Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Is this the thread to desperately trade steam cards in before the event ends?

The summer sale cards don't actually expire until August 5th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lurdiak posted:

Gem them, make Nep booster packs and sell them for money.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Stories Untold is real real good yall

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

poo poo, this is on sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/415610/Red_Comrades_Save_the_Galaxy_Reloaded/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have $5.92, this is my wishlist under $6.

Carrie's Order Up ($1.49)
Evo Explores ($1.99)
Princess Remedy in a Heap of Trouble ($2.09)
The Bug Butcher ($2.39)
Glass Masquerade ($3.14)
Standby ($3.19)
Stairs ($3.24)
Sylvio ($3.24)
Recursed ($3.99)
Deathtrap ($3.99)
Bulb Boy ($4.49)
Her Majesty's Spiffing ($4.79)
Fortified ($4.94)
Castaway Paradise ($4.94)
Bunker Punks ($4.94)
Red Faction: Guerilla ($4.99)
Mainlining ($4.99)
Grow Up ($4.99)
Valley ($4.99)
Heart & Slash ($5.09)
Ginger: Beyond the Crystal ($5.09)
Kero Blaster ($5.99)
Chronicles of Teddy ($5.99)
Dead Secret ($5.99)
NeonXSZ ($5.99)

honestly i dunno what to pick. i could always just save the money for a future sale but, idk. I know a lot of these games are obscure (well, RF:G isn't) but I'm sure people have opinions on some of them

also thanks to Fart of Presto for Pathologic Classic and Submerged!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
How is Metal Gear Solid 5? Do I need to get "The Definitive Experience" version?

And, while totally different, should I do MGS or Hitman 2016?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Xander77 posted:

Is supporting every single goddamned neo-nazi part of the MAGA code?

I didn't even know that. I thought the Hatred controversy was about the game's subject matter.

Shooting up some ISIS soldiers sounded tempting, so I gave the game a try last winter sale and found it fun if somewhat difficult.

People can make up their own minds on this matter.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Definitely Red Faction: Guerrilla, the entire game is based around exploding poo poo and it's great.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Thoughts? Removals? Recommendations?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Blattdorf posted:

On the matter of supporting neo-nazis? Yeah, sure.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Princess Remedy in a Heap of Trouble ($2.09)

Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt is free, short, and will give you a good idea if you want to pay for more (the answer is probably yes)

I've heard Heart&Slash is a neat idea that isn't executed that well, but I haven't tried it myself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's no need to antagonize blattdorf, they already have to live with the forbidden fruit of their trump toxx victory

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 2, 2017

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Have you played Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt? The free one?

Heap of Trouble is about the same length, and pretty similar apart from your secondary ability being different depending on who your partner is. It's fun, but probably not something you'll get a lot of mileage out of (which is good if you want to actually finish games).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So some big(ish?) budget titles on my wishlist are on decent discounts so if anyone can convince me to yes/no them it would be helpful.

- Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I know there were a ton of technical issues with this and that an entire section of the story was cut to be released later as DLC, but its only $17 and the DLC is 4 so is it finally worth it?
- Mafia 3: Same as above?
- Civ 6: Did they make this better with expansions like Civ 5 or gently caress it up more like Beyond Earth?
- Planet Coaster: I like building sims and need something else to muck around in when I dont feel like playing Cities Skylines

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I filled my cart up to $150 and then slowly removed everything. My primary thought was 'I still have Assassin's Creed 3 installed'. I'm not sure if that is like, a shame thing, or maybe I want to play it or something? It is hard to buy stuff when you still have Assassin's Creed 3 installed.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Furnaceface posted:

So some big(ish?) budget titles on my wishlist are on decent discounts so if anyone can convince me to yes/no them it would be helpful.

- Deus Ex Mankind Divided: I know there were a ton of technical issues with this and that an entire section of the story was cut to be released later as DLC, but its only $17 and the DLC is 4 so is it finally worth it?
- Civ 6: Did they make this better with expansions like Civ 5 or gently caress it up more like Beyond Earth?
- Planet Coaster: I like building sims and need something else to muck around in when I dont feel like playing Cities Skylines

I bought mankind divided at launch and didn't have any technical issues, so YMMV. and the DLC was never going to be part of the main game, what actually happened is that early on in development they decided to split the story into 2 games, but didn't make the first game have its own complete arc, so it kinda wiffs the end. The fact that a video game story is being talked about at all is fairly remarkable though, so take that for what it's worth. It's definitely worth $17

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

there's no need to antagonize blattdorf, they already have to live with the forbidden fruit of their trump toxx victory

Speaking of which, UglyCrackBaby is the last person to not have paid up. Donate the 60 bucks to SGDQ with some form of proof and let's call it a wrap.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

- Planet Coaster: is exactly like the themepark version of Cities: Skylines, if you're happy spending hours placing individual props and making things look pretty you'll be happy. If you're looking for challenging themepark sim where you can micromanage everything to the Nth degree you'll be bored quick. Also watching "Pros" design rides will leave you feeling empty and insignificant.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Mystic Stylez posted:

Battle Brothers, yes or no?

Yes!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

kater posted:

I filled my cart up to $150 and then slowly removed everything. My primary thought was 'I still have Assassin's Creed 3 installed'. I'm not sure if that is like, a shame thing, or maybe I want to play it or something? It is hard to buy stuff when you still have Assassin's Creed 3 installed.

