Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
galenanorth
May 19, 2016

freedom is the freedom to say $2.69/gallon is lower than $2.39/gallon

Good comments

quote:

This is what Liberalism is. This is who they are and how they think. Scratch one too deep and you find a fascist.

Saying "Obama inspired me to be an architect" in a choreographed routine while wearing camo prompts

quote:

I wonder how many of these kids are in jail now.

quote:

All of them.even the one filming it with the camera he stole lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/peplamb/status/882187056373415939

"thank you mr. trump for cleaning up after president black man's mess!!!!"

this country blows

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nichael posted:

this country blows

yeah thanks to obamma, thats why trumps making it great again idiot

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ArmZ posted:

this sounds like some crossfit bullshit

keeps the idiots out of the good gyms, so if crossfit wants to keep injuring suckers good for them

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Nichael posted:

this country blows

What happened in this country was the internet and social networking software gave people who have no interest in knowledge as anything but power a bully pulpit.

Hey, remember back in America's peaceful pastoral upbringing, when there were TED talks about how Americans were suffering from information overload? Hey, hey, hey

Guess what

This is the result. Welcome to Snow Crash by Steven something

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like how just a few days ago the WSJ exposed that Donny's campaign almost certainly was colluding and the nation's response is "That's our little scamp! Always getting into trouble :3:"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/BradThor/status/881954415787343872

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

I remember right after the 08 crash I was driving home on winter break and boggling that gas was only a buck sixty because I hadn't driven all quarter and didn't witness the drop in prices until then lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

galenanorth posted:

freedom is the freedom to say $2.69/gallon is lower than $2.39/gallon

what if you adjust for inflation or some other thing donny doesnt understand

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

"Thor's high-octane thrillers burn up the bestseller lists!" - Chicago Tribune

"Feels like the TV show 24 on the page." - Associated Press

"Anyone who thinks that the only thing to fear is fear itself should meet Brad Thor." - Newsweek

"His best book yet. Powerful and reads like the news of what is going on today." (Glenn Beck, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author)

"Brad Thor writes like a high-octane mix of Tom Clancy and Robert Ludlum." (Andrew Mayne, Bestselling Author)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

petit choux posted:

This is the result. Welcome to Snow Crash by Steven something

It's always bad when you can look at a dystopian fantasy novel and go "yep"

Curse you Margaret Atwood

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hodgepodge posted:

the flash is weird because he's the only superhero whose powers are fundamentally underestimated in terms of raw strength

like writers not getting physics is one thing, but speed and mass are fundamentally identical, you don't run across an entire city faster than the eye can see to deliver a big-ish punch; if you do that the fight is over and if the other guy doesn't have superpowers his head looks like it was just hit buy a shotgun shell the size of your first (because that is literally what happened)

The point of that episode was the bad guy could turn himself into metal, so the only way the Flash could punch him hard enough to actually hurt him was if he was travelling at above the speed of sound

You're right about the Flash being underestimated by writers in general, but in that specific case it's the opposite of your complaint

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mr. Sharps posted:

I guessed that like five seconds in that clip is almost pure distilled megachurch c'mon.

i mean, it was obviously maga curchy, but the specific details would have eluded me

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/882022807093350400

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The party thinks (probably accurately) that they're above reproach. I mean, Gardner had disabled people arrested and dragged out of his office after having them literally poo poo in a bucket. Gianforte bodyslams nerds. Donald loving Trump is president.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
This July fourth, honor the founders by going FULL CUCK for Mark Zuck!

Cuck Yeah!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

The party thinks (probably accurately) that they're above reproach. I mean, Gardner had disabled people arrested and dragged out of his office after having them literally poo poo in a bucket. Gianforte bodyslams nerds. Donald loving Trump is president.

i mean nov 8th made it abundantly clear that they could do ANYTHING and people will still vote for them

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

This July fourth, honor the founders by going FULL CUCK for Mark Zuck!

Cuck Yeah!
if you cuck a cuck with a fellow cuck, who is the cuck?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The point of that episode was the bad guy could turn himself into metal, so the only way the Flash could punch him hard enough to actually hurt him was if he was travelling at above the speed of sound

You're right about the Flash being underestimated by writers in general, but in that specific case it's the opposite of your complaint

That makes sense then.

The gif still looks funny if you don't know the context.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

i.. uh. what?

*points to orb*

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i mean nov 8th made it abundantly clear that they could do ANYTHING and people will still vote for them

right, I'm just kind of numb to their poo poo now. the lack of Mattering isn't exclusive to Donny, and I don't know how you change that

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

We're all Russians now, comrade.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

right, I'm just kind of numb to their poo poo now. the lack of Mattering isn't exclusive to Donny, and I don't know how you change that

actually this isn't true which is the only thing that seems to destroy the gop

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the gop are extremely vulnerable when something doesn't involve trump, because it's a cult and the immunity only applies to him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Christie doesn't really give a poo poo anymore his career is over and he knows it so why not yolo it

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

i mean yeah they're low but not the lowest

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

the gop are extremely vulnerable when something doesn't involve trump, because it's a cult and the immunity only applies to him
I'm really not seeing that. Gardner, for example, got a "tsk tsk" editorial in the Denver Post and the story was forgotten.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

I'm really not seeing that. Gardner, for example, got a "tsk tsk" editorial in the Denver Post and the story was forgotten.

it seems to depend on unknown factors but they are by no means bulletproof like trump is

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also lol that trump was completely silent about the missile

i thought this time was nuclear war for sure :thunk:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Was nightcrawler good I never saw it

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Baller Ina posted:

Yes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

also lol that trump was completely silent about the missile

i thought this time was nuclear war for sure :thunk:

donny is a pussy :ssh:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Baller Ina posted:

big time

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

NO HORSIN AROUND TODAY

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/nqXmKVs.mp4

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

donny is a pussy :ssh:

i wish people would call trump's bluffs more, despite how petty he is he clearly loathes direct confrontation of any kind

like the same day he randomly calls out north korea and nk immediately fires a missile into the sky

then he says nothing, because coward

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"please praise me"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/882325456162361344

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

hail Satan, friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock