu.be/m__PBksZ0zA

This is the best bit of the Blade Runner theatrical cut voiceover.

Pro click

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

reignofevil posted:

It's the perfect life form!!!

I am the height of human evolution!

*turns into being of pure energy*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's insane that some people in this thread couldn't even remember if replicants were robots or clones.

Yeah, they could have been robots, and instead of checking their pulse or breathing, Deckard just sat around asking them about their childhood memories for no loving reason.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 4, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

https://youtu.be/m__PBksZ0zA

This is the best bit of the Blade Runner theatrical cut voiceover.

I'm cryin over here

naem
May 29, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

David in Alien Covenant is dumb as hell. He spent all that time trying to engineer a xenomorph when the blue man group figured out the black goo always leads to xenomorphs no matter what.

They made murals of xenomorphs in the chamber holding the black goo.

loving David. Good job. You basically bio-engineered a billion year old species that's already been discovered. Idiot.

It would be interesting if the engineers reproduce by dumping black goo on a planet and in millions of years it ether leads to perfect people (engineers) or to xenomorphs and that's why they hated us, because we're flawed, headed in the wrong direction

But NOPE it's whatever bs Ridley "bevis" Scunt felt like that day

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm really sad that Giger is dead and can't tell Ridley Scoot to gently caress off.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Does anyone remember the movie about a replicant detective whose job was to find other replicants? The main guy, I think, looked like Monk. It was a murder mystery, too.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Does anyone remember the movie about a replicant detective whose job was to find other replicants? The main guy, I think, looked like Monk. It was a murder mystery, too.

bladerunner?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I'm sorry these implanted memories mean its you and now I must arrest you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

vermin posted:

I am the height of human evolution!

*turns into being of pure energy*

i.e. spontaneously combusts

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm serious, actually. The Blade Runner talk has reminded me of that film. There was some plot point about maths and/or names. And the setting, although futuristic, mostly looked like 2000s. I remember it very vaguely, but it's definitely its own movie.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
My favorite part is when he gets fired from the cab company and it turns out that guy that owns the cab company is the antagonist for the whole film. And the other bit where the blue lady sings.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Again, I am completely serious. It's a real movie that I'm trying to remember. I'm not making a joke.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Again, I am completely serious. It's a real movie that I'm trying to remember. I'm not making a joke.

Are you thinking of Replicant?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Paladinus posted:

maybe youre thinking of animes

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

maybe it's this little known movie called "blade runner"?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Are you thinking of Replicant?

No. It wasn't a schlocky action movie. There was at least an attempt at some artsy stuff. Some dream sequences, maybe?

Trabandiumium posted:

maybe youre thinking of animes

No. Anime is bad.

LordArgh posted:

maybe it's this little known movie called "blade runner"?

No. It was a different film.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Was it this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypher_(film)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think he's describing Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It looks similar, but still not it. There was definitely something about replicants who expire. And the main guy was older. He was probably about to expire, too.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ahh, You're thinking of Circuitry Man

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099271/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

Armitage 3?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

It looks similar, but still not it. There was definitely something about replicants who expire. And the main guy was older. He was probably about to expire, too.

Please tell me you're not thinking of loving Bicentennial Man

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, I remembered a bunch of things wrong, but it's this film
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_46

Thanks, everyone.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

Okay, I remembered a bunch of things wrong, but it's this film
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_46

Thanks, everyone.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong but w/e

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

a bone to pick posted:

I'm pretty sure you're wrong but w/e

Nah, I've just watched the trailer and it's definitely it. Turns out the whole expriation business was about his visa, not about his being a clone, but cloning is also plot-relevant. And there are dreams and stuff.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's Heartbeeps, the movie you're thinking of is Heartbeeps.

Paladinus posted:

It's insane that some people in this thread couldn't even remember if replicants were robots or clones.

Yeah, they could have been robots, and instead of checking their pulse or breathing, Deckard just sat around asking them about their childhood memories for no loving reason.

I can't tell what the gently caress you're saying here but it sounds like "Replicants are not androids" and that would make you wrong

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

Nah, I've just watched the trailer and it's definitely it. Turns out the whole expriation business was about his visa, not about his being a clone, but cloning is also plot-relevant. And there are dreams and stuff.

I'm telling you it's Armitage 3

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

King Vidiot posted:

I can't tell what the gently caress you're saying here but it sounds like "Replicants are not androids" and that would make you wrong

They are not robots. In the book androids are also not robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

a bone to pick posted:

Ahh, You're thinking of Circuitry Man

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099271/

Haha I'd totally forgotten the name of this awesome piece of trash.

Gender-switched Cherry 2000 and Damnation Alley meets Johnny Mnemonic.

• Locked thread