AC3 is bad and waste of time. Uninstall it then hide it from your library. If you're letting AC3 dictate not playing better games then goondolences

Buy AC4 instead

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AceClown posted:

- Planet Coaster: is exactly like the themepark version of Cities: Skylines, if you're happy spending hours placing individual props and making things look pretty you'll be happy. If you're looking for challenging themepark sim where you can micromanage everything to the Nth degree you'll be bored quick. Also watching "Pros" design rides will leave you feeling empty and insignificant.

This is exactly my poo poo then because I love the plopping of props to make pretty things, thanks.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

AceClown posted:

I've been trying to figure out what kind of game it was for so long and couldn't get a feel for it, thanks for breaking it down so simply.

Kind of makes me want it more but I've barely scratched the cities skylines surface at 80 hours soooo next sale I guess. City planning is hard

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I hope so. I have like 6 Camping cards i need to trade in somehow.

https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=42051169&token=GpOfHZHe

Here's my inventory for card trading. I generally only trade within the same set, though.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I've tried buying Car parking lot cards but the servers are always goddamn busy! :argh:

Also I have some keys if anyone wants them.

8XKJ8-NTB08-J7FA4

QYYVQ-07MVI-5BRPN

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Junior Jr. posted:

I've tried buying Car parking lot cards but the servers are always goddamn busy! :argh:

Also I have some keys if anyone wants them.

8XKJ8-NTB08-J7FA4

QYYVQ-07MVI-5BRPN

I took the first one, thanks! :D

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

HenryEx posted:

I hope so. I have like 6 Camping cards i need to trade in somehow.

https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=42051169&token=GpOfHZHe

Here's my inventory for card trading. I generally only trade within the same set, though.

Can you just link your steam profile so I don't have to do this through browsers and verify that I didn't hijack my own account 27 times in the process?

E: Sent you a friend request, I'm Annoying Old Party Man.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 4, 2017

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 2, 2017

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

Any games you guys recommend if I'm a huge fan of XCOM (both the originals and remakes) and want something in that vein? Could be turn based or real time, I don't really care.

Xenonauts was the angry fan response to the original announcement that XCOM would be an FPS set in the 60s. As a result it's basically XCOM with the serial numbers filed off and a much more interesting air game.

Ghost Control Inc is what a Ghostbusters game should be. It's also "basically XCOM" but you're running a ghost catching business out of your garage. The neat design conceit since enemies can't really hurt you is that you're trying to prevent collateral damage which is difficult when ghosts are destructive and you've got nuclear backpacks. Also there are rival ghost catching companies moving about the map that will steal your business, it's all pretty neat.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 4, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

Any games you guys recommend if I'm a huge fan of XCOM (both the originals and remakes) and want something in that vein? Could be turn based or real time, I don't really care.

I don't think a real time game can capture what makes X-com interesting.

Shadowrun Returns, DragonFall and Hong Kong all use a grid-based combat system similar to the modern X-coms, including the cover mechanics and overwatch. They're much more straightforward RPGs and don't get down into the nitty gritty of tactics as much, but they more than make up for that with the story aspects.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Oh yeah, Valkyria Chronicles is a must but it's not on sale for whatever reason though it's like $5 every other month. And anybody responding with "but, annie mae" get the gently caress over it.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

Invisible Inc is extremely good and while it's not about shooting/killing all the badies, it's requires the same kind of tactical gameplay and understanding. Turn based, squad based and extremely polished.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Is there a way to see what DLC is available for the games in my library? Talking about Deus Ex earlier made me realize i never purchased the DLC, which is great because its on sale. Id love to be able to do that for other games without having to go through every single game and checking the DLC.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

al-azad posted:

Ghost Control Inc is what a Ghostbusters game should be. It's also "basically XCOM" but you're running a ghost catching business out of your garage. The neat design conceit since enemies can't really hurt you is that you're trying to prevent collateral damage which is difficult when ghosts are destructive and you've got nuclear backpacks. Also there are rival ghost catching companies moving about the map that will steal your business, it's all pretty neat.

This reminds me that everyone should own Ghost Master.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This reminds me that everyone should own Ghost Master.

God I wish they released an HD version of that with better UI.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Lechtansi posted:

Is there a way to see what DLC is available for the games in my library? Talking about Deus Ex earlier made me realize i never purchased the DLC, which is great because its on sale. Id love to be able to do that for other games without having to go through every single game and checking the DLC.

I believe sometimes, but not during the sale, there's a feed on the front page that lists "content for games you own" and that's about it. Considering how much money Steam must make off DLC sales alone you'd think they'd make it easier, but Valve gonna Valve.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

John Murdoch posted:

I believe sometimes, but not during the sale, there's a feed on the front page that lists "content for games you own" and that's about it. Considering how much money Steam must make off DLC sales alone you'd think they'd make it easier, but Valve gonna Valve.

I found this, seems to be exactly what i was looking for

https://steamdb.info/sales/?min_discount=40&min_rating=60&displayOnly=OwnedGamesDLC

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Hm, doesn't seem to filter out ones I already own.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

John Murdoch posted:

Hm, doesn't seem to filter out ones I already own.

Yeah, it's doing weird things for me as well. Oh well.

Getting back on track, hows Tomb Raider 2013? I'm really enjoying Rise of the Tomb Raider, and I hear that it improves on the 2013 version in almost every way, but i'm hankering for more survival tomb raiding action so I was thinking about it (plus its only $5).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Blattdorf posted:

I didn't even know that. I thought the Hatred controversy was about the game's subject matter.

Shooting up some ISIS soldiers sounded tempting, so I gave the game a try last winter sale and found it fun if somewhat difficult.

Sounds like Xander77 already thought for you. They know better.

• Locked thread