Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mishaq posted:

*requires a blackberry phone to be paired to get email and send bbm messages*

1to1 baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
inspired the iwatch

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the pleasure is gone

pram
Jun 10, 2001
there was no pleasure to begin with

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
pkev's posts always brought me great pleasure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
his tweets are kinda funny now and it's good he's off the suicide wagon ☺️

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember someone here wrote an app and got a free playbook that didn't work and bb refused to honour the warranty because they didn't supply it. bb told them they had to contact the 3rd party vendor who organized the playbook giveaway for warranty support because even though it was branded as a bb campaign they had nothing to do with it and those playbooks had no factory warranty.

the bb forums of course supported this and accused the poster of trying to make bb look bad when this wasn't their fault at all.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
didn't the playbook have a battery problem where if the battery drained completely it could never recharge?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Yes, LOL.

It also had a menu thing that slid down from the top of the screen, then slid back up when dismissed. You accessed it by swiping down from the top of the screen. You dismissed it by swiping it back up, right? Nope. You made it slide back up and out of view by swiping down again.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I liked the part where people who frequently lost their blackberries always bought a new one and had a new bbm pin and every few days on your facebook feed you would just see someone with a new bbm pin.

i also really liked the part where, if you're trying to shut down and there were notifications, it would stop you from shutting down

In addition, the part where if you were almost out of battery, it would put itself into a powersaving mode where it would shut off all wireless radios and turn the screen to almost zero brightness, so you couldn't send any messages or call anyone, but you also couldn't shut down.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

I like the part where they made 3 top-end blackberries but each would have 1 "good" feature like wifi or 3g or a usable amount of memory, and you could not get one which had all of it.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

I liked how the playbook on launch couldn't use email unless you paired it with a blackberry

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

also when the playbook released, it was $499. The same price as the ipad.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Wild EEPROM posted:

dual cores

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

one for each CEO

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

when the playbook came out I worked at a store that featured it prominently because we didn't carry iPads yet

I figured out how to look up the sales statistics chainwide and I think we sold under 500 units in the first week

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wild EEPROM posted:

I like the part where they made 3 top-end blackberries but each would have 1 "good" feature like wifi or 3g or a usable amount of memory, and you could not get one which had all of it.

wait are you talking about blackberry or nokia?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Mikey-San posted:

one for each CEO

unique dual-CEO design allows business to be run into ground at twice the normal rate

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dislike button posted:

unique dual-CEO design allows business to be run into ground at twice the normal rate

once ceo for business affairs, the other one for home stuff

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Wild EEPROM posted:

that's only $250 per core, what a bargain!

ufarn
May 30, 2009
If it’s true that Apple is going to release three new iPhones, my bet is that they’re named the iPhone 7S, iPhone 7S Plus, and iPhone Pro. And I hope the iPhone Pro starts at $1500 or higher. I’d like to see what Apple can do in a phone with a higher price.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

the answer is dongles

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i hope they bring the jack back. i still like my comfortable af panasonic earphones ( https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HJE120-PPK-In-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B003EM8008 )

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
i unironically miss blackberry's unified inbox. but nothing else and I still wake up with panic dreams every once in a while about our old bes server.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

ufarn posted:

If it’s true that Apple is going to release three new iPhones, my bet is that they’re named the iPhone 7S, iPhone 7S Plus, and iPhone Pro. And I hope the iPhone Pro starts at $1500 or higher. I’d like to see what Apple can do in a phone with a higher price.

same. please timb take my money. iPhone 6 has been good for shitposting and posting while on the shitter, but I'm ready to get something new.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i hope they bring the jack back. i still like my comfortable af panasonic earphones ( https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HJE120-PPK-In-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B003EM8008 )
those are bad and you should feel bad

ufarn posted:

naming it the iphone pro would preclude it from being the poorphone a generation or two from now

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i hope they bring the jack back.

lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scott Forstall posted:

same. please timb take my money. iPhone 6 has been good for shitposting and posting while on the shitter, but I'm ready to get something new.

lol nice consumerism

"nothing wrong with what i have, im just greedy for more: also can you pass the grey poopon"

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If anything they switch to usb-c on the iphone requiring a brand new usb-c to lightning dongle that you can daisy chain with your existing lightning to headphone jack adapter

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
usb c is fat as gently caress

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
USB-C port is thicker than Lightning port so Sir Jony will never allow it.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

echinopsis posted:

lol nice consumerism

"nothing wrong with what i have, im just greedy for more: also can you pass the grey poopon"

honestly I'm hopeful that rumors the iPhone pro is thicc means a bigger battery

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

why

the battery rules

my 7plus is a goddamn pro

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Scott Forstall posted:

honestly I'm hopeful that rumors the iPhone pro is thicc means a bigger battery

just make the battery a bit bigger tim
https://twitter.com/codinghorror/status/882127378889064449

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
android is so bad. I've been digging through the code base and it's amateurish garbage compared to iOS

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FamDav posted:

usb c is fat as gently caress
dont sign yuor psots

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
made by highly paid professionals

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Management posted:

android is so bad. I've been digging through the code base and it's amateurish garbage compared to iOS

don't sign you are posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

the replies are gold :five:

• Locked thread